inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Post your 2014 pics

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/03/20 at 10:39 am

Inspired by the "2014 Appreciation Thread".

Here's a picture of me on July 4th, 2014 holding my two dogs.

Subject: Re: Post your 2014 pics

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/03/20 at 1:49 pm

bump

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/03/20 at 9:37 pm

I don't have much from 2014 but here are a couple.  Me and my daughter at the Labor Day Mackinac Bridge Walk, which we did just about every year.  And us on April 20, standing on the breakwall where the ice was still 6 feet thick and the bay was still completely frozen over.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/03/20 at 10:46 pm

I don't have much from 2014 but here are a couple.  Me and my daughter at the Labor Day Mackinac Bridge Walk, which we did just about every year.  And us on April 20, standing on the breakwall where the ice was still 6 feet thick and the bay was still completely frozen over.

Nice pictures.  :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/06/20 at 11:12 am

Inspired by the "2014 Appreciation Thread".

Here's a picture of me on July 4th, 2014 holding my two dogs.

Sweet!  Nice picture!  :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/06/20 at 11:14 am

Nice pictures!  :)

Written By: nally on 04/11/20 at 1:15 pm

very nice. Thanks for sharing.

I have several pictures that were taken then; I'll have to put 'em up at some point.

Written By: KatanaChick on 04/11/20 at 8:41 pm

Were you there in 2010? That's the only year I've ever been, it was a family trip up there just to show me what it was all about. Had fun, but not sure I'll ever be repeating it. They don't even let you stop if you need to sit for a few minutes. Lovely pictures though, especially the sunset! Do you live near there?

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/11/20 at 9:40 pm

Were you there in 2010? That's the only year I've ever been, it was a family trip up there just to show me what it was all about. Had fun, but not sure I'll ever be repeating it. They don't even let you stop if you need to sit for a few minutes. Lovely pictures though, especially the sunset! Do you live near there?

I’ve lived in this area basically all my life, an hour south of the bridge near the West shore. Beautiful sunsets for sure. Always about 5-10 minutes from the big lake. Not now of course but I’ve lost track of all the times I’ve gone to the bridge just for fun. Many times every year. It’s always been my favorite place.

Was looking through my pictures and 2010 might have been one of the few years I didn’t do the walk. Wouldn’t surprise me as that was when I was laid off work and had to save every penny. Not like I had much money to begin with so yeah my clothes were rough but I chose to give her a good life instead. I always wanted to go as a kid but we couldn’t for similar reasons. So when I turned 18 in 1994 I started going. And took my daughter every year I could which was most years. She loved it.

We never had a problem stopping on the walk. Just kinda worked our way to the side and sat on the short rail and nibbled and drank for a few minutes. Always carried a tote bag with drinks and snacks and a place to stash our layers because it usually starts out cold then warms up. The last couple walks they changed the format totally. No more buses and they shut down the whole bridge for like 6 hours. So unless you got a ride you walk halfway across then back. Or extremely ambitious then you can walk all the way and back. It was different but still worth it.

Written By: Fink on 11/07/22 at 4:20 am

I'm the 12 year old boy in the button down blue shirt.

https://i.ibb.co/JqgnFQ7/FB-IMG-1607816176279.jpg

Written By: Howard on 11/07/22 at 2:38 pm

very handsome. :)

Written By: Ripley on 11/07/22 at 3:52 pm

Good pic 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...