inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Yet Again...It's a Random Lyrics Quiz... 2 LEFT!!! CLUES!!!

Written By: Criz on 12/27/05 at 4:42 pm

Same again guys, just name the artist and title. Limit is 3 to begin with... and no googling :P All songs are Post-70s if that helps, and aslo lyrics may nnot always be 100% correct as they are heard by me and are not off any lyric website or similar!!

All that's left to say is, have fun!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I need direction to perfection... Jaytee Killers - All These Things I've Done

2. When she looks at me and laughs, I remind her of the fact...Henk and maddog Prefab Sprout - King of Rock and Roll

3. The snow is falling down, gets colder day by day... tomario Pretenders - 2000 Miles

4. I saw you standing at the gates, when Marlon Brando passed away...tomario Robbie Willima s- Advertising Space

5. He don't care for high tone places... Paul Nina Simone - My Baby Just Cares For Me

6. Trying to taste the difference between lemon and lime, pain and pleasure... Paul XTC - Senses Working Overtime

7. But it's time to face the truth, I will never be with you... Jaytee James Blunt - You're Beautiful

8. The trouble is, that you're in love with someone else, it should be me... Song was released in 2004. It's from the album 'Antics'

9. You always get under my skin, I don't find it irritating, you always play to win... (Cover or original - either one will do :)) maddog The Only Ones - Another Girl, Another Planet ( Blink 182 have recently covered this, and Im shocked to say it's pretty good!)

10. And don't you know, it's a beautiful new day...Paul ELO - Mr Blue Sky

11. Now I can't breathe, no I can't sleep, I'm barely hanging on... nally Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes

12. You can take a picture of something you see, in the future where will I be? The current song from this British band. They have had a previous hit with 'Yellow' Gambo Coldpaly - Talk

13. You know I love ya, just wanna touch ya, stand up, knock me right off my feet...Released in 2005. From the album 'Stars of CCTV'

14. It's driven me before, and it seems to have a vague haunting mass appeal... nally Incubus - Drive

15. Dumb hearts get broken, just like china cups... maddog Eurythmics - Who's That Girl

That's your lot for now :]

Subject: Re: Yet Again...It's a Random Lyrics Quiz...

Written By: Paul on 12/27/05 at 5:05 pm

Hi Criz...hope a good Christmas was had by you and yours...

#5. 'My Baby Just Cares For Me' - Nina Simone

#6. 'Senses Working Overtime' - XTC...(class!)

#10. 'Mr Blue Sky' - ELO

Written By: FaultyDog on 12/27/05 at 5:30 pm

2. When she looks at me and laughs, I remind her of the fact...

...that I'm the King Of Rock & Roll - completely.
But I can not for the life of me remember the band's name... Video was set at a swimming pool (for a bonus point, maybe..? :-\\).

And Paul just beat me to this one:

6. Trying to taste the difference between lemon and lime, pain and pleasure...

but I can give you the next line (for what it's worth): And the church bells softly chime.

Oh well - no bonus points there either, I guess.

Written By: jaytee on 12/27/05 at 7:08 pm

Seasons Greetings Criz

1.  All These Things That I've Done - The Killers
7.  You're Beautiful - James Blunt

Written By: Criz on 12/28/05 at 9:47 am

...that I'm the King Of Rock & Roll - completely.
But I can not for the life of me remember the band's name... Video was set at a swimming pool (for a bonus point, maybe..? :-\\).

And Paul just beat me to this one:but I can give you the next line (for what it's worth): And the church bells softly chime.

Oh well - no bonus points there either, I guess.

I'll give you 3/4 of a point for the 'King of Rock n Roll' Henk - for you trying! :P

Written By: maddog on 12/28/05 at 10:48 am

Hiya Criz

Some good ones here...

#9 Another Girl, Another Planet - The Only Ones - I'm not aware of any cover version of this.
#15 Who's That Girl? - Eurhythmics

and the artist for #2 is Prefab Sprout ;)

Written By: FaultyDog on 12/28/05 at 3:57 pm

and the artist for #2 is Prefab Sprout ;)

I knew it was a two word name, just couldn't think of the right name. It has been bugging me all day. O well, better luck next time.

Written By: nally on 12/28/05 at 11:08 pm

#14 is "Drive" by Incubus...one of my faves O0
#11 is "Behind These Hazel Eyes" by Kelly Clarkson...another good one ;)

Subject: Re: Yet Again...It's a Random Lyrics Quiz... 5 LEFT!!!

Written By: tomario on 12/31/05 at 10:51 am

3. 2000 miles -pretenders
4. advertising space - robbie williams

happy new year !

Subject: Re: Yet Again...It's a Random Lyrics Quiz... 3 LEFT!!! CLUES!!!

Written By: gambo on 01/09/06 at 11:47 am

12. Talk - Coldplay

Check for new replies or respond here...