inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Our 2016 holiday/vacation

Written By: Henk on 09/23/16 at 4:43 pm

Here's a slideshow of pictures I took during our holiday/vacation this year. Maybe it's quite lengthy, but I hope you enjoy watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyHqPE7olUg

P.S.: there's nothing wrong with your audio. ;)

Subject: Re: Our 2016 holiday/vacation

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/23/16 at 5:23 pm

Here's a slideshow of pictures I took during our holiday/vacation this year. Maybe it's quite lengthy, but I hope you enjoy watching.

O0

Very nice!

Written By: 80sfan on 09/23/16 at 5:57 pm

Very beautiful, the scenery!

Written By: Henk on 09/24/16 at 1:43 am

O0

Very nice!

Very beautiful, the scenery!

Thank you both! :) We did quite enjoy the scenery, even though the weather wasn't always as good as we hoped for.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/24/16 at 10:52 am

Nice shots. Love those sculptures. Very cool.

What program did you use to create your show? And would you mind a little constructive criticism?

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/24/16 at 6:13 pm

Thank you both! :) We did quite enjoy the scenery, even though the weather wasn't always as good as we hoped for.

Just took a look at it. Very beautiful, all around. O0 It was certainly worth the time to view it all. :)

Written By: Henk on 09/25/16 at 9:51 am

Nice shots. Love those sculptures. Very cool.

Thank you. :)

What program did you use to create your show? And would you mind a little constructive criticism?

Cat

I used CyberLink Power Director. It was my first experience with the program, and I'm not entirely satisfied with the results myself. So please: be my guest!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/25/16 at 12:01 pm

Thank you. :)

I used CyberLink Power Director. It was my first experience with the program, and I'm not entirely satisfied with the results myself. So please: be my guest!

I think I might have used CyberLink one time. I have used a few different ones over the years but at the moment I use CorelVideo Studio Pro X6. I have learned that there are pros & cons to every program.

With your slideshow, I do love the movement of the pics. I don't always use that with my slideshows but I do every now and again.

I have two major issues with yours. First of all, the length-and this is something that I am just as guilty of. (I once did a slideshow that was 45 minutes long.  :o :o :o That was my very first one I ever did and it was a visit with all the kids-3 of the grandkids weren't even born yet.) I have learned that people's attention span isn't that long. What you might want to do is break it up into two or more videos. The second is you really do need music.

When we went across country a few years ago, I did a whole series of slideshows from the trip. They really weren't for anyone but me. With our visit to Yellowstone, I broke the slideshow into two-I did the same thing with the Grand Canyon. I never did complete all my slideshows. I really should do that when my Muse is awake. The last couple of years, I have been doing an "End of the Year" video/slideshow. I am not worried about length because they are for no one but me but I often give a copy to my SIL because she wants one.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 09/27/16 at 3:48 pm

I have two major issues with yours. First of all, the length-and this is something that I am just as guilty of. (I once did a slideshow that was 45 minutes long.  :o :o :o That was my very first one I ever did and it was a visit with all the kids-3 of the grandkids weren't even born yet.) I have learned that people's attention span isn't that long. What you might want to do is break it up into two or more videos. The second is you really do need music.

Cat

Well, I totally agree with you on both counts. Point is, once I had the slideshow finished I had run out of time!
It took me much longer than expected to create this slideshow (no wonder, given the length of it - but this is all in retrospect).
Once it was finished, I didn't really want to spend double the amount of time on creating a second version without the certainty of that newer version being an improvement. So I just left it at this.

Plus, I couldn't decide on what music to use, so I ended up just using none. Big mistake!
(FTR: I don't have any music on my computer at all)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/27/16 at 5:17 pm

Well, I totally agree with you on both counts. Point is, once I had the slideshow finished I had run out of time!
It took me much longer than expected to create this slideshow (no wonder, given the length of it - but this is all in retrospect).
Once it was finished, I didn't really want to spend double the amount of time on creating a second version without the certainty of that newer version being an improvement. So I just left it at this.

Plus, I couldn't decide on what music to use, so I ended up just using none. Big mistake!
(FTR: I don't have any music on my computer at all)

I totally understand. My slideshows usually takes a LONG time to create. The thing is with me, I'm usually never satisfied which is why it takes so long. There are only a few that I would do a second take or more-and those are the ones that I am doing for special reasons. And even then, sometimes I'm not happy with the final product but at that point, I will say, enough! Most I do are just for me-so it doesn't matter. 

Oh, and I do love your pics.  :)

Cat

Written By: Henk on 09/28/16 at 1:10 pm

Oh, and I do love your pics.  :)

Cat

Thank you very much. :) Of course, they can't hold a candle to yours... ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/28/16 at 1:26 pm

Thank you very much. :) Of course, they can't hold a candle to yours... ;)

That is sweet-but not true. Yours are just as good as mine.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...