inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Album Cover Quiz... CLUES ADDED

Written By: Doc Brown on 10/23/10 at 3:58 pm

This was a good idea once, and I'm happy to try it for myself, so let's see what you guys can do with it.
Limit: 3 I'd like artist and title, and all came out between 1975 and 2010. Have fun!

Score: Frank - 1, WD - 2, mistress - 1, maddog - 2, nicki - 1.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

1. Four men waiting in the baggage claim area of an airport.
mistress - U2, All That You Can't Leave Behind

2. A brunette and blonde in medieval garb pose for a picture at a renaissance fair.
maddog - Heart, Little Queen (I prefer Nancy Wilson, but Well Done! ;))

3. Man in a white shirt leans on his right hand, while tossing a globe in the air with his left. (1988)

4. Man poised to throw a rock through the picture window of a large building.
Frank - Billy Joel, Glass Houses

5. Purple watercolor silhouette of a boy, standing on a hill, watching a bird land on a man's raised hand, yellow sky. (1991)

6. Sweaty faces of two men stare at each other before a red background.
WD - Hall & Oates, H2O

7. Man sits in the unpaved road of a village, leaning against a stone wall, a white horse walks behind him. (1993)

8. Cubist-looking picture of a huge spiky-haired man in red and silver clothes, stepping over an ocean.
maddog - Rod Stewart, Atlantic Crossing

9. Four blue-tinted face shots, obscured by digital red plus-marks, showing only eyes, nose and mouth.
nicki - Talking Heads, Remain In Light

10. Brown compass rose on an expanse of parchment. (1977)

11. Homeless man sleeps on a radiator cover, skyscrapers above him mutate into heads of animals. (1976)

12. Light blue eyes stare out of a dark blue space helmet, silver ear and mouth pieces, adorned by sideways 8 and radio dial. (1983)

13. Elephants, cranes and alligators wallow in and by a lake at a huge jungle's edge.
WD - Fleetwood Mac, Tango In The Night

14. Red rumpled sheet holds a bronze ring, shaped like a snake with a bird's head, swallowing its own tail. (1985)

15. Sepia-toned, the setting sun illuminates a large sand dune. (2007)

Subject: Re: New Album Cover Quiz...

Written By: Frank on 10/23/10 at 4:32 pm

This was a good idea once, and I'm happy to try it for myself, so let's see what you guys can do with it.
Limit: 3 I'd like artist and title, and all came out between 1975 and 2010. Have fun!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

1. Black & white, four men waiting in the baggage claim area of an airport.

2. A brunette and blonde in medeval garb pose for a picture at a renaissance fair.

3. Black & white, a man in a white shirt leans on his right hand, while tossing a globe in the air with his left.

4. Man poised to throw a rock through the picture window of a large building.

5. Purple watercolor silhouette of a boy, standing on a hill, watching a bird land on a man's raised hand, yellow sky.

6. Sweaty faces of two men stare at each other before a red background.

7. Man sits in the unpaved road of a village, leaning against a stone wall, a white horse walks behind him.

8. Cubist-looking picture of a huge spiky-haired man in red and silver clothes, stepping over an ocean.

9. Four blue-tinted head shots, with faces obscured by digital red plus-marks, showing only eyes, nose and mouth.

10. Brown compass rose on an expanse of parchment.

11. Homeless man sleeps on a radiator cover, skyscrapers above him mutate into heads of animals.

12. Light blue eyes stare out of a dark blue space helmet, silver ear and mouth pieces, adorned by sideways 8 and radio dial.

13. Elephants, cranes and alligators wallow in and by a lake at a huge jungle's edge.

14. Red rumpled sheet holds a bronze ring, shaped like a snake with a bird's head, swallowing its own tail.

15. Sepia-toned, the setting sun illuminates a large sand dune.

2. Fleetwood mac - Rumours?
4. Glass Houses - Billy Joel

Written By: whistledog on 10/24/10 at 7:35 pm

6 is H20, though the actual LP version just shows sweat on skin.  The CD cover uses Hall and Oates, which I do believe is the reverse of the LP.  If you look at it long enough, you can see a vase :D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/24/10 at 11:26 pm

1. U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind

Written By: maddog on 10/27/10 at 7:38 pm

I think #8 must be "Atlantic Crossing" by Rod Stewart.

Written By: maddog on 10/28/10 at 6:46 am

...and #2 must be "Little Queen" by Heart. I think Ann Wilson looks great on that album cover.

Subject: Re: New Album Cover Quiz... CLUES ADDED

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 01/26/11 at 9:37 pm

9. Talking Heads, "Remain In Light"

: )

Written By: whistledog on 02/04/11 at 10:07 pm

#12 - Kilroy Was Here - Styx ?
#13 - Tango in the Night - Fleetwood Mac (I knew this one without knowing the year)

Written By: Doc Brown on 03/17/12 at 1:32 pm

Nobody knows any of the others? ??? Should I add more clues?

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Check for new replies or respond here...