inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: nondiva's easy peasy quiz Limit Removed! DONE! Mystery relation revealed!

Written By: nondiva234 on 11/20/05 at 2:12 am

Here, once again, is my somewhat easy peasy quiz! There are 25 songs, and there will be limits of 5 songs a person, and that will be removed one there are a few songs left. Here we go! (note: all the questions are in first person, but that's just speculation, not a clue; there's also a common bond between some of the songs, and if you can figure it out, you get an extra 5 points, but you have to guess before the songs are all revealed; there's other bonus points that can be achieved as well, but you'll have to figure it out yourself)

Mystery relation still in tact! Better guess soon! Limit is removed, so you can guess as many songs as you'd like!

1. I'm not trying to make you feel uncomfortable - "I Honestly Love You" Olivia Newton-John - FussBudgetVanPelt

2. I cannot cry because I know that's weakness in your eyes - "Because of You" Kelly Clarkson - cs

3. I remember the day when you left...for (song title) If you were to acronize this group's name, it would sound like an amphibian related to the frog - "Santa Monica" Theory of a Deadman - Zoso

4. This is where I grew up...I think the present owner fixed it up - "Photograph" Nickelback - cs

5. I don't know where you're going (remake, please) - "Listen To Your Heart" DHT - tomario

6. I've got the feeling that you don't really give...a (expletive) - "Ms. Hilton" The Penfifteen Club - DominEL

7. Cause I'll never be with you - "You're Beautiful" James Blunt - maddog

8. All I need for you to know is - "I'm Like A Bird" Nelly Furtado - nally

9. I can't wait to go back and do Japan - "What You Waiting For?" Gwen Stefani - Tam

10. Lonesome stranger, with a crowd around you...I see who you are This singer is probably not too well known, but this song is quite played on soft radio, especially in Canada, this singer's home country - "Homeless Heart" Amanda Stott - loki 13

11. I can be ya baby, you can be my honey...let's spend time, not money One of the most "busty" songs this year, literally. - "My Humps" Black Eyed Peas - Zoso

12. I know you, and you know me, that's all that counts This burlesque group was accused of being copycats for allegedly "stealing" their first single from another singer. - "Stickwitu" Pussycat Dolls - Gwen

13. I just hope it all gets banned to you - "Jimmy Gets High" Daniel Powter - Indy Gent

14. Well I'm sorry that he called me...and that I answered the telephone It's too bad this singer isn't well recieved by everyone, especially after her vocal malfunction on one of the biggest late night shows on TV. - "Boyfriend" Ashlee Simpson - Zoso

15. I got chills, they're multiplying - "You're The One That I Want" Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta - FussBudgetVanPelt

16. I only fly first-class desires, you're my limousine This singer probably got her inspiration for her solo album from a tropical fruit (she even spells it in another song). - "Luxurious" Gwen Stefani - Zoso

17. It's always me who's reaching out for your hand "Where Is Your Heart" Kelly Clarkson - cs

18. Who am I to disagree - "Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)" Eurythmics - mooster

19. I don't know what I'm to say, I'll say it anyway - "Take On Me" a-ha - Henk

20. I'm not the kinda girl - "The Tide Is High" Blondie - maddog

21. Hold on to the end, that's what I intend to do - "Hopelessly Devoted To You" Olivia Newton-John - FussBudgetVanPelt

22. Can't read my mind, I'm undefined...I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand With these words, this artist would like to say I love you. - "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

23. I gotta make, gotta make it, gotta make it through...give me just a second and I'll be okay "Gotta Get Thru This" Daniel Bedingfield (now you know, Henk!) - Tam

24. I should've stayed on the farm, I should've listen to my old man - "Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road" Elton John - FussBudgetVanPelt

25. And I can see that (song title) that lives inside of your head This group, though Canadian, has a drummer from Detroit. - "Thief" Our Lady Peace - Gambo

Leaders:
FussBudgetVanPelt - 7 points
Zoso -7 points
cs - 5 points
maddog - 3 points
Tam - 2 points
DominEl - 1 point
Gambo - 1 point
Gwen - 1 point
Henk - 1 point
Indy Gent - 1 point
loki 13 - 1 point
mooster - 1 point
nally - 1 point

Subject: Re: New Somewhat Easy Peasy Quiz (Limit: 5 songs)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/20/05 at 4:14 am

