inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sports' WCS (Worst Case Scenario)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/28/04 at 2:24 pm

More to come

Subject: Re: Sports' WCS (Worst Case Scenario)

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 05/28/04 at 2:34 pm

I don't know about which matchup I least want to happen.  But although I despise the Lakers, I would love to see a Lakers-Pistons matchup in the NBA Finals, just because it would be so cool in that old school way.  A matchup like that would bring back memories of the Late 80's, when the two teams faced each other in 1988 and 1989 back when Magic Johnson and his Showtime Lakers went up against Isiah Thomas and the Bad Boys from Detroit. 

Written By: resinchaser on 05/28/04 at 2:36 pm

Lakers - Pistons final. Only because i'm a Pistons fan. 8) Sorry Indy.

I'm also fed up with seeing Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello on the podium together. So much so that I am now a NASCAR fan.

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/28/04 at 2:44 pm

So you don't think the Pistons could beat the Lakers?!!

Lakers - Pistons final. Only because i'm a Pistons fan. 8) Sorry Indy.

I'm also fed up with seeing Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello on the podium together. So much so that I am now a NASCAR fan.

Written By: resinchaser on 05/28/04 at 3:10 pm

So you don't think the Pistons could beat the Lakers?!!

They can. But I think the T-Wolves would be a little easier. And even if they couldn't, I would rather see the T-Wolves win then have to watch the Lakers win another.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/28/04 at 6:38 pm

I don't want Matt Kenseth getting the Nextel Cup. Or Jeff Gordon. On the flip side,Dale Earnhardt Jr should get to win the Cup.

Written By: nally on 05/28/04 at 7:57 pm

I'd have to say "other": Yankees-Braves World Series. Actually, it is kinda bad if the Yanks appear in the series; anytime they do, I root for the NL team if it's not the Braves.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/28/04 at 9:00 pm

I'd have to say "other": Yankees-Braves World Series. Actually, it is kinda bad if the Yanks appear in the series; anytime they do, I root for the NL team if it's not the Braves.

I agree.  If it were a Yankees/Braves series I wouldn't watch.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/28/04 at 9:12 pm

A NY Giants-NY Jets Super Bowl, since I have no respect for either team,it would be fun to watch both teams beat each other up!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/28/04 at 10:16 pm

I voted Serena/Venus.....ONLY because thier father is a "Reverse Racist" and has said as much. I have nothing against the ladies...in fact if I had to choose I'd like Serena to continue her domination....I like them both...but thier dad is a jerk! If I had to pick another it would have to be the Kansas City Qeafs and the Dallas Cowpies playing in a Super Bowl.... :P

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/29/04 at 7:21 pm

Vince McMahon possibly starting something like an Extreme Baseball league! I had a nightmare about that happening last night!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/29/04 at 7:25 pm

I don't want Matt Kenseth getting the Nextel Cup. Or Jeff Gordon. On the flip side,Dale Earnhardt Jr should get to win the Cup.
:oDick Trickle winning the Nextel Cup would be an atrocity! Yes,that's his real name! :D

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/29/04 at 7:39 pm

Don't worry about the Qeafs being in the Super Bowl at all, because the Colts will always beat them in the playoffs. As for the Cowpies, they blew it when they took Julius Jones instead of someone that could have an immediate impact. At least they don't have Emmitt Smith to kick around anymore. ;)
If I had to pick another it would have to be the Kansas City Qeafs and the Dallas Cowpies playing in a Super Bowl.... :P

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/30/04 at 12:11 pm

Okay I know pro wrestling may be 'sports entertainment'....but the thought of the FOUR HORSEMEN getting together again...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/14/04 at 8:00 pm

Steve McMichael,aka Mongo,taking Tony Siragusa's place as sideline commentator for the NFL on Fox!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/14/04 at 8:02 pm

Mr Pot-head,aka Ricky Williams,returning to the NFL!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/19/04 at 10:50 pm

Steriod Bonds becoming the Home Run King :P

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/20/04 at 8:47 pm

Steriod Bonds becoming the Home Run King :P
I would love to see Overblown Ego Bonds banned from baseball...that won't happen coz baseball has no more Bart Giamatti types(he was the commissioner who kicked another loser,Pete Rose,out of baseball!).....I now see why Pittsburgh was not upset about Bonds leaving!!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/21/04 at 9:20 pm

I would love to see Overblown Ego Bonds banned from baseball...that won't happen coz baseball has no more Bart Giamatti types(he was the commissioner who kicked another loser,Pete Rose,out of baseball!).....I now see why Pittsburgh was not upset about Bonds leaving!!!
Sad but true :-\\

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/23/04 at 1:27 am

Jeff Gordon winning another NASCAR title!! Please,not in '05....I hope Dale Earnhardt Jr. finally wins the Nextel Cup!

Check for new replies or respond here...