inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Movie Spoilers IV: The Quest For Peace (GAME OVER)

Written By: whistledog on 01/28/12 at 8:34 pm

Remember that movie 'The Sixth Sense' where Bruce Willis finds out he was dead the whole time?  No?  Well, glad I could spoil it for you.  Allow me to ruin a few others :P

As a bonus for this quiz, the last 5 are TV show plots.  Tell me what TV show it is from

Loki = 3 | Lorac = 3 | Dagny = 1 | Snoz = 5 | Henk = 2 | karen = 1 | Bookmistress = 4 | Indy Gent = 3 | Ash = 1 | Doc = 11

MOVIES
01 | The married man was lured into Adultry by his neighbour, but he never killed his neighbour's wife.  He was framed as part of an Insurance scam, but gets revenge in the end by killing his neighbour and clearing his name
02 | The waitress who travels to California only to discover her favourite TV show is in fact a TV show, ends up with a recurring role on said TV show Nurse Betty
03 | The time machine creator who is wanted by the FBI, left himself several items before his memory was erased, which helps him remember who he is, and allows him to destroy his creation, but not before using it to predict a lottery win Paycheck
04 | The sniper only wanted the publicist to admit to his wife, that he was having an affair with an up and coming actress.  The sniper gets away, and leaves the Pizza Man to blame, who is killed Phone Booth
05 | The man obsessed with finding his missing girlfriend years after her passing, finds and confronts the killer and learns that she was buried alive, just as he is, after he agrees to let the killer show him what happened to her The Vanishing (1992)
06 | An Army general, who lost it in the war, is killed by a soldier, who is killed by said general.  Both are revived as weapons, programmed to have no emotion, until the soldier remembers the past, prompting the army general to also remember, leading to a deadly showdown where the Army general is killed Universal Soldier
07 | The hostage talker is innocent.  He was framed by a corrupt police commander who is embezzling from the police retirement fund The Negotiator
08 | The one eyed hero finds the Black box that contains the remote for a satellite defense system, and uses it to shut down the world by disabling all electronic devices Escape From L.A.
09 | The lawyer on the run realizes he holds proof of a political assassination involving NSA officers and the death of a US congressman and uses it to trick the NSA and the Mob into a shoot-out Enemy of the State
10 | The hated woman who drives off a cliff into the river was actually killed by her husband, but he never actually had anything to do with her death:  In an attempt to kill his business partner, the Police chief's future son-in-law cuts the brakes on his car, only to be secretly noticed by said husband who forces his wife to use the car Drowning Mona
11 | The creator of the game is having players killed (by staging accidents) to boost TV ratings.  When one player realizes this, he stops the game, chases down the creator and kills him before he was next on the list to be killed
12 | A celebrity tracks down the photographers who caused him to have a near fatal car crash, and kills them all except for one, whom he sets up to take the fall for the final murder Paparazzi
13 | The leader of the 60s rock and roll band never died when his car drove off the causeway.  He faked his own death to avoid the pressures of the music business Eddie and the Cruisers
14 | The man searching for his clone discovers he was the clone the whole time, and with the help of the real him, destroys the cloning centre The 6th Day
15 | The digital actress becomes a bigger star than her creator can handle, so he dumps her program into the Ocean, only to be seen doing this, and is thus accused of her murder.  He is released when his ex-wife and daughter find her remains and resurrect her to show the world she is not dead S1m0ne
16 | A killer who is set free due to a legal technicality, is tailed by the distraught mother of the girl he killed, and ends up ransacking his place, leaving evidence that will let him know it was her.  When he shows up at her place, she plants a dummy to mislead him and ends up killing him, making it look like self defense Eye For an Eye
17 | The private investigator discovers the snuff film is real, and kills everyone who was involved in making it 8MM
18 | A millionaire owner of a chemical company blames the death of his mother on the local televangelist, and plans to turn his theme park into a toxic waste dump.  The newspaper reporter who inherited a mansion figures this out, which leads the the millionaire being shot by FBI agents on the televangelist's TV show Fletch Lives
19 | After an international criminal offers a million dollars to anyone who will release him, everyone tries to thwart the police, including the one cop's disgraced ex-partner along with a current team member.  The ex-partner is caught and killed, and the current team member kills himself over guilt of betraying the team S.W.A.T.
20 | The racecar driver who was zapped into the future seconds before his crash, learns that his ex-girlfriend's boss in the future needed his body and also discovers that the boss's number 2 man had plotted to take over the company Freejack
21 | The eyewitness art dealer who saw the the killer kill his last victim, is the killer, and disappears leaving the FBI agent with the knowledge that she had an affair with him.  She ends up faking her pregnancy with his supposed twins so she can lure him back and kill him Taking Lives
22 | The hero realizes the leader of the Army Special Forces Unit is in cahoots with the terrorist when the guns they fire at him shoot blanks.  He ends up killing all terrorists involved, and successfully helps land the airplane, saving all the people including his wife Die Hard 2: Die Harder
23 | The woman claiming her innocence is sent to jail for murdering her husband.  When she discovers he is still alive, she breaks parole to track him down after learning that since she already went to jail for his death, she can legally kill him and does Double Jeopardy
24 | The Doctor blamed for killing his wife reveals that his best friend and Doctor hired a disabled man to kill him and his wife to cover up medical fraud The Fugitive (1993)
25 | The man's ongoing suspicions help overcome his fear of the sea, and he soon learns that his whole life was not real The Truman Show

