inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Movie Mergers III; Directed by Indy Gent (The End)

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/28/04 at 5:08 pm

Okay, Jared you can relax on the Movie Mergers for now. I'll give the third quiz now. Limit 3, so Johnny and Arwen, please let some of the others guess.

BF 1. An Irish Priest tries to save his dad from a brutal prison run by a powerful Mafia don and his sons. (6 or 7 words) In The Name of The Godfather

MD 2. Sylvester Stallone plays a cop whose mother gets in the way of his work. She is also caught in a bitter divorce because her husband drinks and ignores his four daughters. (8 words) Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot The Moon

KI 3. Sidney Poitier and Bill Cosby play con-artists who scam Brooklyn disco king Tony Manera into dancing at their discoteque. (4 or 5 words) Uptown Saturday Night Fever

BF 4.  A mad scientist conducts an experiment to make himself unseen to the world, only to be recognized by the scientist's only having one of his crimson colored footwear. (7 words) The Invisible Man With One Red Shoe

ARW 5. Burt Reynolds, Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thornton star as robbers on the run from sheriff Jackie Gleason. Confusion ensues when the lovely Cate Blanchett gets in the mix. (4 words) Smokey And The Bandits

KAR 6.  A Tragicomic documentary about a burned-out British rock group that tries to save their military academy from closure by declaring war on the establishment. (4 words) This Is Spinal Taps

JAR 7. Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers play two children who dance around with a upright walking, talking feline, played by Mike Myers. (8 words) Dr. Suess' The Cat In The Top Hat

BF 8. Adam Sandler plays a lonely warehouse worker who meets budding comic Sally Field, who gets help from washed-up funnyman Tom Hanks. (3 or 4 words) Punchline Drunk Love

KI 9. Elvis Presley and Robert Duvall stars as two country singers: one is left at home while his brothers fight the Civil war, the other ignores his family for fame. (4 words) Love Me Tender Mercies

JD 10. Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh, Sean Connery and Candice Bergen stars in this mega-epic about life in a Southern plantation during the Civil War, where a woman is kidnapped and taken to the Sahara Desert. (7 words) Gone With The Wind And The Lion

JAR 12. A little boy and his friends search for a toy rifle close to the Holidays, then he encounters a dominatrix. (5 words) A Christmas Story of O 

Subject: Re: Movie Mergers III; Directed by Indy Gent

Written By: Billy Florio on 09/28/04 at 5:17 pm

Okay, Jared you can relax on the Movie Mergers for now. I'll give the third quiz now. Limit 3, so Johnny and Arwen, please let some of the others guess.

1. An Irish Priest tries to save his dad from a brutal prison run by a powerful Mafia don and his sons. (6 or 7 words)

2. Sylvester Stallone plays a cop whose mother gets in the way of his work. She is also caught in a bitter divorce because her husband drinks and ignores his four daughters. (8 words)

3. Sidney Poitier and Bill Cosby play con-artists who scam an Italian disco king into dancing at their discoteque. (4 words)

4.  A mad scientist conducts an experiment to make himself unseen to the world, only to be recognized by the scientist's only crimson colored footwear. (7 words)

5. Burt Reynolds, Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thornton star as robbers on the run from sheriff Jackie Gleason. Confusion ensues when the lovely Cate Banchett gets in the mix. (4 words)

6.  A Tragicomic documentary about a burned-out British rock group that tries to save their military academy from closure by declaring war on the establishment.

7. Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers play two children who dance around with a upright walking, talking feline, played by Mike Myers. (8 words)

8. Adam Sandler plays a lonely warehouse worker who meets budding comic Sally Field, who gets help from washed-up funnyman Tom Hanks. (3 or 4 words)

9. Elvis Presley and Robert Duvall stars as two country singers: one is left at home while his brothers fight the Civil war, the other ignores his family for fame. (4 words)

10. Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh, Sean Connery and Candice Bergan stars in this mega-epic about life in a Southern plantation during the Civil War, where a woman is kidnapped and taken to the Sahara Desert. (7 words)

12. A little boy and his friends search for a toy rifle close to the Holidays, then he encounters a dominatrix. (5 words) 

1)In the name of the Godfather
4)The invisable man with one red shoe
8)Punchline drunk love

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/28/04 at 5:18 pm

(gripping mouse with white knuckles).....must....resist...urge...to....guess.....must resist....must...resist....

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/28/04 at 5:19 pm

Your spelling is off on #4, but 3 for 3, Billy. :) :) :)

1)In the name of the Godfather
4)The invisable man with one red shoe
8)Punchline drunk love

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/28/04 at 5:24 pm

I will sit this round out.... but....

....heh heh heh....hey folks, I don't see any rule posted up above that says you can't use Google or anything else to help you figure out your answer(s)!

Written By: Arwen on 09/28/04 at 5:26 pm

I will sit this round out.... but....

