inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NFL Season 2004

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/08/04 at 1:44 am

I am hoping my Denver Broncos start right by thumping the qeafs on Sunday....we shall see. Who is YOUR favorite team and how do you think they will do? I think my Broncos will be 9-7 and possibly make the playoffs...we are a few years away.  :-\\

Subject: Re: NFL Season 2004

Written By: Jessica on 09/08/04 at 11:48 am

You know who my favorite team is. ;)

I think it's kinda iffy on how they're going to do. A lot of new blood has come into the team. Maybe it will help. Then again, they could screw it up like last season. :P

And for anyone who watched the off season games, you know how close the Raiders wins and single loss were. So it might be quite a battle. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/08/04 at 2:11 pm

You know who my favorite team is. ;)

I think it's kinda iffy on how they're going to do. A lot of new blood has come into the team. Maybe it will help. Then again, they could screw it up like last season. :P

And for anyone who watched the off season games, you know how close the Raiders wins and single loss were. So it might be quite a battle. :)
Well...I hope we split the season series...I always wanted to sweep the Raiders....then I met YOU!

Written By: Apricot on 09/08/04 at 6:41 pm

I feel like I'm the only one who didn't get a new icon.... I don't really watch football.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/08/04 at 7:46 pm

I feel like I'm the only one who didn't get a new icon.... I don't really watch football.
That's alright, Apricot! It's not for everyone :)

Written By: AL-B on 09/09/04 at 10:46 pm

I am moving down to K.C. next week and my new place is about 3 miles from Arrowhead. I'm looking forward to some great AFC West battles! ;)

(Jessica--Thanks for Bill Callahan...I never thought I'd live to see the day when the Huskers ran the West Coast Offense but it's looking really good so far!)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/09/04 at 10:58 pm

I am moving down to K.C. next week and my new place is about 3 miles from Arrowhead. I'm looking forward to some great AFC West battles! ;)

(Jessica--Thanks for Bill Callahan...I never thought I'd live to see the day when the Huskers ran the West Coast Offense but it's looking really good so far!)
AL-B....my brother lives in Nebraska and though he's a fan he is kinda sick of the EASY schedules that the Huskers play EVERY year....as am I...but good luck anyway...except against my Colorado Buffaloes ;)

Written By: AL-B on 09/09/04 at 11:24 pm

AL-B....my brother lives in Nebraska and though he's a fan he is kinda sick of the EASY schedules that the Huskers play EVERY year....as am I...but good luck anyway...except against my Colorado Buffaloes ;)
We can further discuss this on the college board.

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/09/04 at 11:25 pm

This time the score was a lot closer. But once again, closer is not enough for the Colts as they lost again in New England 27-24. They had a chance to go ahead with about 3 minutes left, but Edge coughed up the ball on the 1 yard line, then Mike Vanderjagt missed a makeable field goal with a few seconds remaining. (Thanks to Willie McGinest for sacking Manning on the last play   ::) ) Add to that Peyton was intercepted on the same 1-yard line in the first quarter. The only consolation is that the defending champs usually falter after a big Monday night win. Let's hope the Pats lost some of the momentum that carried them last season.  

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/09/04 at 11:38 pm

We can further discuss this on the college board.
I'm there, AL-B  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/09/04 at 11:40 pm

This time the score was a lot closer. But once again, closer is not enough for the Colts as they lost again in New England 27-24. They had a chance to go ahead with about 3 minutes left, but Edge coughed up the ball on the 1 yard line, then Mike Vanderjagt missed a makeable field goal with a few seconds remaining. (Thanks to Willie McGinest for sacking Manning on the last play  ::)) Add to that Peyton was intercepted on the same 1-yard line in the first quarter. The only consolation is that the defending champs usually falter after a big Monday night win. Let's hope the Pats lost some of the momentum that carried them last season.  
Sorry, Indy :-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 09/10/04 at 6:02 am

There are lots of us out here like you Apricot.  I don't really watch, but my brother likes the Giants so I root for the Giants, I am in Massachusetts so I root for the Patriots,except for one game last year when they traded Lawyer Milloy to the Bills and the next game the played was against the Bills.  It was the only
game they lost last year, I think.

I am beginning to actually  like the Patriots because they push the team as opposed to star player.  Belichek is the best thing to happen to them.

Written By: joedeertae on 09/10/04 at 7:44 am

Houston Texans!!!
I feel pretty confident they will be able to beat the Chargers on Sunday.
I hope to see the Texans continue to improve at least a little this year as they have done thus far. I'm thinking/hoping 8/9 for this year.  ???

J.Dirt 8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/11/04 at 2:09 pm

Houston Texans!!!
I feel pretty confident they will be able to beat the Chargers on Sunday.
I hope to see the Texans continue to improve at least a little this year as they have done thus far. I'm thinking/hoping 8/9 for this year.  ???

J.Dirt 8)
Carr continues to improve! I like the Texans, joedeertae...besides they ARE my favorite team in that state ;)

Written By: joedeertae on 09/11/04 at 3:43 pm

.besides they ARE my favorite team in that state ;)

Amen RNRFan we don't like to talk about that "other" team in Texas  :P

J.Dirt 8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/11/04 at 4:10 pm

J.Dirt 8)
What? There's another team in Texas ??? ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/12/04 at 9:16 am

Denver kicks off thier game in less than 10 hours!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/12/04 at 7:02 pm

Cowboys lost....Steelers won....Broncos play in about 28 minutes :)

Written By: joedeertae on 09/12/04 at 8:43 pm

:( :\'( I just KNEW the Texans would beat San Diego!  :\'(
Goodnight All.

J.Dirt  8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/12/04 at 9:50 pm

:( :\'( I just KNEW the Texans would beat San Diego!  :\'(
Goodnight All.

J.Dirt  8)
Hey, they'll be back ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/12/04 at 10:32 pm

Refs blew a HUGE call to give KC it's lst TD but Denver now leads 27-24 early in the 4th.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/12/04 at 11:04 pm

Denver thumped Kansas City, 34-24 ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/13/04 at 6:24 pm

Congratulations, Rock.
Now let's cheer on our teams next week. The Colts take on the dreaded Titans, and the Broncs take on the pathetic Jaguars.

Denver thumped Kansas City, 34-24 ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/13/04 at 6:44 pm

Congratulations, Rock.
Now let's cheer on our teams next week. The Colts take on the dreaded Titans, and the Broncs take on the pathetic Jaguars.

Thanks, Indy...those wins over the Chiefs are always a little sweeter than the rest ;) Best of luck to your Colts!

Written By: joedeertae on 09/14/04 at 8:26 am

Anybody want to join a Survival Fantasy football group? It's FREE and all you need to join is a FREE Yahoo! I.D. This is a new game in Yahoo! Fantasy Sports and all you have to do is pick any team for the week to win, if you are correct you move on :), if you are wrong, your are out. :( We tried it last week but out of 18 people there are only 3 left so I would like to get more peeps to participate. If you are interested see this link http://tinyurl.com/3oacf for more info or to sign up.

Join Privet Group
Group ID#: 31297
Password: knustrules

J.Dirt 8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/14/04 at 2:29 pm

Thanks joedeertae! I'm in :)

Written By: joedeertae on 09/14/04 at 2:34 pm

Thanks joedeertae! I'm in :)

Thanks and Cool! RNRFan :D I kinda thunk you would be  :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/14/04 at 4:12 pm

Thanks and Cool! RNRFan :D I kinda thunk you would be  :P

No Problem, joedeertae ;)

Written By: nally on 09/15/04 at 4:02 pm

I don't normally watch football games, mostly because my neck of the woods has been without a franchise for about ten years now. (The Rams, who used to be in L.A., are now in St. Louie. ::)) My dad always likes to check out the scores though; he likes sports. So whoever wins and makes it to the postseason is fine with me. ;)

Written By: Koop on 09/15/04 at 4:19 pm

@#$%-ing Miami lost!!!  >:( (my #1 favorite)  But I was happy that the Falcons won.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/19/04 at 12:03 pm

*Bumping* this up...it IS Sunday, after all :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/19/04 at 3:13 pm

Denver fumbled away a chance to win in the last minute but Jacksonville played great defensively to win 7-6 :-\\

Written By: joedeertae on 09/19/04 at 6:30 pm

ARRrrhhhhhhh!!!!  :( the Texas lost AGAIN :( This is the second week I played them in survival football and they killed me again! I mean... you would think I would know better than to trust them, after all they ARE a Houston team and I should know better by now  ???

(but... I DID win 50 bucks on a football pot with the final score ;D)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/19/04 at 8:01 pm

ARRrrhhhhhhh!!!!  :( the Texas lost AGAIN :( This is the second week I played them in survival football and they killed me again! I mean... you would think I would know better than to trust them, after all they ARE a Houston team and I should know better by now  ???

(but... I DID win 50 bucks on a football pot with the final score ;D)
Sorry your team lost but I'm happy that you won some money ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/20/04 at 1:52 am

I'm sorry your Broncos lost, but on the bright side, my Colts clobbered the Tita**es in their own backyard 31-17. Peyton wasn't spectacular, but Reggie Wayne and Edge were superb. The defense even played well like they should. Next up, the dreaded Green Bay Packers at the Dome. The Pack lost big time at Lambeau to the Chicago Bears. :-\\

Sorry your team lost but I'm happy that you won some money ;)

Written By: joedeertae on 09/20/04 at 5:50 am

Thanks Fellers ;) If things don't change I may have to be a "Bandwagon Fan" :D That way I only have to be a fan when(if) they are kickin' arse  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 09/20/04 at 6:29 am

I have never been real big on football, unlike my sister(49er'S) and brother (Giants), but I have been
routing for the Pats, only because of the coach.  I like Bill Belichek, seems like a real gentleman, at least the is the way he conducts himself in public, and sadly that seems to be a rare commodity in the sports these days.  So I'll go for the Pats.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/20/04 at 8:40 am

I'm sorry your Broncos lost, but on the bright side, my Colts clobbered the Tita**es in their own backyard 31-17. Peyton wasn't spectacular, but Reggie Wayne and Edge were superb. The defense even played well like they should. Next up, the dreaded Green Bay Packers at the Dome. The Pack lost big time at Lambeau to the Chicago Bears. :-\\

Thanks, Indy Gent. Congratulations to your Colts :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/20/04 at 10:32 am

Tony Dungy is another one of those real gentleman coaches.  ;)
I have never been real big on football, unlike my sister(49er'S) and brother (Giants), but I have been
routing for the Pats, only because of the coach.  I like Bill Belichek, seems like a real gentleman, at least the is the way he conducts himself in public, and sadly that seems to be a rare commodity in the sports these days.  So I'll go for the Pats.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/20/04 at 10:41 am

Tony Dungy is another one of those real gentleman coaches.  ;)

Then I'll root for him, too.  (I'm a slut for a gentleman coaches) :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/20/04 at 10:51 am

Then I'll root for him, too.  (I'm a slut for a gentleman coaches) :D
The coach of Denver (Mike Shanahan) is a very nice guy....heck, even Dick Vermeil of the Kansas City Cheifs is a great guy...though KC is a huge rival of my Broncos ::)

Written By: joedeertae on 09/20/04 at 11:26 am

...though KC is a huge rival of my Broncos ::)

as well as my Texans this weekend

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/20/04 at 6:23 pm

as well as my Texans this weekend
GO Texans :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/20/04 at 10:54 pm

The Philadelphia Eagles are beating up on the Minnesota Vikings late in the 4th....24-9 with 5:00 left :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/20/04 at 11:23 pm

Philly won :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/22/04 at 10:31 am

I heard your hated Qeafs Briefs got embarrassed at home by the defending NFC Champs Carolina 28-17. You gotta be happy for that, Rock. ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/22/04 at 1:37 pm

I heard your hated Qeafs got embarrassed at home by the defending NFC Champs Carolina 28-17. You gotta be happy for that, Rock. ;)
Be careful what you call them, Indy Gent...we have a wanna be like two banned members around here ::)

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/22/04 at 3:59 pm

Would the "Briefs" be any better? ;D

Be careful what you call them, Indy Gent...we have a wanna be like two banned members around here ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/22/04 at 4:38 pm

Would the "Briefs" be any better? ;D

Yes...but as I was told.."If  you're thinking like that the Broncos would be the Jackasses".... ::) I believe someone may have "Come back from the banned" as someone else ???