TV SHOWS
26 | The Nurse becomes a vigilante and kills the drug addicted doctor who raped her friend St. Elsewhere
27 | The town and townspeople were not real.  It was all in the dreams of a psychiatrist Newhart
28 | The cheating husband discovers his wife is having an affair with a tennis pro, and kills him only to learn that it was the estranged son of his brother-in-law Soap
29 | The In-Crowd wannabe's best friend comes back from summer break an obsessed fan of country music and guns.  During his birthday party, he twirls a loaded gun and accidentally kills himself Beverly Hills, 90210
30 | The snobby psychiatrist finally wins over the affections for the British nanny when his brother accidentally reveals his love for her Frasier

Subject: Re: Movie Spoilers IV: The Quest For Peace

Written By: loki 13 on 01/28/12 at 8:53 pm

#13...Eddie And The Cruisers?

#20...Freejack?

#23...Double Jeopardy?

Written By: whistledog on 01/28/12 at 9:18 pm

#13...Eddie And The Cruisers?

#20...Freejack?

#23...Double Jeopardy?

Those three are correct Kevin :)

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/28/12 at 9:23 pm

This all I can think of right now...

#15 Simone (S1m0ne)?

Written By: Dagwood on 01/28/12 at 9:44 pm

#25 The Truman Show

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/28/12 at 10:23 pm

I like these quizzes.  :)

I had time to think...

#17 8MM?

#27 Newhart?

Written By: snozberries on 01/29/12 at 12:00 am

29 Beverly Hills 90210

Written By: snozberries on 01/29/12 at 12:01 am

2 Nurse Betty?

Written By: snozberries on 01/29/12 at 12:03 am

5 is The Vanishing

Written By: Henk on 01/29/12 at 9:59 am

Is #7 The Negotiator..?  ??? I seem to recall a movie by that title.

#22 wouldn't happen to be Airforce One now, would it?  :-\\ Never actually seen it.

And dang... I've seen #18, but can't think of the title. :(

Written By: karen on 01/29/12 at 10:24 am

30 is Frasier

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/29/12 at 10:51 am

4. Phonebooth

08. Escape from L. A. (or Escape from New York)?  I always get those two confused.  :-\\

14. The Island?

Awesome (sequel) quiz, Mr. Dog

Written By: whistledog on 01/29/12 at 1:07 pm

This all I can think of right now...

#15 Simone (S1m0ne)?

I like these quizzes.  :)

I had time to think...

#17 8MM?

