inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The ultimate quiz...Millionaire!

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/08/09 at 11:48 pm

It's kinda of a quiz, right? If it's not, would someone kindly please move it accordingly? I'd like to play Millionaire. Anyone want to play? We'll be playing with the American version, meaning that you have a limited amount of time to answer the question. We'll use their lifelines with a slight twist. So, is there anyone who wishes to play?

Subject: Re: The ultimate quiz...Millionaire!

Written By: snozberries on 01/09/09 at 10:30 am

It's kinda of a quiz, right? If it's not, would someone kindly please move it accordingly? I'd like to play Millionaire. Anyone want to play? We'll be playing with the American version, meaning that you have a limited amount of time to answer the question. We'll use their lifelines with a slight twist. So, is there anyone who wishes to play?

I'm down with the game Josh... I think I have the time...plus American Millionaire is not nearly as complex as that Aussie Wheel of Fortune (or whatever the last game was  ;)  )

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/10/09 at 12:50 am

It definitely isn't, Snoz. Now, you know how this works. You have to answer 15 questions correctly in order to win V$1,000,000. Let's take a look at that money tree:

$1 MILLION
$500,000
$250,000
$100,000
$50,000
$25,000
$16,000
$8,000
$4,000
$2,000
$1,000
$500
$300
$200
$100

And let's take a look at your categories:
Football
Blink and you'll miss it
The alphabet
Funny, ha-ha
Let's speak Latin
Fun with acronyms
The good ol' hockey game
TV geniuses
Busted!
Oh là là!
Tipping the scales
The happiest place on earth
Root, root, root
Cuidades americanos
Common expressions

If you are stumped on a question, you have three lifelines to begin with: "Phone" A Friend, in which you can "call" a member of the boards to aid you in the question; Ask the Audience, in which I will ask several members of the boards to come to your aid, and Double Dip, in which you will have two stabs at the question. Once you have reached the $1,000 level, you will earn a new lifeline. On the show, it would be Ask The Expert, but because I don't personally know any experts, and because it's almost essentially like Phone-A-Friend, I'm going to create a new lifeline. I will call it "Clue." As I have the answers in front of me, I will give you one and only one clue about the answer that might help lead you to the right one. For example, let's say the question is this:

What colour is a pig?
A: Red                B: Green
C: Pink              D: Yellow

If you got stumped (God forbid you don't know what colour a pig is, XD!), you could use the Clue lifeline, and I would say "The answer is not a primary colour." That would essentially remove answers A and D, as red and yellow are primary colours. You would then have to figure out what the answer is, which in this case is C. Got it? I hope so.

Now the big thing about this game is that there is a clock that will force you to answer right away. For the first five questions, you will have 24 hours to answer it. For the second tier, you'll have 48 hours to answer. And for questions 11-14, you will have 72 hours to answer. If you reach that million dollar question, you will have all the unused time left over from previous questions.

We're about to get to the game, snoz. However, I need you to promise me this: please, please, please, for the integrity of the game, do not use any sort of search engines or encyclopedias to find the answer to the question. Either you know it or you don't. The only person that may use any sort of resource is your "Phone-A-Friend." The audience may not look at any resources either, to keep to the authenticity of the game. Will you promise me that?

Anyways, I hope you're ready to play, because I am! Let's play Millionaire! The $100 question will come in the next post...

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/10/09 at 12:53 am

Alright for $100, snoz. Let's put 24 hours on the clock. The clock starts as soon as this is posted. Therefore, you will have until exactly 10:53pm Pacific Standard Time to answer the question. Category: Common Expressions.

A person who is delighted with something is often said to be "tickled what?"
A: Pink                          B: Blue
C: Green                        D: Me Elmo

Lifelines: Double Dip
            Phone-A-Friend
            Ask the Audience

Written By: snozberries on 01/10/09 at 1:14 am

Alright for $100, snoz. Let's put 24 hours on the clock. The clock starts as soon as this is posted. Therefore, you will have until exactly 10:53pm Pacific Standard Time to answer the question. Category: Common Expressions.

A person who is delighted with something is often said to be "tickled what?"
A: Pink                          B: Blue
C: Green                        D: Me Elmo

Phone-A-Friend
             Ask the Audience

Woo Hoo...

A. Pink Final answer

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/10/09 at 5:38 pm

Pink is correct! :)

$1,000,000 Bank: 23 hours

On to $200. Category: Cuidades americanos. 24 hours on the clock.

