inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ipod Music Quiz

Written By: Mike Florio on 12/31/04 at 12:54 am

Hey everybody, I got a new idea for a lyric quiz: I set my Ipod on "Shuffle play" and have taken lyrics from the first 31 songs that it will play to make a music quiz: good luck...limit 4 5

1.  I read the grafitti in the bathroom stall like the hall inscribtions of the shopping mall
Ggtesco "Jesus of Suberbia"-Green Day
2.  I feel like a quote out of context, with holding the rest, so I could be free with you on the scene
3.  He might be a father, but he sure aint a dad
Billy "Androgynous"-the Replacements
4.  People worry, what are they worrying 'bout today?
Ggtesco "Confessions"-Violent Femmes
5.  he took a lover on a far away beach, while you arranged flowers and choose color schemes, can you tell me why you have been so sad?
Billy "Death of an Interior Decorator"-Death Cab for Cutie
6.  You missed when Time and life shook hands and said goodbye, when the earth folded in on itself
7.  I dont wish to destroy your tank top
8.  I made a point to burn all of the photographs, she went away and then I took a different path
9.  Im waxing down so that Ill go really fast, Im waxing down because its really a blast
Ggtesco "Surf Wax America"-Weezer
10. Find a job in the paper, he needs someone for a savior
11. Beautiful girl, love the dress, highschool smiles, oh yes!
Indy "Gone Daddy Gone"-Violent Femmes
12. I didnt know she had the GI Joe Kung Fu Grip
Ggtesco "Caress me down"-Sublime
13. So you play your albums and you smoke your pot, and you meet your girlfirend in the parking lot
Billy "Captain Jack"-Billy Joel
14. When I woke up today, it turned out my friend was gone, she had withered all away
15. she shattered her last china plate and spun off in the car
16. But my inlaws, oh baby, my inlaws, well theyre trying to tie a young man down
17. they'll hurt me bad, but I dont mind, they'll hurt me bad, but they do it all the time
18. the man in the park read the lines in my head, he told me Im strong and hardly ever wrong, I said, man you need help
19. at ten I shaved my head and tried to be a munk
20. When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come? with your hands on your head, or on the trigger of your gun?
Ggtesco "Guns of Brixton"-The Clash
21. I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul
Indy "Creep"-Radiohead
22. We live in a wheel, where everyone steels, and then when we rise its just like Strawberry fields
Billy "Glycerine"-Bush
23. I dont know why, but I had to start it somewhere, so I started there
Maddog "Common People"-Pulp
24. did he leave your pretty fingers lying in the wedding cake?
25. Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding
Indy "Flagpole Sitta"-Harvey Danger
26. Set your sights, get off this party line
27. vague sketch of a fantasy, laughing at a sunrise like hes been up all night
28. Ring out the bells again, like we did when Spring began
29. I keep thinking that Im over you, but its only missing you inside
30. I fell in with a Merchant Marine who promised to take me home, but when I woke up all beaten and bloody, I couldnt tell if it was Jersey or Siera Leone
Billy "The Ballad of Sin Eater"-Ted Leo and the Pharmisists
31. Still theres no blame, for how our love did slowly fade, but now that its gone, its like it wasnt here at all (my favorite song)

Subject: Re: Ipod Music Quiz

Written By: Billy Florio on 12/31/04 at 1:21 am

Hey everybody, I got a new idea for a lyric quiz: I set my Ipod on "Shuffle play" and have taken lyrics from the first 31 songs that it will play to make a music quiz: good luck...limit 4

1.  I read the grafitti in the bathroom stall like the hall inscribtions of the shopping mall
2.  I feel like a quote out of context, with holding the rest, so I could be free with you on the scene
3.  He might be a father, but he sure aint a dad
4.  People worry, what are they worrying 'bout today?
5.  he took a lover on a far away beach, while you arranged flowers and choose color schemes, can you tell me why you have been so sad?
6.  You missed when Time and life shook hands and said goodbye, when the earth folded in on itself
7.  I dont wish to destroy your tank top
8.  I made a point to burn all of the photographs, she went away and then I took a different path
9.  Im waxing down so that Ill go really fast, Im waxing down because its really a blast
10. Find a job in the paper, he needs someone for a savior
11. Beautiful girl, love the dress, highschool smiles, oh yes!
12. I didnt know she had the GI Joe Kung Fu Grip
13. So you play your albums and you smoke your pot, and you meet your girlfirend in the parking lot
14. When I woke up today, it turned out my friend was gone, she had withered all away
15. she shattered her last china plate and spun off in the car
16. But my inlaws, oh baby, my inlaws, well theyre trying to tie a young man down
17. they'll hurt me bad, but I dont mind, they'll hurt me bad, but they do it all the time
18. the man in the park read the lines in my head, he told me Im strong and hardly ever wrong, I said, man you need help
19. at ten I shaved my head and tried to be a munk
20. When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come? with your hands on your head, or on the trigger of your gun?
21. I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul
22. We live in a wheel, where everyone steels, and then when we rise its just like Strawberry fields
23. I dont know why, but I had to start it somewhere, so I started there
24. did he leave your pretty fingers lying in the wedding cake?
25. Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding
26. Set your sights, get off this party line
27. vague sketch of a fantasy, laughing at a sunrise like hes been up all night
28. Ring out the bells again, like we did when Spring began
29. I keep thinking that Im over you, but its only missing you inside
30. I fell in with a Merchant Marine who promised to take me home, but when I woke up all beaten and bloody, I couldnt tell if it was Jersey or Siera Leone
31. Still theres no blame, for how our love did slowly fade, but now that its gone, its like it wasnt here at all (my favorite song)

3)Androgynous-Replacements
5)Death of an interior decorator-Death Cab for Cutie
13)Captain Jack-Billy Joel
22)Glycerine-Bush

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/31/04 at 11:21 am

11. Gone Daddy Gone-Violent Femmes
21. Creep-Radiohead
25. Flagpole Sitta-Harvey Danger

Written By: maddog on 01/02/05 at 2:27 pm

Hi Mikey

#23 is Common People - Pulp - No.1 here in the UK when my eldest daughter was born, I remember it well.

Written By: Billy Florio on 01/02/05 at 2:43 pm

30)Ballad of sin eater-Ted Leo and the Rx

Written By: ggtesco on 01/02/05 at 8:48 pm

1. Green Day-- "Jesus of Suburbia"
4. Violent Femmer--  "Confessions"
9. Weezer-- Surf Wax America
12. Sublime-- Caress Me Down
20. The Clash-- Guns of Brixton

Written By: ggtesco on 01/02/05 at 9:03 pm

did i say "Violent Femmer"  :-[ 

Written By: Taoist on 01/04/05 at 5:53 am

Hi Mikey

20. is "Guns of Brixton" by The Clash

Tao

modified: Beaten to it :(

Check for new replies or respond here...