#27 Newhart?

3 for 3 :)

#25 The Truman Show

This one is correct :)

29 Beverly Hills 90210
2 Nurse Betty?
5 is The Vanishing

3 for 3 :)

Is #7 The Negotiator..?  ??? I seem to recall a movie by that title.

#22 wouldn't happen to be Airforce One now, would it?  :-\\ Never actually seen it.

#7 is correct.  #22, a good guess, but no.

30 is Frasier

Yes

4. Phonebooth

08. Escape from L. A. (or Escape from New York)?  I always get those two confused.  :-\\

14. The Island?

Awesome (sequel) quiz, Mr. Dog

A good guess on #14, but not the one I seek.  The other two are correct though :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/29/12 at 3:54 pm

6. Universal Soldier
16. Eye For An Eye
28. Soap

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/29/12 at 4:40 pm

Is 12 Paparazzi?

Written By: whistledog on 01/29/12 at 6:44 pm

6. Universal Soldier
16. Eye For An Eye
28. Soap

These three are correct answers! :)

Written By: whistledog on 01/29/12 at 6:55 pm

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2739/paparazzie.jpg

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/29/12 at 9:24 pm

14. The sixth Day

Written By: whistledog on 01/29/12 at 9:26 pm

14. The sixth Day

That is the one

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/30/12 at 7:40 pm

That is the one

Yay!  I think that puts me up to the limit of three points/guesses now.

Written By: whistledog on 01/30/12 at 8:49 pm

Yay!  I think that puts me up to the limit of three points/guesses now.

That it does.  You are tied with several others for the lead

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/01/12 at 6:39 am

Thank ye for correcting my score...

Written By: Doc Brown on 02/01/12 at 9:00 pm

XLNT as usual, whistle!

9 - Enemy of the State
19 - S.W.A.T
24 - The Fugitive

Lift that limit soon!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Subject: Re: Movie Spoilers IV: The Quest For Peace (LIMIT NOW 4)

Written By: whistledog on 02/02/12 at 5:04 pm

XLNT as usual, whistle!

9 - Enemy of the State
19 - S.W.A.T
24 - The Fugitive

Lift that limit soon!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

A correct trio of answers Doc, and as for that limit, how about I lift it now :)

LIMIT was 3, now is 4

Written By: snozberries on 02/02/12 at 9:02 pm

Is 21 Taking Lives?

Written By: whistledog on 02/02/12 at 9:14 pm

Is 21 Taking Lives?

Yes it is, which puts you in the lead :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/02/12 at 9:16 pm

26. St. Elsewhere?

Written By: whistledog on 02/02/12 at 9:34 pm

26. St. Elsewhere?

It is indeed.  One of the most thrilling plots in an 80s drama series.

4 out of 4 Patty :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/02/12 at 9:36 pm

It is indeed.  One of the most thrilling plots in an 80s drama series.

4 out of 4 Patty :)

Still liked the bit about the hospital being in a snow globe, and kinda implied that it was imagined by Dr. Rosenthal's autistic son.

Written By: Doc Brown on 02/02/12 at 10:26 pm

as for that limit, how about I lift it now :)

LIMIT was 3, now is 4

In that case, #22 is "Die Harder"

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: whistledog on 02/03/12 at 9:28 am

Still liked the bit about the hospital being in a snow globe, and kinda implied that it was imagined by Dr. Rosenthal's autistic son.

That was pretty good.

In that case, #22 is "Die Harder"

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

This is correct, giving you 4 for 4 Doc! :)

Written By: Henk on 02/05/12 at 12:49 am

I think I know it... is it Fletch Lives..?

Written By: whistledog on 02/06/12 at 10:36 am

I think I know it... is it Fletch Lives..?

Indeed it is!  That gives you 2 out of 4 :)

Subject: Re: Movie Spoilers IV: The Quest For Peace (LIMIT REMOVED)

Written By: whistledog on 02/06/12 at 8:12 pm

Did you ever see Bye Bye Birdie?  If not, now you can see Bye Bye Limit!

