inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nuttiest sports stars?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/24/04 at 3:38 pm

Who do you think are the nuttiest sports stars,ever? Here's my list,and why:
Dennis Rodman. Just plain STRANGE.

Todd Bertruzzi. His viciousness in the NHL earns him my contempt. And BOBBY CLARKE,ex-Flyers,was as VICIOUS as Todd is-I don't think so.

Abdullah the Butcher. Anyone who has seen him wrestle,ahem,viciously,knows why.A dangerous individual in the squared circle!

Reggie White. Talks about God all the time. When asked if he spanks his kids,he said,"I beat them if they deserve it" Sounds to me like going beyond spanking.

Mike Tyson,especially his attempt at cannibalism on Evander Holyfield and his attack on Lennox Lewis. Get the man on THORAZINE!!!

Subject: Re: Nuttiest sports stars?

Written By: Bobby on 04/24/04 at 5:17 pm

Abdullah the Butcher. Anyone who has seen him wrestle,ahem,viciously,knows why.A dangerous individual in the squared circle!

I've seen Abdullah the Butcher wrestle - I think he was one of the first wrestlers to use foreign objects on a regular basis in his matches.

The most disturbing wrestler I have seen wrestle was Sabu in ECW. Quite often he would wrestle with such desperacy and use whatever was available (he stabbed the Sandman in the head numerous times with a fork on one occasion and on another got wrapped in barbed wire with Terry Funk). He had a huge gash injury in his arm once and would then ask a referee for tape to wrap around it during the match without any complaint!

Other sports nutters include football (soccer) star Vinnie Jones (who grabbed someones testicles during a match) and John McEnroe (THE BALL WAS IN!!!!)

Written By: tv on 04/24/04 at 6:41 pm

Elli Manning-"I don't want to play for the Chargers I want to play for the Giants". That amazes me he can just pick whatever team he wants to play for. The guy has not even played a single NFL game yet and yet he gets to pick what team he wants to play for. That sounds a little bizzare to me.

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/25/04 at 2:48 am

Randy Moss-He nearly kills a meter maid with his car, then doesn't give out an apology.

Shaquille O'Neal-He always complains he gets targeted for fouls when he commits s lot that aren't called against him.

Anna Kournikova-Pretty and pretty dumb.

John Rocker-For obvious reasons.

Derek Jeter and A-Rod- Although that's more of a Steinbrenner thing.

Written By: Howard on 04/25/04 at 2:33 pm

I've seen Abdullah the Butcher wrestle - I think he was one of the first wrestlers to use foreign objects on a regular basis in his matches.

The most disturbing wrestler I have seen wrestle was Sabu in ECW. Quite often he would wrestle with such desperacy and use whatever was available (he stabbed the Sandman in the head numerous times with a fork on one occasion and on another got wrapped in barbed wire with Terry Funk). He had a huge gash injury in his arm once and would then ask a referee for tape to wrap around it during the match without any complaint!

Other sports nutters include football (soccer) star Vinnie Jones (who grabbed someones testicles during a match) and John McEnroe (THE BALL WAS IN!!!!)

Hey Bob,Don't forget Cactus Jack or Mankind.He was nuttier than a fruitcake. :o

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/25/04 at 2:43 pm

Who? Is he still around? I thought he disappeared into obscurity (we call be thankful).

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/25/04 at 2:51 pm

John McEnroe.

Howard

Written By: Bobo on 04/25/04 at 3:01 pm

Howard! You cannot be serious!

John McEnroe.

Written By: Howard on 04/25/04 at 3:21 pm

Howard! You cannot be serious!

John McEnroe.

What about when he threw down his racket?

Howard

Written By: Marian on 04/25/04 at 3:43 pm

Who do you think are the nuttiest sports stars,ever? Here's my list,and why:
Dennis Rodman. Just plain STRANGE.

Todd Bertruzzi. His viciousness in the NHL earns him my contempt. And BOBBY CLARKE,ex-Flyers,was as VICIOUS as Todd is-I don't think so.

Reggie White. Talks about God all the time. When asked if he spanks his kids,he said,"I beat them if they deserve it" Sounds to me like going beyond spanking.

Mike Tyson,especially his attempt at cannibalism on Evander Holyfield and his attack on Lennox Lewis. Get the man on THORAZINE!!!

