inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Alternative/Metal 90s Lyrics Trivia Quiz-Done Finally!!!

Written By: Red Ant on 04/15/05 at 2:03 am

Here are some alternative/metal lyrics. List the song and performer. Most of this is from the early 90s. Note: Some of these may be slightly off, but will be obvious to alt/metal fans. Hints are in blue under the songs not yet identified.
1. Have a hangover
Best known grunge band

Dumb by Nirvana ( Step-Chan )

2. Scary's on the wall
First line off of this bands debut CD

We Die Young by Alice in Chains ( Kenlos )

3. Call my name through the cream
A one word name band, the song has a 3 word title
Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden ( ladybug316 )

4. Never start no static I get it off my chest
Sublime-What I got ( Nally )

5. Help me think I'm somebody else
Closer-Nine Inch Nails ( Indy Gent )

6. Loneliness it shadows me
First 4 words of this song also track 4 on the original CD

" Am I Inside" by Alice in Chains ( Kenlos )

7. Like the echoes of your childhood laughter
The Real Thing, Faith No More ( 1989 release answer provided by me )

8. Down you go now, suffer long
Song name has 3 letters

Sin by Stone Temple Pilots ( powerslave )
9. Liars anagram is lairs
Song is metal and has 3 words

Countdown to Extinction by Megadeth ( Step-Chan )

10. When the teacher put the ruler down
A spin off band from one of the other bands in here
I Don't Know Anything by Mad Season ( Indy Gent )- Layne Staley of Alice in Chains was in this band

Subject: Re: Alternative/Metal 90s Lyrics Trivia Quiz ( short )

Written By: Red Ant on 04/15/05 at 5:18 am

Here are some alternative/metal lyrics. List the song and performer. Most of this is from the early 90s. Please vote a maximum 2 songs. Note: Some of these may be slightly off, but will be obvious to alt/metal fans.

1. Have a hangover
2. Scary's on the wall

Since I screwed up number 7 decade wise, I shall give the answer : The Song is " The Real Thing " off of Faith No More's album titled " The Real Thing ". The other 9 are up to you.

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/15/05 at 8:53 am

5. Closer-Nine Inch Nails

Written By: nally on 04/15/05 at 11:33 am

#4 is "What I Got" by Sublime.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/15/05 at 11:46 am

#4 is "What I Got" by Sublime. 5. Closer-Nine Inch Nails

Correct.

Subject: Re: Alternative/Metal 90s Lyrics Trivia Quiz-7 left! ( hints provided )

Written By: Step-chan on 04/16/05 at 2:10 pm

Here are some alternative/metal lyrics. List the song and performer. Most of this is from the early 90s. Please vote a maximum 2 songs. Note: Some of these may be slightly off, but will be obvious to alt/metal fans. Hints are in blue under the songs not yet identified.

1. Have a hangover
Best known grunge band

2. Scary's on the wall
First line off of this bands debut CD

A one word name band, the song has a 3 word title
Sublime-What I got ( Nally )

Closer-Nine Inch Nails ( Indy Gent )

First 4 words of this song also track 4 on the original CD

The Real Thing, Faith No More

Song name has 3 letters

Song is metal and has 3 words

A spin off band from one of the other bands in here

1."Dumb" by Nirvana.
9."Countdown to Extinction" by Megadeth

Subject: Re: Alternative/Metal 90s Lyrics Trivia Quiz-7 left! ( hints provided )

Written By: Kenlos on 04/16/05 at 3:44 pm

2.) "We Die Young" by Alice In Chains

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 4:32 pm

1."Dumb" by Nirvana.
9."Countdown to Extinction" by Megadeth

Correctamundo!

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 4:33 pm

2.) "We Die Young" by Alice In Chains

Yeah!!

Subject: Re: Alternative/Metal 90s Lyrics Trivia Quiz-4 left!(giving them away now )

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/19/05 at 9:48 am

#3 is Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden.  I love this band and usually Cornell's lyrics, but that line is just stupid (IMO).

Subject: Re: Alternative/Metal 90s Lyrics Trivia Quiz-4 left!(giving them away now )

Written By: Red Ant on 04/19/05 at 1:47 pm

#3 is Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden.  I love this band and usually Cornell's lyrics, but that line is just stupid (IMO).

Correct. I agree, but would rather hear this line than anything from say " Spoonman " :)

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/19/05 at 1:50 pm

Correct. I agree, but would rather hear this line than anything from say " Spoonman " :)
"I'm together with your plan"  ;)

Written By: Red Ant on 04/19/05 at 6:08 pm

"I'm together with your plan"  ;)

" Save me". This is possibly the worst Soungarden song that got regular airplay.

