inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ND's Lyrics Quiz (US #1 Songs) ALL SONGS ANSWERED!

Written By: nondiva234 on 08/02/05 at 6:28 pm

I've started a really easy lyrics quiz, it'll probably be finished quickly. All songs reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, and are listed choronologically from '75-'05. Since it's probably easy, there's a limit of 5 songs per player. Like other quizzes here, please don't cheat, even though it's easy. Here we go:

1. I’ve waiting for such a long time for me to hear from that boy of mine - "Please Mr. Postman" - Carpenters Paul

2. When I was down I was your clown - Don't Go Breaking My Heart-Elton John and Kiki Dee - Indy

3. Then you come to me on a summer breeze - How Deep Is Your Love-Bee Gees - Indy

4. You put me high upon a pedestal - You Needed Me - Anne Murray whitewolf

5. In between what I find is pleasing and I’m feeling fine - Heart of Glass - Blondie - kairi

6. There goes my baby, she knows how to rock and roll - Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen - kairi

7. You know I know all about those men - "Keep On Loving You" Reo Speedwagon - nally

8. You’re so fine you blow my mind - Mickey-Toni Basil  - Indy

9. Since you’ve gone I’ve been lost without a trace - Every Breath You Take - The Police (Sting) - whitewolf

10. No wedding Saturdays within the month of June - I Just Called To Say I Love You-Stevie Wonder Indy

11. I want my MTV - "Money For Nothing" Dire Straits (easy one) - nally

12. People need someone to look up to - Greatest Love of All - Whitney Houston - whitewolf

13. Yo no soy marinero, soy capitán - La Bamba - Los Lobos - maddog

14. The memories of our loving still linger in the air - Could've Been - Tiffany - whitewolf

15. How about some information, please? - Straight Up - Paula Abdul - kairi

16. Lay a whisper on my pillow - It Must Have Been Love - Roxette jaytee

17. There’s nowhere unless you’re there - "Everything I Do, I Do It For You" Bryan Adams - nally

18. Just when I thought my chance had passed - Save The Best For Last - Vanessa Williams - holicman

19. Then you cast your fears aside and you know you can survive - Hero - Mariah Carey - kairi

20. I see the questions in your eyes - I Swear - All-4-One - whitewolf

21. To me you’re like a growing addiction I can’t deny -"Kiss From A Rose" Seal - nally

22. Y en la jura de bandera el muchacho, se la dio con dos amigos - "Macarena" Los Del Rio - nally

23. So tell me what you want, what you really, really want - "Wannabe" by Spice Girls - nally

24. Love can touch us one time and last for a lifetime - My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion (or any one of my daughters on the karaoke machine, about 24 times in the last week - aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh!) - maddog

25. She’s in to superstition, black cats and the voodoo dolls - Livin' La Vida Loca-Ricky Martin  - Indy

26. There’s just no rhyme or reason, only this sense of completion - I Knew I Loved You - Savage Garden - Gis

27. Baby, can you handle this? - Bootylicious - Destiny's Child - maddog

28. So tell me that you don’t think I’m crazy - "A Moment Like This" - Kelly ClarksonSassy

29. Tennis shoes don’t even need to buy a new dress - Crazy In Love - Beyonce - EthanM

30. I can see it in the stars across the sky - "I Believe" - Fantasia whitewolf

31. No principals, no student-teachers - Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani - kairi

Current Leaders: nally - 6, whitewolf - 6, Indy - 5, kairi - 5, , maddog - 3, Paul - 1, holicman - 1, jaytee - 1, Gis - 1, EthanM - 1, Sassy - 1

Subject: Re: ND's Easy Lyrics Quiz (US #1 Songs from '75-'05)

Written By: nally on 08/02/05 at 6:32 pm

#7: "Keep On Loving You" REO Speedwagon.
#11: "Money For Nothing" Dire Straits (easy one).
#17: "Everything I Do, I Do It For You" Bryan Adams.
#21: "Kiss From A Rose" Seal.
#23: "Wannabe" by Spice Girls.

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/02/05 at 6:48 pm

2. Don't Go Breaking My Heart-Elton John and Kiki Dee
3. How Deep Is Your Love-Bee Gees
8. Mickey-Toni Basil
10. I Just Called To Say I Love You-Stevie Wonder
25. Livin' La Vida Loca-Ricky Martin

Written By: jaytee on 08/02/05 at 7:24 pm

Hello !