:-\No one mentioned Tonya Harding but I guess she's pretty normal compared with some of these people,especially Tyson!Cheers!

Written By: Bobby on 04/25/04 at 4:13 pm

Howard

The difference being Howard, is that Mick Foley was playing a character. Sabu is just plain off his head! I will add Terry Funk to the nutters list as well.  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/25/04 at 4:16 pm

:-\No one mentioned Tonya Harding but I guess she's pretty normal compared with some of these people,especially Tyson!Cheers!

I can't help but think of a SNL skit. "Hi, I'm Tonya Harding for The Club."

Cat

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/25/04 at 5:29 pm

You can read my parody "Rocker" (to the tune of Billy Joel's Pressure if anyone esle doesn't remember Rocker. Although a lot of people would like to forget him altogether. :-\

Who? Is he still around? I thought he disappeared into obscurity (we call be thankful).

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 04/25/04 at 6:18 pm

Who's John Rocker?

Written By: AL-B on 04/25/04 at 8:39 pm

Being a fan of the Nebraska Cornhuskers, I would have to submit Lawrence Phillips as one of the all-time nut-jobs in sports. The guy practically had the Heisman in his back pocket when he dragged his girlfriend down three flight of stairs by her HAIR. They should've kicked him off the team but they kept him around. He left NU after his junior year(thank God)and he could've made untold milliions of dollars in the NFL. He had chance after chance but he kept blowing it. Last I heard he was playing in the CFL but he blew that opportunity too. The name Lawrence Phillips still brings up a lot of bad feelings here in Lincoln.

Written By: jaytee on 04/26/04 at 5:08 am

Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/26/04 at 8:21 am

No jaytee no !  He's a hero BIG TIME  ;D

Hmmm , looney sports stars !

Eric Cantona (French footballer)

Mark 'Jacko' Jackson (former AFL footballer, turned 'actor') - you may recall him him in an abominable series called "Highwayman"  :o

Written By: mandamoo on 04/26/04 at 9:27 am

Mark 'Jacko' Jackson (former AFL footballer, turned 'actor') - you may recall him him in an abominable series called "Highwayman"  :o

Hey, but he's an individual Fussy  :-\ ::) ;D

Written By: Bobby on 04/26/04 at 4:40 pm

I remember him. He was quite a character but . . . I don't think he was nutty as such. Just flavour of the month (or year).

Ah Eric Cantona, Fuss. He was the man that launched a kick at a fan during a football match - Such audience interaction had been unheard of previously.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/26/04 at 7:54 pm

Steve"Mongo"McMichael was one unhinged character when he wrestled in WCW with the Four Horsemen,but seeing that I DETEST REGGIE WHITE WITH A PASSION,I liked it when ol' Mongo nailed his God-loving Highness with that metal briefcase!

Written By: Marian on 04/26/04 at 7:57 pm

I can't help but think of a SNL skit. "Hi, I'm Tonya Harding for The Club." I remember in one of those pro-am competitions a skater did a spoof of her in his program.Also spoofed paul Wylie and Scott hamilton,I believe.Cheers! :D ;D

Cat
:o

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/26/04 at 8:07 pm

NASCAR has a few nutcases,and drivers who some people THINK are nutcases but are just darn good racers:
The late DALE EARNHARDT. You either loved or hated him. I was and still AM a fan of the #3!

Kurt Busch. Inserts foot in mouth A LOT!

Kevin Harvick. Known for his BRAWLING(mostly in 2002),as well as his driving skills.

Tony Stewart. A nutcase that I like. Gained his infamy when he punched a photographer after the 2002 Brickyard 400. What Stewart's detractors fail to remember was #20 had a bad day,and that photographer got in his face. Not too smart on the lensman's part. You see, Tony Stewart is a perfectionist who demands the best from HIMSELF!!!

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/26/04 at 8:18 pm

Maybe we should change the title to "Most Pyscho Sports Star". Nutty would describe stars like Jimmy Connors,  Mark "The Bird" Fidritch, Anna Kournikova, Don Stanhouse, Jay Johnstone, Mike Golic, John Riggins, Maybe Dennis Rodman (although probably psycho too).  Ilie Nastase and McEnroe would fit the psycho profile. ::)

Written By: Howard on 04/26/04 at 9:22 pm

Howard

The difference being Howard, is that Mick Foley was playing a character. Sabu is just plain off his head! I will add Terry Funk to the nutters list as well.  :D

Terry Funk was just plum loco! ;D

Howard

Written By: jaytee on 04/27/04 at 6:15 pm

No jaytee no !  He's a hero BIG TIME  ;D

Hmmm , looney sports stars !

