inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone remember DALE EARNHARDT?liked him,or hated him?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/09/04 at 7:28 pm

Do any of you racing fans(or nonfans)remember Dale'Intimidator'Earnhardt?I don't think there was any middle ground with THE GOODWRENCH BLACK #3,people either loved him or hated him...I thought he was cool-and gutsy!

Subject: Re: Does anyone remember DALE EARNHARDT?liked him,or hated him?

Written By: Dagwood on 07/09/04 at 9:26 pm

Didn't know much about him.  He was my ex's favorite racer.  I will admit that I was sad when he died.  Tough way to go...at least he went doing what he loved.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/10/04 at 4:50 pm

He was my favorite...no, I'm not Dagny's Ex...I think she's great though...as I had the good fortune to meet her earlier this year! Anyway, I root for Jr. now but will never forget all the great times I enjoyed watching "The Intimidator"....I alos think he was the best ever....remember he tied Richard Petty with 7 Championships although Petty had way more career wins, but that was because they ran a LOT more races early in Petty's career. Dale was, is and always will be...the greatest!

Written By: lorac614 on 07/10/04 at 5:54 pm

I didn't hate him, but he wasn't one of my favorites either.  It was sad to hear about his death.

It's funny there are very few deaths that I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard about it...Elvis is one and Dale Sr. is another (I'm not really sure WHY).  My family from NY was visiting me in Virginia (For you race fans out there, I live in Bristol, but I've never been to a Nascar race), we were in the kitchen finishing our dinner when we heard the news. 

Written By: Dagwood on 07/10/04 at 7:26 pm

no, I'm not Dagny's Ex

Of course not...you're human and I am still trying to figure out what species he was. ;)

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 07/19/04 at 2:09 am

Didn't know much about him.  He was my ex's favorite racer.  I will admit that I was sad when he died.  Tough way to go...at least he went doing what he loved.

Same here (except the ex part  ;) ).  I know I read it first, and not knowing who exactly he was, I read it to my husband, who did like racing, and he about fell out of his chair.
But I do agree, Dagwood.  At least the last thing he did was something he really loved.

Check for new replies or respond here...