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/22/04 at 6:06 pm

That has happened on several occasions. Both of those happened on the old board. But I shall not make the same mistake as those cretins, wherever they are. BTW, Go Colts!!!!!! :)

Yes...but as I was told.."If  you're thinking like that the Broncos would be the Jackasses".... ::) I believe someone may have "Come back from the banned" as someone else ???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/22/04 at 7:23 pm

That has happened on several occasions. Both of those happened on the old board. But I shall not make the same mistake as those cretins, wherever they are. BTW, Go Colts!!!!!! :)

Yep...go Colts and go Broncos :)

Written By: standinghampton on 09/22/04 at 10:05 pm

I believe you're talking about me, in which case I say get a grip. Just because I don't like the Broncos doesn't make me a "reincarnated" board member or a Chiefs fan. I just don't give teams I dislike cute little nicknames... silly me. ::)

And if you must know, I'm a fan of the Chargers, although I don't usually say that out loud.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/22/04 at 10:11 pm

I believe you're talking about me, in which case I say get a grip. Just because I don't like the Broncos doesn't make me a "reincarnated" board member or a Chiefs fan. I just don't give teams I dislike cute little nicknames... silly me. ::)

And if you must know, I'm a fan of the Chargers, although I don't usually say that out loud.
Sorry...I'll put those ghosts to rest just like Indy Gent. As for the Chargers....you guys have a helluva running back! I personally LOVE the old powder blue iniforms they used to wear in the 60's to early 70's. I still have a tape from '94 where they beat the Raiders in those retro's....when Natrone Means carried the ball :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/26/04 at 3:39 pm

Hey Kansas City is O and 3 :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/26/04 at 6:07 pm

Denver moved to 2-1 with a victory over the Chargers, 23-13 :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/26/04 at 8:17 pm

And the Colts win again, beating the Green Bay Packers 45-31. Manning and Favre combined for 750 yards passing. :o And the porous Colts defensive secondary finally made a game clinching play (Nick Harper recovering Javon Walker's fumble to set up the last TD. ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/26/04 at 9:46 pm

And the Colts win again, beating the Green Bay Packers 45-31. Manning and Favre combined for 750 yards passing. :o And the porous Colts defensive secondary finally made a game clinching play (Nick Harper recovering Javon Walker's fumble to set up the last TD. ;D
Way to go....Congratulations, Indy :) (hee-hee-hee...the Chiefs are O and three) :)

Written By: Kenlos on 09/27/04 at 12:14 am

I am a huge Atlanta Falcons fan have been since 1992.  It was ugly but they won 6-3 over Arizona to move to 3-0 on this season, their best start since 1986.  Next up the Panthers.

Written By: joedeertae on 09/27/04 at 7:43 am

Hey Kansas City is O and 3 :)

That's right the Cheifs are 0-3  ;D Finally the Texans git' 'er done! ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/27/04 at 10:32 pm

Washington is catching the CowPIES....they just scored to make it 14-10!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/28/04 at 9:02 am

21-18 boys win ::) :P

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/28/04 at 9:05 am

Which is why I haven't been a big Redskin fan in awhile, but I will still despise the Cowpies for eternity. And let's hope they don't win another Super Bowl again. (Also, the Raiders, Steelers, 49ers, Packers, and Patriots. Your Broncos are spared for now, Rock. ;))
21-18 boys win ::) :P

Written By: joedeertae on 09/28/04 at 10:26 am

And let's hope they don't win another Super Bowl again.

EVER!! I too despise the cowgurlz and I did NOT jump on the bandwagon when the Oilers left Houston. I was alone and with no team for too long :\'(  and now I said NOW I have the good ol' Texans to fall ::) back on, sorta :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/28/04 at 3:21 pm

Which is why I haven't been a big Redskin fan in awhile, but I will still despise the Cowpies for eternity. And let's hope they don't win another Super Bowl again. (Also, the Raiders, Steelers, 49ers, Packers, and Patriots. Your Broncos are spared for now, Rock. ;))

Thanks, Indy...I never thought the "Drug-boys" deserved a Super Bowl but....they did win 3 in the 90's. I had respect for Troy Aikman though :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/29/04 at 8:58 am

I guess you got to respect a man who plays even during his concussions. And Aikman had his few (about seven during his career. Still, when you got show-off Leon Lett and ignoramus Michael Irvin, not to mention big spender Jerry Jones, it's hard for me to root for Dallas.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/29/04 at 9:12 am

I guess you got to respect a man who plays even during his concussions. And Aikman had his few (about seven during his career. Still, when you got show-off Leon Lett and ignoramus Michael Irvin, not to mention big spender Jerry Jones, it's hard for me to root for Dallas.
Until Jessica came along I used to pick the boys over Oakland...but no more :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/29/04 at 10:19 am

I wouldn't even watch a Dallas-Oakland game. I'd like to see the Colts whip either of these teams.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/29/04 at 10:28 am

I wouldn't even watch a Dallas-Oakland game. I'd like to see the Colts whip either of these teams.
I hate Dallas. I also hate KC....even so much that I's settle for a Broncos/Raiders split as long as Both teams SWEEP the Chiefs :D

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/29/04 at 10:30 am

And the Colts always beat the Chiefs. And they should again late this season. Trent Green stinks as a QB.

I hate Dallas. I also hate KC....even so much that I's settle for a Broncos/Raiders split as long as Both teams SWEEP the Chiefs :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/29/04 at 10:31 am

And the Colts always beat the Chiefs. And they should again late this season. Trent Green stinks as a QB.

I liked the way he "Whined" along with thier fans last season in Denver when Portis ran wild. Green was crying to the refs as usual and the look on his face was....priceless :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/29/04 at 10:41 am

Must be an Indiana thing, since Green was a former IU QB.  ::)
Jeff George whined all through his career. Can't judge Rex Grossman, though, since he's injured and out. Ken Dilger was O.K.

I liked the way he "Whined" along with thier fans last season in Denver when Portis ran wild. Green was crying to the refs as usual and the look on his face was....priceless :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/29/04 at 10:42 am

Must be an Indiana thing

Well, I know that you and Donna are NOT whiners!

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/29/04 at 10:44 am

And I'm sure KimberIndy isn't one either.

Well, I know that you and Donna are NOT whiners!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/29/04 at 10:47 am

And I'm sure KimberIndy isn't one either.

Good point ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 10/03/04 at 4:06 pm

Belichek just keeps those Pats going.  He's doing things that Parcells could only dream of.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/03/04 at 4:10 pm

Belichek just keeps those Pats going.  He's doing things that Parcells could only dream of.
And they joined an elite group of only six other teams with 18 straight wins...including Denver :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/03/04 at 6:23 pm

Denver won ugly in Tampa today, 16-13 :)

Written By: Kenlos on 10/03/04 at 7:22 pm

Falcons also won an ugly one 27-10 over the Panthers, to improve to 4-0.  There was 21 penalties in the game between the two teams.

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/04/04 at 12:30 am

Final score:

Colts 24, F Jags 17

Keep it goin', Colts!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: joedeertae on 10/04/04 at 5:26 am

Go 2ston! Thats 2 in a row  :o ;D
Texans 30
Raiders 17

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/04/04 at 7:41 am

WOAH! 

What is going on here?
Atlanta: 27
Carolina: 10

The Falcons are 4-0!?  HELL YEAH!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/04/04 at 9:49 am

Go 2ston! Thats 2 in a row  :o ;D
Texans 30
Raiders 17
That's two AFC West opponents in as many weeks...thanks for the help. Now I just hope you don't beat my Broncos November 7th in Denver :D

Written By: Kenlos on 10/04/04 at 10:20 am

WOAH! 

What is going on here?
Atlanta: 27
Carolina: 10

The Falcons are 4-0!?  HELL YEAH!!

Yep, and the Falcons have Detroit and San Diego coming up next and as long as Falcons play the way they have been they should be 6-0 after those games and if KC continues to slide then the Falcons have a chance to start 7-0.

Written By: Koop on 10/04/04 at 2:38 pm

Yep, and the Falcons have Detroit and San Diego coming up next and as long as Falcons play the way they have been they should be 6-0 after those games and if KC continues to slide then the Falcons have a chance to start 7-0.

I'm glad to see my home team doing well for once....especially since my other favorite, Miami, is doing so horribly.  GO FALCONS!!!  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/04/04 at 4:58 pm

I'm glad to see my home team doing well for once....especially since my other favorite, Miami, is doing so horribly.  GO FALCONS!!!  :)
I wouldn't mind if they whooped up on the Chiefs :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/04/04 at 7:21 pm

Shanahan beats Gruden again. Who woulda thunk it!?? ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/04/04 at 8:10 pm

Shanahan beats Gruden again. Who woulda thunk it!?? ;)

;)

Written By: scarletgail on 10/05/04 at 4:57 pm

my second fav is miami too but my number one is cowboys has been since i can remember ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/05/04 at 5:17 pm

Boo hiss! :P  ;)

my number one is cowboys has been since i can remember ;)

Written By: scarletgail on 10/05/04 at 5:32 pm

Boo hiss! :P  ;)

HEY lmao I'm use to that I live in calif so i'm really use to it :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/05/04 at 5:35 pm

HEY lmao I'm use to that I live in calif so i'm really use to it :P
I HATES them Cowpies ;)

Written By: scarletgail on 10/05/04 at 5:39 pm

I HATES them Cowpies ;)
Hey ok now gloves r off lol ;) :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/05/04 at 5:46 pm

Hey ok now gloves r off lol ;) :P
bring it ON ;)

Written By: scarletgail on 10/05/04 at 5:47 pm

bring it ON ;)
give me a min i'm digging up dirt on the broncos ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/05/04 at 6:18 pm

give me a min i'm digging up dirt on the broncos ;)
it'll take you more time than that...while I can tell you all about the "Drug-boys" of the 90's ::) ;)

Written By: joedeertae on 10/06/04 at 6:04 am

but my number one is cowboys has been since i can remember ;)

COWGIRLS! :o yuck pa-tooie  :P I no lika da Cowgirls. Which is actually kinda odd because, growing up my family on my dads side were BIG Cowboy fans  :-different team ::) so to speak.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/06/04 at 8:56 am

COWGIRLS! :o yuck pa-tooie  :P I no lika da Cowgirls. Which is actually kinda odd because, growing up my family on my dads side were BIG Cowboy fans  :-different team ::) so to speak.
Yeah but I NEVER considered them "America's Team" :P

Written By: joedeertae on 10/06/04 at 9:24 am

Yeah but I NEVER considered them "America's Team" :P

Same here RnRFan. Where did that come from anyway? I've always heard it but never knew who started it or why.
Is it because they were so popular back in the day w/ their Superbowl trips and such or was it just a phrase that cought on?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/06/04 at 10:18 am

Same here RnRFan. Where did that come from anyway? I've always heard it but never knew who started it or why.
Is it because they were so popular back in the day w/ their Superbowl trips and such or was it just a phrase that cought on?
I think it was uttered by some sportscaster back in the 70's....not sure. It pisses me off though just like that stupid "Superstation" WTBS calling the Braves "America's Team" ::)

Written By: joedeertae on 10/06/04 at 10:33 am

just like that stupid "Superstation" WTBS calling the Braves "America's Team" ::)

Well, that one I can understand b/c it's in our National Anthem  "... and the home of the braves."  :D ;D :-(sorry i couldn't help myself)

Written By: scarletgail on 10/06/04 at 11:47 am

LOL you guys wait let me bring my own rope for the hanging :o ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/06/04 at 12:01 pm

Bring Forty so we can hang the WHOLE team...and bring one extra big one for Coach "Tuna"... :D ;)

Written By: joedeertae on 10/06/04 at 1:51 pm

Bring Forty so we can hang the WHOLE team...and bring one extra big one for Coach "Tuna"... :D ;)

ROFL @ Y'all ;D  ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/06/04 at 7:35 pm

Let's hope Joe Gibbs doesn't lose his ability to beat the 'boys in their own backyard. Go Skins and beat the skin out of Tuna for once. ;)

Written By: scarletgail on 10/07/04 at 2:58 pm

Hey  :o coach tuna yikes! lmao hey i've i've gone thru my boys super bowl rings being handcuffs I can hang and tell me what ur words taste like after u eat em at the end of the season ;)

Written By: scarletgail on 10/07/04 at 3:01 pm

Let's hope Joe Gibbs doesn't lose his ability to beat the 'boys in their own backyard. Go Skins and beat the skin out of Tuna for once. ;)
The skins? beating my boys? oh well it's good to dream ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/07/04 at 4:48 pm

It's no dream, scarletgirl. The 'Skins will win in Irving. The Tuna is in for some revenge. ;)

The skins? beating my boys? oh well it's good to dream ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/07/04 at 6:33 pm

I just remembered another reason to Hate the 'Boys....thier stupid owner has ALL that money and yet they have a HOLE in thier roff ::)

Written By: scarletgail on 10/07/04 at 6:44 pm

It's no dream, scarletgirl. The 'Skins will win in Irving. The Tuna is in for some revenge. ;)

wrong grasshopper ;) :)

Written By: scarletgail on 10/07/04 at 6:45 pm

I just remembered another reason to Hate the 'Boys....thier stupid owner has ALL that money and yet they have a HOLE in thier roff ::)
and your point? lmao ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/07/04 at 6:47 pm

and your point? lmao ;)

and your point? lmao ;)
Well....I misspelled "Roof!" :D

Written By: joedeertae on 10/07/04 at 6:48 pm

yeah they got a hole in their roff :P ;D LOL!