Eric Cantona (French footballer)

I like Eddie - I meant it in the nicest way!

Now if you were talking the biggest w*nkerI would have voted for Jacko. :P

Written By: Howard on 04/27/04 at 8:12 pm

MIKE TYSON

Howard

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/30/04 at 10:19 pm

Howard

Terry Funk was just plum loco! ;D

Howard
How about GOLDDUST?Or KAMALA,the UGANDAN HEADHUNTER?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/30/04 at 10:23 pm

I picture Dennis Rodman looking in his mirror and asking that 'who's the fairest one of all'question. When the mirror says 'Not YOU,you're plug ugly',Rodman puts his fist thru it!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/30/04 at 10:24 pm

MIKE TYSON

Howard
Tyson is a good candidate for THORAZINE!

Written By: Bobby on 05/01/04 at 11:52 am

Well, Dustin Runnels (Dusty Rhode's kid) is a very well-adjusted person. It was just unfortunate that McMahon gave him a gimmick that has cost him his dignity. I believe Japan is interested in his services at the moment.

Kamala (James Harris) is another gimmick as this website portrays. By this account, he seems like a great guy.
http://www.midsouthwrestling.com/Kamala-1.html

I don't know anything about the Ugandan Headhunter.

Written By: Marian on 05/01/04 at 2:33 pm

Maybe we should change the title to "Most Pyscho Sports Star". Nutty would describe stars like Jimmy Connors,  Mark "The Bird" Fidritch, Anna Kournikova, Don Stanhouse, Jay Johnstone, Mike Golic, John Riggins, Maybe Dennis Rodman (although probably psycho too).  Ilie Nastase and McEnroe would fit the psycho profile. ::)
???Didm\n't ilie Nastase run for political office in Romania?Cheers!

Written By: Howard on 05/01/04 at 6:21 pm

Well, Dustin Runnels (Dusty Rhode's kid) is a very well-adjusted person. It was just unfortunate that McMahon gave him a gimmick that has cost him his dignity. I believe Japan is interested in his services at the moment.

Kamala (James Harris) is another gimmick as this website portrays. By this account, he seems like a great guy.

Kamala was a wacko! You couldn't even understand his language! On the other hand Goldust played a whole lot of mind games with the faces. :o

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/01/04 at 9:22 pm

the 'Ugandan Headhunter' is KAMALA!

Written By: Bobby on 05/02/04 at 1:28 pm

the 'Ugandan Headhunter' is KAMALA!

Oh I misread your comma, sorry. Kamala was known as The Ugandan Giant though there was a tag team in the mid 90s called The Headhunters though.

Written By: Waldo on 05/02/04 at 1:38 pm

Elli Manning-"I don't want to play for the Chargers I want to play for the Giants". That amazes me he can just pick whatever team he wants to play for. The guy has not even played a single NFL game yet and yet he gets to pick what team he wants to play for. That sounds a little bizzare to me.

It's no different that what John Elway did in 1983. He told the Colts, who were abysmal at the time, that if they drafted him he would play baseball instead. So, not being stupid, the Colts worked out a deal than sent him to Denver.

Written By: Bobby on 05/02/04 at 1:48 pm

Kamala was a wacko! You couldn't even understand his language! On the other hand Goldust played a whole lot of mind games with the faces. :o

It was all a big act though, Howard. The man that plays Kamala speaks English. Terry Funk, Sabu and The Sandman are what I would call psychopathic. They will do anything in that ring in anyway they can. The Sandman even said in an interview that he thought it would be a privelledge to die in the ring - flip! How sick is that!?!

Written By: Howard on 05/02/04 at 4:25 pm

It was all a big act though, Howard. The man that plays Kamala speaks English. Terry Funk, Sabu and The Sandman are what I would call psychopathic. They will do anything in that ring in anyway they can. The Sandman even said in an interview that he thought it would be a privelledge to die in the ring - flip! How sick is that!?!

