inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Where is the place you would least likely want to be during an earthquake?

Written By: Marian on 11/21/07 at 2:04 pm

Just wondering if anyone else has ever thought of this,especially if you've never been through any type of natural rumble!

Subject: Re: Where is the place you would least likely want to be during an earthquake?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/21/07 at 2:15 pm

I've never had to experience this, as I live in an area that has never been affected by this type of natural disaster. However, I don't think that I would want to be naked in the shower...when it occurs. :D

Subject: Re: Where is the place you would least likely want to be during an earthquake?

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/07 at 3:03 pm

I chose toilet but then I thought Well itd be gross but I could just pull my pants up and run.. not much you can do in the shower... so I change my answer...

I've experienced a few quakes in Cali... they're not that bad if you aren't near the epi-center. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/21/07 at 3:26 pm

Other:

Somewhere else.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/21/07 at 3:37 pm

A ladder would suck. Being on a mountain where such a rumble causes a minor avalanche could suck too.

Written By: Marian on 11/21/07 at 3:37 pm

I chose toilet but then I thought Well itd be gross but I could just pull my pants up and run.. not much you can do in the shower... so I change my answer...

I've experienced a few quakes in Cali... they're not that bad if you aren't near the epi-center. 
That's what i was thinking because sometimes people forget to put their clothes back on if they're scared. :-[

Written By: Marian on 11/21/07 at 3:38 pm

A ladder would suck. Being on a mountain where such a rumble causes a minor avalanche could suck too.
I know.On some roads,you hate to be just there driving in normal conditions.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/21/07 at 4:21 pm

I chose the winding road on a mountain thingy. Just think of massive boulders crashing down on you and you're way on top. I don't like the thought of that at all. I'd much rather be in the comfort of my own home where at least if I'm showering I can grab a towel or if I'm on the pot I can pull my pants up, etc. I think it would be weird to be in a pool when it happens. In the 1989 Loma Preita Quake, our pool turned into a total tidal wave. It was eerie.

Written By: Marian on 11/24/07 at 2:13 pm

I chose the winding road on a mountain thingy. Just think of massive boulders crashing down on you and you're way on top. I don't like the thought of that at all. I'd much rather be in the comfort of my own home where at least if I'm showering I can grab a towel or if I'm on the pot I can pull my pants up, etc. I think it would be weird to be in a pool when it happens. In the 1989 Loma Preita Quake, our pool turned into a total tidal wave. It was eerie.
How old were you when that happened?

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/24/08 at 10:10 am

On the golden gate bridge

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/24/08 at 10:24 am

In the bath.

Written By: Jessica on 08/24/08 at 10:42 am

On the golden gate bridge

That is like one of the safest places to be.  Since it is a suspension bridge and is in the process of being retrofitted for earthquakes, I'd rather be there than, say, a tall building or in a place where bricks and debris can rain down on me.  The good ol' Golden Gate would just sway.  It's actually really fun to stand on it when it's windy. :D

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/24/08 at 10:45 am

That is like one of the safest places to be.  Since it is a suspension bridge and is in the process of being retrofitted for earthquakes, I'd rather be there than, say, a tall building or in a place where bricks and debris can rain down on me.  The good ol' Golden Gate would just sway.  It's actually really fun to stand on it when it's windy. :D

Oh I wasn't aware, I just remember it shaking in the past. So I guess the next answer would be pretty much anywhere around the San Andres Fault. Good song though!

Written By: snozberries on 08/24/08 at 11:08 am

yeah that's why it sustained virtually no damage while parts of the bay bridge collapsed during the Loma Prieta quake in 1989... remember that car falling into the gap? That was messed up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q0_Z-9839c

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/24/08 at 12:01 pm

yeah that's why it sustained virtually no damage while parts of the bay bridge collapsed during the Loma Prieta quake in 1989... remember that car falling into the gap? That was messed up.

Holy Crap....

Written By: whistledog on 08/24/08 at 6:40 pm

other:  On a plastic surgeon's operating table getting my penis enlarged :D

Written By: Jessica on 08/24/08 at 6:44 pm

Oh I wasn't aware, I just remember it shaking in the past. So I guess the next answer would be pretty much anywhere around the San Andres Fault. Good song though!

Yeah, it does shake a bit, especially when the wind kicks up.  I think it has only been closed a couple of times though because it was too windy.

Oh yeah, I remember that.  That earthquake really sucked.  To this day, I can still remember the terror in my mom's eyes when she realized that it wasn't a freight train going by our house. :P

;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/25/08 at 6:21 am

Ouch!

Written By: ninny on 08/25/08 at 12:39 pm

My bed already shakes ;D :D

Check for new replies or respond here...