inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Movie Quiz: Name That Skewered Pig!

Written By: Tia on 08/31/07 at 11:32 am

I've been a big fan of these really detailed movie reviews for parents where they list in EXCRUCIATING detail exactly what sexual, violent, or vulgar content might be contained in a movie; the effect of reading a bunch of these in a row can be quite a bit more shocking than watching the movies themselves.

so i've wanted to do this for a while: based solely on the description of said risque content, name the movie being described. maybe i'll start doing one of these every friday, depending how bored i am. all of these movies are currently out in theaters (in the US, anyway...)

LIMIT THREE -- i think these will be pretty easy, but the descriptions are so funny i couldn't resist.

1. a giant syringe (we don't see an injection), chases, fights, explosions, abductions, interrupted robberies; character and her dog get mugged but are fine. Canine sexual innuendo, toilet humor.
2. A steamy kiss; implied overnight liaison; hints of adultery -- a cuddle with a colleague; drinking; smoking; rare strong profanity. Not for tweens.NANNY DIARIES -- IZ
3. Bone-crushing fights, lethal gunplay; foot chases, car chases are breathlessly shot and could induce motion sickness in some; mild profanity. BOURNE ULTIMATUM -- PHILIP ENO
4. Character skateboards naked; characters drink and smoke -- including, at times, kids; pious Christians spoofed; mildly crude language; rare profanity; brief bedroom scene; two gay policemen kiss, enter a motel; robot suicide gag. -- THE SIMPSONS, c/o PHILIP ENO
5. Drug humor; very strong profanity; drinking; smoking; nudity; body falls out of coffin; strong sexual innuendo; homophobic humor; gross toilet humor. DEATH AT A FUNERAL -- IZ
6. Explicit sexuality; nudity; strong profanity, sexual language; talk of an aid worker who sexually abused Third World children; a skinned pig cut in half at a market; drinking; smoking. TWO DAYS IN PARIS -- IZ
7. Highly explicit sexual language; drugs, drunkenness; squirm-inducing scene about menstrual blood; drawings of male sex organs; semi-explicit sexual situations -- mild compared with the language. SUPERBAD -- DAVEY THRASHPIMPLE
8. High-speed chases, crashes, people run over; gunplay; vicious dog chases kids; infected man, covered in slime, dies after a seizure; people jump to their deaths; Character stalked in a subway tunnel; verbal account of a man killing a pet; a muted kiss; Character seen briefly in translucent sleepwear; drinking; mild profanity. INVASION -- SNOZ
9. Martial arts face-offs with fists, blades, sticks; high-speed chases; gunplay; leering but nonthreatening sexual innuendo (and a bit of sexism); ethnic, racial stereotypes spoofed; racial slurs referred to by first letters only; implied toplessness among dancers; briefly lewd but nonexplicit sexual situation; rare profanity.RUSH HOUR 3 -- SNOZ
10. Nongraphic boxing scenes with bloody noses, swollen eyes; one use of the F-word; mild sexual innuendo; drinking, smoking; verbal references to an abusive childhood, with a scar to show for it.
11. Sexual themes refer to teen longing, masturbation; subtler hints of cross-dressing, homosexuality; sounds of protagonist's mom and her new lover having sex; teens kiss steamily, drink, smoke; profanity.

Subject: Re: Movie Quiz: Name That Skewered Pig!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/07 at 11:45 am

#4 The Simpsons

Written By: La Roche on 08/31/07 at 12:36 pm

5 is Clerks right?

Written By: Tia on 08/31/07 at 12:38 pm

5 is Clerks right?
nope, these are all movies in theaters now.

Written By: Tia on 08/31/07 at 12:49 pm

are these too hard? i can give hints.

Written By: maddog on 08/31/07 at 12:52 pm

#10....abusive childhood with a scar to show for it....could it be Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix ??? ;) ?

Written By: Tia on 08/31/07 at 12:55 pm

#10....abusive childhood with a scar to show for it....could it be Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix ??? ;) ?

fraid not. note "boxing scenes."

Written By: La Roche on 08/31/07 at 1:11 pm

nope, these are all movies in theaters now.

Oh right.

Oh, hell.. I dunno.

7 Is however Superbad.

Written By: Tia on 08/31/07 at 1:14 pm

victory!

Written By: La Roche on 08/31/07 at 1:16 pm

victory!

Have you seen it? It was great.

The fat guy.. that was me in High School, except stoned.

Written By: Tia on 08/31/07 at 1:31 pm

i havent, but i’ve heard good things.

Written By: thereshegoes on 08/31/07 at 1:48 pm

This is a great quiz,but really hard,you should give us clues!

#6 is 2 Days in Paris(the Julie Delpy flick),my friend saw it and told me about the the 3rd world joke.

Written By: Tia on 08/31/07 at 2:10 pm

okay, big hint -- here are the movies, out of order.

*2 DAYS IN PARIS
BECOMING JANE
BOURNE ULTIMATUM
DEATH AT A FUNERAL
EVAN ALMIGHTY
HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX
INVASION
KING OF KONG: A FISTFUL OF QUARTERS
KNOCKED UP
NANNY DIARIES
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM
OCEANS 13
RATATOUILLE
RESURRECTING THE CHAMP
ROCKET SCIENCE
RUSH HOUR 3
*SIMPSONS
*SUPERBAD
TRANSFORMERS
UNDERDOG

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/07 at 2:11 pm

#3 must be The Bourne Ultimatum

Written By: thereshegoes on 08/31/07 at 2:20 pm

Ok,now it's too easy :P

#2  Nanny Diaries
#5 Death At A Funeral

Written By: Tia on 08/31/07 at 2:27 pm

i added a bunch of decoys to make it harder again. :P

Written By: snozberries on 09/02/07 at 11:54 am

8 is Invasion

Written By: snozberries on 09/02/07 at 12:00 pm

10 is Rush Hour 3

Oops I meant #9.....

Check for new replies or respond here...