So,why the hell did he need Kimchee if he spoke perfect English? I know it was all an act and stuff but it was pretty hilarious when he did promos. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 05/02/04 at 4:27 pm

Steve"Mongo"McMichael was one unhinged character when he wrestled in WCW with the Four Horsemen,but seeing that I DETEST REGGIE WHITE WITH A PASSION,I liked it when ol' Mongo nailed his God-loving Highness with that metal briefcase!

Steve McMichael was a little wacko.He didn't have all his marbles as well as Ric Flair.He's always crazy. :o

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 05/02/04 at 6:00 pm

So,why the hell did he need Kimchee if he spoke perfect English? I know it was all an act and stuff but it was pretty hilarious when he did promos. ;D

Because it would sound really stupid for the promoters to say he came from primitive Uganda (which he didn't) only to come out talking perfect English. It defeats the object. A purely thought-out example would be like Tom Hanks acting as a Polish person who has never left Poland before speak with an American accent.

Kimchee was there as a prop manager (usually Steve Lombardi (Brooklyn Brawler) dressed up for the part) and was often followed by Harvey Wippleman). He did less than normal managers who usually bumped around a lot for other wrestlers (notably Bobby Heenan and Jimmy Hart). He was there just to make the whole thing look more convincing to the viewer.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/02/04 at 7:11 pm

NASCAR's BODINE clan are just plain IDIOTS! They make some pretty stupid moves on the racetrack sometimes,moves that have cost them-and other drivers-any chance of a decent finish. Todd Bodine has actually left the track surface and used the wet grass to pass illegally! Needless to say,he caused a HUGE wreck! And the Yates engine guy who had the STUPIDITY to sucker-punch Ricky Rudd! If I was Rudd,that idiot would be headed for the EMERGENCY ROOM with a busted nose! :P

Written By: BLO-TOWN on 05/03/04 at 4:18 pm

Nuttiest... well Kobe of course!

Written By: Howard on 05/03/04 at 8:37 pm

Because it would sound really stupid for the promoters to say he came from primitive Uganda (which he didn't) only to come out talking perfect English. It defeats the object. A purely thought-out example would be like Tom Hanks acting as a Polish person who has never left Poland before speak with an American accent.

Kimchee was there as a prop manager (usually Steve Lombardi (Brooklyn Brawler) dressed up for the part) and was often followed by Harvey Wippleman). He did less than normal managers who usually bumped around a lot for other wrestlers (notably Bobby Heenan and Jimmy Hart). He was there just to make the whole thing look more convincing to the viewer.

Kamala probably hails from Brooklyn of all I know.... :D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 05/03/04 at 8:39 pm

Ric Flair.The guy is as crazy as a fox. He just doesn't know when to retire. ;D :D

He always looks like he's gonna have a heart attack in the ring.Have you noticed that Bob? ???

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 05/04/04 at 3:50 am

Ric Flair.The guy is as crazy as a fox. He just doesn't know when to retire. ;D :D

He always looks like he's gonna have a heart attack in the ring.Have you noticed that Bob? ???

I have, Howard. I think that's why people take to Flair despite being a heel for most of his career. He has that likeable insanity and he does some clever psychological moments - like attempting a Flair people's elbow with the strut at Wrestlemania 20. I laughed my head off. He is one of the best bumpers as well. I think it's only recently that he stopped doing that irish whip and turn upside down into the turnbuckles. One gripe I do have and that is, what has he done to his hair? It used to be so fluffy, know he goes for that creepy wet look.  :-X

Got a favourite Flair match, Howard?

Written By: Howard on 05/04/04 at 9:14 pm

You know,I don't even have a favorite of mine.He is one crazy mother....

I like the way he fakes his falls.You see that? It takes him 1 minute to fall down. ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 05/05/04 at 5:08 am

You know,I don't even have a favorite of mine.He is one crazy mother....

I like the way he fakes his falls.You see that? It takes him 1 minute to fall down. ;D

You haven't got a favourite!?! What kind of a wrestling fan are you?  :D

The best thing to watch with Flair in it was Royal Rumble 1992 where he lasted over 60 minutes in the ring. It's good viewing.

Yes I know which bump you are talking about. I think Flair flops backwards as Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine falls flat on his face.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/04 at 8:34 pm

You haven't got a favourite!?! What kind of a wrestling fan are you?  :D

The best thing to watch with Flair in it was Royal Rumble 1992 where he lasted over 60 minutes in the ring. It's good viewing.