Hello

1  I Honestly Love You - Olivia Newton-John

15  You're The One That I Want - Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta

21  Hopelessly Devoted To You - Olivia Newton-John

24  Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John

My guess is all the artists have "John" as part of their name  :P :P :P

Written By: mandamoo on 11/20/05 at 5:18 am

My guess is all the artists have "John" as part of their name  :P :P :P

I may have just refuted that  :o

#18  Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics

Written By: maddog on 11/20/05 at 5:38 am

Hi there

#7 You're Beautiful - Jame Blunteeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuurrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhh!  :P
#20 The Tide Is High - Blondie

Written By: maddog on 11/20/05 at 5:41 am

Ooh, ooh, also just spotted

#19 She Don't Love Me Like You - Magic Numbers (much, much better than #7 IMHO :)!)

Written By: tomario on 11/20/05 at 6:25 am

5 listen to your heart - dht

24 goodbye yellow brick road - elton john

Written By: FaultyDog on 11/20/05 at 3:50 pm

Ooh, ooh, also just spotted

#19 She Don't Love Me Like You - Magic Numbers (much, much better than #7 IMHO :)!)

You sure..? I think it's Take on me by A-Ha. ???

Written By: nondiva234 on 11/20/05 at 3:55 pm

Hello

Subject: Re: New Somewhat Easy Peasy Quiz (Limit: 5 songs) 16 MORE SONGS LEFT!

Written By: nally on 11/20/05 at 7:09 pm

Is #8 "I'm Like A Bird" by Nelly Furtado??

Btw, Roxette also performed #5; in fact, theirs was the original. ;)

Subject: Re: New Somewhat Easy Peasy Quiz (Limit: 5 songs) 16 MORE SONGS LEFT!

Written By: nondiva234 on 11/21/05 at 7:20 pm

Is #8 "I'm Like A Bird" by Nelly Furtado??

Btw, Roxette also performed #5; in fact, theirs was the original. ;)

That's true. I liked Roxette's version better. More up tempo. Anyways, #8 is correct.

Subject: Re: My 2nd Somewhat Easy Peasy Quiz (Limit: 5 songs) 15 MORE SONGS LEFT!

Written By: cs on 11/22/05 at 7:26 am

17. Where is your heart - Kelly Clarkson

Subject: Re: My 2nd Somewhat Easy Peasy Quiz (Limit: 5 songs) 15 MORE SONGS LEFT!

Written By: cs on 11/22/05 at 7:29 am

2. Because of you - Kelly Clarkson

Written By: nondiva234 on 11/22/05 at 6:40 pm

^ ^For getting two Kelly Clarkson songs right, you get 2 bonus points in addition to the 2 points you gained by correctly guessing. Good job!

Subject: Re: My 2nd Somewhat Easy Peasy Quiz (Limit: 5 songs) 13 SONGS LEFT! Clues added!

Written By: Tam on 11/23/05 at 5:14 pm

Hey!!!

9. What you Waiting For - Gwen Stefani

Subject: Re: My 2nd Somewhat Easy Peasy Quiz (Limit: 5 songs) 13 SONGS LEFT! Clues added!

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/23/05 at 5:46 pm

13. Bad Day-Daniel Powter

Written By: nondiva234 on 11/23/05 at 5:51 pm

Tam, you're right. IG, that's the right artist, but not the right song. Care to try again? I'll give you a half point for getting DP right.

Written By: cs on 11/25/05 at 8:56 am

4. Photograph - Nickelback

Written By: karen on 11/25/05 at 9:59 am

Is #4 Ronan Keating?

Written By: nondiva234 on 11/25/05 at 5:30 pm

Sorry, Karen, cs got it right. It is Nickelback's "Photograph."

Subject: Re: My 2nd Somewhat Easy Peasy Quiz (Limit: 5 songs) 12 SONGS LEFT! Clues added!

Written By: FaultyDog on 11/25/05 at 6:55 pm

23. I gotta make, gotta make it, gotta make it through...give me just a second and I'll be okay

This is so frustrating...I can hear the song in my head, but I just can't think of the title and/or the artist. I know it's a male singer, and the song is fairly recent, but that's just about it.  :-\\

Now it will continue to haunt me until somebody comes up with the right answer... :(

Subject: Re: My 2nd Somewhat Easy Peasy Quiz (Limit: 5 songs) 12 SONGS LEFT! Clues added!

