inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst NASCAR driver....

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/30/04 at 3:40 pm

Which NASCAR driver annoys you the most?

Subject: Re: Worst NASCAR driver....

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/31/04 at 6:57 am

Todd Bodine, solely because he has the most bogus name out of those listed  :)

Written By: resinchaser on 05/31/04 at 1:47 pm

I hate Tony Stewart but he is a good driver.

I chose "Other" because I think Kyle Petty is the worst driver in NASCAR and he should be forced to change his last name.

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/02/04 at 3:17 pm

Others:

Jimmy Spencer
Michael Waltrip (and his brother too)
Bobby LaBonte
Jeff Purvis
Jeff Burton

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/02/04 at 8:03 pm

Others:

Jimmy Spencer
Bobby LaBonte
Jeff Purvis
Jeff Burton

just outta curiousity-why did Bobby Labonte make the list? I agree on Jimmy Spencer though,I've seen him wreck people...and not by accident either.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/02/04 at 8:05 pm

Sometimes I find myself wishing someone would give KURT BUSCH a fat lip......not so much this season as last season though.

Written By: jgordon24 on 06/04/04 at 11:29 pm

Kirk Shelmerdine.........he makes the field every week but is 10 mph off the pace............and someone faster than him goes home

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/05/04 at 5:50 am

I hate Tony Stewart but he is a good driver.

I chose "Other" because I think Kyle Petty is the worst driver in NASCAR and he should be forced to change his last name.
Kyle Petty is nowhere near his father's talent as far as racing is concerned.......but Kyle Petty,the human being,is a good-hearted person....He got the Victory Junction Gang Camp for terminally ill kids started!!

Written By: tv on 06/05/04 at 10:45 pm

Others:

Jimmy Spencer
Bobby LaBonte
Jeff Purvis
Jeff Burton

Lets go through this list:
Jimmy Spencer-I notice at times he has fast cars especially when he was diving the number 23 car(Smokin Joes/Winston) for Travis Carter. 1993 was probably Spencer's best season when he was driving for Bobby Allison. The last time he won a race was in 1994 at Talledega. I can understand why somebody wouldn't like Jimmy Spencer. I went to the NASCAR Race in Ponoco back in 1997 and there was so Jimmy Spencer fans there it was unbeiilavable. Spencer's hometown is in Berwick, PA so I guess his homestate has alot of love for him.

Michael Waltrip-he's good driver but he has had just some rotten luck ever since the last half of last year going into this season. Darell Waltrip is one of the best drivers in NASCAR history.

Bobby Labonte is alright.

Jeff Purvis-When is the last time he has driven in a NASCAR Nextel Cup race? I can't even remember.

Jeff Burton is a good driver but he has no sponsor this year.

I don't like Jeff Gordon out of all the NASCAR drivers but I wouldn't throw beer bottles like some fans do when he wins races.

As for Tony Stewart he really misses Joe Gibbs this year ever since Gibbs went back into Pro Football in coaching the Redskins again.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/06/04 at 12:58 am

The BODINE clan! Todd Bodine does some pretty asinine things on race day...such as attempting to pass lapped cars while passing them on wet slippery grass!! And I think Hendrick Motorsports gives Terry Labonte crappy equipment,while Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson get the decent stuff.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 03/07/06 at 9:00 pm

I still think Kurt Busch is a total screwup..his being pink-slipped by Jack Roush affirms that IMO. I hope Roger Penske knows what he's getting into with Dirty Kurty...

Kevin Harvick has been behaving himself as of late...but Childress gives 'Happy" s*itty equipment...and same for Jeff Burton...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 03/07/06 at 9:02 pm

Jimmie Johnson and crew chief Chad Knaus...let's say JJ's a snob since he married Chandra, and Knaus is a cheating SOB...

