inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: All-Star Game

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/09/04 at 12:45 pm

Well, it is getting that time again. Which team do you want to win. I pick the National League.

Cat

Subject: Re: All-Star Game

Written By: nally on 07/09/04 at 2:39 pm

I pick the National League.

Me too, simply because my team, the Dodgers, is part of the NL. ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 07/09/04 at 3:08 pm

National League.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/09/04 at 3:20 pm

The league without that stupid DH rule ::) Go National League.... :)

Written By: PaperGirl on 07/09/04 at 9:40 pm

Gotta go national.....love my team!  I have a few on the AS team!

Written By: ragebass on 07/10/04 at 3:04 am

Growing up in Detroit I've always cheered for the AL but I feel that the NL will take it this year.

Is anyone dissappointed in any of the starters that have been chosen for this years game? Just curious.

Written By: PaperGirl on 07/10/04 at 11:36 am

Im not dissapointed, I just wish that I could get tickets.  Sucks to be an hour away from the stadium, and I cant go to the game. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/11/04 at 1:45 pm

It should be very interesting with Mike Piazza and Roger Clements being on the same team this year. We all know how the two of them "LOVE" each other-NOT!

Cat

Written By: ... on 07/13/04 at 2:00 pm

The league without that stupid DH rule ::) Go National League.... :)

Well, the game will be played in an NL stadium this year, so the pitchers will bat on both teams.

Written By: Rice in limbo on 07/13/04 at 2:06 pm

^ Most likely all the pitchers will either be asked to bunt or be lifted for a pinch hitter.

Plus it's in Houston, lots of home runs to be hit.  The pitchers are gonna be sad.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/13/04 at 10:29 pm

I was kinda pleased to hear them say Clemens was shaking off Piazza's calls...at least he can't blame Mike for his poor performance :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/14/04 at 3:59 pm

OH MAN! Clemens screwed up ROYALLY!!!! I couldn't believe that-6 runs in the first inning? After that first pitch, I thought he should have been taken out of the game. Talk about embarassing!

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/14/04 at 11:17 pm

OH MAN! Clemens screwed up ROYALLY!!!! I couldn't believe that-6 runs in the first inning? After that first pitch, I thought he should have been taken out of the game. Talk about embarassing!

Cat

Oh well... the NL will have to try again next year. :-\\ They haven't won since 1996; they would have won last year if Eric Gagne had preserved the lead in the 9th inning.

Written By: PaperGirl on 07/15/04 at 10:37 am

Cat

Tell me about it....hometown hero my bunny butt!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/15/04 at 11:10 am

Cat
Well if he wouldn't have shaken off the pitches called by his catcher things may have turned out differently....Mike is the man :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/15/04 at 11:28 am

Well if he wouldn't have shaken off the pitches called by his catcher things may have turned out differently....Mike is the man :)

Yeah, he is. If only his batting was more consistant and he could learn to throw to second base.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/15/04 at 7:05 pm

Yeah, he is. If only his batting was more consistant and he could learn to throw to second base.  :-\\

Cat
I hear ya, Cat....I was happy to see that Clemens shook him off a lot though and therefore looks more the fool....after all Clemens threw at his head AND also was a jerk when he picked up Mike's broken bat and threw it towards him ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/15/04 at 7:44 pm

I hear ya, Cat....I was happy to see that Clemens shook him off a lot though and therefore looks more the fool....after all Clemens threw at his head AND also was a jerk when he picked up Mike's broken bat and threw it towards him ::)

I can still see the look on Mike's face when he threw that bat. It looked like he was saying, "Wtf are you doing, man?"

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/15/04 at 7:48 pm

I can still see the look on Mike's face when he threw that bat. It looked like he was saying, "Wtf are you doing, man?"

Cat
Yep...he is a moron. I lost the last bit of respect I had for him that day....I lost most for him when he traded his Red Sox uniform to become a robot member of the greed machine (Wankees)  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...