inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Luke's Easy Peasy Lyrics Quiz! (DONE)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/01/05 at 12:50 am

This is my first quiz, basically just to get the hang of doing quizzes. This one is very easy, and should be all solved within an hour.  :D

1. You may say Im a dreamer John Lennon - Imagine ((Jaytee))

2. Don't you know that you can count me out Revolution - Beatles ((maddog))

3. On the streets where once was pity Mr Blue Sky - ELO ((Paul))

4. War, children, it's just a shot away Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones ((maddog))

5. And a new day will dawn for those who stand long Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven ((Jaytee))

6. Getting lost in her lovin’ is your first mistake Sundown - Gordon Lightfoot ((FussBudget))

7. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here ((Jaytee))

8. That this is the law of all the land, all the land Black & White - 3 Dog Night ((Paul))

All done in less than 6 hours!  :D 8) and as stated before:

I promise the next one will be much harder. This is just a teaser...  ;)

Subject: Re: Luke's Easy Peasy Lyrics Quiz!

Written By: jaytee on 08/01/05 at 12:52 am

Hello and welcome to the world of quizzes  :)

#1  Imagine -  John Lennon
#5  Stairway To Heaven - Led Zep
#7  Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Written By: maddog on 08/01/05 at 3:24 am

Hi GRS

#2 is Revolution by The Beatles
#4 is Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones

BTW, the lyric #7 reminds me of the time a schoolfriend of mine submitted the entire lyric to this song as an assignment for his O-level English
(I think that's 11th Grade?), trying to pass it off as his own work. Our English teacher was very impressed and read it out to us in all seriousness
as an exemplary piece of poetry. We were all creased up with laughter and he couldn't understand what we were laughing at  ;D.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/01/05 at 4:08 am

Hi GRS

From one Luke to another :  :)

# 6  Sundown - Gordon Lightfoot

Just a hint from an old-timer lyrics quiz maker (semi-retired  ;)) : It's a good idea to put a limit to how may a person may answer, as there are some out there who will do them all if you don't  :o :o :o

;) ;)

Written By: Taoist on 08/01/05 at 4:45 am

Hi Luke

#4 is "Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones

Tao

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/01/05 at 4:58 am

Hi GRS

From one Luke to another :  :)

# 6  Sundown - Gordon Lightfoot

Just a hint from an old-timer lyrics quiz maker (semi-retired  ;)) : It's a good idea to put a limit to how may a person may answer, as there are some out there who will do them all if you don't  :o :o :o

;) ;)
Will do. This one was just a small quiz to start off, so I wasn't too worried about limits.  ;)

Written By: Paul on 08/01/05 at 6:23 am

Short 'n' sweet, but none the worse for that...

#3. 'Mr Blue Sky' (which it patently isn't over here!) - ELO

#8. 'Black And White' - plenty, plenty people (including me slaughtering it at school many years ago!), but I think it's commonly associated with Three Dog Night these days...

Check for new replies or respond here...