inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2004 NASCAR SEASON

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/22/04 at 4:41 pm

What do you think of this season so far....?

Subject: Re: 2004 NASCAR SEASON

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/25/04 at 11:21 am

Today is a big race from Talledega.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/25/04 at 4:45 pm

Great race...even though they say Gordon won ???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/01/04 at 1:12 pm

There's a race in California tomorrow...I remember one back in the 70's but forgot what it was called.... ???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/04/04 at 9:40 am

Gordon wins again....Wallace angry with Stewart....Earnhardt still leads the points race....hit the link below to read more!

http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomframe.jsp?query=Denver+Post&page=1&offset=1&result_url=redir%3Fsrc%3Dwebsearch%26requestId%3D1b7f78e3d57fb05f%26clickedItemRank%3D2%26userQuery%3DDenver%2BPost%26clickedItemURN%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.denverpost.com%252Fsports%252Fsports.htm%26invocationType%3D-%26fromPage%3DnsBrowserRoll%26amp%3BampTest%3D1&remove_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.denverpost.com%2Fsports%2Fsports.htm

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/17/04 at 9:42 am

Earnhardt Jr. won on Saturday to maintain the points lead :D

Written By: resinchaser on 05/17/04 at 1:24 pm

Earnhardt Jr. won on Saturday to maintain the points lead :D

And Tony Stewart is still pissing people off. This time it's Jeff Gordon.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/18/04 at 4:53 am

And Tony Stewart is still pissing people off. This time it's Jeff Gordon.
Jeff(pretty boy]Gordon just can't handle the fact that Tony Stewart speaks his mind when he thinks he's been wronged!! Tony is known for speaking out,but the #20 really is a caring person. He goes above and beyond the call when it comes to charities that deal with kids with autism and terminal illnesses,he has even set up a fund to help with expenses for injured drivers and their families! GO TONY!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/18/04 at 7:22 am

Jeff(pretty boy]Gordon just can't handle the fact that Tony Stewart speaks his mind when he thinks he's been wronged!! Tony is known for speaking out,but the #20 really is a caring person. He goes above and beyond the call when it comes to charities that deal with kids with autism and terminal illnesses,he has even set up a fund to help with expenses for injured drivers and their families! GO TONY!!
I heard that a bunch of the drivers have questioned Stewarts behavior lately...at least  he has a good friend in Dale Jr.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/18/04 at 7:55 pm

I heard that a bunch of the drivers have questioned Stewarts behavior lately...at least  he has a good friend in Dale Jr.
People said the same nasty stuff about Dale Earnhardt(Sr) when he was alive! Dale Earnhardt was aggressive on the race track,but that's what got him SEVEN championships and SEVENTY-SIX wins!Yep,Dale Earnhardt was a maniac,but a brilliant one! Have any doubts?Go to North Carolina and see the DEI(Dale Earnhardt Inc.)shop where the cars are built and maintained for Dale Jr and his teammates! And it looks like Dale Jr. is on his way to his first Nextel Cup....who do you think was his teacher?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/18/04 at 8:01 pm

Kevin Harvick and Kurt Busch have been known to be troublemakers too. Harvick has brawled with other drivers in the past,and Kurt Busch has stuck his foot in his mouth before,too!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/18/04 at 10:45 pm

People said the same nasty stuff about Dale Earnhardt(Sr) when he was alive! Dale Earnhardt was aggressive on the race track,but that's what got him SEVEN championships and SEVENTY-SIX wins!Yep,Dale Earnhardt was a maniac,but a brilliant one! Have any doubts?Go to North Carolina and see the DEI(Dale Earnhardt Inc.)shop where the cars are built and maintained for Dale Jr and his teammates! And it looks like Dale Jr. is on his way to his first Nextel Cup....who do you think was his teacher?
Thanks, but If Dale Jr. didn't win it this year I'd pull for Tony ;)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/20/04 at 5:26 pm