Written By: scarletgail on 10/07/04 at 6:49 pm

Well....I misspelled "Roof!" :D
lol awwww it's hard to be perfect in an imperfect world ;) :-*

Written By: scarletgail on 10/07/04 at 6:51 pm

yeah they got a hole in their roff :P ;D LOL!
now i'm curious is there such a word? for some reason if there is it's not good i'm thinking :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/07/04 at 6:52 pm

lol awwww it's hard to be perfect in an imperfect world ;) :-*
Especially if you;re a Dallas Cowboy :P ;) :-*

Written By: scarletgail on 10/07/04 at 6:55 pm

Especially if you;re a Dallas Cowboy :P ;) :-*
hmmm now where did i put my my whip and chains lol :P ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/07/04 at 9:17 pm

hmmm now where did i put my my whip and chains lol :P ;)
Ummmm...I could buy us some ;)

Written By: scarletgail on 10/07/04 at 9:44 pm

Ummmm...I could buy us some ;)
LOL :o ;) :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/07/04 at 10:43 pm

LOL :o ;) :P
I am as serious as a heart-attack ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/08/04 at 6:48 pm

We'll see, Cowgirl. ;)

wrong grasshopper ;) :)

Written By: scarletgail on 10/08/04 at 8:35 pm

We'll see, Cowgirl. ;)

wanna make this interesting? ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/08/04 at 8:55 pm

wanna make this interesting? ;)
I Do!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/10/04 at 10:49 am

Well, today My Broncos play Carolina.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/10/04 at 2:55 pm

Giants 26 Cowboys 10....Now Micael Strahan can yell BACK at that Cowpie fan in that commercial...How 'BOUT Them Cowboys!  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 10/10/04 at 3:26 pm

Belichek has one for the books :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/10/04 at 4:17 pm

Belichek has one for the books :)
Congratulations to your Patriots, DanootaAndMe....you guys passed My Broncos and I bielieve, 6 other teams ???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/10/04 at 6:17 pm

Denver beat Carolina :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/10/04 at 8:38 pm

Colts crush the Raiders 35-14. ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/10/04 at 8:44 pm

Colts crush the Raiders 35-14. ;D

Congratulations, Indy...but sorry to Jessica :-\\

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/10/04 at 8:47 pm

I'm sorry for Jessica, and Rice Cube, if he's still a Raiders fan. :(

Congratulations, Indy...but sorry to Jessica :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/10/04 at 8:49 pm

I'm sorry for Jessica, and Rice Cube, if he's still a Raiders fan. :(

I'm certain he still is. Like I told Jessica though...I'll take a split every year with the Raiders as long as we both sweep those Chiefs ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/10/04 at 10:57 pm

I'm glad we don't have to play the Raiders twice like the Broncos do. I think the Colts the best in their division, and they haven't even played Houston yet. At least they have a week off before they beat the Jags again at the Dome, I hope. ;)

I'm certain he still is. Like I told Jessica though...I'll take a split every year with the Raiders as long as we both sweep those Chiefs ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/10/04 at 10:58 pm

I'm glad we don't have to play the Raiders twice like the Broncos do. I think the Colts the best in their division, and they haven't even played Houston yet. At least they have a week off before they beat the Jags again at the Dome, I hope. ;)

I hope as well, Indy!  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/11/04 at 5:55 pm

Hey Jessica...I wish your Raiders good luck next week as my Broncos travel to Oakland! But, if your team wins we need to beat Oakland in Denver later this year. You guys also need to sweep the Chiefs...we've beaten them once already ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/17/04 at 9:28 am

*Bumping this up from nearly page Three! Not on page one on Sunday....I think NOT!  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/17/04 at 3:01 pm

Kansas City just LOST! Jacksonville came back to win 22-16 :)
http://www.retroradionetwork.com/retrocommunity/YaBBImages/avatars/chiefb_1.gif

Written By: danootaandme on 10/17/04 at 3:53 pm

Belicheks Pats do it again! They have broken a record set in the 1934 :o

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/17/04 at 4:38 pm

Belicheks Pats do it again! They have broken a record set in the 1934 :o
Congrats to Your Pats, DanootaAndMe ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/17/04 at 6:26 pm

Denver knocked off Oakland....sorry Jess :-\\ Mike Shanahan is now 15-4 against the Raiders. Oh yeah...the Cowboys were beaten by Pittsburgh 24-20 :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/17/04 at 11:58 pm

Sorry, Jess and RnRF. I'll never root for the Raiders. But congrats to your Broncos, Rock. And better luck next week, Jess.
P.S.: Vinny Testaverde fumbling the ball to the Steeler defense with less than 3 minutes remaining and the 'boys leading 20-17 took some of the sting from Kyle Orton doing likewise with Purdue the previous day. 8)

Denver knocked off Oakland....sorry Jess :-\\ Mike Shanahan is now 15-4 against the Raiders. Oh yeah...the Cowboys were beaten by Pittsburgh 24-20 :)

Written By: joedeertae on 10/18/04 at 5:03 am

Texans got another one! ;D
20-10 over the Oilers Titans.

Written By: Kenlos on 10/18/04 at 10:51 am

Falcons won over the Chargers 21-20 to improve to 5-1 on the season.  Play KC next week.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/18/04 at 3:31 pm

Falcons won over the Chargers 21-20 to improve to 5-1 on the season.  Play KC next week.
I hope Atlanta gives them a good whooping!

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/18/04 at 7:14 pm

I hope so too. Looks like the Chiefs will finish 4-12. ;)

I hope Atlanta gives them a good whooping!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/18/04 at 8:19 pm

I hope so too. Looks like the Chiefs will finish 4-12. ;)

I'm hoping for 1-15! But as long as Denver wins the next one @ KC on Dec. 7th I'll be happy ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/19/04 at 4:10 pm

And I'm hopin' the Colts beat 'em again at Arrowhead on Halloween. ;)

I'm hoping for 1-15! But as long as Denver wins the next one @ KC on Dec. 7th I'll be happy ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/19/04 at 6:28 pm

That would be....Brilliant!

Written By: ... (ellipsis) on 10/28/04 at 11:57 am

Let's bump this thread back up to page one, shall we?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/28/04 at 5:58 pm

Chop talk: Broncos coach defends team’s blocking tactics

By FRANK SCHWAB THE GAZETTE

ENGLEWOOD - Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan was defensive Wednesday about his offensive line’s scrutinized techniques, which include cut blocking opponents low on their legs.

Reacting to criticism after offensive tackle George Foster’s cut block Monday broke Bengals defensive tackle Tony Williams’ ankle and ended his season, Shanahan brought the media into a team meeting room and showed a video of other teams employing cut blocking techniques.

A few of the plays showed Cincinnati’s linemen cut blocking Denver’s players, and then there were about four instances of Pittsburgh’s offensive linemen cut blocking opponents.

Not coincidentally, Steelers coach Bill Cowher said Tuesday he would never condone the type of block Foster made.

Williams was pursuing Jake Plummer on a bootleg pass when Foster hit him low.

NFL spokesman Steve Alic said Foster’s block was legal, and Foster won’t be fined. Although it was within the rules, there have been gripes that cut blocks are unethical because they endanger players.

“I know if I would have lost one of our players with that type of play, I would be very upset about it,” said Cowher, according to the transcript of the press conference on the Steelers’ Web site. “It is not illegal, but I would certainly never condone that on our football team.”

“I was a little offended with Bill Cowher’s statement because they do it,” Shanahan said.

Among the Steelers plays Shanahan showed, one involved Pittsburgh guard Alan Faneca hitting Oakland nose tackle Ted Washington below the knees.

“I’m not saying I condone this right here,” Shanahan said, mocking Cowher’s words as he rewinded the play and highlighted the block with a red laser pointer.

Shanahan showed about eight plays, and all of them were cut blocks similar to the ones the Broncos employ.

Shanahan’s point was that while the Broncos cut block, everybody else in the league does it, too. Cut blocks are legal as long as the player does not hit an opponent from behind or do it when the opponent is engaged with another lineman.

“It goes on every week in the National Football League,” Shanahan said. “It’s been going on for years and years and years.”

According to the Bengals’ Web site, Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis said Wednesday he agreed with Cowher’s statements and brought up Jacksonville defensive end Paul Spicer, who suffered a broken leg on a low block against Denver earlier this season. The Broncos said that block, which was by Matt Lepsis after Reuben Droughns knocked Spicer back, was inadvertent. The NFL did not fine anyone for that hit either.

“It’s unfortunate,” Lewis told the Bengals’ Web site. “It’s something I’m sure the competition committee will look at. From what I understand, this is the second player that was injured playing against the Denver Broncos on blocks (that were) supposedly legal, but really not needed, not necessary.”

The Broncos’ offensive linemen refuse to be interviewed during the season. Foster is the designated spokesman for the line, but was not in available on Wednesday. Foster said after Monday’s game he felt bad for Williams, but the hit was part of the game.

The Broncos play Atlanta this week, another team that employs the same techniques as Denver because former Broncos offensive line coach Alex Gibbs is in his first year as the Falcons’ offensive line coach.

Falcons coach Jim Mora said he has no problem with cut blocking because it is within the rules.

“I have never one time heard Alex (Gibbs) talk about hurting somebody,” Mora said. “Never once have I heard him use the words, ‘Hey, hurt this guy.’ ”

Written By: scarletgail on 10/28/04 at 8:01 pm

I'm gonna sit quietly here with egg on my face and pray for a miracle lol :-[

Written By: joedeertae on 10/29/04 at 7:00 am

I'm gonna sit quietly here with egg on my face and pray for a miracle lol :-[

LOL ;D Them Cowgurls sure make it tough somtimes huh?
That's OK though I'll sit beside you for much of the season w/my Texans too! :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/31/04 at 4:18 pm

Philly is about to go 7-0 :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/31/04 at 5:39 pm

Congratulations, reluctantly to the Kansas City Chiefs in finally beating the Colts 45-35. Peyton threw for 472 yards, but Trent Green also thew for 389 yards and Priest Holmes outplayed Edge by a bunch. We'll have to turn the corner next Monday night against the Vikequeens at the Dome. :(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/31/04 at 5:43 pm

Congratulations, reluctantly to the Kansas City Chiefs in finally beating the Colts 45-35. Peyton threw for 472 yards, but Trent Green also thew for 389 yards and Priest Holmes outplayed Edge by a bunch. We'll have to turn the corner next Monday night against the Vikequeens at the Dome. :(
I'm sorry about the loss, Indy. I too hope you guys win next at the Hefty-Dome  ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/31/04 at 5:44 pm

LOL! ;D

Hefty-Dome  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/31/04 at 7:29 pm

Well, don't feel too bad Indy. My Broncos look like they're gonna lose to the Falcons despite a carrer high 197 recieving yards by Rod Smith :-\\

Written By: joedeertae on 11/01/04 at 1:10 pm

Thats two in a row for the mighty Texans... :)
Can we go one more in your hometown RNRFan?
It's me & you baby......... LETS GET IT ON!!  :-(but not too much)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/01/04 at 3:11 pm

Thats two in a row for the mighty Texans... :)
Can we go one more in your hometown RNRFan?
It's me & you baby......... LETS GET IT ON!!  :-(but not too much)
Joe, the way your Texans are playing combined with the way Denver has been lately...you don't need any luck :D

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/01/04 at 7:00 pm

Same deal with the Colts. Although the team is only a 1/2 game behind Jacksonville, Manning and Co. will have to face the Texans twice and Tennessee once, not to mention Minnesota on Monday night. With the recent bad luck the locals have been dealt with, I'll be surprised if the Colts finish 10-6, good enough for the playoffs, but not the finish we are looking for. Good luck Texans and better luck Broncos.

