inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Family Feud Hosts

Written By: eightiesfan on 05/10/04 at 7:41 am

Although I'm probably in the minority on this one, I would vote for Ray Combs because I thought he was much funnier than Richard Dawson.

Subject: Re: Family Feud Hosts

Written By: nally on 05/10/04 at 12:28 pm

It's a toss-up between Dawson and Combs. I didn't much care for Louie Anderson, although he was okay. :-\\ Richard Karn is good too.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/10/04 at 1:18 pm

My favorite host of Family Feud will always be Richard Dawson.  I didn't care for him kissing every female who appeared on that show, but I liked the way he brought out the enthusiasm in everyone.  :)

Written By: Lanie on 05/10/04 at 10:17 pm

My favorite host of Family Feud will always be Richard Dawson.  I didn't care for him kissing every female who appeared on that show, but I liked the way he brought out the enthusiasm in everyone.  :)

I agree. he was my favorite as well. :)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/11/04 at 12:09 am

Richard Dawson!!!!! I hated his voice (he obviously lost his accent!), but he had kind of a corny sense of humour. I also loved that he would try and get the contestants on both sides to be friendly to each other, no matter what race they were.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rush on 05/11/04 at 6:58 pm

Richard Dawson for me!

Written By: Marian on 05/26/04 at 8:07 pm

:DRichard dawson,though I think all of them are pretty funny.The host of the Spanish-language version is pretty cool,too.Cheers!

Written By: Jennifer2776 on 06/14/04 at 12:01 am

Richard Dawson for me!

Written By: AL-B on 06/26/04 at 6:20 pm

Richard Dawson. I thought it was funny how he had to make out with every female contestant on the show. Plus, after he left the show, whenever one of his successors would yell out "SUR-VEY SAYS!" it just didn't sound right.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/25/04 at 2:31 am

Dawson, although Kombs was good too!

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/25/04 at 2:32 am

Richard Dawson

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/12/04 at 11:13 pm

Ray Combs was depressed and died but he never let that depression effect his acting on the show....but Dawson was a drunk who was kinda perverted....kissing all those women from 90 to 20...kinda acted like Joe Namath who embarrassed himself last year by being drunk during a halftime interview with Suzy Kulver...by saying "I wanna kiss you".... :-[ ::)

Written By: joedeertae on 09/15/04 at 7:06 am

I picked Richard Dawson. I just seemed to be a better game show w/ him hosting it.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/10/04 at 5:47 pm

Richard Dawson, although I didn't like him after his Match Game feud with Gene Rayburn. Gene's attitude also left little to be desired. :(

Written By: whistledog on 10/01/05 at 6:54 pm

Ray Combs was the best!  I really miss him  :\'(

I'm not a real big fan of the New Family Feud.  I miss the blue set with the lightbulbs, and those egg shaped doors that would open, and you'd see the family sitting in a still pose.  That was so cool  8)

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 10/02/05 at 1:30 pm

Richard Dawson ;)

Written By: whitewolf on 10/02/05 at 1:42 pm

Richard Dawson

Written By: Southern Image on 10/03/05 at 11:51 am

I voted for Louie Anderson. He is funny to me.  ;D

Written By: Dude111 on 06/16/20 at 11:43 pm

Richard Dawson -- After he left the show went to crap......

Written By: Howard on 06/17/20 at 2:58 pm

Richard Dawson -- After he left the show went to crap......

Richard Dawson was my favorite too.

Written By: Dude111 on 06/17/20 at 3:47 pm

Can you believe what they did to the show after he left?? (Taking the walls out and having the audience right there for one)

Totally disgusting....

Written By: whistledog on 06/17/20 at 4:08 pm

Ray Combs still gets my vote.  Family Feud circa 1988-1994 was one of my favourite shows.  I can still remember when they brought back Richard Dawson for the '94 season, they jazzed up the theme, changed the set and I was not a fan.  I eventually warmed up to it, but by that time, it was nearing cancellation

We now have Family Feud Canada.  The host is a comedian named Gerry Dee and he does a really good job.  There was an episode that had an answer that went viral …

UvrwPEgHq_A

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/13/20 at 12:02 am

Though I miss the originals with Richard Dawson, my favorite host is Steve Harvey. He never fails to crack me up.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/13/20 at 1:56 pm

I would say Richard Dawson followed by Steve Harvey.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 11/16/22 at 2:46 pm

Richard Karn

Check for new replies or respond here...