inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: MOVIE MERGERS II: The Sequel! (COMPLETED)

Written By: Jared on 09/28/04 at 12:31 pm

Well, I warned you guys, so here it s!  Same rules as before, folks, be prepared.

1. Jim Carrey replaces Mike Myers as the International Man of Mystery in this sequel....but it could be at the worst possible time, as the aloof spy has apparently come down with a split personality! (10 Words)
"Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, Myself, and Irene"- Johnny D

2. Elijah Wood portrays a hobbit journalist who receives a mysterious video which is said to kill anyone who sees it.  With a team of freinds and warriors, he must travel to Mordor in order to destroy the video once and for all!  (4 Words)
"Lord of the Ring"- Arwen

3. Ninny Threadgoode reminisces to Evelyn Couch about the time the Whistle Stop Cafe was attacked by giant, malevolent, mutated vegetables! (7 Words)
"Attack of the Killer Fried Green Tomatoes"- Arwen

4. Four long-time childhood friends gather to prepare for the upcoming birth of one's baby, and reminsce about  when they were 12....and journeyed through Vietnam to stop a power-mad ex-soldier! (4 Words)
"Apocalypse Now And Then"- IndyGent

5. Peter Parker is bitten by a radioactive spider...and must use his newfound abilities to investigate thie kidnapping of a senator's daughter! (4 or 5 Words)
"Along Came A Spider-Man"- IndyGent

6. An ex-con and an ex-cop in the Old West help themselves to another couple's chiild...only to encounter an ex-raider who has been sprung from jail! (3 Words)
"Raising Arizona Raiders"- Johnny D

7. An interesting look at the deaf community in Tokyo....and their encounters with a 50-foot lizard! (4 Words)
"Children of a Lesser Godzilla"- Johnny D

8. The King of Siam sends for a schoolteacher, but when the schoolteacher arrives, she's accomplanied by a  giant ape! (4 Words)
"King Kong and I"- Arwen

9. Ben Stiller is trying to hook back up with his childhood crush....but the most famous monster of all time (Robert DeNiro) may prove to be an obstacle! (6 Words)
"There's Something About Mary Shelley's Frankenstein"- Johnny D

10. Richard and Em are shipwrecked on an island; they learn much of life in their time there...but can even they avoid the Gill Man? (5 Words)
"Creature From The Blue Lagoon"- Johnny D

Subject: Re: MOVIE MERGERS II: The Sequel!

Written By: Arwen on 09/28/04 at 12:46 pm

2. Elijah Wood portrays a hobbit journalist who receives a mysterious video which is said to kill anyone who sees it.  With a team of freinds and warriors, he must travel to Mordor in order to destroy the video once and for all!  (4 Words)=

"Lord of The Ring"

8. The King of Siam sends for a schoolteacher, but when the schoolteacher arrives, she's accomplanied by a  giant ape! (4 Words)=

"King Kong and I"  ? ? ?

3. Ninny Threadgoode reminisces to Evelyn Couch about the time the Whistle Stop Cafe was attacked by giant, malevolent, mutated vegetables! (7 Words)=

"Attack of the Killer Fried Green Tomatoes"

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/28/04 at 12:47 pm

1. Me, Myself, Irene, And Austin Powers, International Men Of Mystery

2. Lord of The Ring

7. Children of a Lesser Godzilla

8. King Kong and I

10.  Creature from the Blue Lagoon

Written By: Arwen on 09/28/04 at 12:48 pm

1. Me, Myself, Irene, And Austin Powers, International Men Of Mystery

2. Lord of The Ring

7. Children of a Lesser Godzilla

8. King Kong and I

10.  Creature from the Blue Lagoon

I totally beat you, Johnny! ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/28/04 at 12:49 pm

4. Apocalypse Now and Then
5. Along Came a Spiderman

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/28/04 at 12:49 pm

9.  There's Something Untouchable About Mary

Written By: Jared on 09/28/04 at 12:54 pm

both of you are right on everything...EXCEPT Johnny's guess for number one...remember, Johnny, the titles are joined at a word..and also remember, I referred to it as a sequel.  you do have the right componenets tho.....almost.

Indy Gent, yep..nice work.

Johnny...nope, but keep trying  I said ""monster", not "mobster"

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/28/04 at 12:57 pm

1. Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, Myself, And Irene

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/28/04 at 1:00 pm

9.  There's Something About Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Written By: Jared on 09/28/04 at 1:24 pm

Yep, nice work all of you guys.  Well, it looks like our still unguessed one is proving to be quite difficult.  So, Ill give you guys a hint:

The common word is the name of a state.  It refers to the state in one of the mives involved, but not in the other one.  Hope that helps.

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/28/04 at 1:28 pm

6. Raising Arizona Raiders

Written By: Jared on 09/28/04 at 1:31 pm

YES, Johnny!

Thie final scores are:
1. Johnny D- 5 Correct
2. Arwen- 3 Correct
3. IndyGent- 2 Correct

Wow, and the king of poop jokes beats the Princess of Rinvendell, 5-3!  I am in shock!