Joe, the way your Texans are playing combined with the way Denver has been lately...you don't need any luck :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/01/04 at 8:06 pm

Same deal with the Colts. Although the team is only a 1/2 game behind Jacksonville, Manning and Co. will have to face the Texans twice and Tennessee once, not to mention Minnesota on Monday night. With the recent bad luck the locals have been dealt with, I'll be surprised if the Colts finish 10-6, good enough for the playoffs, but not the finish we are looking for. Good luck Texans and better luck Broncos.

Well, good luck to your Colts and thanks for the kind words about my Broncos, Indy :)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/02/04 at 8:28 am

Night night to the Patriots streak.  Belicheck, of course, lost gracefully, praising the Steelers for
their win.  You gotta love him. :)

Written By: joedeertae on 11/02/04 at 8:44 am

Thanks for the well-ish wishes fellers. It would be great to see my Texans make a big showing this year. ;D :D
Still, I bid you good luck with your Colts Indy and your Broncos RnRFan.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/02/04 at 10:03 am

Thanks for the well-ish wishes fellers. It would be great to see my Texans make a big showing this year. ;D :D
Still, I bid you good luck with your Cots Indy and your Broncos RnRFan.
Thanks, Joe...and to you too ;)

Written By: Elvis on 11/02/04 at 3:45 pm

Sorry R and R Fan about MY Falcons beating up your Broncos- Truce?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/02/04 at 3:47 pm

Sorry R and R Fan about MY Falcons beating up your Broncos- Truce?
No Problem, Elvis....Michael Vick put on quite a show!

Written By: Elvis on 11/02/04 at 3:55 pm

Vick is special. We have a good team and need a little more seasoning to be better. In all fairness your Broncos killed us in the Super Bowl- seems we played our best game against Minnesota two weeks before we lost to you guys. It's cool that we agree on political agenda's  also. Thanks.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/02/04 at 3:59 pm

Vick is special. We have a good team and need a little more seasoning to be better. In all fairness your Broncos killed us in the Super Bowl- seems we played our best game against Minnesota two weeks before we lost to you guys. It's cool that we agree on political agenda's  also. Thanks.
;)

Written By: Elvis on 11/02/04 at 4:00 pm

Things are looking good- know what I mean?

Written By: Just_Brit on 11/03/04 at 12:07 am

someone tel me please tel me you don't think carolina ia a fluke? i've been telling people they are seriously seriously injured and everyone keeps blaming the (cute) quaterback and saying he's trash and i keep telling people they're good just missing a LOT of key players.

go carolina! *waves her solitary flag*

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/03/04 at 12:17 am

I don't think that Carolina was a fluke last year, but they are this year. Sorry, just brit. :(
someone tel me please tel me you don't think carolina ia a fluke? i've been telling people they are seriously seriously injured and everyone keeps blaming the (cute) quaterback and saying he's trash and i keep telling people they're good just missing a LOT of key players.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/03/04 at 12:32 am

Carolina is a great team....I think they're just having a rough year :-\\

Written By: scarletgail on 11/03/04 at 8:25 am

Is anybody gonna have pity on me? or let me cry alone :\'( poor cowboys

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/03/04 at 8:52 am

You already KNOW how I feel about you...but you already know how I feel about Dallas ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/03/04 at 7:46 pm

I have pity on you in that you're a fan of such an overrated team and overrated coach. ;D
And besides, I'm not asking for pity myself even though my #2 team, the Redskins, always lose to Dallas. :(

Written By: joedeertae on 11/04/04 at 8:08 am

It's a pity that you are a Cowboys fan :P :D ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/04/04 at 11:28 pm

And it'll be a pity for you that you're a Texans fan when the Colts sweep them again. (Kinock wood. ;))

It's a pity that you are a Cowboys fan :P :D ;)

Written By: joedeertae on 11/05/04 at 7:02 am

And it'll be a pity for you that you're a Texans fan when the Colts sweep them again. (Kinock wood. ;))

;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/07/04 at 8:38 am

I wish your Texans best of luck today against my Broncos, JoeDeertae ;)

Written By: joedeertae on 11/07/04 at 8:48 am

I wish your Texans best of luck today against my Broncos, JoeDeertae ;)

Back atcha RnRFan... I hope it's at least a good game and both teams make a great showing. ;) :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/07/04 at 9:01 am

Back atcha RnRFan... I hope it's at least a good game and both teams make a great showing. ;) :)

;) The way Denver has been playing lately....I HOPE it's a good game!

Written By: joedeertae on 11/07/04 at 6:04 pm

;) The way Denver has been playing lately....I HOPE it's a good game!

:\'( :-X

congrats to your Broncos RnRFan........

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/07/04 at 6:51 pm

Thanks, JoeDeertae :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/07/04 at 6:55 pm

Rams LOST!  AND..Brian Greise...former Bronco...helped Tampa Bay knock off the Chiefs :D

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/07/04 at 7:34 pm

Congratulations, RocknRollfan, on both. And congrats to Jessica's Raiders for knocking off Carolina, which has become the biggest disappointment this year.
Rams LOST!  AND..Brian Greise...former Bronco...helped Tampa Bay knock off the Chiefs :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/07/04 at 11:01 pm

Congratulations, RocknRollfan, on both. And congrats to Jessica's Raiders for knocking off Carolina, which has become the biggest disappointment this year.

Yep, congrats to Jess and thanks for the kind words, Indy ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/08/04 at 10:36 pm

The Colts are going to beat Minnesota tonight...sayeth ME! They lead 28-21 late in the 4th :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/09/04 at 12:08 am

And the Colts do win, 31-28 on a Mike Vanderjagt field goal. And Edge gained 118 yards.

Written By: joedeertae on 11/09/04 at 6:07 am

Congrats on the wins Indy and Rock! Good game BTW last night Indy.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/09/04 at 8:29 am

Thanks Joe, and congratulations, Indy ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/09/04 at 12:58 pm

Thanks again Guys, and good luck to the Texans against our Colts, and better luck for the Colts. ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/11/04 at 9:31 pm

Denver has next week off so I can give ALL my energy for the Cheifs to lose :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/15/04 at 2:50 pm

Congrats to Indy and his Colts (Sorry, JoeDeerTae)....AND the qeafs losta again!! :DI hope the Eagles can dump all over the cowpies tonight in "Big D" ::)

Written By: joedeertae on 11/15/04 at 3:25 pm

Congrats Indy :-\\ What a game for Manning :P I'll tell you what sux though... I got Manning on one of my Fantasy Football teams and it's hard not to root for him. :(

Congrats to Indy and his Colts (Sorry, JoeDeerTae)....AND the qeafs losta again!! :DI hope the Eagles can dump all over the cowpies tonight in "Big D" ::)

Ditto...

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/15/04 at 3:42 pm

Thanks for being a good sport, JoeDeetae. Beat See you again in Houston.  ;D ;)
Congrats Indy :-\\ What a game for Manning :P I'll tell you what sux though... I got Manning on one of my Fantasy Football teams and it's hard not to root for him. :(

Ditto...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/16/04 at 9:52 am

Cowpies Lose at home!! Eagles win 49-21 :D My ex-brother in law should be quite pissed :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/21/04 at 7:42 pm

Indy's Colts slaughtered The Bears today ;)

My Denver Broncos knocked off The Saints as well :D

Written By: joedeertae on 11/21/04 at 7:51 pm

Cowgirls got their arses handed to them again ;D Baltimore slaughters em 30-10 ;D ;D

Hope my Texans put on a show tonight against the cheese heads in there 1st prime time game since 2002 when we beat the cowgirls.

Written By: joedeertae on 11/21/04 at 7:54 pm

Congrats to you guys BTW Indy & Rock.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/21/04 at 8:11 pm

Cowgirls got their arses handed to them again ;D Baltimore slaughters em 30-10 ;D ;D

Hope my Texans put on a show tonight against the cheese heads in there 1st prime time game since 2002 when we beat the cowgirls.
Don't you mean Cowpies!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/21/04 at 8:14 pm

Falcons win, beat the giants.

Falcons are current 8-2, what a season.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/21/04 at 8:16 pm

Congrats to you guys BTW Indy & Rock.
Thanks, Joe...good luck to your Texans tonight ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/21/04 at 8:17 pm

Falcons win, beat the giants.

Falcons are current 8-2, what a season.
Eli almost brought 'em back. I think Michael Vick is a class act  :)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/21/04 at 8:24 pm

I think Michael Vick is a class act  :)

Yeah he is.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/21/04 at 9:25 pm

Congrats, Rock and thanks for the Colts' score. :)
Let's give the Lions a complete Thanksgiving turkey (without the post-game "good will" the Pacers gave the Pistons). Go Colts! ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/21/04 at 9:29 pm

Congrats, Rock and thanks for the Colts' score. :)
Let's give the Lions a complete Thanksgiving turkey (without the post-game "good will" the Pacers gave the Pistons). Go Colts! ;D

;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/22/04 at 8:16 pm

I hope the Patriots win tonight

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/22/04 at 8:29 pm

Sorry, Mark, but I have to root for the Qeafs this time only, because the Colts need the home field advantage against either the Steelers or Pats (or more likely both) if they are to go to the Super Bowl. But I'd rather the Pats or Roethlisberger just start losing next week so that the Colts can beat either team. Your Broncos don't need KC to lose just as long as they win the division over the Chargeless. ;) 
I hope the Patriots win tonight

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/23/04 at 4:16 pm

Sorry, Mark, but I have to root for the Qeafs this time only, because the Colts need the home field advantage against either the Steelers or Pats (or more likely both) if they are to go to the Super Bowl. But I'd rather the Pats or Roethlisberger just start losing next week so that the Colts can beat either team. Your Broncos don't need KC to lose just as long as they win the division over the Chargeless. ;) 

You're right but I can't resist the thought of a certain hayseed whining about her Qeafs losing again :D  What did you think of that baby Gonzalez whining (Again) about a phantom holding call in the end zone ::)

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/25/04 at 9:39 pm

Reminds me of that Colts-Dolphins game in 1997 when Marino whined about not fumbling, and the refs agreed with him. >:(

Anyway, the Colts emphatically thump the Detroit Lambs 41-9 at Ford Field. Several Thanksgiving Day records were either broken of tied by the Colts, including Peyton Manning's 6 touchdown passes and Marvin Harrison's 3 touchdowns. ;D One dark spot though: those 1956 throwback jerseys are really tacky.  ::)
Still, hard to find anything else wrong with this win. ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/25/04 at 10:05 pm

Reminds me of that Colts-Dolphins game in 1997 when Marino whined about not fumbling, and the refs agreed with him. >:(

Anyway, the Colts emphatically thump the Detroit Lambs 41-9 at Ford Field. Several Thanksgiving Day records were either broken of tied by the Colts, including Peyton Manning's 6 touchdown passes and Marvin Harrison's 3 touchdowns. ;D One dark spot though: those 1956 throwback jerseys are really tacky.  ::)
Still, hard to find anything else wrong with this win. ;)

I've always likedyour Colts, Indy! They show class and don't have any whiners on the team...unlike the Chiefs with Gonzalas crying about that phantom interference on Monday Night....whaa, whaa....I hope Denver can beat Oakland on Sunday...sorry Jessica. Denver will be wearing those Orange jerseys though and the last time they wore them was 2 years ago on a Sunday Night game.....your Colts beat us...remember :D

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/26/04 at 1:32 am

Yeah, I remember. Mike Vanderjagt kicked the long game tying FG in regulation, and another long one in OT. And all in the wind and snow of Denver. ;)