Yes I know which bump you are talking about. I think Flair flops backwards as Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine falls flat on his face.

I guess my favorite would be Ric Flair vs.Hulk Hogan.You also ever notice how Flair always begs for mercy? ;D

Howard

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/05/04 at 9:06 pm

the "Fabulous MOOLAH"from the WWF(now E). Yes,she was a heel,and one h*ll of a piece of work :D. A lady away from the ring but God help you if you were her opponent! She even wrestled MEN,Chyna was not the first to do so! :P

Written By: tv on 05/09/04 at 2:53 am

NASCAR's BODINE clan are just plain IDIOTS! They make some pretty stupid moves on the racetrack sometimes,moves that have cost them-and other drivers-any chance of a decent finish. Todd Bodine has actually left the track surface and used the wet grass to pass illegally!The Bodines: yeah that was nuts at the 1994 Brickyard 400 when Geoff and Brett got into an accident together.Todd: you can't pass in the grass.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/09/04 at 3:31 am

Russian wrestler IVAN KOLOFF was a SADISTIC,MEAN,and DIRTY wrestler,especially when he wrestled against American wrestlers!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/09/04 at 3:34 am

Russian wrestler IVAN KOLOFF was a SADISTIC,MEAN,and DIRTY wrestler,especially when he wrestled against American wrestlers!
and "California Stud"Rod Price from the GWF'Global'was a NUTCASE too!As was his manager,General Skandor Akbar!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/09/04 at 3:38 am

and "California Stud"Rod Price from the GWF'Global'was a NUTCASE too!As was his manager,General Skandor Akbar!
:DAdd to the NUTS list every wrestler that wrestled in ECW(Extreme Championship Wrestling)! :D

Written By: Rush on 05/09/04 at 3:45 am

Mick Foley was quite a nutcase!!!!! or how about Footballer turned sportscaster turned turquoise David Ike.  You can check his website out at www.davidicke.com

Here is some info on him

"They" say that if you look hard enough you will find the truth, and we think we might just have found it. The only problem is we don't know if you are ready to hear the truth. 

If you live in the UK you might just remember the ex-soccer player, ex-sport's presenter, ex-green party representative and second Messiah, David Ike. If you do you may very well have wondered "what ever happened to that stupid mad idiot?"  Having been laughed out of Britain, God (as he likes to be called by his friend) has found fame and fortune in the United States. This is less surprising when you consider that he’s convinced a significant percentage of the US population that the USA is run by alien reptiles, and that they in turn are controlled by the Devil himself. Heck, it’s no more outlandish than Bill Clinton being president…

David "The most controversial author and speaker in the world" Icke tells us everything we need to know about the British Royal family, who themselves are really evil reptiles that spend all their time holding parties in Buckingham Palace for the worlds leaders, where they sacrifice children and drink their blood to keep their human form. He also assures us that United States government controls our thoughts through a chip in your PC, and that the role-playing game Dungeons and Dragons is a tool of Satan that has led to countless murders. Oh, and he’s also got some theory about billionaire Laurence Rockefeller being an alien and preparing the world for invasion.

David Icke's website is a massive source of entertainment... sorry, “information”. It’s an amazingly vast library of Mr. Ickes’ writings and conspiracy theories, and should keep you happy for hours. Or maybe even change your life. 

Mad, bad, or just prepared to go where others fear to tread? No. He’s just mad. And we also blame him for the time we got mugged in Amsterdam within four hours of our plane touching down. He was a fellow passenger, see. Turquoise-obsessed loon put curse on us.

Written By: Bobby on 05/09/04 at 12:18 pm

:DAdd to the NUTS list every wrestler that wrestled in ECW(Extreme Championship Wrestling)! :D

I suppose so. The Sandman, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, Terry Funk, Axl Rose and his brother and New Jack were all nutcases. I wish Dreamer could cut it in the WWE but it looks like they are dropping him from the rosta as they can't think of anything to do with him. I reckon the creative writers have no imagination.  >:(

Written By: Howard on 05/09/04 at 12:20 pm

Do you remember Damien Demento or The Berzerker? These guys were nuts-o! :P

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 05/09/04 at 12:42 pm

Do you remember Damien Demento or The Berzerker? These guys were nuts-o! :P

I do but blink and you almost miss Demento's career. His only P-P-V in the WWF at the time was Royal Rumble 1993 - He didn't too bad really. The Bezerker (John Nord) started his career at the very end of 1991. He finished his career the same time Demento did, at the start of 1993. The Bezerker debuted during what I call the gimmick era of the WWF (from around 1988 to 1995). What have we had in the WWF? Wrestlers that have dressed as policemen, clowns, prisoners, millionaires, barbarians, sailors and dead people. I loved this time. The gimmicks may have been ridiculous but at least the wrestlers were larger than life.