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/21/05 at 7:30 am

" Save me". This is possibly the worst Soungarden song that got regular airplay.
I agree.  I'd recommend "Slaves and Bulldozers" to anyone who'd like to hear some great Soundgarden.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/21/05 at 11:03 am

I agree.  I'd recommend "Slaves and Bulldozers" to anyone who'd like to hear some great Soundgarden.

I like the VOCALS on that tune, but not the LYRICS that much.

Well, as a single song recommendation from Soundgarden I'd have to go with " Outshined " or " Burden In My Hand ". Even " Sunshower " for Chris Cornell's softer side. :)

You got me on that one, I didn't recognize that Soundgarden song untill I listened to it ( right after " Outshined " on Badmotorfinger ).

Sometimes a single note or word will stick in my head on a song. In " Outshined " when Chris Cornell hits that line " Still I feel I'm sinking " the way he carries the word " sinking " is awesome. Also the trademark grunge/alternative vocal inflections, carrying /stretching syllables and ooh's, yeahs, and mmmm's make this song my personal favorite.

Must say as an album I like "Down On The Upside" better than the others ( I even like " Ty Cobb " ( Hot Rod Death Toll ) ). :)

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/21/05 at 12:07 pm

I like the VOCALS on that tune, but not the LYRICS that much.

Well, as a single song recommendation from Soundgarden I'd have to go with " Outshined " or " Burden In My Hand ". Even " Sunshower " for Chris Cornell's softer side. :)

You got me on that one, I didn't recognize that Soundgarden song untill I listened to it ( right after " Outshined " on Badmotorfinger ).

Sometimes a single note or word will stick in my head on a song. In " Outshined " when Chris Cornell hits that line " Still I feel I'm sinking " the way he carries the word " sinking " is awesome. Also the trademark grunge/alternative vocal inflections, carrying /stretching syllables and ooh's, yeahs, and mmmm's make this song my personal favorite.

Must say as an album I like "Down On The Upside" better than the others ( I even like " Ty Cobb " ( Hot Rod Death Toll ) ). :)
Now, I LOVE the lyrics of Slaves & Bulldozers.  "Full On Kevin's Mom" from Louder than Love are some silly lyrics, but I still like it.

Subject: Re: Alternative/Metal 90s Lyrics Trivia Quiz-3 left!(Google if you have to!!! )

Written By: Kenlos on 04/21/05 at 12:08 pm

Fine, I did not answer this one before because I figured I would let other people get it since there were not many lyrics on this quiz.  But it seems no one wants it.

6.) "Am I Inside" by Alice In Chains (atleast I believe that was the name of the song)

I am listening to Song 5 on your list there right now.

Subject: Re: Alternative/Metal 90s Lyrics Trivia Quiz-3 left!(Google if you have to!!! )

Written By: Red Ant on 04/21/05 at 1:29 pm

Fine, I did not answer this one before because I figured I would let other people get it since there were not many lyrics on this quiz.  But it seems no one wants it.

6.) "Am I Inside" by Alice In Chains (atleast I believe that was the name of the song)

I am listening to Song 5 on your list there right now.

Correct.

Subject: Re: Alternative/Metal 90s Lyrics Trivia Quiz-2 left!(Google if you have to!!! )

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/21/05 at 2:05 pm

10. I Don't Know Anything-Mad Season (an offshoot band of Layne Stanley and Alice In Chains)

Subject: Re: Alternative/Metal 90s Lyrics Trivia Quiz-2 left!(Google if you have to!!! )

Written By: Red Ant on 04/21/05 at 6:43 pm

10. I Don't Know Anything-Mad Season (an offshoot band of Layne Stanley and Alice In Chains)

Correct*. I figured this would be the hardest of all the questions.* The only AIC member  in this band was Layne Staley and this was Mad Season's only CD.

Subject: Re: Alternative/Metal 90s Lyrics Trivia Quiz-1 left!( Limit removed!! )

Written By: Powerslave on 04/24/05 at 8:29 am

8. is "Sin" by Stone Temple Pilots.

Subject: Re: Alternative/Metal 90s Lyrics Trivia Quiz-1 left!( Limit removed!! )

Written By: Red Ant on 04/24/05 at 3:46 pm

8. is "Sin" by Stone Temple Pilots.

Finally! The quiz is over.

Check for new replies or respond here...