Written By: livinonthe80s on 03/08/06 at 3:53 am

WHAT???  You have Rusty Wallace up there in a poll of being disliked as a driver???  Man Rusty WAS like the coolest nicest nascar driver and I think he was a ambassador to nascar.  Last year he was consistent but just couldnt get any wins.  He was my favorite driver because he was cool, not cocky or arogant like many of the drivers today and never did anything stupid on the track to cause any trouble, once again like MANY of the drivers today.
I still remember Rusty leading a race, I think it was Bristol...with Jeff Gordon behind him.  WTF does Jeff do???  He bumps Rustys rear and gets him loose so he could get through and win the race....WTF kind of racing is that??  Rusty like the cool driver he is, never complains or confronts Jeff.  Jeff does what it takes to win even if it means winning it in a very dirty way.  So my pick would be Jeff Gordon.
Todays nascar has alot of young drivers who makes it exciting but they are just too careless in the way they go racing.  Most of them are just punks.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 03/08/06 at 6:14 am

Hey, I posted the poll a long time ago,2004 I think,  after Rusty asked then teammate Ryan Newman to let him lead so he could get the win. I think it was wrong of Rusty to ask his own teammate to step aside...But yes, Rusty was a class act in his last season, and yes he made racing exciting in his own way. Rusty was quite the character sometimes....One time he was fined by NASCAR..he paid it off with bags of pennies. Rusty was not afraid to complain to NASCAR officials if something was wrong...He stood up to their (sometimes)hypocrisy...So does Tony Stewart. Both Rusty and "Smoke" are not afraid to say what's on their minds.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/08/06 at 10:56 am

Agreed. Although I don't watch NASCAR all that much, whenever I see a race and Kyle Petty goes past, usually in the botom third of the field, I find myself wondering what he's even doing out there. From what I've heard, he's a decent enough guy but I think he should hang it up and give some young up-and-comer a shot.

Written By: Red Ant on 03/08/06 at 2:46 pm

Though I don't watch as nearly as much as I used to (and probably won't watch much at all this year since Ricky Rudd retired) I can't think of a "worst" driver as far as skill goes; several drivers used to like to gripe about everything (Jeff Gordon, Rusty Wallace, Tony Stewart, etc) like spoiled brats.

I would have to vote for Harry Dallenbach, who I gave the nickname "Larry, Haul It Back" since he always seemed to end the race getting towed away by the wrecker.

WHAT???  You have Rusty Wallace up there in a poll of being disliked as a driver???  Man //not cocky or arogant like many of the drivers today and never did anything stupid on the track to cause any trouble,

I take it you don't remember his early days at all.

I had a nickname for Rusty Wallace as well; "Rusted Wallet" since when I first started watching NASCAR  over 15 years ago he always seemed to break unbreakable parts like camshafts. I thought "couldn't he afford a decent camshaft or an engine builder who was halfway decent?" lol

I'll give Rusty credit though, he is tied with Ricky Rudd with most consecutive seasons with one win (16) and in the past several years hasn't whined like he used to. He is a good driver.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 03/08/06 at 5:57 pm

Agreed. Although I don't watch NASCAR all that much, whenever I see a race and Kyle Petty goes past, usually in the botom third of the field, I find myself wondering what he's even doing out there. From what I've heard, he's a decent enough guy but I think he should hang it up and give some young up-and-comer a shot.
I often wonder if he stays because he's a Petty, and he might not live up to the Petty legend if he retires?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 03/08/06 at 6:00 pm

How about Brian Vickers? He was supposed to be some hotshot driver for Hendrick Motorsports and hasn't won a race yet...Kyle Busch beat him to it! Also Vickers seems to get himself in a lot of wrecks....

Written By: Delbert Rudd on 09/30/08 at 10:36 pm

Worst driver was Jeff Bodine the best was Ricky Rudd.He was a clean and safe driver and didnot take any sheesh from any driver out on the track. I wished Yates would not have let him go. So when Yates refused to give him a well deserved RAISE the people that made Yates rich Droped the Havoline sponsorship. And that's the reason the #28 was not and never will win again, unless it is by fluke.

Written By: tv on 10/01/08 at 8:33 am

Worst driver was Jeff Bodine the best was Ricky Rudd.He was a clean and safe driver and didnot take any sheesh from any driver out on the track. I wished Yates would not have let him go. So when Yates refused to give him a well deserved RAISE the people that made Yates rich Droped the Havoline sponsorship. And that's the reason the #28 was not and never will win again, unless it is by fluke.
No, Geoff Bodine was a pretty clean race car driver. Yeah, your right Ricky Rudd was pretty clean too mostly although he did have his little rilvary with Dale Earnhardt Sr. in the late 80's but every driver has their rivals.

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/06/08 at 1:20 am

I have since added that cheater Jimmie Johnson, winner of 3 straight Nextel Cups. F*** him and that shyster chief mechanic Chad Knauss (he pronouced his 'K', so their one reason not to trust him.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/06/08 at 7:13 am

Cale Yarborough

Check for new replies or respond here...