inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 1970s Opening Lines Quiz [Complete]

Written By: star80 on 02/17/07 at 1:19 pm

Limit 3
1 point each; Bonus Lyrics = 2 points

SCORES

Electrophile        3
Doc Brown          2
CeramicsFanatic   3
gemini                 3
Gaylon                3
loki 13                3
Paul                  4
lorac61469        1

1.   "Tell me quick', said Old McFee, "What's this all have to do with me", "I've spent all my time at sea a loner....... Ship Of Fools - Bob Seger lorac61469

2.   Life me, won't you lift me, above the old routine, Play it sweetly make it nice Jazzman - Carole King gemini

3.   I was born and raised down in Alabama, On a farm way back up in the woods Patches - Clarence Carter Gaylon

4.   I want to know just how you feel, Said-a I want to know, If what you feel is real I'll Be Good To Ya - The Brothers Johnson Paul
5.   The city streets are empty now, The lights don't shine no more Turn To Stone - ELO gemini

6.   The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down to the big lake they call Gitchagoomie The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot CeramicsFanatic

7.   Here I lie in a lost and lonely part of town, Held in time, In a world of tears I slowly drown Tragedy - The Bee Gees CeramicsFanatic

8.   The time is right, You hold me tight and love's got me high Love Won't Let Me Wait - Major Harris Paul

9.   On the first part of the journey, I was looking at all the life A Horse With No Name - America Electrophile

10.  No, I would not give you false hope, On this strange and mournful day Mother And Child Reunion - Paul Simon Doc Brown

11.  I would have given you all of my heart, But there's someone who's torn it apart The First Cut Is The Deepest - Rod Steward Doc Brown

12.  This has got to be the saddest day of my life, I called you here with a little bit of bad news Kiss & Say Goodbye = The Manhattans CeramicsFanaticc

13.  If I could I'd like to be a great big movie star, Overnight sensation Stoned In Love - The Stylistics gemini

14.  Ah, If there's a cure for this, I don't want it, don't want it, If there's a remedy, I'll run from it Love Hangover - Diana Ross Electrophile

15.  The wind blew some luck in my direction, I caught it in my hands today Moonlight Feels Right - Starbuck Gaylon

16.  Don't know why I'm surviving every lonely day, When there's got to be, no chance for me If I Can't Have You - Yvonne Elliman Electrophile

17.  Listen to the ground, There is movement all around, There is something goin' down Saturday Night Fever - The Bee Gees loki 13

18.  There you are looking just the same as you did last time I touched you Looks Like We Made It - Barry Manilow loki 13

19.  Come take my hand, You should know me, I've always been in your mind Magic - Olivia Newton-John loki 13

20.  She's faced the hardest times you can imagine, And many times her eyes fought back the tears Wildflower - Skylark Gaylon

Bonus Lyrics:  In these days of changing ways, So Called Liberated Days, A Story comes to mind of a friend of mineThe Killing Of Georgie - Rod Stewart Paul

Subject: Re: 1970s Opening Lines Quiz

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/17/07 at 1:39 pm

9 | Horse With No Name - America
14 | Love Hangover - Diana Ross
16 | If I Can't Have You - Yvonne Elliman

Written By: Doc Brown on 02/17/07 at 3:32 pm

Tough quiz, Gypsy! But I've got 2:

10. Paul Simon, "Mother & Child Reunion"
11. Rod Stewart, "The First Cut Is The Deepest"

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/17/07 at 3:39 pm

Hi there!  :)

Cool quiz!!

6. Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot (great song, great singer!)
7. Tragedy - Bee Gees
12. Kiss And Say Goodbye - The Manhattans

Written By: gemini on 02/17/07 at 4:27 pm

Hello! Some good ones here!  :) 

2. Jazzman--Carole King
5. Turn to Stone--ELO
13. Stone In Love With You--Stylistics

Written By: Gaylon on 02/17/07 at 5:34 pm

3. Patches - Clarence Carter
15. Moonlight Feels Right - Starbuck
20. Wildflower - Skylark

Written By: loki 13 on 02/19/07 at 7:49 pm

17...Night Fever....Bee Gees?

18...Looks Like We Made it....Barry Manilow?

19...Magic....Olivia Newton John?

Written By: Paul on 02/20/07 at 7:07 am

Hello...

#4. 'I'll Be Good To You' - Brothers Johnson
#8. 'Love Won't Let Me Wait' - Major Harris

Bonus: 'The Killing Of Georgie' - Rod Stewart

13. Stone In Love With You--Stylistics

...and I think Rhonda oughta get credit for that one! ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/20/07 at 10:28 am

Bonus: 'The Killing Of Georgie' - Rod Stewart

Well done for spotting that one, Paul!  :)

I knew it looked familiar, I just couldn't place it at the time...

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/20/07 at 10:49 am

1.  "Tell me quick', said Old McFee, "What's this all have to do with me", "I've spent all my time at sea a loner.......
Ship of Fools- Bob Seger.

Subject: Re: 1970s Opening Lines Quiz [Complete]

Written By: star80 on 02/20/07 at 2:19 pm

You all are right on these  ---  Great job guys, thanx

Check for new replies or respond here...