Written By: Bobby on 05/09/04 at 12:43 pm

Yes, Rush of course, David Ike.  :D

Written By: Howard on 05/09/04 at 1:30 pm

I do but blink and you almost miss Demento's career. His only P-P-V in the WWF at the time was Royal Rumble 1993 - He didn't too bad really. The Bezerker (John Nord) started his career at the very end of 1991. He finished his career the same time Demento did, at the start of 1993. The Bezerker debuted during what I call the gimmick era of the WWF (from around 1988 to 1995). What have we had in the WWF? Wrestlers that have dressed as policemen, clowns, prisoners, millionaires, barbarians, sailors and dead people. I loved this time. The gimmicks may have been ridiculous but at least the wrestlers were larger than life.

Those were the days! ;)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 05/09/04 at 1:31 pm

Or how about WCW's nuttiest? :D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 05/09/04 at 1:41 pm

Or how about WCW's nuttiest? :D

Er . . . Rip Rogers springs to mind. He wasn't really a well-used wrestler and often got beaten by Brian Pillman in every match but he had an arrogant, crazy way about him. He was the first person I heard that toldl the crowd to shut up on a regular basis.

Kevin Sullivan also springs to mind.

Written By: Howard on 05/09/04 at 1:43 pm

Er . . . Rip Rogers springs to mind. He wasn't really a well-used wrestler and often got beaten by Brian Pillman in every match but he had an arrogant, crazy way about him. He was the first person I heard that toldl the crowd to shut up on a regular basis.

Kevin Sullivan also springs to mind.

Oh yeah,I remember those.  ^

Howard

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/09/04 at 6:22 pm

John Nord wrestled in the old AWA as The Barbarian.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/09/04 at 6:28 pm

>:(Kevin Harvick(NASCAR #29 Goodwrench driver)has been known to engage in altercations with other drivers he thinks done him dirty. Two who have faced Harvick's fists are GREGG BIFFLE and COY GIBBS(Craftsman Truck Series)! Harvick was fined for both incidents,put on probation,and parked for a race(Martinsville).This was in 2002! :-X

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/09/04 at 6:29 pm

Oh yeah,I remember those.  ^

Howard
Oh yeah,Kevin Sullivan,the supposed Satanist!

Written By: Bobby on 05/09/04 at 7:05 pm

John Nord wrestled in the old AWA as The Barbarian.

Did he? Amazing. Some other guy did it for a long time between 1988 - 1992 and formed the tag team 'Powers of Pain' with The Warlord (retired after a car accident in the mid/late 90s). They were o.k for what they were but lacked any kind of charisma.

This Barbarian is a relative of Rikishi and Yokozuna.

Written By: Howard on 05/10/04 at 9:03 pm

Did he? Amazing. Some other guy did it for a long time between 1988 - 1992 and formed the tag team 'Powers of Pain' with The Warlord (retired after a car accident in the mid/late 90s). They were o.k for what they were but lacked any kind of charisma.

This Barbarian is a relative of Rikishi and Yokozuna.

The Berzerker was a nutcase.What was he doing blowing out of his hand and going "Huss,Huss" ??? ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 05/11/04 at 4:42 am

The Berzerker was a nutcase.What was he doing blowing out of his hand and going "Huss,Huss" ??? ;D

I dunno, Howard. I'm just surprised the gimmick lasted as long as it did. I remember him in a match with The Undertaker were he tried to attack him with a sword!

Written By: Howard on 05/11/04 at 9:01 pm

I dunno, Howard. I'm just surprised the gimmick lasted as long as it did. I remember him in a match with The Undertaker were he tried to attack him with a sword!

Yeah The Summer of 1994 Undertaker vs.Berzerker.