Well, thanks for playing, everybody, and well, there may or may nolt be a Part 3 soon

PS Johnny, did you need my clue to figure that out?  Or could you have gotten it without my help?

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/28/04 at 2:57 pm

YES, Johnny!

Thie final scores are:
1. Johnny D- 5 Correct
2. Arwen- 3 Correct
3. IndyGent- 2 Correct

Wow, and the king of poop jokes beats the Princess of Rinvendell, 5-3!  I am in shock!

Well, thanks for playing, everybody, and well, there may or may nolt be a Part 3 soon

PS Johnny, did you need my clue to figure that out?  Or could you have gotten it without my help?

Jared,

I searched your rules very, very carefully.....and I found that you did not prohibit us from using Google to help find the answer(s)!

So, I took "ex-cop" and "ex-con" and "baby" and "movie" and found "Raising Arizona".

Then, I took "ex-raider" and "jail" and "movie" and found "Arizona Raiders".

I would not have used Google if you had said that we could not.  ;D

Written By: Jared on 09/28/04 at 3:00 pm

Jared,

I searched your rules very, very carefully.....and I found that you did not prohibit us from using Google to help find the answer(s)!

So, I took "ex-cop" and "ex-con" and "baby" and "movie" and found "Raising Arizona".

I will DEFINITELY remember that for Part 3!  Even tho it was not epxlicitily prohibited, I still want to consider this cheating......

Written By: Arwen on 09/28/04 at 3:03 pm

Jared,

GASP!!!  Cheater-head!

I actually knew "Raising Arizona."  How many of you have seen that?  It's priceless...seriously.  But I couldn't figure out the other part...

Subject: Re: MOVIE MERGERS II: The Sequel! (COMPLETED)

Written By: Jared on 09/28/04 at 3:05 pm

This is gonna be a really weird question, but to all who have played, are there any merged movies, from both this and the first quiz, that you might actually enjoy watching?

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/28/04 at 3:15 pm

I will DEFINITELY remember that for Part 3!  Even tho it was not epxlicitily prohibited, I still want to consider this cheating......

I agree, Jared, it should be considered cheating, but only if expressly prohibited.

But since you didn't prohibit it in your rules for parts 1 and 2, it was not cheating in parts 1 and 2 !

Oh well.... I won't be able to use Google again on your movie quizzes, I guess...

:)

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/28/04 at 3:17 pm

GASP!!!  Cheater-head!

I actually knew "Raising Arizona."  How many of you have seen that?  It's priceless...seriously.  But I couldn't figure out the other part...

Ah come on, Arwen, you should be proud of me, I read the rules VERY CAREFULLY and I took advantage of a loop-hole that the rules did not prohibit...... It's like a "reality" show game, where they play the game while taking full advantage of every angle they can find within the rules-as-stated! ;D

I haven't watched "Raising Arizona", but I've seen it on the shelf at the video store...does that count?  ;)

Written By: Arwen on 09/28/04 at 3:18 pm

This is gonna be a really weird question, but to all who have played, are there any merged movies, from both this and the first quiz, that you might actually enjoy watching?

Uh...yeah.  I think it's pretty obvious that I watch (and enjoy watching) "Lord of the Rings" pretty frequently.

I love "Raising Arizona."

"There's Something About Mary" is an all time classic...

Who doesn't love "Austin Powers?"

Um...it might be easier to list the movies I don't enjoy...I'm a bit of a movie freak...

Written By: Arwen on 09/28/04 at 3:20 pm

Ah come on, Arwen, you should be proud of me, I read the rules VERY CAREFULLY and I took advantage of a loop-hole that the rules did not prohibit...... It's like a "reality" show game, where they play the game while taking full advantage of every angle they can find within the rules-as-stated! ;D

I haven't watched "Raising Arizona", but I've seen it on the shelf at the video store...does that count?  ;)

Yeah, I'm not really mad at you.  But I think I'm going to consider myself the real winner... ;)

And no...it doesn't count.  But you really need to check it out.

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/28/04 at 3:21 pm

If somebody filmed "There's Something About Mary Shelley's Frankenstein" as a Mel Brooks-style farce, I would LOVE to see it!  ;D

Just imagine what they could do with the song "Why Do You Build Me Up, Buttercup?"

Written By: Arwen on 09/28/04 at 3:34 pm

If somebody filmed "There's Something About Mary Shelley's Frankenstein" as a Mel Brooks-style farce, I would LOVE to see it!  ;D

Just imagine what they could do with the song "Why Do You Build Me Up, Buttercup?"

LOL!

Written By: joedeertae on 09/29/04 at 8:29 am

I actually knew "Raising Arizona."  How many of you have seen that?  It's priceless...seriously..

I watch it often, I love that movie... that is another ::) one of my all time favorite movies.

Written By: Arwen on 09/29/04 at 10:55 am

I watch it often, I love that movie... that is another ::) one of my all time favorite movies.

Good call.  I need to get it on DVD...I'm sure the special features would kick ass...

Check for new replies or respond here...