Denver will be wearing those Orange jerseys though and the last time they wore them was 2 years ago on a Sunday Night game.....your Colts beat us...remember :D

Written By: scarletgail on 11/26/04 at 6:07 am

i'm grateful my cowboys didn't ruin my thanksgiving dinner this year ;) :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/26/04 at 11:46 am

i'm grateful my cowboys didn't ruin my thanksgiving dinner this year ;) :D
For as much as I hate the cowpies....I'm happy for YOU :)

Written By: Mangoo on 11/26/04 at 12:58 pm

If Peyton stays healthy he wont be sharing League MVP this year I think he'll break the record and end up with 56 TDS.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/26/04 at 3:16 pm

And hopefully beat the Steelers or Pats in the playoffs and smashing the Eagles in the Super Bowl. ;)
If Peyton stays healthy he wont be sharing League MVP this year I think he'll break the record and end up with 56 TDS.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/26/04 at 3:19 pm

And hopefully beat the Steelers or Pats in the playoffs and smashing the Eagles in the Super Bowl. ;)

Hey Indy, don't count my Broncos out :D...actually I don't see them going deep in the playoffs this season :-\\

Written By: Mangoo on 11/26/04 at 3:35 pm

Cant agree with you there Im from Philly ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/26/04 at 3:50 pm

Well, at least we can agree that we both hate the Cowpies. ;D

Cant agree with you there Im from Philly ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/26/04 at 5:06 pm

The boy next door to me is QB on his high school football team and they won the Thanksgiving Day
game.  Better than the Super Bowl!!!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/26/04 at 7:11 pm

The boy next door to me is QB on his high school football team and they won the Thanksgiving Day
:)

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/27/04 at 2:05 am

Congratulations, Danoota. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/28/04 at 3:38 pm

What a STRANGE weekend for me! First I rooted for Missouri to beat Iowa State...thus helping Colorado win the North Division of the Big 12...they did, and TODAY...I'm actually hoping those dreaded, whiny, KC Cheifs can beat The Chargers, thus helping the Denver Broncos open up a lead in the AFC West :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/28/04 at 9:14 pm

That's cool, Jonathan! Well...the Cheifs let me down...hopefully Denver can win tonight :-\\

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/28/04 at 9:15 pm

The Chiefs must have known you were rooting for them, because the unknown Chargers kicker kicked the game winning field goal and beat KC. The Chiefs must be Charger fans this year. :-\\
What a STRANGE weekend for me! First I rooted for Missouri to beat Iowa State...thus helping Colorado win the North Division of the Big 12...they did, and TODAY...I'm actually hoping those dreaded, whiny, KC Cheifs can beat The Chargers, thus helping the Denver Broncos open up a lead in the AFC West :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/29/04 at 12:09 am

The Chiefs must have known you were rooting for them, because the unknown Chargers kicker kicked the game winning field goal and beat KC. The Chiefs must be Charger fans this year. :-\\

AND The Raiders just beat my Broncos! I must give a asincere congrats to Jessica though... :-\\

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/29/04 at 1:01 am

I don't know what a asincere congratulations is, unless you meant insincere. ;)
But I'm sorry your Broncos lost and congrats to Jess' Raiders.

AND The Raiders just beat my Broncos! I must give a asincere congrats to Jessica though... :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/29/04 at 2:37 pm

I don't know what a asincere congratulations is, unless you meant insincere. ;)
But I'm sorry your Broncos lost and congrats to Jess' Raiders.

Stupid SpaceBar...space bar! ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/30/04 at 1:22 am

Happens to me too, not to mention the GD shift key. >:( ;)
Stupid SpaceBar...space bar! ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/30/04 at 9:21 am

Happens to me too, not to mention the GD shift key. >:( ;)
:)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/30/04 at 9:23 am

Cool! The St. Louis Lambs were Lamb-basted last night by Brett Favre and The Packers 45-17. "Mo" can't be happy today :D

Written By: joedeertae on 11/30/04 at 9:26 am

It as good to see the Texans beat the x-oilers ;D I was sweating it out there for a while but we finally pulled it through!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/30/04 at 9:29 am

It as good to see the Texans beat the x-oilers ;D I was sweating it out there for a while but we finally pulled it through!
Congratulations, Joe ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/30/04 at 9:43 am

Congratulations, Joe. The Colts play those same ex-Oilers at the RaCkAt Dome next week before coming to your neck of the woods. We really don't know which Titans team is gonna show. 
Congratulations, Joe ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/05/04 at 6:11 pm

Congratulations to Jonathans Colts....they trampled the Titans 51-24. My Broncos are losing to San Diego at the half 17-7 :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/05/04 at 7:54 pm

Oh well....Denver lost :-\\

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/05/04 at 7:56 pm

I see the rams were on the receiving end of an ass kicking.. seeing as the channel that used to pick uo NFL football now dosen't... how are the Rams doing.. i can see there win/loss record etc.. but.. how are they doing...

Written By: joedeertae on 12/05/04 at 7:59 pm

Congratulations to Jonathans Colts....they trampled the Titans 51-24. My Broncos are losing to San Diego at the half 17-7 :-\\

I feel your pain Rock... my Texans lost to the stoopid jets 29-7. :(  I grieve with you.
Super congrats on your Colts Indy! Them X-Oilers need all the arse kicken they can get!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/05/04 at 8:04 pm

I see the rams were on the receiving end of an a** kicking.. seeing as the channel that used to pick uo NFL football now dosen't... how are the Rams doing.. i can see there win/loss record etc.. but.. how are they doing...
Thy're still in the thick of the playoff hunt but since they employ a convicted killer I don't like them :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/05/04 at 8:05 pm

I feel your pain Rock... my Texans lost to the stoopid jets 29-7. :(  I grieve with you.
Super congrats on your Colts Indy! Them X-Oilers need all the arse kicken they can get!
Thanks JoeDeertae....I'm rapidly becoming a Colts fan!

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/05/04 at 8:05 pm

WTF ok i didn't know about this.... who is that?

Good that they are still in with a shot, but convicted killer.. :o

Written By: joedeertae on 12/05/04 at 8:11 pm

Thanks JoeDeertae....I'm rapidly becoming a Colts fan!

Same here Rock! ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/05/04 at 8:15 pm

WTF ok i didn't know about this.... who is that?

Good that they are still in with a shot, but convicted killer.. :o
Leonard Little has been charged with felony drunk driving in St. Louis County Circuit Court. He is eligible for the felony charge because of a prior conviction of involuntary manslaughter from 1998 in which he killed a woman and mother from St. Louis while driving drunk. Meanwhile the Rams refuse to suspend him. I guess to them winning is worth more than life....Little needs to do some time - I don't know how I could of EVER had another drink in my life if I had killed someone before while DUI!

There's actually people who have said "Oh well...he already served his time for that"  ::) MORONS!

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/05/04 at 8:16 pm

Right.. well as a Rams fan (although displaced and obviously now out of the picture, Kurt warner is still my hero LOL) I agree.. jerkoff needs banging up

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/05/04 at 8:35 pm

Right.. well as a Rams fan (although displaced and obviously now out of the picture, Kurt warner is still my hero LOL) I agree.. jerkoff needs banging up
I respect YOU as a Rams fan  ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/06/04 at 10:09 am

Thanks, Mark and Joe, for the congrats. The Colts should 12-4, will probably lose at Denver, but who knows?

As for the Rams, a similar situation a while back with ex-Colt Steve (Mustafa) Muhammed. He had a history of spousal abuse with his ex-wife, who was killed a car accident. Everyone thought he killed her, but it was a separate incident. He's still a wife beater. >:(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/06/04 at 11:57 am

Thanks, Mark and Joe, for the congrats. The Colts should 12-4, will probably lose at Denver, but who knows?

As for the Rams, a similar situation a while back with ex-Colt Steve (Mustafa) Muhammed. He had a history of spousal abuse with his ex-wife, who was killed a car accident. Everyone thought he killed her, but it was a separate incident. He's still a wife beater. >:(
Well the Rams have a decent fan in Alcoholica and then there's the rest :P

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/06/04 at 11:59 am

:) Excellent.. I managed to catch a post season game a couple of years ago at the EJD.. tell you what man, thats a supriisingly awesome stadium.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/06/04 at 11:59 am

I do NOT see you guys losing to my Broncos, Indy :D

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/06/04 at 12:06 pm

Thanks, Mark, but we'll have to beat JoeDeer's Texans over there, and it still isn't going to be easy. :-\\
I do NOT see you guys losing to my Broncos, Indy :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/06/04 at 1:06 pm

Thanks, Mark, but we'll have to beat JoeDeer's Texans over there, and it still isn't going to be easy. :-\\
Well...good luck to BOTH of you ;)

Written By: joedeertae on 12/06/04 at 1:27 pm

I wish your Colts luck on Sunday Indy, but even though my Texans haven't done much to talk about lately we do have a decent run at our home games.
(and we do owe you guys one for week 10 ;))

Well...good luck to BOTH of you ;)

Thanky Rock ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/11/04 at 10:33 pm

Go Broncos!

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/11/04 at 10:41 pm

That's what Tennessee said last week for Game 2. We owe New England and Pittsburgh two, and what better time to cash in than in the playoffs? ;)
(and we do owe you guys one for week 10 ;))

Thanky Rock ;)

Written By: joedeertae on 12/12/04 at 9:30 am

Good luck today Indy and remember... play nice at other's homes.  ;D

Written By: joedeertae on 12/12/04 at 9:32 am

Good luck against the Dolphins as well Rock! :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/12/04 at 1:10 pm

I think the Colts won't make the same mistake the Pacers did with the Pistons. BTW, your team just scored a touchdown to cut the deficit to 14-7 in the second quarter.
Good luck today Indy and remember... play nice at other's homes.  ;D

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/12/04 at 3:22 pm

Update: Colts win! They defeated the Texans 23-14 at Reliant Stadium. That's 6 straight over Houston. Great game you guys played, JoeDeer. Better luck next year.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/12/04 at 6:53 pm

Denver finally won but the season may be lost as we are stuck playing wild card shuffle :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/12/04 at 6:54 pm

Update: Colts win! They defeated the Texans 23-14 at Reliant Stadium. That's 6 straight over Houston. Great game you guys played, JoeDeer. Better luck next year.
Congratulations, Indy Gent...sorry, Joe :-\\

Written By: Just_Brit on 12/12/04 at 11:27 pm

yay panthers!!!  ;D

Written By: joedeertae on 12/13/04 at 6:30 am

Big congrats on your Colts winning the AFC South Indy!  :)
We'll be ready for you guys next year, were a growing team and are getting better every year. Were drinking milk... ;)

Written By: joedeertae on 12/13/04 at 6:32 am

Congratulations, Indy Gent...sorry, Joe :-\\

Thanks Rock... :\'(

Congrats to you guys beating Miami.