Howard

Written By: Howard on 05/11/04 at 9:02 pm

Stone Cold Steve Austin

The beer-swilling,finger gesturing,loud mouthed & cursing.Now,that was nutty,right there! :o

And fans enjoyed it! :D

Hioward

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/11/04 at 9:07 pm

Stone Cold Steve Austin

The beer-swilling,finger gesturing,loud mouthed & cursing.Now,that was nutty,right there! :o

And fans enjoyed it! :D

Hioward
Stone Cold is back. And his new motto is 'F*** Fear Drink Beer'! :D :P

Written By: Howard on 05/11/04 at 9:26 pm

Stone Cold is back. And his new motto is 'F*** Fear Drink Beer'! :D :P

Tony,He left the company! He wanted rights to his own name so he told Vince to shove it! And that was the end of that. :-\\

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 05/13/04 at 4:03 am

Yeah The Summer of 1994 Undertaker vs.Berzerker.

I think that was around the summer of 1992 Howard. You may be getting confused with the pathetic Undertaker V Undertaker feud at Summerslam 1994. ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/13/04 at 9:21 pm

I think that was around the summer of 1992 Howard. You may be getting confused with the pathetic Undertaker V Undertaker feud at Summerslam 1994. ;)

Oh Yeah,Thanks Bob. (Huss,Huss) ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 05/13/04 at 9:23 pm

John Bradshaw Layfield

Now,if he wasn't nutty for the past few weeks since changing into his real persona instead of the APA,I don't what is ! :P

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 05/14/04 at 4:55 am

John Bradshaw Layfield

Now,if he wasn't nutty for the past few weeks since changing into his real persona instead of the APA,I don't what is ! :P

I think they could have done better by making Bradshaw a gimmick free wrestler. Many people are comparing this pathetic gimmick to the successful 'Million Dollar Man' Ted Dibiase gimmick that started about 15 years ago. I don't think they are far wrong.

Written By: Howard on 05/14/04 at 5:01 pm

I think they could have done better by making Bradshaw a gimmick free wrestler. Many people are comparing this pathetic gimmick to the successful 'Million Dollar Man' Ted Dibiase gimmick that started about 15 years ago. I don't think they are far wrong.

He kinda reminds me of Ted Dibiase in some sort of way.

Howard

Written By: Howard on 05/14/04 at 5:03 pm

Bob Backlund

Remember Bob 10 years ago,he'd apply the crossface chicken wing to anybody who he snuck upon them. :o ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 05/14/04 at 5:26 pm

Bob Backlund

Remember Bob 10 years ago,he'd apply the crossface chicken wing to anybody who he snuck upon them. :o ;D

He also lost the WWF title in the shortest recorded time against Diesel in the mid 90s - the match lasted for as long as a jacknife poweromb and a pin!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/14/04 at 5:29 pm

Larry Zbysko in his AWA days. There are some that say he 'helped' Curt Hennig win the AWA title by handing him a roll of quarters!
King Kong Bundy was an unhinged individual too. By the way,he's from my area(Atlantic City NJ)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/14/04 at 5:33 pm

:DtheDUDLEY BOYZ! they were ECW's craziest tag team! :D

Written By: Bobby on 05/14/04 at 5:46 pm

Those lads in ECW were by far 100% much better than they are right now in the WWE. They were continuously hated during their stay and caused a lot of injuries (including to Tommy Dreamer's girlfriend Beulah McGillicutty). They swore at the crowds and caused audience outcry. They were unbelievable.

What was different about these guys (which is overlooked by humourless WWE writers) is that they were very quirky (D'Von was billed 'The Brother from another Mother  ;D) and had quite an entourage ('Sign Guy' Dudley - a man that never talked but held signs up and the maniacal 'Big' Dick Dudley). Perhaps the icing on the cake was their announcer Joel Gertner who used the microphone to full advantage, spouting off lengthy poetry of a very sexual nature to wind up the crowd.

Written By: Howard on 05/14/04 at 6:06 pm

The Dudley Boys are really crazy. "D'Von Get The Tables"! :D

Howard

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/22/05 at 11:11 am

Definitely Mike Tyson and Dennis Rodman.

Erin :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/23/05 at 12:22 am

Robby Gordon just earned a mention on this thread..this time for throwing his helmet at Michael Waltrip!!

Maxwell Smart would really think Tony Stewart is weird because he has a pet MONKEY named Mojo..

