inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite NASCAR Driver

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/22/04 at 4:39 pm

His dad was always my favorite....and so it goes, since he died I am rooting for Dale Earnhardt Jr. :)

Subject: Re: Favorite NASCAR Driver

Written By: resinchaser on 04/22/04 at 6:02 pm

Drive the truck Dale!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/22/04 at 7:27 pm

TONY STEWART!!!

Written By: Kenlos on 04/22/04 at 7:41 pm

Mark Martin, been a fan since 88'.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/22/04 at 10:27 pm

Mark Martin, been a fan since 88'.
I admire your dedication ;)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/23/04 at 6:36 pm

Who was responsible for starting the "Jeff Gordon is gay"rumor? I heard it was Dale Earnhardt (Sr),is that true? I don't think Jeff is gay,I've seen him with a woman recently!!

Written By: tv on 04/24/04 at 6:31 pm

Rusty Wallace is my fave. Been a fan since the 1994 Brickyard 400.

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/26/04 at 7:47 pm

If any driver is gay, it's Dale, Jr. Jeff Gordon forever. :D
Okay scratch that, it's only the Dale, Jr. fringe fans that booed Gordon and threw beer at him that are homos. ;)

Who was responsible for starting the "Jeff Gordon is gay"rumor? I heard it was Dale Earnhardt (Sr),is that true? I don't think Jeff is gay,I've seen him with a woman recently!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/27/04 at 11:45 am

Okay scratch that, it's only the Dale, Jr. fringe fans that booed Gordon and threw beer at him that are homos. ;)

That's right, Indy.  Jr. showed class by congratulating Gordon on the win....it's those few fans that like to ruin it for everyone else :-\

Written By: Cheetara on 04/27/04 at 1:00 pm

I'm not much of a NASCAR fan but if I had to choose ... I'd go with Tony Stewart.  I've seen him drive...and he gets my vote. 

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/27/04 at 5:17 pm

There was NO excuse for those so-called 'fans' to act the way they did! That was just plain BAD MANNERS!And although Jeff Gordon is not my fave driver,I have tremendous RESPECT for someone who has won FOUR Winston Cups,against competition like the late Dale Earnhardt!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/27/04 at 5:51 pm

There was NO excuse for those so-called 'fans' to act the way they did! That was just plain BAD MANNERS!And although Jeff Gordon is not my fave driver,I have tremendous RESPECT for someone who has won FOUR Winston Cups,against competition like the late Dale Earnhardt!

All I meant was you can't blame the drivers for the actions of the fans....unless, of course, a driver urges them on.  I don't think Jr. did anything to make that happen....some fans are idiots >:(

Written By: jaytee on 04/27/04 at 6:06 pm

I have no idea what NASCAR is :-[  My husband Paul told me to vote for Mark Martin.

Written By: Kenlos on 04/27/04 at 8:29 pm

I have no idea what NASCAR is :-[  My husband Paul told me to vote for Mark Martin.

Thats because Mark Martin is the coolest.  :P

Written By: jgordon24 on 06/04/04 at 11:32 pm

Cale Yarlborogh

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/05/04 at 5:41 am

The late Dale Earnhardt was awesome.....Seven Winston Cups(tie with Richard Petty) and seventy-six wins...not too shabby!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/05/04 at 5:44 am

Dale Earnhardt was uneasy with stuff like computers.....but Dale Jr. is into computers and online gaming,bigtime.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/05/04 at 5:55 pm

NASCAR is, like, a buncha overpaid chauffeurs. Now THIS looks more high-risk :)
???Get a clue......NASCAR is somewhat dangerous....There have been drivers who have died because of crashes...Driving for 4-6 hours at speeds sometimes close to 200 MPH is not exactly a Sunday drive. And NASCAR drivers are NOT 'overpaid chauffers'....it takes 1)Skill 2)endurance 3)ability to make quick decisions on BOTH the driver's and crew chief's side..also a willingness to put one's personal life aside to do publicity stuff off the track(personal appearances,ads for NASCAR and team sponsors-endorsements are key to affording good equipment),TV appearances....and so on and so forth..Don't be so quick to say the life of a NASCAR driver is easy-it's NOT. :o

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/05/04 at 5:59 pm

NASCAR is, like, a buncha overpaid chauffeurs. Now THIS looks more high-risk :)
::) Hey,just outta curiousity...why do you have someone shooting a kitten as your avatar?Kinda sick,but I'm a cat owner,so I'm biased... :-X

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/05/04 at 6:26 pm

Good for you. I don't like cats. They shed and stink up people's houses of litterbox. The smell is sickening. I usually know when someone keeps a cat - or cats - in a house by the unpleasant aroma and cat hair on the owner's clothes.
Well then,don't go to places where cats and their owners live!

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/05/04 at 8:51 pm

Good for you. I don't like cats. They shed and stink up people's houses of litterbox. The smell is sickening. I usually know when someone keeps a cat - or cats - in a house by the unpleasant aroma and cat hair on the owner's clothes.

;D  I feel the same way!

FYI - Noone is shooting the kitty for real, it's a fake gun. ;)  See, the kitty has his paws up like someone just said, "hands up or I'll shoot".  Satire, that's all  :P

Written By: AL-B on 06/27/04 at 2:15 am

I always liked D*ck Trickle. :) (Why does this site automatically change the name "D*ck" to "dip"? "D*ck" doesn't always mean "penis." It's also a guy's name.)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/27/04 at 4:01 am

;D  I feel the same way!

FYI - Noone is shooting the kitty for real, it's a fake gun. ;)  See, the kitty has his paws up like someone just said, "hands up or I'll shoot".  Satire, that's all   :P
It's just that I have a cat who I love dearly...and I don't like catching cat haters' flak for having one! Or even just liking cats in general! Are DOGS perfect-NO! And yes I still like dogs too.

Check for new replies or respond here...