....heh heh heh....hey folks, I don't see any rule posted up above that says you can't use Google or anything else to help you figure out your answer(s)!

Hee hee on the google bit...

Yeah...I basically know them all...but I, too, will just not play...

Hmph.

It's not like I guess them all at once...I throw a couple down and then let others have a shot...and then if they can't get them...I come back.

Hmph.

(yes, johnny...i'm pouting)

Written By: Jared on 09/28/04 at 5:30 pm

2. It Won't Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot
7. The Cat in the Top Hat (Only six words, but it's the only guess I have) EDIT: Might it be "Dr. Seuss' The Cat In The Top Hat"?
12. A Christmas Story of O

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/28/04 at 5:33 pm

Well, actually I was going for "Dr. Seuss' The Cat In The Top Hat". but I'll take your answer. ;)BTW, #12 is  correct also.  :) #2 is incorrect. :(

2. It Won't Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot
7. The Cat in the Top Hat (Only six words, but it's the only guess I have)
12. A Christmas Story of O

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/28/04 at 5:36 pm

Hmph.

(yes, johnny...i'm pouting)

Hmph.

So am I, Arwen, so am I.  Let's have a group-pout, shall we?  On the count of three... one... two...

THREE!

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/28/04 at 5:39 pm

Okay, okay! Since I forgot to exclude Jared also, I'll let you two guess. But all three are excluded from Part 4, unless one of you does it first, then I would exclude myself.  ;D 

Hmph.

So am I, Arwen, so am I.  Let's have a group-pout, shall we?  On the count of three... one... two...

THREE!

Written By: Jared on 09/28/04 at 5:41 pm

2. Make It Stop or My Mom Will Shoot?

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/28/04 at 5:42 pm

Sorry, that's strike 2 on #2. :(
You're on the right track on the first part.
Think a venerable British actor and a Best actress Oscar winner from the 70s who had a recent comeback.

2. Make It Stop or My Mom Will Shoot?

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/28/04 at 5:44 pm

10. Gone With The Wind And The Lion

I got that with no external or Googalishious help of any kind.

That'll be my only guess for this round, unless things get stuck and you throw it wide-open.

Written By: Jared on 09/28/04 at 5:46 pm

2. "THIS Won't Stop or My Mom Will Shoot"?!

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/28/04 at 5:54 pm

Congratulations, Johnny. :)
10. Gone With The Wind And The Lion

I got that with no external or Googalishious help of any kind.

That'll be my only guess for this round, unless things get stuck and you throw it wide-open.

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/28/04 at 5:57 pm

Sorry, strike 3. But not exactly out.
The other film is two words after the word "shoot".
2. "THIS Won't Stop or My Mom Will Shoot"?!

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/29/04 at 5:47 pm

Looks like this is the time. :-\\

Subject: Re: Movie Mergers III; Directed by Indy Gent (Limit removed)

Written By: maddog on 09/29/04 at 6:07 pm

I think #2 is "Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot The Moon".

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/29/04 at 6:09 pm

Correct, maddog. :)
Sorry, Jared :(

I think #2 is "Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot The Moon".

Written By: Arwen on 09/29/04 at 7:15 pm

5. Burt Reynolds, Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thornton star as robbers on the run from sheriff Jackie Gleason. Confusion ensues when the lovely Cate Blanchett gets in the mix. (4 words)=

"Smokey and The Bandits"

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/29/04 at 7:33 pm

Correct, Arwin! :)

5. Burt Reynolds, Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thornton star as robbers on the run from sheriff Jackie Gleason. Confusion ensues when the lovely Cate Blanchett gets in the mix. (4 words)=

"Smokey and The Bandits"

Written By: Billy Florio on 09/30/04 at 1:54 am

ah! I know one title in each of the others! !!!  but not the second one!!! !!! 

Written By: karen on 09/30/04 at 6:51 am

Is #6 This is Spinal Taps ?

Written By: KimberIndy on 09/30/04 at 8:16 am

3. Uptown Saturday Night Fever

6. This Is Spinal Taps

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/30/04 at 1:02 pm

Correct, Karen! :)

Is #6 This is Spinal Taps ?

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/30/04 at 1:03 pm

Correct on both, KimberIndy! :) :)
Unfortunately, Karen beat you to 6. :(

3. Uptown Saturday Night Fever

6. This Is Spinal Taps

Subject: Re: Movie Mergers III; Directed by Indy Gent (Just one left, with hint)

Written By: KimberIndy on 10/03/04 at 10:32 pm

9.  Love Me Tender Mercies

Subject: Re: Movie Mergers III; Directed by Indy Gent (Just one left, with hint)

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/03/04 at 11:34 pm

Correct again, KimberIndy. :)

9.  Love Me Tender Mercies

Check for new replies or respond here...