inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Random Lyrics Quiz - still 20 left! (NO LIMIT!!) [WITH ADDED CLUES!!]

Written By: Criz on 09/02/05 at 11:24 am

Hey everybody - I'm back! Did you all miss my Random Lyrics Quizes :D Some old things apply, limit is 3 per person so far!

You know the drill, some lyrics may be slightly wrong as I'm just hearing them off my random playlist!

This is a whole bunch of stuff mostly 80s to the present day, all the stuff that I'm listening to at the moment,so have fun!

CLUES HAVE NOW BEEN ADDED, SOME ARE A LITTLE CRYPTIC!!

1) And I don't think I have ever seen a soul so in despair... Indy Gent, Del Amitri - Roll To Me

2) You give me miles and miles of mountains and I ask for the sea...This is off the album 'O'

3) A girl like me, are you kidding? Well I tell him that I'd rather die...  This song is from the 'Flashdance' soundtrack and was recently sampled by Deepdish

4) I wanna travel through time, see your surprise and hold you so tight...She used to be 'torn'

5) Fate, up against your will, through the thick and thin...Indy Gent, Echo and the Bunnymen - The Killing Moon

6) So do your best to run away but take a breath and you will pay... This song hasn't been released yet (well in England anyway!) and features on a car advert

7) It's so easy to fly through the window...Think Fast Times...

8) I can breathe for the first time... Indy Gent, Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone

9) It took a lifespan with no cellmate... GRS, Interpol - Evil

10) Got in the house like a pigeon from hell...Maddog, Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang

11) Something's new but nothing's changed, familiar feelings just the same...The view is very long...

12) Two shots of fantasy and one of make-believe...A mod band from the 80s that didn't really do all that well!

13) I know some things that you don't, you wanna hear some? Is she really going out with him?

14) Waiting to change, but she's cold inside, she wants to be like the water...Nominated for this years Mercury music prize

15) I lost my faith in the Summertime, cause it don't stap raining... Midnight at the...??

16) So if you catch me trying to find my way into your heart from under your skin... nally Fiona Apple - Fast As You Can

17) Twenty two nights, just trying to erase every word that you said...22 to 20?

18) Blood dries up like rain, fills my cup... GRS, Crowded House - Four Seasons In One Day

19) People are fragile things you should know by now, be careful what you put them through...Not Berlin, not Dusseldorf, not Hamburg, not Frankfurt but...???

20) I am rotten to my core if that's to be believed...They were once Beautiful 'Trash'

21) And I'll be happy for you, if you can be happy for me... Dominic, the Spudboy Gwen Stefani - Cool

22) Where I come from, I just don't come from, get me out of here...From West London, and they're hard to beat.

23) Kiss me out of desire babe, and not consolation..Powerslave Jeff Buckly - The Last Goodbye

24) Don't tell me you're afraid of the past, it's only the future that didn't last...They're 'wild' but theyre also 'idle'

25) I must confess, I'd like to be caught stealing...Newcastle boys, but they haven't 'Gone Missing' Grs and Dominc The Spudboy Futureheads - Meantime

26) Five in the morning, looked into your eyes and I was really love... whitewolf, PJ Harvey - Good Fortune

27) Don't think we're not serious, when's it ever not? All ??? and no play makes Jack a Dull boy...

28) The room is on fire while she's fixing her hair... Not an amphibian

29) I'm not in love with you, but I wont hold that against you...A posh world to next to/adjacent/side by side

30) They look to the skies for some kind of divine intervention... Heathcliff the Cat Tears For Fears- Sowing The Seeds of Love

31) Who made up all the rules? We follow them like fools... Who are ??? where are ??? nally Jem -  They

32) It's just a fashion that we follow that we should be forgetting...Grs and Dominc The Spudboy Futureheads - Meantime

33) The man said you've gone and spent the money he ever so kindly lent...Band are named after a song by Morrissey, song title is like the beach...

34) I need direction to perfection... jaytee, Killers - All These Things I've Done

35) I am a weekday on weekends, I hate my best friends...Would a change do you good?