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/13/04 at 6:41 am

Rams still have a shot at the Division.. i think the do or die game will be when Philadelphia come to the EJD in a couple of weeks

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/13/04 at 11:46 am

Thanks Rock... :\'(

Congrats to you guys beating Miami.
Thanks but now they are making a big deal about Jake flipping off an idiotic fan ::)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/13/04 at 12:05 pm

Was he a closet Dolphins' fan or just being overzealous in Jake not throwing to "his man"? ::)
Thanks but now they are making a big deal about Jake flipping off an idiotic fan ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/13/04 at 12:19 pm

Was he a closet Dolphins' fan or just being overzealous in Jake not throwing to "his man"? ::)
Overzealous :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/14/04 at 2:08 pm

Damn Titan lost to the Cheifs last night. I seriously think Denver may lose at KC next week :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/19/04 at 3:17 pm

And they got slaughtered! Oh well ::)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/19/04 at 6:56 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your Broncos losing, Rock. Hopefully, the Colts will beat the Ravens and Manning will get 3 TD passes. One good thing has already happened: plans for a new stadium and a expansion of the Convention Center has been finalized. So more than likely, we're stuck with the Colts for 30 more years. ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/19/04 at 9:42 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your Broncos losing, Rock. Hopefully, the Colts will beat the Ravens and Manning will get 3 TD passes. One good thing has already happened: plans for a new stadium and a expansion of the Convention Center has been finalized. So more than likely, we're stuck with the Colts for 30 more years. ;)
Thanks Indy, you're Colts are looking good. Peyton just threw #47 to..Marvin :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/19/04 at 10:47 pm

The Colts are a CLASS act. Peyton had an oppotunity to tie Marino but they chose to run out the clock to secure a 20-10 victory over the Ravens. Congratulations, Indy Gent ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/21/04 at 6:01 pm

Thanks, again, Mark. We can both hope the Colts beat those overrated San Diego Chargers.  ;)
The Colts are a CLASS act. Peyton had an oppotunity to tie Marino but they chose to run out the clock to secure a 20-10 victory over the Ravens. Congratulations, Indy Gent ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/24/04 at 10:25 am

Thanks, again, Mark. We can both hope the Colts beat those overrated San Diego Chargers.  ;)
No Problem, Jonathan  Everybody is so down on Shanahan but I use Don Shula as an example to defend Mike. Shula coached Miami to an undefeated season in '72-'73 (Against the weakest schedule in NFL History), won back to back Super Bowls and took 12 seasons to get back to the big game...being destroyed by Joe and the 49r's in 1985...and he STILL coached in to the 90's. Some want Mikes head on a pole but hey, we were spoiled by John Elway. Denver won back to back and haven't been back but it wasn't that long ago. I say give him more time....what do you think? Oh by the way, my father really likes Tony Dungy, as do I  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/24/04 at 5:37 pm

Green Bay knocked off the Vikings. Packers are division champs :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/25/04 at 7:04 pm

Jessica...I am SO rooting for your Raiders today! Right now they trail KC 28-27 late in the 4th....c'mon Oakland ;)

Written By: tv on 12/25/04 at 10:03 pm

Well I;ll be awaiting for 4:00 pm tommorow for the Jets-Patriots game. If the Jets win they are in  the playoffs and if they lose its another situation where they have to win last game of the year to gt into the playoffs. In 1997 and 2000 they had to win their last game of the year to go into the playoffs and failed against Detriot and Baltimore respectively. This year their last game of the year is at St. Louis and St. Louis is a a way better team at home than on the road. I would not like it for the Jets to have to go into St. Louis and win next week. Its better to win this week against the Patriots. This Jets team is different from the one than in years past. This team reminds of the Jets teams of 1998 and 2002. 2002 was the year the Jets started 1-4 and and went 7-2 the rest of the way to make the playoffs and actually won a playoff game that year against Indianapolis but got killed by the Raiders the very next week.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/25/04 at 10:25 pm

Bad news is KC won....The good news is they will miss the playoffs! :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/25/04 at 10:27 pm

Well I;ll be awaiting for 4:00 pm tommorow for the Jets-Patriots game. If the Jets win they are in  the playoffs and if they lose its another situation where they have to win last game of the year to gt into the playoffs. In 1997 and 2000 they had to win their last game of the year to go into the playoffs and failed against Detriot and Baltimore respectively. This year their last game of the year is at St. Louis and St. Louis is a a way better team at home than on the road. I would not like it for the Jets to have to go into St. Louis and win next week. Its better to win this week against the Patriots. This Jets team is different from the one than in years past. This team reminds of the Jets teams of 1998 and 2002. 2002 was the year the Jets started 1-4 and and went 7-2 the rest of the way to make the playoffs and actually won a playoff game that year against Indianapolis but got killed by the Raiders the very next week.
Good luck to your Jets, tv ;) I have more worries though. My Broncos must win the last two games vs, Tennessee and the Colts AND hope Jacksonville losese at least 1 of thier final 2 to make the playoffs. Step 1 is going great though. Denver leads The Titans 37-16 in the 4th :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/26/04 at 2:47 pm

Denver went on to win last night and NOW I must thank JoeDeertaes' Texans for knocking of Jacksonville today! Now Denver, as of this moment, leads the wild card race :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/26/04 at 3:06 pm

Peyton Manning breaks Marino's record with his 49th Touchdown pass!! Congratulations, Indy Gent :) Probably heading to OT against the Chargers....

Written By: tv on 12/26/04 at 8:17 pm

Well the Jets for the 4th time since 1997 will have to wait till the last game of the season ito see f they will get into the playoffs. They just came out as flat as a pancake today. A team with as much talent as they have should be able to make the playoffs. They did win the last game of the season in 2001 against the Raiders to earn a wild card playoff berth. I hope this is not a repeat of 1997 or 2000 where they lose the last game of the year and have to go home. The thing that kills me is the Jets win 10 games this year regrardless if they lose against the Rams next week and still may not make the playoffs. 7 or  8 wins in the NFC gets you in. The AFC is so tough this year. 9-7 won the AFC East for the Jets in 2002 and now with 10 wins it do4esn't even garuntee you make the playoffs anymore in the AFC.

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/28/04 at 10:04 pm

It is great to be a Colts fan, Mark. But these records don't mean nothin' if the Colts don't win the Super Bowl. Still, a great accomplishment and I'm glad Marino's off the books. Good luck to your Broncos next week. ;)
Peyton Manning breaks Marino's record with his 49th Touchdown pass!! Congratulations, Indy Gent :) Probably heading to OT against the Chargers....

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/28/04 at 10:11 pm

It would be awful if the Vikings or Rams made the playoff with no better than an 8-8 record and the Jets are eliminated at 10-6. But it did happen to the Broncos once before, and RnR wouldn't be in a good mood if they did it again. I'm in the fence on this one since Denver has to beat us to get in and the Jets (at least in the Pennington era) have whipped the Colts twice, once in the playoffs 41-0. I hope the Colts defense doesn't slide back down. :(

Well the Jets for the 4th time since 1997 will have to wait till the last game of the season ito see f they will get into the playoffs. They just came out as flat as a pancake today. A team with as much talent as they have should be able to make the playoffs. They did win the last game of the season in 2001 against the Raiders to earn a wild card playoff berth. I hope this is not a repeat of 1997 or 2000 where they lose the last game of the year and have to go home. The thing that kills me is the Jets win 10 games this year regrardless if they lose against the Rams next week and still may not make the playoffs. 7 or  8 wins in the NFC gets you in. The AFC is so tough this year. 9-7 won the AFC East for the Jets in 2002 and now with 10 wins it do4esn't even garuntee you make the playoffs anymore in the AFC.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/28/04 at 10:13 pm

It is great to be a Colts fan, Mark. But these records don't mean nothin' if the Colts don't win the Super Bowl. Still, a great accomplishment and I'm glad Marino's off the books. Good luck to your Broncos next week. ;)
Thanks...could end up like last year...we could end  up playing you guys twice ???

Written By: tv on 12/31/04 at 12:11 am

I'm in the fence on this one since Denver has to beat us to get in and the Jets (at least in the Pennington era) have whipped the Colts twice, once in the playoffs 41-0. I hope the Colts defense doesn't slide back down. :(
The Jets beats the Colts once in the Pennington era in that playoff game. The Jets lost to the Colts 38-31 in Indy last year. The one time the Jets played the Colts before that playoff game was in 2001 in Indianapolis when Vinny Testaverde was the still the starting QB for the Jets.

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/31/04 at 8:55 pm

41-0 seems like getting whipped in two games, tv. ;D
I think Pennington has improved since the first game.
The Jets beats the Colts once in the Pennington era in that playoff game. The Jets lost to the Colts 38-31 in Indy last year. The one time the Jets played the Colts before that playoff game was in 2001 in Indianapolis when Vinny Testaverde was the still the starting QB for the Jets.

Written By: tv on 01/02/05 at 6:12 pm

Well the Jets go into the playoffs. Even though they lost the game to to the Rams anyway it was a thrilling game though. Rookie WR/KR Jericho Kotchery running a kickoff backoff for a touch down after the Rams scored a TD of their own. Another exciting moment of the game was when DE Shaun Ellis tipped a Marc Bolger Pass and Rookie LB Jonathan Vilma caught the ball on the Ellis tip and Vilma ran it back for a TD. The defensive secondary had alot of blown coverages in the first half parcticulary on 2' TD's the Rams scored. I was very unhappy with the play of the Jet's secondary in the first half.

The New York Media will probably get on the Jets for losing this game but they are going to San Diego no matter what. I give the Jets a chance against the Chargers and I think it will be a close game. I just don't see the Jets winning against the Chargers. I know they beat the Chargers in San Diego earlier this year but that is not the same San Diego team as it is now though. They are a much better team now than they were in week 2 when they played the Jets. Offensive Coordinator Paul Hackett must call a good game for the Jets to win. Also, can the offensive line protect Chad Pennington? He got sacked like 5 times today against the Rams.

WR Wayne Chrebet could have played his last game as a member of the Jets. He had a light concussion and sat out most of the game today. Chrebet was a good player for the Jets for alot of years. I don't know if he will play against San Diego next week.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/02/05 at 6:57 pm

Hey Jonathan, we beat the Colts "B" squad but I really don't think we'll win against you guys next week :-\\

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/08/05 at 5:11 pm

Wooooo... The Rams are up 14-10 in the 3rd.. bodes well

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/08/05 at 6:34 pm

Wooooo... The Rams are up 14-10 in the 3rd.. bodes well
I really enjoy you, Alcoholica...but the other guy rooting for the Rams is Such an @ss and then I throw in my "X-factor" that this jerk has NO problem with a convicted killer playing for them...so a grudgingly say...Go Seattle :-\\ I think Jonathan's Colts will most likely knock Denver out tomorrow though.

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/08/05 at 6:38 pm

Colts are my pick to win... me and some friends drew teams out of the hat... we are the hardcore football fans here in england.. 3am'ers so we can see our teams  :)

Yeah i don't agree with a killer playing...

Damn seahawks got a touchdown but we've managed to claw back in.. 20-20..with 5 minuets left

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/08/05 at 6:40 pm

Colts are my pick to win... me and some friends drew teams out of the hat... we are the hardcore football fans here in england.. 3am'ers so we can see our teams  :)

Yeah i don't agree with a killer playing...

darn seahawks got a touchdown but we've managed to claw back in.. 20-20..with 5 minuets left
That's because YOU have a heart, unlike this punk! Heck of an game so far :o....Rams just scored the go ahead....I'll be happy for YOU if they win ;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/08/05 at 6:41 pm

Woooooo Yeah Touchdown!!! Hit That!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/09/05 at 2:32 pm

Well just like I thought...Colts are killing Denver ::) Congratulations to Jonathan though ;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/09/05 at 2:37 pm

yup.. this bodes well.. I can see the Colts going the distance

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/09/05 at 7:59 pm

yup.. this bodes well.. I can see the Colts going the distance
They've got to shore up the defense though...otherwise The Patriots will eat them alive. Also, don't forget about Pittsburgh :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/09/05 at 8:00 pm

Hmmm... The pats offense is great however (granted i have only seen 2 of there games this year) they don't look strong defending. I also have a strong dislike of the pats... which is another reason to root for the Colts.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/09/05 at 8:02 pm

Hmmm... The pats offense is great however (granted i have only seen 2 of there games this year) they don't look strong defending. I also have a strong dislike of the pats... which is another reason to root for the Colts.
Oh, I am definately rooting for the Colts, it's just that I think the Steelers are much more balanced

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/09/05 at 8:03 pm

I haven't seen them play this year... The Colts look dangerous... i am capable of being a realist and i will say the Rams are lucky to be where they are now... however maybe the dark horse can triumph.. we'll see.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/09/05 at 8:17 pm

I haven't seen them play this year... The Colts look dangerous... i am capable of being a realist and i will say the Rams are lucky to be where they are now... however maybe the dark horse can triumph.. we'll see.
That's why I love the playoffs....it's anybody's game to win :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/09/05 at 9:52 pm

And the Colts haven't won in Pittsburgh since 1970!!!
If they Steelers do get past the Jets, and it's a good bet, and the Colts get past the Pats, which isn't, the Colts are gonna have a hard time. So I'll just pray for the Colts to beat the Pats and because the next opponent isn't set up.
Oh, I am definately rooting for the Colts, it's just that I think the Steelers are much more balanced

Written By: tv on 01/09/05 at 10:24 pm

And the Colts haven't won in Pittsburgh since 1970!!!
If they Steelers do get past the Jets, and it's a good bet, and the Colts get past the Pats, which isn't, the Colts are gonna have a hard time. So I'll just pray for the Colts to beat the Pats and because the next opponent isn't set up.
Well the Colts and the Steelers met in the playoffs in 1995-1996 I believe in the AFC Championship game which the Steelers took 20-16 if I recall right. The Steelers and Colts don't play each other a whole lot.