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/23/05 at 12:25 am

The Dudley Boys are really crazy. "D'Von Get The Tables"! :D

Howard
The tag team called Public Enemy was nutty as a fruitcake too...They did the trash can thing as well as using tables to do their acts of mayhem!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/23/05 at 12:29 am

Steve McMichael was another wrestler with the proverbial bats in the belfry...using a steel briefcase as a weapon...what the heck Debra saw in him as a mate, I'll never know...

and Alexandra York with an obviously OUTDATED computer..a Radio Shack portable from the 80's...

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/23/05 at 12:33 am

I hate to say this cause I really love him but one of the nuttiest in a sad way is Johnny Tapia.... I worry about him... Great fighter but so unstable

Written By: tv on 09/25/05 at 11:29 pm

Chad Johnson(the wide reciever for the Bengals) He likes to talk alot . He was talking alot a couple weeks ago before the Vikings were coming into town to play the Bengals. He also talked alot last year after the Bengals torched the Bronco's. After he had a big game against Bronco's Cornerback Camp Bailey he was like nobody can cover me.

Shaquille O' Neal: On ESPN they were asking him about Kobe Bryant. He was like who I don't know anybody by that name. Shaq is funny too at times when he talks.

Terell Owens: Yeah I disagree about the stuff he did training camp. The Sharpie Incident when he was on the 49ers was hilarious. Also when he took the pom pom's away from the 49er cheerleaders after scoring a TD a couple years ago he celebrated his TD score like a cheerleader. Also that dance that Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis made famous he did last year as an Eagle when he scored a TD against the Ravens. That was one of the funniest things I ever saw.

Michael Waltrip: he's a funny guy.

Written By: tv on 09/25/05 at 11:36 pm

Chad Johnson(the wide reciever for the Bengals) He likes to talk alot . He was talking alot a couple weeks ago before the Vikings were coming into town to play the Bengals. He also talked alot last year after the Bengals torched the Bronco's. After he had a big game against Bronco's Cornerback Camp Bailey he was like nobody can cover me.

I meant Bronco's Cornerback Champ Bailey not Camp Bailey.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/25/05 at 11:40 pm

Mike Tyson

Written By: whistledog on 09/25/05 at 11:44 pm

What about ex-sports star, current commentator Don Cherry?  That guy's wayy off the map  ;D

Remember this little gem from 1992 ...

;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/26/05 at 12:17 pm

What about ex-sports star, current commentator Don Cherry?  That guy's wayy off the map  ;D

Remember this little gem from 1992 ...

;D  ;D  ;D

Dear sweet Darryl Hannah, that was a "bad carrer" movie!  ::)  And a bad video too!  ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/27/05 at 9:55 pm

David Wells is a nutcase.

Sorry about what I said on another post about Randy Johnson...but I will never give up on tormenting "Steroid Boy" Bonds...Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa deserve it too!

and NASCAR's Jimmy Spencer has a few screws loose!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/27/05 at 9:58 pm

The WWF (now WWE) wrestler "Nailz" who wrestled as Kevin Kelly in the AWA!

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/28/05 at 12:11 am

I'd have to say new Jack.

4 justifiable Homicides whilst he was a bounty Hunter.

Anybody remember New Jack vs Mass Transit  ;D

new Jack stabbed the guy 14 times in the head with a serated blade.

NOW HE'S HARDCORE!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/28/05 at 4:52 pm

Anyone who competes in ULTIMATE FIGHTING. UFC makes stuff like the WWE look like kindergarten kids, as far as toughness and violence is concerned.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/28/05 at 4:57 pm

How about nuttiest FANS!
NASCAR fans who spread the "Jeff Gordon is gay" rumor even though JEFF HAS A GIRLFRIEND!!

Oakland Raiders fans. As well as the crazy stuff some of 'em wear...

Washington Redskins fans..especially the Hogettes!

And let's not forget Tampa Bay Buccaneers fans and their pirate stuff!

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/07/06 at 8:56 am

David Icke ::)

He writes books claiming shape-shifting lizard people run the world.

Written By: D.J. on 06/08/06 at 5:56 pm

Ron Artest
New Jack
Pedro Martinez

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/08/06 at 9:18 pm

Kurt Busch AND his younger brother Kyle!!

Check for new replies or respond here...