"The Angels" is the literal translation of which Spanish-named American city?
A: Tucson                                    B: El Paso
C: Santa Fe                                  D: Los Angeles

Phone-A-Friend
            Ask the Audience

Written By: snozberries on 01/10/09 at 6:11 pm

Pink is correct! :)

$1,000,000 Bank: 23 hours

On to $200. Category: Cuidades americanos. 24 hours on the clock.

"The Angels" is the literal translation of which Spanish-named American city?
A: Tucson                                    B: El Paso
C: Santa Fe                                  D: Los Angeles

Phone-A-Friend
            Ask the Audience

Ah well... you know I travel to this city a lot. Plus I took like three years of high school spanish so can answer in complete confidence that the answer is  my other "hometown" D. Los An-heh-leez Calli-forrr-neeya. 

final answer

See how I got in a whole story like the real contestants do?  ;D

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/11/09 at 2:23 pm

Then again, I doubt it takes 24 hours to tell your whole story, lol! Yeah, you're correct.

Clock bank: 46 hours

Okay, I'm going to drop the clock time to just 15 hours, to keep it aligned with the original show. You'll have more than enough time to answer — trust me — as the clock starts when the answers show on the actual programs, and the contestants have to wait for Meredith to finish reading them before they can answer, so they have only at most 8 to 9 seconds to answer. However, I'll keep all the banked time you have earned so far. Let's keep going.

$300: Root, root, root is the category.

In which baseball park does the fabled "Green Monster" tower over left field?
A: Comiskey
B: Fenway
C: Wrigley
D: Hershey

You have 15 hours, and you have until 4:22am PST to answer.

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/12/09 at 10:21 pm

Oooh...I'm sorry, snoz. But time's up. Let's see the correct answer. It was C: Wrigley. However, you do have $200 to take home. Congratulations!

Now, I need another player to get into the Hot Seat. If no one will offer, snoz, you can play again.

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/09 at 10:22 pm

Oooh...I'm sorry, snoz. But time's up. Let's see the correct answer. It was C: Wrigley. However, you do have $200 to take home. Congratulations!

Now, I need another player to get into the Hot Seat. If no one will offer, snoz, you can play again.

aw man I went to work and totally forgot about it! Someone should have warned me!
>:(

Written By: loki 13 on 01/13/09 at 4:57 pm

I was just watching this game being played and I have to say, in Jeopardy when the shows officials give an incorrect answer
as a correct answer the player is asked to return. In this case I think snoz should get another shot because the fabled "Green
Monster" towers over Fenway Park in Boston, not Wrigley, therefore the correct answer is B: Fenway.

As I said, this is just an observation.

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/09 at 5:13 pm

I was just watching this game being played and I have to say, in Jeopardy when the shows officials give an incorrect answer
as a correct answer the player is asked to return. In this case I think snoz should get another shot because the fabled "Green
Monster" towers over Fenway Park in Boston, not Wrigley, therefore the correct answer is B: Fenway.

As I said, this is just an observation.

ooohhh you're good I was so bummed out about missing my turn I didn't even catch that!

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/13/09 at 11:42 pm

Whoops. No, the correct answer was Fenway. Complete typo. But regardless, time was up. Do you want to play again, snoz? I don't see any line up.

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/09 at 12:08 am

sure

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/15/09 at 12:30 am

Alright, here we go again. You have $200 already, can you make it $1,000,200? Let's see your categories:

The Alphabet: Revisited
Russian Literature
Meant To Be Obeyed
The Royal Family
Condiments
Another Brick in the Wall
Blond Ambition
Wave It High
Spelling
Getting the Boot
Family Affairs
Ancient Math
Love
Vowels Not Included
Spot The Not

Are you ready to play? Let's play!

For $100, and let's put 15 hours on that clock. You have until 1:35am PST to answer the question, snoz. Category: Spot The Not.

Which of the following countries is not located in the African continent?
A: Saudi Arabia B: Côte d’Ivoire
C : Burkina Faso D : Botswana

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/09 at 1:45 am

Ha thought you'd give me a trick question huh?

The answer is A: Saudi Arabia  (my aunt, uncle and cousin lived there for three years....a long three years back in the 80s)

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/15/09 at 2:03 am

I should have made D a joke answer, like South Africa or something. Anyways, you're right. :) Question will come tomorrow.