I think the Colts will have their hands full with New England although New Englands defeseive secondary iis decimated by injuries. I just Bill Bellicheck is a great head coach that will have a good game plan in place to fustrate Peyton Manning and the Colt offense.

As For the Steelers-Jets that is going to be a close game. Both Defenses are very good and both offenses running the ball are very good as well. Curtis Martin and Jerome Bettis are after all the Number 5 and 6 NFL rushers of all time? To tell you the turth I didn't expect the Jets to beat the Chargers but they did it. You have to give the Jets their credit. Chad Pennington looked like the quarterback against the Chargers that he was in the 2002 seasoon when the Jets finished the regular season a 7-2 tear, and beat the Colts in the wild card playoff game that year. Jet offensive coordinator Paul Hackett called a great game. Jet fans like me have pounded Hackett all season but hey he called a good game on Saturday Night. One more thing, Marty Schottinhimer(the coach of the Chargers) that guy never has good luck in the playoffs. When Marty coached the Browns and Chiefs his teams never won the important game in the playoffs that they had to win.

Written By: joedeertae on 01/10/05 at 6:36 am

Congrats on your Colts once again Indy! :)

Rock... There is always next year for your Broncos and my Texans, right? ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/10/05 at 5:48 pm

Schottenheimer is 5-12 in the playoffs, and the Seahawks lost their 6th straight playoff game. They haven't won one since 1984. :o
One more thing, Marty Schottinhimer(the coach of the Chargers) that guy never has good luck in the playoffs. When Marty coached the Browns and Chiefs his teams never won the important game in the playoffs that they had to win.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/10/05 at 8:45 pm

Congrats on your Colts once again Indy! :)

Rock... There is always next year for your Broncos and my Texans, right? ;)
;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/15/05 at 9:24 pm

So far today, Pittsburgh knocked off the Jets and right now Atlanta is winning.

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/16/05 at 12:46 pm

Wow, my Rams sure got there asses handed to them..30 point loss.. she.e.it

There main problem (in my opinion) is lack of depth.. you have the same guys playing all the time they will get tired.. you get to the post-season and they can't play. Invest Invest Invest dammit in squad depth.

Written By: tv on 01/16/05 at 1:31 pm

Well the Jets suffered I think suffered one of the worst playoff losess of all time yesterday against Pittsburgh.  They had so many chances to win the game. Those 2 missed fied goals, the Jerome Bettis fumble that they failed to capitalize on. Terrible, Terrible. Their franchise has so many awkard losses in its haisory its ridiculous.  Its like bad luck or bad karma or something. Another thing the head coach Herman Edwards( Ihate to knock Edwards) but he did not manage the clock right towards the end of regulation yesterday in my opinion. They just let the clock run down and let the Kicker Doug Brien "settle" for(in my opinion) a 47 yard field goal which he barely missed. On the next possesion when the Steelers had the ball Pittsburgh QB Ben Rothelsburger got intercepted by Jets CB David Barett and the Jets again go down the field and miss another field goal. Its like a bad nightmare or something from a Jets fan point of view. I still think the Jets are 2 years away from winning a championship. The team is a young team but Edwards has to do something about his clock management. The clock management problem towards the end of games has existed for a long time during Edwards tenure dating back as close to the game against Baltimore earlier this season. I think Edwards is a good coach, a good motivator, and a good man but the clock management issue has to get resolved in the offseason someway, somehow.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/16/05 at 4:24 pm

Wow, my Rams sure got there asses handed to them..30 point loss.. she.e.it

Hell yeah they did.  FALCONS RULE!  The falcons will win the super bowl, wait and see.

The Philadeplhia eagles beat the Minnesota Vikings

Hopefully the Colts will beat New England.

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/16/05 at 6:54 pm

Once again, the Colts lay another goose egg in New England as the Pats win 20-3. :(
The sad part is that the Colts had a chance to practice in cold, inclement weather before this game, and idiot Irsay had them practice in the Dome. And guess what? The weatherman was wrong, or was this the Patriots' plan all along to thing the Colts were gonna finally play THEIR game under THEIR conditions? Sorry, Coach Dungy, Peyton, players, personnel and very sorry for all the die hard Colts fans who bought season tickets this year. Defense (and fewer offensive turnovers) STILL wins championships. :(

I'm still picking the Steelers and Eagles next week.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/16/05 at 6:55 pm

Sorry about the game, Indy :-\\ Phiily/Atlanta will be a great game as will Patriots/Steelers. I still think we're looking at an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl....if so I will root for Pittsburgh...barely :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/16/05 at 7:00 pm

It'll be hard to root for Pittsburgh or New England or against the Falcons, but I think an intrastate Super Bowl is due, since we remember the last one ended with a missed field goal. 
Sorry about the game, Indy :-\\ Phiily/Atlanta will be a great game as will Patriots/Steelers. I still think we're looking at an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl....if so I will root for Pittsburgh...barely :)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/16/05 at 7:47 pm

It's going to be the Steelers and the Falcons at the super bowl...by the way, why would anyone outside of the state of Pennsylvania want an all-Pennsylvania super bowl?

By the way, where is the super bowl being held this year?

Written By: tv on 01/16/05 at 11:13 pm

Once again, the Colts lay another goose egg in New England as the Pats win 20-3. :(
The sad part is that the Colts had a chance to practice in cold, inclement weather before this game, and idiot Irsay had them practice in the Dome. And guess what? The weatherman was wrong, or was this the Patriots' plan all along to thing the Colts were gonna finally play THEIR game under THEIR conditions? Sorry, Coach Dungy, Peyton, players, personnel and very sorry for all the die hard Colts fans who bought season tickets this year. Defense (and fewer offensive turnovers) STILL wins championships. :(

I'm still picking the Steelers and Eagles next week.
In my opinion what the Colts have to do in the offseason is beef up their defensive line. DE Dwight Freeney is very good but their defensive line really doesn't put alot of fear into opposing offenses I feel. Hey, look at it this way had the Colts beat the Pats first game of the year this game would have been in Indy and probably would have been a way different game than it was today.

I will definately watch the Steelesr-Patriots game on Subday. However,I don't see the Pats losing to the Steelers this coming Sunday. I think in watching Steelers QB Ben Rothelsburger play against the Jets I think his thumb injury is really hurting him and is having a big time effect on the way he is throwing the ball of late. One last thing why in the world is the Steelers-Patriots have a start time 6 or 630 P.M. on Sunday? Thats too late in my opinion. I could understand a start time of 430 P.M. or maybe a 6:30 P.M. for the Super Bowl but for the AFC Championship to start at 6 or 6:30 P.M.? No.

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/17/05 at 1:25 am

I agree with you about the defense, tv. Bill Polian does not do a lot in the free agent market like he should. He is strictly for building through the draft. He should spend as much on blue chip free agents as he does with the offense. (and I don't mean ex-Bears burnouts or golfing partners.)  Manning should agree to reduce his bonus for a rock solid defense. Elway did, and look what the Broncos gave him.
  I disagree on the Patriots winning, unless Corey Dillon is that much an improvement from last year's running game. If Ben Rothlesburger is even at 95%, the Steelers will pound on them again. I guess the Falcons-Eagles is a better matchup, but the Super Bowl winner will likely come from the AFC Champion.

In my opinion what the Colts have to do in the offseason is beef up their defensive line. DE Dwight Freeney is very good but their defensive line really doesn't put alot of fear into opposing offenses I feel. Hey, look at it this way had the Colts beat the Pats first game of the year this game would have been in Indy and probably would have been a way different game than it was today.

I will definately watch the Steelesr-Patriots game on Subday. However,I don't see the Pats losing to the Steelers this coming Sunday. I think in watching Steelers QB Ben Rothelsburger play against the Jets I think his thumb injury is really hurting him and is having a big time effect on the way he is throwing the ball of late. One last thing why in the world is the Steelers-Patriots have a start time 6 or 630 P.M. on Sunday? Thats too late in my opinion. I could understand a start time of 430 P.M. or maybe a 6:30 P.M. for the Super Bowl but for the AFC Championship to start at 6 or 6:30 P.M.? No.

Written By: joedeertae on 01/17/05 at 5:40 am

By the way, where is the super bowl being held this year?

Alltel Stadium in Jacksonville, FL
Feb. 6 @ 6 p.m. ET, FOX

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/23/05 at 4:48 pm

Looks like the Eagles are Super Bowl Bound! 7 minutes left...20-10 and they have the ball on the Atlanta 20 :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/23/05 at 5:25 pm

27-10 Philadeplia Eagles!! Next up: New England/Pittsburgh  :)

Written By: AchtungBaby on 01/23/05 at 5:29 pm

Yes - finally 24 years later. 8) 8) 8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/23/05 at 6:18 pm

Yes - finally 24 years later. 8) 8) 8)
That was a lifetime ago for me....I was in college when they played in XV...it was the first time I missed a Super Bowl. I've watched them all except the first 4.

Written By: AchtungBaby on 01/23/05 at 6:31 pm

I will not say how old I was at the time - but it was my first memory of a sports championship possibility - then the '80 Phillies came along and won for us.

Got to love the '80's.

Written By: camaro on 01/23/05 at 7:27 pm

Go Patriots!!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 12:32 am

Well, since it won't be an all pennsylvania Super Bowl...I'm rooting for Philly..though I like both teams :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/24/05 at 12:35 am

Bummer, I was hoping for an all-Pennsylvania SB. And I don't even like the Steelers that much. Both the Pats and Eagles are good, but I'll take the Pats 29-27.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/24/05 at 2:25 am

Bummer, I was hoping for an all-Pennsylvania SB. And I don't even like the Steelers that much. Both the Pats and Eagles are good, but I'll take the Pats 29-27.
I beg to differ with you on that....the Eagles are hungry for a Super Bowl WIN after 24 years of being "we could have been contenders"...GO EAGLES!!

BTW,Tony Stewart winning another NASCAR championship and the Phillies actually making it to the playoffs would make 2005 a great year in sports for me!!!

Written By: AchtungBaby on 01/24/05 at 3:37 pm

Please everyone root for Philly - I am tired of the choke - season after season, team after team!!! :-\\ :-\\

Written By: shiprunner12 on 01/24/05 at 5:38 pm

I'm hoping the Eagles win. The Patriots have won enough.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/24/05 at 8:46 pm

Please everyone root for Philly - I am tired of the choke - season after season, team after team!!! :-\\ :-\\

Is that where you're from, AchtungBaby?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/24/05 at 8:47 pm

I'm hoping the Eagles win. The Patriots have won enough.

Yes...haven't they won for the past two Superbowls in a row?!  ???

Written By: Apricot on 01/24/05 at 8:49 pm

Yes...haven't they won for the past two Superbowls in a row?!  ???

Freaking ridiculous. Shows that they're a good team, though. My family's for the Eagles.

Written By: scarletgail on 01/25/05 at 12:00 am

J.Dirt 8)
Hey you wouldn't be talking about my cowboys would you ;) :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/26/05 at 9:42 am

;)

Written By: danootaandme on 01/27/05 at 3:42 pm

I wonder if Limbaugh will get himself a good seat.  After all he is one of McNabbs biggest fans ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/27/05 at 9:43 pm

I wonder if Limbaugh will get himself a good seat.  After all he is one of McNabbs biggest fans ;D
As for that stuff...I  hated Rush. AND I am rooting for the Eagles....though I won't be sad if the Pats win again.

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/28/05 at 7:27 am

I seriously dislike all this talk of a Pats dynasty... give it a few more years then start throwing 'that' word around.. it isn't to be used willey nilley.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/28/05 at 11:42 am

As for that stuff...I  hated Rush. AND I am rooting for the Eagles....though I won't be sad if the Pats win again.

Don't tell anyone here, but I'm with you.  The Pats have had a good run, but I'm a sucker for the underdog. I think if the Pats win this one the fans and players will lose that humble "ain't this great" cache, and turn it into an arrogant strut.  ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/28/05 at 2:48 pm

Don't tell anyone here, but I'm with you.  The Pats have had a good run, but I'm a sucker for the underdog. I think if the Pats win this one the fans and players will lose that humble "ain't this great" cache, and turn it into an arrogant strut.  ::)
;)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/29/05 at 9:48 pm

Three words for coach Andy Reid and Eagles' staff......

