inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: RT: Pink songs

Written By: Chrisrj on 02/28/05 at 3:32 am

What I mean is, when you listen to a song, they sometimes give off a colorful vibe:

Red = anger
orange = wild/fun
yellow = sunshine (mostly oldies)
green = new age?
blue = sad
purple = intimate?
brown = rustic? (or jazz?)
black = dark
gray = mystery
white = spiritual
pink = girly pop/guilty pleasures

So, rate these pink songs:

Lollipop (Chordettes)
My Boyfriend's Back (The Angels)
Close to You (Carpenters)
Mickey (Toni Basil)
Barbie Girl (Aqua)
Breathless (The Corrs)

:)

Subject: Re: RT: Pink songs

Written By: nally on 02/28/05 at 10:31 am

Interesting... I never think of it this way

Lollipop (Chordettes) 4
My Boyfriend's Back (The Angels) 3
Close to You (Carpenters) 3
Mickey (Toni Basil) 5
Barbie Girl (Aqua) 0
Breathless (The Corrs) 5

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/28/05 at 11:06 am

Lollipop (Chordettes)...3
My Boyfriend's Back (The Angels)..5
Close to You (Carpenters)...3
Mickey (Toni Basil)...5
Barbie Girl (Aqua)...2
Breathless (The Corrs)...4

Tanya

Written By: Chrisrj on 02/28/05 at 7:03 pm

Interesting... I never think of it this way

Yeah, I have a lot of time on my hands... :P

Feel free to add songs you think might be 'pink' :D

Written By: MLB on 03/07/05 at 5:23 pm

Lollipop --no score. It ANNOYS me on principle with the smack noise in the middle and at the end.
My boyfriend's back-- 3.5  a redemption song of sorts.  Things go wrong and the boy comes home to "rescue" her. a happy 3 minutes of saying, "I told you so".
  Close to you---3.5  ah, yes, to be young and in love in the good ole 70's(?)  I think they taught this one to us in elementary school for sing along time...everyone would get together int he cafeteria first thru 4th grade with the music lady and we all would sing along to whatever she selected. 
Mickey--3.5  Well, it certainly gave her career a boost and I wouldn't deny I can sing it and it's catchy and all that but I am now at a point where I have to be in a good mood to hear it.

Barbie Girl--3 They get a thumbs up for trying real hard.  But it's a silly dance -tune- nothing as far as I'm concerned.
Breathless--4 I think the Corrs have great harmony. And their style of singing is great when you don't want to rock or be seriously down and moping about.
But I don't think of this as a "pink" song actually.  It's a lovesong with a "dance" beat.

ALL Go-go's songs are orange for fun but they are so "girly" that they should be simultaneously pink also.  So maybe you need a separate color of maybe salmon 4  That orange and pink together.

Check for new replies or respond here...