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/15/09 at 6:10 pm

You have until 7:15am PST to answer this question. Category: Vowels Not Included. It's for $200, and here we go:

What is the thirteenth consonant in the modern English alphabet?
A: N B: Q
C: O D: P

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/09 at 6:14 pm

You have until 7:15am PST to answer this question. Category: Vowels Not Included. It's for $200, and here we go:

What is the thirteenth consonant in the modern English alphabet?
A: N B: Q
C: O D: P

Ha!  Well that's something... cuz the answer is my most favorite letter of the alphabet!!!!

b. Q  final answer.  8)

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/15/09 at 7:44 pm

And you're right! You have $200.

All right, snoz, this is the question where you were forved to stop. Watch your time now. :) You have until 8:50am PST to answer. $300, the category is Love.

According to the expression, absence makes the heart grow what?
A: Fonder B: Wings
C: Fainter D: Wiser

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/09 at 7:50 pm

And you're right! You have $200.

All right, snoz, this is the question where you were forved to stop. Watch your time now. :) You have until 8:50am PST to answer. $300, the category is Love.

According to the expression, absence makes the heart grow what?
A: Fonder B: Wings
C: Fainter D: Wiser

welll I know it as stronger.... so I'm gonna have to guess fonder... a. final answer.

Hey Josh... If you can- I have to work tomorrow- I work from 0730 to 1730

I should be able to check the boards while at work but if you come back and give me a question with a deadline for sometime this morning i'm going to miss it.  I almost missed the one with the 0135 deadline.  I just got lucky that I logged on to do something because I'm not usually on between 10 pm and 8 am on days I work

Thx  (I work fri, sat, sun and mon) same hours 730 am to 530 pm

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/15/09 at 9:42 pm

Sure, I'll post the question later on then. As for your answer, you have it right! :)

Russian Literature
Meant To Be Obeyed
The Royal Family
Condiments
Blond Ambition
Wave It High
Spelling
Getting the Boot
Family Affairs
Ancient Math
Love
Vowels Not Included
Spot The Not

Your next question has something to do with Ancient Math. Think about that before I give you the next question. :)

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/09 at 10:52 pm

Sure, I'll post the question later on then. As for your answer, you have it right! :)

Russian Literature
Meant To Be Obeyed
The Royal Family
Condiments
Blond Ambition
Wave It High
Spelling
Getting the Boot
Family Affairs
Ancient Math
Love
Vowels Not Included
Spot The Not

Your next question has something to do with Ancient Math. Think about that before I give you the next question. :)

ancient math  :o 

crap I can barely do modern math!

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/16/09 at 11:20 pm

Here we go. You have until 12:25pm PST to answer the question. :) Category: Ancient Math.

In Roman numerals, the number 5 is represented by which letter of the alphabet?
A: I                                                      B: V
C: X                                                    D: L

Written By: snozberries on 01/17/09 at 12:35 am

Here we go. You have until 12:25pm PST to answer the question. :) Category: Ancient Math.

In Roman numerals, the number 5 is represented by which letter of the alphabet?
A: I                                                      B: V
C: X                                                     D: L

Fortunately... I've seen both Rocky Five and the Simpsons episode where Bart adds Rocky 2 and Rocky 5 to get the Roman numeral 7 soooooo......

B. V final answer!  ;D

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/17/09 at 11:30 am

Correct! Let's keep going. You have until 12:35am to answer this next question. For $1,000, category Family Affairs, plus the fourth lifeline Clue. Here we go:

Which 1980s TV drama centered around the lives of the Carrington family?
A: Dallas                  B: Knots Landing
C: Dynasty                D: Falcon Crest

Written By: snozberries on 01/17/09 at 1:17 pm

Correct! Let's keep going. You have until 12:35am to answer this next question. For $1,000, category Family Affairs, plus the fourth lifeline Clue. Here we go:

Which 1980s TV drama centered around the lives of the Carrington family?
A: Dallas                   B: Knots Landing
C: Dynasty                D: Falcon Crest

ooohhh  a TV question for the TV addict.  I like you!

C. Dynasty final answer!

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/18/09 at 1:24 am

BTW, I like your avatar. Three more days, eh? :) Dynasty is correct. And you have $1,000 plus that fourth lifeline, Clue.

Russian Literature
Meant To Be Obeyed
The Royal Family
Condiments
Blond Ambition
Wave It High
Spelling
Getting the Boot
Family Affairs
Ancient Math
Love
Vowels Not Included
Spot The Not

Because the questions get more difficult, I'll give you 30 hours to answer the question. You have until Monday at 5:30am PST to answer the question. Category: Getting the Boot. For $2,000:

In 2006, the International Astronomical Union demoted the planetary status of which celestial body to that of a dwarf planet?
A: Saturn B: Uranus
C: Neptune D: Pluto

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/09 at 10:06 am

BTW, I like your avatar. Three more days, eh? :) Dynasty is correct. And you have $1,000 plus that fourth lifeline, Clue.