Who will win this quiz?  One way to find out.  Post away ...

Written By: snozberries on 02/06/12 at 8:21 pm

Is #10 that movie with Bette Midler and the Yugo? Drowning Mona I think it was called...

11 sounds like Stay Alive w/ Frankie Muniz

Written By: Doc Brown on 02/06/12 at 8:48 pm

Did you ever see Bye Bye Birdie?  If not, now you can see Bye Bye Limit!

Who will win this quiz?  One way to find out.  Post away ...

Thank you! I think #3 is "Paycheck".

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: whistledog on 02/06/12 at 10:42 pm

Is #10 that movie with Bette Midler and the Yugo? Drowning Mona I think it was called...

11 sounds like Stay Alive w/ Frankie Muniz

#10 is correct.  #11 is not unfortunately.

Thank you! I think #3 is "Paycheck".

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Paycheck is correct, which ties you in 1st with Snoz

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/06/12 at 11:31 pm

11 was driving me nuts!  I know hubby and I saw it... Finally... The Condemned (I think?)

Written By: whistledog on 02/07/12 at 1:01 am

11 was driving me nuts!  I know hubby and I saw it... Finally... The Condemned (I think?)

The Condemned is a good guess, but no

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/07/12 at 4:00 am

What about that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie with Richard Dawson?  Running man?

Written By: whistledog on 02/07/12 at 9:11 am

What about that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie with Richard Dawson?  Running man?

Another good guess, but no

Subject: Re: Movie Spoilers IV: The Quest For Peace (BONUS QUESTION FOR THE WIN)

Written By: whistledog on 02/08/12 at 6:03 pm

No one got the last 2, so I will reveal the final two answers

#1 is Consenting Adults
#11 is the 2002 version of Rollerball

Because no one won this quiz (3 tied for first place), I will do something a little different.  I will add 1 bonus movie spoiler.  This is worth 6 points, which means whoever gets it correct will win this quiz

BONUS:  The school bully is a rapist, and gets knocked out by the geek who finally stood up for himself when the bully went too far with the girl the geek liked

Subject: Re: Movie Spoilers IV: The Quest For Peace (BONUS QUESTION FOR THE WIN)

Written By: Doc Brown on 02/09/12 at 11:29 am

No one got the last 2, so I will reveal the final two answers

#1 is Consenting Adults
#11 is the 2002 version of Rollerball

Because no one won this quiz (3 tied for first place), I will do something a little different.  I will add 1 bonus movie spoiler.  This is worth 6 points, which means whoever gets it correct will win this quiz

BONUS:  The school bully is a rapist, and gets knocked out by the geek who finally stood up for himself when the bully went too far with the girl the geek liked

GREAT SCOTT!
Who could possibly get this faster than me?
BACK TO THE FUTURE
George McFly flattens the evil Biff Tannen with one punch to the jaw, saving his beloved Lorraine.

Your Pal,
Doc Brown

8)

Written By: whistledog on 02/09/12 at 3:56 pm

GREAT SCOTT!
Who could possibly get this faster than me?
BACK TO THE FUTURE
George McFly flattens the evil Biff Tannen with one punch to the jaw, saving his beloved Lorraine.

Your Pal,
Doc Brown

8)

Dang.  I thought it would be harder than that.  All the years I watched BTTF, it never really occured to me that Biff was essentially a rapist, so I thought it would make a difficult spoiler, but you got it Doc.  You have won this quiz! :)

Written By: Doc Brown on 02/09/12 at 6:10 pm

Dang.  I thought it would be harder than that.  All the years I watched BTTF, it never really occured to me that Biff was essentially a rapist, so I thought it would make a difficult spoiler, but you got it Doc.  You have won this quiz! :)

Well, technically Biff was attempting to rape Lorraine, and would have probably wound up a convicted felon if George hadn't stopped him. Could explain why 30 years later, he was still at George's beck & call.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Check for new replies or respond here...