inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Whoa! I met who??????????

Written By: Tam on 10/04/12 at 10:59 pm

So about a month ago I received a message on facebook from someone here on the boards.
They explained to me that they were going to be doing a roadtrip and would be in my area. Would it be possible to meet up for lunch or dinner or something?

Needless to say, I was beyond excited and told this member that I would definitely love to meet up with them. Just let me know when.

2 weeks passed without a word, then suddenly there it was... the reply I was waiting for.
The member told me the date he would be in the area and so a semi-plan was hatched!

All last week I was waiting for an inkling as to when this meeting would take place. Yeehaw! It was set for Saturday! I was so excited, I didn't really think about much else. I went about the rest of my week, hanging with my girlfriend and doing every day things.

Friday comes and I am about to go off post to do some shopping at walmart... HUGE PROBLEM!!!!

I left my wallet in my girlfriends car! Normally wouldn't be an issue, but she left Friday morning to go to Pennsylvania!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See, when you live on post, you cannot get on post without your ID. All of my ID is obviously... in my wallet! :(

So I sent a message to the member explaining my stupidity and hoped that we might still be able to meet up if he was willing to deal with signing in as a visitor on post. It isn't a huge issue, just a pain in the butt! Well, being the amazing person he is... he dealt with the visitor center and I finally got to meet....

Al-B
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x108/tmhaley32/IMG_0403.jpg

Him and his brother Rob stopped by for a couple of hours and Big Nasty and I totally enjoyed ourselves!!! Of course, Big Nasty had to go with me. He is protective - sometimes to a fault, but I get why he would be worried... his wife going to meet 2 men. Hahaha! Sounded crazy to him for sure! But once we all met and were eating - James did more talking than I did!! ;D

At any rate, I finally meet Al-B and what an amazing person! He is as smart in person as he is online and he is exactly who he professes to be online! He and Rob told me all about their travels to that point, and I was just plain happy to be able to meet a person I hold a lot of respect for. Rob is a lot like Al too!

Thank you Al-B for thinking of stopping to see little 'ole me on your travels!
Love ya Dude! lol

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x108/tmhaley32/IMG_0406.jpg
Al-B's brother Rob

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x108/tmhaley32/IMG_0407.jpg
Rob and Al-B

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x108/tmhaley32/IMG_0408.jpg
Rob, Al-B and I
Yes, I am a short little thing... what can I do? lol

ps. I received my wallet yesterday via UPS *smdh

Subject: Re: Whoa! I met who??????????

Written By: snozberries on 10/04/12 at 11:09 pm

So you told your husband you were going to meet two men, one of whom you met online? Why would he be protective about that???  ;)

he is exactly who he professes to be online!

Soooo.....he really is a piano player in a whorehouse? ???

Just kidding. I'm happy for you two. And super jealous. More people need to travel to Cali. 

Written By: Dagwood on 10/04/12 at 11:14 pm

Awesome!

Written By: Tam on 10/04/12 at 11:15 pm

So you told your husband you were going to meet two men, one of whom you met online? Why would he be protective about that???  ;)

Hahahahaha!!!! He was the same way when we all went to Philly!

Soooo.....he really is a piano player in a whorehouse? ???

Absolutely!!!! LMAO

Just kidding. I'm happy for you two. And super jealous. More people need to travel to Cali.

The day that I know I am coming to Cali... you will be the first person I call!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Written By: snozberries on 10/04/12 at 11:34 pm

Hahahahaha!!!! He was the same way when we all went to Philly!

Absolutely!!!! LMAO

The day that I know I am coming to Cali... you will be the first person I call!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Excellent!!!!  Cuz you don't have to come to SB. Just get in the state. I'll come to you. 

Eta....unless you to eureka or humbolt... I have no desire to travel that far north  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/05/12 at 11:17 am

Way cool. I totally love mini-meets!

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/05/12 at 12:49 pm

I'm so jealous!  I love both of you guys.  Sounds like lots of fun.  :)

Written By: warped on 10/05/12 at 2:08 pm

Al-B is just as I pictured him.  Very cool guy. Good stuff!

Either Tam is about 5 foot 2 or Al-B is like 6 feet 6... ;D

Tam, you have a beautiful smile. :)

Written By: Tam on 10/05/12 at 3:57 pm

Way cool. I totally love mini-meets!

Cat

Me too! Thanks Cat

I'm so jealous!  I love both of you guys.  Sounds like lots of fun.  :)

Thanks Ash. It was short, but great!

Al-B is just as I pictured him.  Very cool guy. Good stuff!

Either Tam is about 5 foot 2 or Al-B is like 6 feet 6... ;D

Tam, you have a beautiful smile. :)

Tam is 5'4 (I want those extra 2 inches dangit!) ;D

Thanks warped! 8)

Written By: Howard on 10/05/12 at 4:10 pm

Wow awesome pictures Tam.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/05/12 at 4:21 pm

Me too! Thanks Cat

Thanks Ash. It was short, but great!

Tam is 5'4 (I want those extra 2 inches dangit!) ;D

Thanks warped! 8)

I'm 5'2". Shorter than you are. But you know what they say, the best gifts come in small packages.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/05/12 at 4:52 pm

I'm 5'2". Shorter than you are. But you know what they say, the best gifts come in small packages.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

another thing we have in common  :)

Written By: snozberries on 10/05/12 at 4:55 pm

woulda been hilarious if Big Nasty had taken the pic like this....

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/inthe00s/tam.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/05/12 at 5:02 pm

woulda been hilarious if Big Nasty had taken the pic like this....

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/inthe00s/tam.jpg

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/05/12 at 6:49 pm

Glad we finally got to meet, it was fun!

Getting into the base wasn't really that much of a hassle, it took maybe 5-10 minutes altogether.

I won't lie, Rob and I were a little intimidated by Big Nasty at first but once we all started hanging out things loosened up pretty quickly. I think it helped that I did some time in the Army myself and thus we both "spoke the same language."  All in all, we ended up having a really good time, and Tam is just as cool in person as she is online.

Speaking of "Whoa! I met who??"

After we left Fort Campbell, Rob & I stayed the night at a motel in Paducah, Kentucky (about 80 miles up the road) and went on to St. Louis the next day, where we met up with another person from the boards (though he really doesn't post here anymore.)

Remember this guy???

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/Mid%20South%20Music%20and%20Tragical%20History%20Tour%202012/1720_zps52fc2646.jpg

The man to my right in the Eli Manning jersey is none other than Andy, who went by the name Davey Thrashmister here. Since he lives only 4 hours away from me we stay in touch and we've hung out several times. And he's every bit as crazy and cool in person as he was here (and still is on FB). 

I've met a couple of other people here (Jessica and Rice Cube) and my experiences have been the same every time. It's a little awkward at first, but once you start talking for a few minutes and telling stories about the boards (and other things), it's as if you've been friends your whole life.

Gimme a shout if another meet-up is planned, I'll have to go to the next one.  :)

Written By: wildcard on 10/05/12 at 9:25 pm

cool        wonder if I'll ever meet anyone somewhere

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/15/12 at 2:52 pm

That's way cool!

Check for new replies or respond here...