Russian Literature
Meant To Be Obeyed
The Royal Family
Condiments
Blond Ambition
Wave It High
Spelling
Getting the Boot
Family Affairs
Ancient Math
Love
Vowels Not Included
Spot The Not

Because the questions get more difficult, I'll give you 30 hours to answer the question. You have until Monday at 5:30am PST to answer the question. Category: Getting the Boot. For $2,000:

In 2006, the International Astronomical Union demoted the planetary status of which celestial body to that of a dwarf planet?
A: Saturn B: Uranus
C: Neptune D: Pluto

D. Pluto. final answer

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/19/09 at 7:51 pm

D is correct! :)

Let's move on to the $4,000 question. The category: Spelling.

If you combined the abbreviations for Celsius, before noon, and earned run average, what word would you get?
A: Center B: Cinema
B: Camera D: Chimera

Deadline to answer is 12:00 noon Tuesday.

Written By: snozberries on 01/19/09 at 9:08 pm

D is correct! :)

Let's move on to the $4,000 question. The category: Spelling.

If you combined the abbreviations for Celsius, before noon, and earned run average, what word would you get?
A: Center B: Cinema
B: Camera D: Chimera

Deadline to answer is 12:00 noon Tuesday.

Okay Josh... I'm pretty sure era is Earned Run Average.... but I know crap about Celsius.... so I think I will need to ask the audience on this one!

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/19/09 at 10:58 pm

Okay, the clock has frozen at 27 hours. Posters who might be reading this, snoz needs your help. Using the letters A, B, C, or D, place your vote on what you think the answer is on this forum. You must not look up the answer, as to keep it like the audience in the show. You have 36 hours to post an answer. I will tally up the scores, and snoz will go with what you've said.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/19/09 at 11:45 pm

I'm thinking B  :)

Written By: nally on 01/19/09 at 11:46 pm

I'm thinking B  :)

My vote goes to B as well

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/19/09 at 11:47 pm

I need a couple more people to vote. If the "audience" wouldn't mind asking other people to "vote" as well, that would make the game much more fun. :)

Vote results so far:
A: 0%
B: 100%
C: 0%
D: 0%

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/19/09 at 11:49 pm

Whoops, I just realized there are two B answers. Let's remodify this:

A: Center              B: Cinema
C: Camera              D: Chimera

Okay, Patti and Jeff, do you wish to revote? Or will you stick to B: Cinema?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/19/09 at 11:55 pm

Oops...I'm changing my answer to C. Camera

I didn't notice the two "B" answers before.  :-[

Written By: snozberries on 01/19/09 at 11:57 pm

Oops...I'm changing my answer to C. Camera

I didn't notice the two "B" answers before.   :-[

I didn't notice it either... tho had it not been spotted given the two choices I would have gone with the one that ended in "era"  ;)

Written By: ninny on 01/20/09 at 5:06 am

Okay, the clock has frozen at 27 hours. Posters who might be reading this, snoz needs your help. Using the letters A, B, C, or D, place your vote on what you think the answer is on this forum. You must not look up the answer, as to keep it like the audience in the show. You have 36 hours to post an answer. I will tally up the scores, and snoz will go with what you've said.

It's B..woops :-C

Written By: karen on 01/20/09 at 7:49 am

C. Camera

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/09 at 7:52 am

Vote C.

Written By: snozberries on 01/20/09 at 1:20 pm

Okay Josh... I trust my peeps... and good thing too because I was leaning towards the other "era" answer...

but I will now answer that Camera is my final answer!

Thanks for the help guys!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/09 at 1:38 pm

Okay Josh... I trust my peeps... and good thing too because I was leaning towards the other "era" answer...

but I will now answer that Camera is my final answer!

Thanks for the help guys!
Go for it!

Written By: nally on 01/20/09 at 7:49 pm

It's B..woops :-C

Oops, gotta change my answer to C too! I made the same mistake :-
AC
BD

...but that didn't look right, since the program always lists the answers like this:

AB
CD

So my vote, once again, is C. Or am i too late?

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/20/09 at 11:03 pm

Your vote counts, Jeff. And the audience got it right, snoz. Congratulations!