That's your lot for now... :)

Subject: Re: Random Lyrics Quiz

Written By: Heathcliff on 09/02/05 at 1:30 pm

30) They look to the skies for some kind of divine intervention...
- That's Sowing the Seeds of Love by Tears for Fears.

Um, and that's all I can get.  Some are kinda familiar but I'll be damned if I know what they are.

Subject: Re: Random Lyrics Quiz (Still loads left!!)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/02/05 at 5:50 pm

:)

18. Four Seasons In One Day - Crowded House
9. Interpol - Evil

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/02/05 at 6:15 pm

1. Roll To Me-Del Amitri
5. The Killing Moon-Echo and the Bunnymen
8. Since U Been Gone-Kelly Clarkson

Written By: maddog on 09/03/05 at 8:18 am

Hi Criz

#10 Back On the Chain Gang - The Pretenders (I'm sure I just gave the same answer on another quiz recently!)

Written By: jaytee on 09/03/05 at 9:28 am

Hello Criz

#34  All These Things I've Done - The Killers  8)

Written By: whitewolf on 09/03/05 at 9:59 am

26.Good Fortune- PJ Harvey

Written By: Powerslave on 09/03/05 at 11:00 pm

23. is "The Last Goodbye" by Jeff Buckley.

:\'(

Written By: nally on 09/04/05 at 11:06 am

Gosh, how did I miss all these? Well I do know at least one left...

16. "Fast As You Can" Fiona Apple

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/04/05 at 11:08 am

Hi Criz

#10 Back On the Chain Gang - The Pretenders (I'm sure I just gave the same answer on another quiz recently!)

You did - on my CryptiQuiz  ;)

Subject: Re: Random Lyrics Quiz (NO LIMIT!!)

Written By: jaytee on 09/05/05 at 4:18 pm

3. Flash Dance - Irene Cara

Written By: Criz on 09/05/05 at 4:25 pm

3. Flash Dance - Irene Cara

Nope, but your close-the song is off the Flashdance soundtrack.

Written By: jaytee on 09/05/05 at 4:58 pm

Nope, but your close-the song is off the Flashdance soundtrack.

Hi Criz

My 16 year old daughter answered this one ... she thought it was Flashdance by Deep Dish ???  She's gone off to school now so I'll have to wait til 4 o'clock.  I suppose I could ring her :D

Written By: Criz on 09/06/05 at 10:44 am

Hi Criz

My 16 year old daughter answered this one ... she thought it was Flashdance by Deep Dish ???  She's gone off to school now so I'll have to wait til 4 o'clock.  I suppose I could ring her :D

She's actually semi-right. Flashdance by Deepdish is the cover/sample - the original is off the Flashdance soundtrack! I guess that's why Deepdish called it 'Flashdance'.

Subject: Re: Random Lyrics Quiz (NO LIMIT!!) [WITH ADDED CLUES!!]

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/06/05 at 12:30 pm

Let me try this...from your clues I gather the following:

The artist for #4 has to be Natalie Imbruglia. Lyrics lead me to believe that it could be Wishing I Was There. ???

The artist for #13 is Joe Jackson (don't know what song, though)
The artist for #15 is Oasis (another blank on the song)

Let's hope I got some of them right... :-\\

Modified to remove some really stupid answers( :- Idlewild, but it's by a Dutch band called Here's Johnny. You can't possibly be referring to that, can you...? :-\\

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/06/05 at 7:52 pm

33 is by The Futureheads, unsure of the song title.  :-\\

Written By: Criz on 09/07/05 at 10:00 am

The artist for #4 has to be Natalie Imbruglia. Lyrics lead me to believe that it could be Wishing I Was There. ???

Modified to remove some really stupid answers( :- Idlewild, but it's by a Dutch band called Here's Johnny. You can't possibly be referring to that, can you...? :-\\

Your're right on the artists...but wrong on the 'Idlewild' as being the song title, although you're one step closer - is that makes sense!!  So nope, not a fan of the Dutch band!!