#16  It Must Have Been Love - Roxette

Good quiz  :)

Written By: whitewolf on 08/02/05 at 9:15 pm

4. You needed Me- Anne Murray
9. Every step you take-Sting
12. Greatest Love of all-Whitney Huston
14. Could Have been-Tiffany
20. I Swear-All 4 One

Written By: kairi747 on 08/03/05 at 1:13 am

#5 Heart of Glass - Blondie
#6 Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
#15 Straight Up - Paula Abdul
#19 Hero - Mariah Carey
#31 Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani

Written By: nondiva234 on 08/03/05 at 2:03 am

9. Every step you take-Sting
12. Greatest Love of all-Whitney Huston
14. Could Have been-Tiffany

I took your #12 and #14 entries (it's actually Could've Been, and Houston); I don't mind misspellings.  ;) Unfortunately, whitewolf, I can't take #9, since it's a different title, and even though Sting technically sings this song, I'm looking for the group that he sang it with. I'll keep it reserved for ya, since I think you know it. :)

Subject: Re: ND's Easy Lyrics Quiz (US #1 Songs) 11 SONGS LEFT! HURRY AND GET 'EM!

Written By: maddog on 08/03/05 at 3:44 am

Hi ND!

#13 is La Bamba by Los Lobos (or was it Richie Valens originally?)
#24 is My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion (or any one of my daughters on the karaoke machine, about 24 times in the last week - aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh!)
#27 Bootylicious - Destiny's Child

Subject: Re: ND's Easy Lyrics Quiz (US #1 Songs) 11 SONGS LEFT! HURRY AND GET 'EM!

Written By: Paul on 08/03/05 at 6:41 am

#24 is My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion (or any one of my daughters on the karaoke machine, about 24 times in the last week - aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh!)

You have my utmost sympathy, Graham...!

Hi nondiva...only one from me, as everything else is gorn and I daren't venture past 1990...!

#1. 'Please Mr Postman' - Carpenters (if the quiz goes from '75...)

Written By: whitewolf on 08/03/05 at 9:30 am

I took your #12 and #14 entries (it's actually Could've Been, and Houston); I don't mind misspellings.  ;) Unfortunately, whitewolf, I can't take #9, since it's a different title, and even though Sting technically sings this song, I'm looking for the group that he sang it with. I'll keep it reserved for ya, since I think you know it. :)

Thanks for saving it.

9. Every Breath YouTake-The Police (Sting)

Written By: holicman on 08/03/05 at 10:10 am

no.18 is Vanessa Williams - save the best for last.

Written By: nondiva234 on 08/03/05 at 12:01 pm

Hi ND!

#13 is La Bamba by Los Lobos (or was it Richie Valens originally?)

Yes, Richie Valens originally sang it, but I'm looking for the '87 version, so Los Lobos is right.  :)

Subject: Re: ND's Easy Lyrics Quiz (US #1 Songs) 5 SONGS LEFT! NOW WITH CLUES!

Written By: nondiva234 on 08/03/05 at 4:22 pm

I'm adding clues just to speed things up. They are one-word clues, so if you are a Password fanatic, I'm sure you'll get them.

Written By: Gis on 08/05/05 at 8:05 am

26. Is Savage Garden - I knew I loved you before I met you.

Written By: EthanM on 08/05/05 at 9:12 am

29 - crazy in love by Beyonce

Subject: ND's Lyrics Quiz (US #1 Songs) 3 SONGS LEFT! NOW WITH CLUES! NO MORE LIMIT!

Written By: nondiva234 on 08/08/05 at 2:18 pm

Okay, since no one knows the last three songs, I'll remove the five song limit. So anyone who has reached the 5 song limit can add to their score.

Subject: Re: ND's Lyrics Quiz (US #1 Songs) 3 SONGS LEFT! NOW WITH CLUES! NO MORE LIMIT!

Written By: nally on 08/08/05 at 2:27 pm

Is #22 Macarena, by Los Del Rio?

Subject: Re: ND's Lyrics Quiz (US #1 Songs) 3 SONGS LEFT! NOW WITH CLUES! NO MORE LIMIT!

Written By: nondiva234 on 08/08/05 at 6:23 pm

It sure is.

Subject: Re: ND's Lyrics Quiz (US #1 Songs) 2 SONGS LEFT! NOW WITH CLUES! NO MORE LIMIT!

Written By: nondiva234 on 08/11/05 at 1:21 am

Does anybody know the last two songs? I'll make the clues easier...

Subject: Re: ND's Lyrics Quiz (US #1 Songs) 2 SONGS LEFT! NOW WITH CLUES! NO MORE LIMIT!

Written By: Sassy on 08/11/05 at 3:19 am

28 is "A Moment Like This" by Kelly Clarkson

Written By: whitewolf on 08/11/05 at 8:29 am

30. I Believe-was sung by Fantasia on American Idol?

Written By: nondiva234 on 08/13/05 at 6:06 pm

You both got it right. This quiz is finished! Congrats to Jeff and WW for a job well done!

Check for new replies or respond here...