Russian Literature
Meant To Be Obeyed
The Royal Family
Condiments
Blond Ambition
Wave It High
Spelling
Getting the Boot
Family Affairs
Ancient Math
Love
Vowels Not Included
Spot The Not

Wave It High is the category for $8,000. Question will come shortly.

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/20/09 at 11:06 pm

Oh, and technically, snoz, you should have waited for me to start the clock, just for fairness sake. But don't worry too much about it. I'll add 15 hours to the clock, as to keep things fair again.

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/21/09 at 12:20 am

Going for $8,000. Let's take a look at your lifelines:

Lifelines:
"Phone"-A-Friend
Double Dip
Clue

Still lots of help as we proceed to this next question. Wave It High, category. You have until 4:25am PST Thursday to answer.

What organization has the symbol and reverse colors of the Swiss flag?
A: NATO B: United Nations
C: OPEC D: American Red Cross

Written By: snozberries on 01/21/09 at 12:20 am

Oh, and technically, snoz, you should have waited for me to start the clock, just for fairness sake. But don't worry too much about it. I'll add 15 hours to the clock, as to keep things fair again.

sorry

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/21/09 at 12:24 am

So far you have a bank of:

5 days, 17 hours

to answer the $1,000,000 question.

Written By: snozberries on 01/21/09 at 12:25 am

Going for $8,000. Let's take a look at your lifelines:

Lifelines:
"Phone"-A-Friend
Double Dip
Clue

Still lots of help as we proceed to this next question. Wave It High, category. You have until 4:25am PST Thursday to answer.

What organization has the symbol and reverse colors of the Swiss flag?
A: NATO B: United Nations
C: OPEC D: American Red Cross

you guys remember the year Amazing Race premiered  ABC or NBC also had a show that featured teams racing across the globe?  in that show, I forget what it was called, anyway- the teams had to determine which country was their next destination...the only clue they were given were flags. If they didn't know the country's flag- then they were screwed...

I decided that was a good time to learn the nations flags...

anyway the answer is D. The Red Cross. Final answer.

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/21/09 at 1:50 am

That show was called Lost. And it paled in comparison to TAR. Regardless, you're right!

Going for $16,000 here, snoz. Category: Blond Ambition. You have until 5:55am Thursday to answer.

Famous for his bushy shock of light-blond hair, Boris Johnson is the mayor of what world city?
A: London                    B: Dublin
C: Sydney                    D: Rome

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/21/09 at 2:15 am

Pardon my interrupting, but a random person in the audiance is yelling "Happy Birthday" to the host.  lol  Please don't throw me out of the "studio". 

Written By: snozberries on 01/21/09 at 2:34 am

observant you are!

Happy Birthday Josh...

and now I must phone a friend... as much as I would love to ask my research enthusiast buddy bookmistress I know her time here is limited so I will call on my other knowledgeable buddy  Sir Philip...Philip if you willl be so kind please assist me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/09 at 2:36 am

observant you are!

Happy Birthday Josh...

and now I must phone a friend... as much as I would love to ask my research enthusiast buddy bookmistress I know her time here is limited so I will call on my other knowledgeable buddy  Sir Philip...Philip if you willl be so kind please assist me.

Hello, is it me you're looking for?

Written By: snozberries on 01/21/09 at 2:36 am

Hello, is it me you're looking for?

the one and only! Do you know the answer? I believe per the rules if you don't you can research it but I am not allowed to...

Written By: snozberries on 01/21/09 at 2:38 am

If you are stumped on a question, you have three lifelines to begin with: "Phone" A Friend, in which you can "call" a member of the boards to aid you in the question;

We're about to get to the game, snoz. However, I need you to promise me this: please, please, please, for the integrity of the game, do not use any sort of search engines or encyclopedias to find the answer to the question. Either you know it or you don't. The only person that may use any sort of resource is your "Phone-A-Friend."

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/09 at 2:39 am

the one and only! Do you know the answer? I believe per the rules if you don't you can research it but I am not allowed to...
I do not need to do any reseach, for I met him last October at Wood Lane Underground Station in London, therefore, the answer Boris Johnson is the Mayor of London.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/09 at 2:43 am

I do not need to do any reseach, for I met him last October at Wood Lane Underground Station in London, therefore, the answer Boris Johnson is the Mayor of London.
BTW....

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm66/Phil_O-Sopher/BorisandMe002.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 01/21/09 at 2:45 am

somehow I thought that might be the answer and knew you would be the best one to call on! Thank you my friend and karma...

Josh at the risk of breaking the rules again. I am going to trust Philip's answer and say

A. London Final answer.

I'm hoping to pad my clock...assuming I get to the million dollar answer! er I mean question.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post

nice picture Philip!