LET TERRELL PLAY!!!

Nuff said!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/29/05 at 9:53 pm

LET TERRELL PLAY!!!

Nuff said!

Don't waste your breath yelling at the Coach....we need to concentrate on yelling at his "ankle"....it needs to hurry up and heal so he can play :D

Written By: shiprunner12 on 01/29/05 at 9:55 pm

LET TERRELL PLAY!!!

Nuff said!

Even though I do want the Eagles to win, I don't think T.O. will make much of a difference against the Patriots.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/29/05 at 9:58 pm

Even though I do want the Eagles to win, I don't think T.O. will make much of a difference against the Patriots.
Hey....do you ever check your pms??

Written By: shiprunner12 on 01/29/05 at 10:19 pm

Hey....do you ever check your pms??

Sorry I always forget to check for new ones.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/29/05 at 10:32 pm

Sorry I always forget to check for new ones.
Hey....I never get mad at a Bronco fan :)

Written By: joedeertae on 01/31/05 at 10:12 am

Huh? ??? Who me? ::) :P

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 01/31/05 at 3:50 pm

I seriously dislike all this talk of a Pats dynasty... give it a few more years then start throwing 'that' word around.. it isn't to be used willey nilley.

I agree I really hate it when everyone starts saying the Patriots are a dynasty.  I feel though that if they do win the Super Bowel again this year that they will pretty darn close to dynasty.

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/01/05 at 2:41 pm

I guess that's the only reason for the Super Bowl.  ;D
Super Bowel

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 02/01/05 at 3:59 pm

I hate not catching my spelling mistakes.  Because then I look stupid :-[

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/01/05 at 7:55 pm

I hate not catching my spelling mistakes.  Because then I look stupid :-It just means that you're as human as the rest of us ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/01/05 at 7:59 pm

Last Eagles Super Bowl Team Lokks A LOT Like This One

The last time the Philadelphia Eagles lasted this long in a season, Dick Vermeil and his 1980 team were holed up in New Orleans, awaiting execution by the Oakland Raiders.

It came with a 27-10 defeat.

Now the Eagles are back and -- wouldn't you know it -- they're picked to lose again, mostly because they're up against a quarterback and head coach who won two of the past three Super Bowls. So get in line.
Pittsburgh beat New England this season, won 15 in a row and had a quarterback who was 14-0. Yet it was a three-point underdog in last weekend's AFC title game and lost by two touchdowns.

I don't care how these Eagles measure up against New England as much as I care how they measure up against the 1980 Eagles -- and the two are similar. Both won 11 of their first 12. Both coasted into the playoffs. Both scored decisive victories in their conference championship games. And both were built around accurate quarterbacks and suffocating defenses.

The 1980 Eagles won 12 games, which established a club record that stood until, well, until this year's team won 13.

"When I think about our team," said former cornerback Herman Edwards, now coach of the New York Jets, "I think of a team that was really, really close. It was almost like a college team where guys got along on both sides of the ball. We went into the Super Bowl with 22 free agents -- think about that, 22 free agents -- and they were guys we got from other clubs and guys who weren't drafted. That's remarkable."

So was Super Bowl week, with a yellow ribbon tied around the Superdome to honor American hostages released by Iran and an iron curtain dropped on the Eagles by their head coach to keep them thinking about football, not the night life of New Orleans.

"You know what I remember about that Super Bowl?" said Edwards. "We pulled into our hotel and had a curfew -- I think it was only one night where we were allowed to stay out until 11 -- anyway, I remember the first thing I did was turn on the 11 o'clock news, and there are the Raiders down on Bourbon Street partying all night long! I said, 'What is wrong with this picture?'"

We soon found out. Nothing. So what makes this Eagles team different? Philadelphia had better hope it's everything.

Quarterback
Ron Jaworski was a Pro Bowl choice in 1980; McNabb was a Pro Bowl choice 24 years later. I thought the similarities stopped there, mostly because I remember Jaworski as a born-and-bred pocket passer, not a quarterback who scrambled 220 yards and scored three times, as McNabb did this year. But Jaworski threw for 27 touchdowns, with 12 interceptions -- figures not that far removed from McNabb's totals of 31 TDs and 8 interceptions. McNabb does more, but that's no knock on Jaws. He led the NFC in passing efficiency. He was the Maxwell Football Club's NFL player of the year. He was UPI's NFC player of the year. He set nearly every club passing record before his release in 1987. "This year's team," said Jaworski, "is more talented overall. We were more a blue-collar bunch." Jaworski benefited from the presence of assistant Sid Gillman, brought in by Vermeil to handle the quarterbacks. "Jaws threw the ball where it was supposed to go," said Edwards, "but we weren't going to take a lot of chances. It was all about running the ball and field position."

Wide receivers
It doesn't matter if Terrell Owens plays. He's not a factor here, not based on what you'd expect from someone who hasn't been cleared by his doctor and who barely practiced since severely injuring an ankle Dec. 19. So that leaves Freddie Mitchell, Greg Lewis and Todd Pinkston as your wide receivers, and I'll take Harold Carmichael over all three ... combined. Carmichael, 6-feet-8 and dubbed "Ichabod Crane" by Dallas, was Jaworski's go-to receiver with 48 catches, nine touchdowns and a yards-per-catch average of 17. Oh, yeah, he also set a league record with catches in 127 consecutive games. "I go out there and tell them, 'I still have the best hands in Philadelphia,'" joked Carmichael, who serves as the team's director of player development and alumni. "I'm 55, and I can't run, but my hands are good." They always were.

Running backs
Vermeil's leading rusher was Wilbert Montgomery, but he didn't gain 1,000 yards. Well, neither did Brian Westbrook. In fact, he barely had more yards (812) than Montgomery (778), though his per-carry average (4.6 to 4.0) was significantly better. Montgomery was a superior runner, and it showed with eight rushing TDs and a marvelous 194-yard effort in the NFC championship game against mighty Dallas; the shifty Westbrook is a solid receiver, with 73 catches and six receptions for TDs. But here's something you might have forgotten: Any idea who led the '80 Eagles in receptions? Uh-huh, it was Montgomery with 50. And he had the engines to run through the Cowboys for a 42-yard score in the championship game. "Montgomery and Westbrook were very, very similar in their roles," said the team's play-by-play announcer, Merrill Reese. "They're both very active guys. What Wilbert meant to team in 1980, Brian Westbrook means to it today." And, believe me, it's all good.

Tight ends
Keith Krepfle and John Spagnola were reliable receivers, catching 48 passes with seven scores, but Krepfle was known more for his blocking. Spagnola, then a backup, would go on to become an outstanding receiver, with a team-high 65 receptions in 1984 and 64 in 1985. This year's combination of Chad Lewis, L.J. Smith and Mike Bartum had 68 catches and nine TDs, but beware of Smith: He has the potential to become the complete package at this position and maybe, just maybe, one of the best in the game.

Offensive line
"Very solid" is how Jaworski described his offensive line, and here's why: "I threw 38 times in the Super Bowl," he said, "and I didn't get sacked." They had an All-Pro in tackle Stan Walters and a Pro Bowl choice in tackle Jerry Sisemore. Walters was the better pass blocker; Sisemore was the better drive blocker. Left guard Pete Perot was what Reese called "the feisty one." In short, it was an offensive line that had the confidence of a quarterback who counted on them as bodyguards. Nothing's changed in 24 years. Where Philadelphia's quarterbacks were sacked 33 times in 1980, they were sacked 37 times this season. The line is substantially bigger now, with tackle Tra Thomas 6-7 and 349 pounds, and it's equally decorated. Thomas was named to his third Pro Bowl, while right guard Jerome Mayberry and right tackle Jon Runyan were Pro Bowl choices in 2002. "Our guys were smaller," said Edwards, "but they were tough. And they were good."

Defensive line
This is where we diverge, with the 1980 Eagles more adept at stopping the run. It wasn't that its opponents didn't try to beat them with the run; it's that they couldn't. The Eagles played a 3-4 and played it so effectively that opponents averaged 3.6 yards a carry, with no run longer than 37 yards. The club had Dennis Harrison, Carl Hairston and pass-rushing specialist Claude Humphrey as ends and were adept at pressuring the pocket. This year's Eagles, a 4-3 defense, can shrink the pocket, too, finishing as the league's second-ranked club in sacks. What they don't do as effectively is stuff opposing backs, but they're better now than they were in September. "We were very good against the run all the time," said Edwards, "and we didn't give up the big play. Plus, we could bring the pressure when we had to." One difference in the two fronts: The 1980 Eagles had a Pro Bowl choice in nose tackle Charlie Johnson; this year's front four sends no one to Honolulu.

Linebackers
It's hard to beat the combination of John Bunting, Bill Bergey, Frank LeMaster and Jerry Robinson, but this year's linebackers have something the 1980 Eagles did not -- a Pro Bowl representative (two if you count special teams rep Ike Reese). That would be middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter, who started the last eight games and whose addition steadied a run defense shredded for 252 yards by Pittsburgh. Trotter's addition moved Mark Simoneau to one side and Nate Wayne to the bench, and the Eagles responded by slowing down opposing rushing attacks, with Trotter making a team-high 55 tackles the second half of the season. Edwards recalls the Eagles four linebackers as the key to a defense that allowed 222 points. This year's team allowed 260 points, but 58 of them came in the last two games after the Eagles shut it down, with coach Andy Reid resting his starters.

Defensive backs
There is no secondary better than this one, and I offer the Pro Bowl voting as evidence. Three of the team's four starters -- strong safety Michael Lewis, free safety Brian Dawkins and cornerback Lito Sheppard -- made the team, with Dawkins and Sheppard being named All-Pro. The only man missing is cornerback Sheldon Brown, who SI thought so much of that it named him to its All-Pro squad. That's four-for-four, folks, and it doesn't get any better. The 1980 Eagles weren't shabby, with Roynell Young and Edwards solid at cornerback and strong safety Randy Logan a Pro Bowl choice. The Eagles played more zone then than they do now, and the results were impressive: They produced 25 interceptions and held opposing quarterbacks to a completion rate of 48.8. And this year's team? There were 17 interceptions and only 16 touchdown passes by opposing quarterbacks. Only Baltimore and Pittsburgh allowed fewer.

Special teams
Another big difference is here, with special teams coordinator John Harbaugh taking a bow for one of the league's best and brightest units. The 1980 Eagles won despite inconsistent performances by kicker Tony Franklin. He barely connected on more than half of his field goals (16-for-31) and was 3-for-11 on kicks of 40 yards or more. "But," pointed out Reese, "I remember him as dangerous because of his range." By contrast, David Akers seldom misses, hitting 83 percent of his field-goal attempts and 27 of 32 this year -- including 17-for-21 from 40 yards and beyond. The '80 Eagles were outstanding on punt and kickoff coverage, but so is this year's edition. Neither allowed a touchdown. Of course, neither team scored on punt or kickoff returns.

Coaching
"When I think of the 1980 Eagles," said Gil Brandt, who ran the personnel department with Dallas then, "I think of a team that was not as good as its record -- and that's a testament to its coaching. It was one of the best-coached teams in the league in a long time." Vermeil and Reid have something in common: Both made it to the Super Bowl after decades of frustration for Philadelphia. The last Eagles team to make it to the NFL championship game before Vermeil arrived? Try 1960. Then it took another 24 years after Vermeil lost to Oakland. "Kind of ironic, don't you think?" said Edwards. Of the two, Reid is more low-key; Vermeil was more intense. Both are meticulous in their approaches to the game. And both are successful. Vermeil went to the playoffs four consecutive years; Reid has been there five. "I would've loved to have played for Andy Reid," said Jaworski. So would Edwards. "The thing about him is that he's very consistent," he said. So are these two teams.

Written By: AchtungBaby on 02/05/05 at 3:41 pm

Did ya have to remind me of that sad sad day in January 1981?  Hopefully things will change tomorrow - and we will not do the usual for Philly.    C****.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/05/05 at 5:16 pm

Did ya have to remind me of that sad sad day in January 1981?  Hopefully things will change tomorrow - and we will not do the usual for Philly.    C****.
It's the only Super Bowl I missed (Other than 1-4)...my college girlfriend made me "forget" all about the game :-X

Check for new replies or respond here...