Thanks, but If Dale Jr. didn't win it this year I'd pull for Tony ;)
??? I honestly don't see why so many NASCAR 'fans' hate Tony Stewart! I think I'll answer the question myself-because he is not POLITICALLY CORRECT in some so-called 'fans' minds. Darrell Waltrip was not PC while he was an active Winston Cup(Nextel Cup)driver,and the fans hated him too! AJ Foyt of Indy car fame was un-PC as well! Did anyone know that AJ Foyt(nicknamed 'Super Tex') raced in NASCAR for some races? I will always stick up for Stewart,he's actually a decent person off the racetrack as well as a TOP-NOTCH driver! :-*

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/20/04 at 5:43 pm

??? I honestly don't see why so many NASCAR 'fans' hate Tony Stewart! I think I'll answer the question myself-because he is not POLITICALLY CORRECT in some so-called 'fans' minds. Darrell Waltrip was not PC while he was an active Winston Cup(Nextel Cup)driver,and the fans hated him too! AJ Foyt of Indy car fame was un-PC as well! Did anyone know that AJ Foyt(nicknamed 'Super Tex') raced in NASCAR for some races? I will always stick up for Stewart,he's actually a decent person off the racetrack as well as a TOP-NOTCH driver! :-*
Well said Tony20fan4ever, I agree! I also am thinking that I recall Foyt driving for the Woods brothers back in '72...in the 21 car that was also driven by the great David Pearson....does that seem accurate ???

Written By: StarskyHutch76 on 05/21/04 at 1:49 pm

[color=RedI've always kinda liked Rusty Wallace but he's not the driver he used to be. I root for Kevin Harvick mostly.l

Written By: resinchaser on 05/21/04 at 2:11 pm

My guy Dale Jarrett is having a rough couple of years with his team in disarray. He'll come back though. He's a class act in person and a great driver.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/21/04 at 3:26 pm

My guy Dale Jarrett is having a rough couple of years with his team in disarray. He'll come back though. He's a class act in person and a great driver.
Yeah, I kinda miss the old "Dale & Dale" (Earnhardt & Jarrett) shows :\'(

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/21/04 at 4:45 pm

;)I think some NASCAR drivers dislike Tony Stewart for the same reason they disliked Dale Earnhardt-he's not afraid to use 'the chrome horn' to nudge another driver and nab their position,Dale Sr. did just that EVERY time he raced! 8) But both Earnhardt Sr. and Tony Stewart were and ARE (in Tony's case)involved in good deeds and charity work that not only deals with sick children and the like,in Stewart's defense his TONY STEWART FOUNDATION helps injured racers' families in their difficult times.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/21/04 at 9:35 pm

;)I think some NASCAR drivers dislike Tony Stewart for the same reason they disliked Dale Earnhardt-he's not afraid to use 'the chrome horn' to nudge another driver and nab their position,Dale Sr. did just that EVERY time he raced! 8) But both Earnhardt Sr. and Tony Stewart were and ARE (in Tony's case)involved in good deeds and charity work that not only deals with sick children and the like,in Stewart's defense his TONY STEWART FOUNDATION helps injured racers' families in their difficult times.
I know...that's just one of the reasons I like Tony ;)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/25/04 at 8:58 pm

Matt Kenseth is $1,000,000 richer from winning the Nextel Cup All-Star Challenge,but I'd bet a huge chunk of the winnings is gonna go to his team owner,Jack Roush. In my opinion,Roush hired a pit crew that screwed Mark Martin out of the 2002 Winston Cup by using an illegal spring! And I think Tony Stewart's pit crew owes him bigtime,they screwed their driver out of the million!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/30/04 at 3:43 pm

Todays race begins in a few hours...it's the superior Soda Race....The Coca-Cola 600 ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/30/04 at 9:41 pm

Jimmie Johnson Wins it :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/31/04 at 1:05 am

I'm not a fan of his,but Jimmie Johnson is a good sport. I've NEVER heard him whine or complain,even when he has done poorly. And I admit Tony Stewart is no choirboy,but he speaks his mind...and I've become used to that. But Tony's heart is in the right place when it comes to helping others.

Jimmie Johnson-Congratulations on another victory!

Check for new replies or respond here...