Written By: snozberries on 01/21/09 at 2:46 am

BTW....

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm66/Phil_O-Sopher/BorisandMe002.jpg

didn't you post that in the famous people thread? I vaguely remember seeing it before but didn't know who he was...a phenomenon that happens with many of my pics  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/09 at 4:02 am

didn't you post that in the famous people thread? I vaguely remember seeing it before but didn't know who he was...a phenomenon that happens with many of my pics  ;)
Yes I did and thanks.

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/21/09 at 10:28 pm

Firstly, thanks for the birthday wishes. If you'd like, you can punch me. :)  ;D

Secondly, it's good that you picked a Brit who is probably from London (correct me if I'm wrong, Phil), because Boris Johnson is the mayor of London! You have $16,000!

Thirdly, I'll add 15 hours to the clock.

Fourthly, you have two lifelines as we head into this $25,000 question.

Fifthly, the category is Another Brick in the Wall. Pink Floyd, perhaps? Let's see. 30 hours on the clock. You have until 2:35am PST Friday to answer.

Which of these buildings is mostly likely to have a qibla wall?
A: Mosque B: Cathedral
C: Greek temple D: Synagogue

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/21/09 at 10:34 pm

And for lifelines:

Double Dip
Clue

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/22/09 at 10:29 pm

Bumping this thread to remind snoz that there are just over 6 hours to go before your time runs out.

Written By: snozberries on 01/22/09 at 10:32 pm

thanks Josh I almost forgot... my router's went out on me tonight...

well because I'm sure it's not the other three... I have to go with A. Mosque final answer... *srosses fingers really tight*

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/24/09 at 5:32 pm

Seriously, snoz, you need to relax...because you have $25,000!

(audience cheers)

*dim lights*

Okay, snoz, we are in the ending stages of this game. The questions are going to getting harder here on out, so this time you will have 45 hours to answer the question.

Russian Literature
Meant To Be Obeyed
The Royal Family
Condiments
Blond Ambition
Wave It High
Spelling
Getting the Boot
Family Affairs
Ancient Math
Love
Vowels Not Included
Spot The Not

You have until sometime Monday to answer the question. The category is Condiments. The question will be posted a little later on tonight. Good luck, and think about condiments. :)

Written By: snozberries on 01/24/09 at 5:37 pm

Seriously, snoz, you need to relax...because you have $25,000!

(audience cheers)

You have until sometime Monday to answer the question. The category is Condiments. The question will be posted a little later on tonight. Good luck, and think about condiments. :)

whew!  I was sweating bullets!

Condiments? okay the answer is ketchup... final answer!    ;D

Just kidding!

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/25/09 at 11:43 pm

Speaking of ketchup, here's your question for $50,000. You have until 6:50pm Tuesday to answer:

Seen on numerous Heinz products, what does the number “57” stand for in the company’s slogan “57 Varieties?”
A: Ingredients in the ketchup B: The founder’s lucky number
C: Initial amount of products D: The year of founding; 1857

Written By: snozberries on 01/27/09 at 1:24 am

Speaking of ketchup, here's your question for $50,000. You have until 6:50pm Tuesday to answer:

Seen on numerous Heinz products, what does the number “57” stand for in the company’s slogan “57 Varieties?”
A: Ingredients in the ketchup B: The founder’s lucky number
C: Initial amount of products D: The year of founding; 1857

Hee.. Heinz Ketchup is the only ketchup I eat... and oh oh.. Heinz 57 is tangy and quite tasty too!

I don't really eat any of the other 55 items heinz offers but I know enough to say that the answer you want is C final answer!  ;)

Written By: nondiva234 on 01/27/09 at 3:06 am

Actually, snoz, the answer, according to the official company website, is B: The founder's lucky number.  :-\\ Gosh darn it! But you know what, it was a free guess; nothing to lose, and you have $25,000! Therefore, your current total winnings come to:

$25,200

Congratulations!

Now, I need another contestant to take on another set of 15 questions. Who's up?

Written By: snozberries on 01/27/09 at 4:54 pm

Actually, snoz, the answer, according to the official company website, is B: The founder's lucky number.  :-\\ Gosh darn it! But you know what, it was a free guess; nothing to lose, and you have $25,000! Therefore, your current total winnings come to:

$25,200

Congratulations!

Now, I need another contestant to take on another set of 15 questions. Who's up?

oh well it was fun while it lasted thanks Josh!

Check for new replies or respond here...