inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Digital VS analogue pictures

Written By: Dude111 on 08/25/17 at 12:02 pm

Which do you like better??

Everyone here probably knows how much I love analog and its warmth/depth... Digital is flat and sterile and that goes for pictures also..... No life in it @ all,no depth....

What do ya'll think? (I wont get mad if someone says they love digital.. lets try and have a good open minded discussion about it)

Subject: Re: Digital VS analogue pictures

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/25/17 at 3:11 pm

I was a hold-out to getting a digital camera for the longest time. My issue with analogue was the price-buying film, getting the film developed, etc.

What made me cross over to digital was our eBay business. It started with a cheapo camera (I think it was a freebee). Man, the pics were AWFUL! We then decided to invest in a good camera-a Canon. I brought down to Puerto Rico on a visit down there which my sister joined us. She had a digital camera and was basically showing me all the pics I could take. That started it for me. With film, I only take one pic of something and hope it will come out.  What I like about digital is that I can take as many pics as I want so if one shot doesn't come out, maybe one of them will.

As for quality, I think it depends on the camera-for both analogue & digital. And with the analogue, it depends on the film, too. With many digital shots, I think they look very life-like.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5587/15126916687_e5df7c4cba_c.jpg

Yeah, that is one of my shots-taken with a Canon SX50-which has since died.  :\'( But, I did replace it with a Canon SX60.  :)  My first Canon died but I replaced that with a Canon SX200. I still use it. Sometimes the SX60 is better and sometimes the SX200 is better.

Cat

Subject: Re: Digital VS analogue pictures

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/06/17 at 4:39 pm

With digital you can edit and review pictures, not have to wait for them to develop and see whether they came out good or not. I prefer digital for that reason. That said, phone cameras need improving, especially the selfie camera.

Check for new replies or respond here...