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/07/05 at 5:43 pm

32) It's just a fashion that we follow that we should be forgetting...

Meantime by The Futureheads

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/07/05 at 5:44 pm

21) And I'll be happy for you, if you can be happy for me...

Cool-Gwen Stefani

Subject: Re: Random Lyrics Quiz - still 20 left! (NO LIMIT!!) [WITH ADDED CLUES!!]

Written By: nally on 09/23/19 at 5:20 pm

I know this is very old thread, and there are still some unanswered items on here, so I thought I'd try to answer one. And a lot of these are lines that I don't hardly know at all. But there is one that jumps out at me..

31 - "They" by Jem.

No clue on the others, although some of the "hints" that you give are for the performer names...

Subject: Re: Random Lyrics Quiz - still 20 left! (NO LIMIT!!) [WITH ADDED CLUES!!]

Written By: nally on 09/26/19 at 2:45 pm

Thanks for updating with my answer. I am still stumped on the remaining ones, although I could probably figure out the bands/artists for some of them (just not the song).

Written By: Criz on 09/26/19 at 3:00 pm

Shall I reveal the answers if we don;t get any more takers in a week or so? Then we can finish it and archive it - I mean, it's been a whole 14 years :) :)

Written By: nally on 09/26/19 at 6:34 pm

Shall I reveal the answers if we don;t get any more takers in a week or so? Then we can finish it and archive it - I mean, it's been a whole 14 years :) :)

Good idea!

Newcomers are also welcome to look at these.

Written By: nally on 10/06/19 at 9:12 pm

It's been over a week now... and still no further response. :-\\ Might as well reveal the unanswered items.

Written By: Henk on 10/15/19 at 4:46 pm

Funny to see me as a guest back in 2005.... I'd nearly forgotten about deleting my account - only to return the next day (under my real name)! ;D ::)

So I had another try, and concluded that #13 is It's Different For Girls - Joe Jackson.

I know the title for #3 - He's A Dream, but I have no clue on the artist. And googling would be cheating. :(

All of the others... I really am stumped.

Written By: Criz on 10/17/19 at 12:01 pm

Here are the  final missing answers:

2) You give me miles and miles of mountains and I ask for the sea... Damien Rice - Volcano

3) A girl like me, are you kidding? Well I tell him that I'd rather die...  Shandi - He's a Dream

4) I wanna travel through time, see your surprise and hold you so tight...Natalie Imbruglia - Counting Down The Days

6) So do your best to run away but take a breath and you will pay... Simian - LA Breeze

7) It's so easy to fly through the window...The Cars - Moving In Stereo

11) Something's new but nothing's changed, familiar feelings just the same...Longview - Further

12) Two shots of fantasy and one of make-believe...Any Trouble - Second Choice

13) I know some things that you don't, you wanna hear some? Joe Jackson - Different For Girls

14) Waiting to change, but she's cold inside, she wants to be like the water...KT Tunstall - Other Side Of The World

15) I lost my faith in the Summertime, cause it don't stop raining... Oasis -Importance of Being Idle

17) Twenty two nights, just trying to erase every word that you said...22-20s - 22 Days

19) People are fragile things you should know by now, be careful what you put them through...Editors - Munich

20) I am rotten to my core if that's to be believed...Garbade- Why do you love me?

22) Where I come from, I just don't come from, get me out of here...Hard Fi - Tied Up Too Tight

24) Don't tell me you're afraid of the past, it's only the future that didn't last...Idlewild - Love steals us from lonliness

27) Don't think we're not serious, when's it ever not? Jimmy Eat World - Work

28) The room is on fire while she's fixing her hair... The Strokes - Reptilia

29) I'm not in love with you, but I wont hold that against you...Super Furry Animals - Juxtaposed with you

33) The man said you've gone and spent the money he ever so kindly lent... The Ordinary Boys - Seaside

35) I am a weekday on weekends, I hate my best friends...The Stills - Changes are no good.

Check for new replies or respond here...