inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rate These Big US-Canadian Cities

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/13/05 at 8:45 pm

At least those you've been in before:
Atlanta
Baltimore
Boston
Charlotte
Chicago
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Dallas-Ft. Worth
Denver
Detroit
Honolulu
Houston
Indianapolis
Kansas City
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Miami
Milwaukee
Minneapolis-St. Paul
Montreal
New York City
New Orleans
Orlando
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Phoenix
San Antonio
San Diego
San Francisco
St. Louis
Seattle
Tampa
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington, DC

Subject: Re: Rate These Big US-Canadian Cities

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/13/05 at 9:25 pm

Atlanta
Baltimore
Boston
Charlotte
Chicago
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Dallas-Ft. Worth
Denver
Detroit
Honolulu
Houston
Indianapolis
Kansas City
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Miami
Milwaukee
Minneapolis-St. Paul
Montreal
New York City
New Orleans
Orlando
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Phoenix
San Antonio
San Diego
San Francisco
St. Louis
Seattle
Tampa
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington, DC

Quick 2 cents here, Kansas City is  A DUMP!

Out of the rest of them.. i have been to, Atlanta, Chicago, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Miami, New York, Orlando, Pittsburgh and Tampa and found them all more agreeable than Kansas City.. of course in most of them i was just in nice touristy areas or visting friends and family who know the nice areas.

Of course i live in St Louis which automatically gives it a 10 out of 10  ;D

Written By: iam4iu42 on 07/14/05 at 5:34 pm

(out of 5)

Atlanta - 4
Baltimore - 3
Boston - 2.5
Charlotte - 3
Chicago - 4.5
Cincinnati - 2
Cleveland - 2.5
Dallas - 4
Denver - 4
Detroit - 1.5
Honolulu - dunno
Houston - 0
Indy - 5 :)
KC - 2
Las Vegas - 3
LA - 3.5
Miami - 3.5
Milwaukee - dunno
Minneapolis - 3
Montreal - dunno
NYC - 4
New Orleans - dunno
Orlando - 4
Philly - 2
Pittsburgh - 2
Phoenix - 4
San Antonio - 3
San Diego - 3.5
San Francisco - 4
St. Louis - 3
Seattle - dunno
Tampa - dunno
Toronto - dunno
Vancouver - dunno
Washington, DC - 3

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/09/05 at 2:43 pm

Atlanta..4 (lived here for almost four years, not bad, may move back)
Baltimore...3
Boston...3
Charlotte...3
Chicago..3
Houston...2
Las Vegas...4 (cool)
Los Angeles...3 (a bit overrated, I live here now)
New York City...5
New Orleans..3
Orlando...4
Philadelphia....5 (It's my hometown!)
Phoenix..3
San Diego..4
San Francisco
Toronto...4
Washington, DC...2 (imagine a city where the government's placed and squalor not far from it)

Written By: jackas on 08/17/05 at 7:39 pm

Atlanta  4
Boston  4
Dallas-Ft. Worth 4
Las Vegas  5
Los Angeles 4
New Orleans 3
Phoenix 5
San Diego 5
San Francisco  3
Seattle  4
Tampa 1
Vancouver 3

Written By: Jewel on 12/07/05 at 1:31 am

Baltimore----3.5  It has a bit of a bad rep, but I love the sea. The inner harbour's nice

Boston---haven't been there, but would like to visit someday even though it seems a little stuffy.

Chicago----haven't been there, but would like to visit. I've been to the airport only, but the people there seem quite congenial.

Las Vegas-----------3.25 Fun but couldn't live there. Also really don't like the heat.

Los Angeles--------3  Would score lower points if it weren't by the Pacific. Must be in the top 5 for the cities with the rudest people in the world, and all those "hot" Hollywood celebs don't help the situation. Saw enouigh of the attitude at the airport!

Miami--------haven't been there, but would like to visit once just for the hell of it.

New York City----------4.5 Love it!  :D Would score higher if they were a little nicer. But they still don't match up to LA's attitude. Also hear it gets really hot in the summer. In conclusion, would ABSOLUTELY love to visit again, but not sure if I could live there even though I think about it sometimes.

Orlando----------2.75 I'm sorry, but it's just plain tacky. I know Las Vegas is tacky as well, but I'm just not much of a cartoon person so I really don't want to see toonish signs/billboards all over the street.

Phoenix-------2.5  Don't like the desert too much.

San Francisco------Haven't been there, but would like to go even though it's in a major earthquake zone.

Tampa----------3

Toronto-----3.25 Have some mixed feelings about this city. It seems to try too hard to be New York City, which is pathetic. My Dad is originally from Mississauga, which I consider to be technically part of Toronto, and I would go there often to visit my grandparents before they moved out west so I've got a bit of a nostalgic connection to the city.

Vancouver--------3.25 Beautiful, but so many drug/crime problems. Nearby Victoria is definitely better even though it's soooo much smaller.

Washington, DC-------3.25 Interesting place, but the people there are rather pompous (New Yorkers actually seem friendlier), but yet it still does not quite compete with L.A.

Written By: whistledog on 12/13/05 at 8:40 pm

Toronto - 3 (Not too keen on big cities.  This one is crazy town LOL)
Montreal - 5 (I love Montreal.  Been there a few times)

Written By: McDonald on 01/08/06 at 10:20 am

Atlanta - been there many, but only to the airport
Chicago - been there, too young to remember
Cincinnati - Nice looking.
Cleveland - Only been to the bus station
Dallas-Ft. Worth - The metroplex has good and bad things about it. There's everything you need, but Dallas is both dangerous and full of pretentious, rich conservatives. Ft. Worth is better culturally, but there's less to do.

Houston - Huge city.
Miami - You could easily be here for three days and not hear a word of English spoken.
Montr

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/08/06 at 12:05 pm

Honolulu  4 (this is very near where I live!)
Los Angeles  1 (too big and noisy and polluted)
Miami  2
New York City  3
San Francisco  5

Vancouver  (this is my birthplace, but I can't really rate it because the only time I was here was when I was really, really young!)

Written By: Paul on 01/08/06 at 12:47 pm

Sadly, I've not been to any...yet!

But, not to be left out, we do have...

Boston, Denver, New York, Philadelphia, Toronto and Washington all located in the British Isles...

...the only one of those I've visited is Boston (and that was a while back!)

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 01/09/06 at 9:21 pm

Baltimore - Driving down to VA, stopped at Camden Yards 'cause we saw the Yankees were playing.  The ballpark was nice, but the rest of the city that I saw depressed me.

Boston - Been there a couple times, not for a long time.  Seemed like a nice place.

Montreal - Went as a teen and I didn't like it -- people seemed to have an attitude toward our American tour group.  I tried to use my high school French to ask someone where a rest room was and he laughed at me.

New York City - I live here.  I love it.  The only thing I really dislike is people who were born here and use that as an excuse for their rude, classless attitude.  The majority of native New Yorkers are not like that.

Philadelphia - passed thru it once, barely remember it

Tampa - I WOULD NEVER live there.  I went to this area to visit someone and encountered a trailer park where a guy had guns that he said he would take out if a black person so much as entered the trailer park.  He grilled me the best ribs I ever had, but that didn't change my opinion of him, or of the west coast of Florida.

Washington, DC - Not impressed.

Check for new replies or respond here...