inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rate This Software

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/21/04 at 1:13 pm

Scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best...

and feel free to give a reason why

Subject: Re: Rate This Software

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/21/04 at 1:26 pm

10.  I like it :)

There are probably other cool features like birthday announcements and member map pins in this version of the software too if you're interested in implementing them somewhere down the line.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/21/04 at 2:07 pm

10.  I like it :)

There are probably other cool features like birthday announcements and member map pins in this version of the software too if you're interested in implementing them somewhere down the line.

I'm not sure about the member map pins, but I know the birthday thing is in there, along with a calandar for scheduling events.  I added a third party package for a question/answer thing, but since the software is still beta and probably going to need to be updated frequently for a few more months, I didn't feel comfortable adding it just yet.

There's a lot of stuff in here I don't even know about yet.  There's also a few things I don't like, like the report post function (doesn't work like I'd want it to).  There's a few bugs, but at this point I get the feeling the authors are just adding more features instead of trying to lock down the release and call it official.

Written By: nally on 04/21/04 at 3:33 pm

I'll have to say 9.

By the way, if we want to post our own list of things to rate, can we rate from 1 to 5 like we used to? I'm just wondering.  :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/21/04 at 3:39 pm

I'll have to say 9.

By the way, if we want to post our own list of things to rate, can we rate from 1 to 5 like we used to? I'm just wondering.  :)

no, it has to be 1 to 7 from now on...

I kid, I kid... I didn't realize there was any fixed number in place, I don't check out the ranking threads too often

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/21/04 at 3:40 pm

I'm gonna have to go with 9.5.
I would give it a 10 but Blue and gray are not among my fave colors.
Everything else is great, Chuck. Thanks!

Written By: nally on 04/21/04 at 3:41 pm

I'll have to say 9.

no, it has to be 1 to 7 from now on...

I kid, I kid... I didn't realize there was any fixed number in place, I don't check out the ranking threads too often

Okay... but I notice that most of the time, everyone was rating from 1 to 5, or 0 if they just didn't like something. Thank you!  ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/21/04 at 3:58 pm

I'm gonna have to go with 9.5.
I would give it a 10 but Blue and gray are not among my fave colors.
Everything else is great, Chuck. Thanks!

the themes can be adjusted by users... I just don't have any additional themes installed.  Maybe in a few weeks you can look at it in green and orange

Written By: Fallen Angel on 04/21/04 at 7:39 pm

Very nice! I give it a 10,as well. :)

Written By: Fred on 04/21/04 at 7:52 pm

10, because it looks very modern. Unlike the old messageboard, which was too 90s.  :P

Written By: woops on 04/21/04 at 8:18 pm

A "10" because it looks better than the previous board. I'll agree with Fred that it looks modern.

Written By: MLB on 04/21/04 at 9:50 pm

9  Can we change the institutional gray on our screens or is it in the program we all see the same thing? I lilke the contrasting reply boxes in purple tho', that's great for changing up the gray.

Written By: NbC on 04/22/04 at 1:48 am

the themes can be adjusted by users... I just don't have any additional themes installed.  Maybe in a few weeks you can look at it in green and orange

Green and Orange.  :-\  ??? hmmmm...the grey and blue is good then.  LOL!!!

I give your new board a 10.  It loads faster and a like the new features. 

Written By: Bobo on 04/22/04 at 1:53 am

This software seems schweet.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of new styles are available! It will be interesting to see what alternate colour schemes we can apply!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/22/04 at 2:16 am

I am very pleased with the new board, Chucky!  I'll give it a 10!  Gray is not my favorite color, but combined with the nice lavender 'reply' boxes it's easy on the eyes.  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/22/04 at 10:57 am

As of now, I will a 9. But I don't know all the "stuff" we can do just yet. I don't care too much for the new smiley faces. But, as I said before I do like the spell check (hopefully you can get the kinks out of it) But, I don't like the fact that I lost all my PMs from the old board.  :'(

Cat

Written By: SmithsGirl on 04/22/04 at 2:13 pm

It's a 10 to me Chucky. Because without this we would have nothing  :)

SmithsGirl

Written By: Marian on 04/22/04 at 2:28 pm

I would rate this a 10.Where do you find the member rankings9what they mean0/Cheers!

Written By: Lanie on 04/25/04 at 10:30 pm

I definitely give it a 10!  ;D :D

Subject: Rate This Software

Written By: Dude111 on 06/16/20 at 11:26 pm

With how crappy everything is getting now??

I would say 10+ to this software.....

Its fast and runs perfectly on ANY BROWSER (Im on IE6 and its fast as anything)

SMF 2.x for the win!!