Written By: nondiva234 on 11/25/05 at 7:39 pm

^Lol! If you'd like, I'll give you (and as for the rest of everybody) a clue. But I'm only gonna keep it here, and not edit my first post. Okay, another song from this artist (#23) contains the lyrics, "Then why does your name resound in my head?"

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/27/05 at 11:25 pm

6 could be Ms. Hilton by Penfifteen Club, or whatever the heck they are.

But I doubt it, because outside of people in my family, I know of no one who knows that song.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/28/05 at 8:03 am

Jimmy Gets High

Tam, you're right. IG, that's the right artist, but not the right song. Care to try again? I'll give you a half point for getting DP right.

Written By: nondiva234 on 11/28/05 at 6:36 pm

6 could be Ms. Hilton by Penfifteen Club, or whatever the heck they are.

But I doubt it, because outside of people in my family, I know of no one who knows that song.

That's correct!

Jimmy Gets High

You're right as well!

Written By: Tam on 11/28/05 at 6:39 pm

23. Gotta get thru this - Daniel Bedingfield

Subject: Re: nondiva's easy peasy quiz Limit Removed! 11 SONGS LEFT! Clues added!

Written By: nondiva234 on 11/28/05 at 10:01 pm

^That's right!

Subject: Re: nondiva's easy peasy quiz Limit Removed! 11 SONGS LEFT! Clues added!

Written By: nondiva234 on 11/30/05 at 5:26 pm

Deadline for entries of all songs: December 17th, 2005

Written By: nally on 12/01/05 at 2:25 pm

Looks to me like there's 8 songs left now, not 11.

I'm still kinda stumped on all of 'em, though. :-\\

Written By: FaultyDog on 12/01/05 at 4:44 pm

23. Gotta get thru this - Daniel Bedingfield

Of course it is. The singer's name sprung to mind early this morning, but I didn't get to posting... :-[

Oh well - I hadn't gotten to the title anyway. So congrats Tam. :)

Written By: loki 13 on 12/01/05 at 5:03 pm

Is #10...Homeless Heart by Amanda Stott?

Written By: Gwen on 12/01/05 at 5:09 pm

12 Don't Cha by the Pussycat Dolls  :)

Written By: nondiva234 on 12/02/05 at 5:33 pm

Is #10...Homeless Heart by Amanda Stott?

Yep!!  :)

12 Don't Cha by the Pussycat Dolls

Subject: Re: nondiva's easy peasy quiz Limit Removed! 6 SONGS LEFT! Clues added!

Written By: gambo on 12/06/05 at 1:19 pm

25. Thief - Our Lady Peace

Subject: Re: nondiva's easy peasy quiz Limit Removed! 6 SONGS LEFT! Clues added!

Written By: nondiva234 on 12/07/05 at 7:54 pm

25. Thief - Our Lady Peace

Correct!

Written By: Zoso on 12/08/05 at 3:53 am

3. "Santa Monica" - Theory of a Deadman
11. "My Humps" - Black Eyed Peas
12. "Stick With You" - Pussycat Dollz
14. "Boyfriend" - Ashlee Simpson (The lyrics are actually "Well I'm sorry that he called me")
16. "Luxurious" - Gwen Stefani
22. "Unwritten" - Natasha Bendingfield

Written By: Gwen on 12/10/05 at 2:32 pm

Yep!!

Written By: nondiva234 on 12/11/05 at 12:33 pm

3. "Santa Monica" - Theory of a Deadman
11. "My Humps" - Black Eyed Peas
12. "Stick With You" - Pussycat Dollz
14. "Boyfriend" - Ashlee Simpson (The lyrics are actually "Well I'm sorry that he called me")
16. "Luxurious" - Gwen Stefani
22. "Unwritten" - Natasha Bendingfield

You got it! And for correcting my lyrics, an extra point for you  :-
stickwitu

Yep!

Subject: Re: nondiva's easy peasy quiz Limit Removed! DONE! Mystery relation revealed!

Written By: nondiva234 on 12/11/05 at 12:39 pm

The quiz is all sung out! Congrats to VP and Zoso! And since you guys didn't guess the mystery relation in time, it cannot be earned. The correct answer was that most songs have the pronoun "You" in their song title.

Subject: Re: nondiva's easy peasy quiz Limit Removed! DONE! Mystery relation revealed!

Written By: Zoso on 12/11/05 at 10:24 pm

most songs have the pronoun "You" in their song title.

Ah! Very clever

Check for new replies or respond here...