inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Baseball news-Montreal EXPOS are going to Washington DC...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/29/04 at 7:11 pm

I heard on the news today that the Montreal Expos are moving to Washington DC...Why? Money? the fans? Maybe they think they will get some WINS there?

Subject: Re: Baseball news-Montreal EXPOS are going to Washington DC...

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/29/04 at 7:26 pm

Okay, first of all, Tony, you could have saved Chucky some web space by replying in my own thread. Second of all, the Expos were bought out by the other 29 owners in MLB and Commisioner Bud Selig in 2002 on a limited lease. If the owners had kept the Expos in Montreal, they couldn't devote any time to their own teams. So it was either move out or fold the Expos. Third of all, not many baseball fans were from Montreal. That's why some of their "home" games were played in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I'll miss them, but it's time for baseball to move on.
I heard on the news today that the Montreal Expos are moving to Washington DC...Why? Money? the fans? Maybe they think they will get some WINS there?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/29/04 at 9:27 pm

Okay, first of all, Tony, you could have saved Chucky some web space by replying in my own thread.

Easy Indy, she might have the beginnings of GWBush2004 syndrome :D We have MANY duplicate threads because of him :-\\ It's cool, George.....

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/29/04 at 11:18 pm

Easy Indy, she might have the beginnings of GWBush2004 syndrome :D We have MANY duplicate threads because of him :-\\ It's cool, George.....
Sorry i did not know when I posted the topic that it was already mentioned...

I don't think the Expos will do well in Washington either....considering it's Baltimore ORIOLES territory...

Written By: Kryllith on 09/30/04 at 8:25 am

Well now the world series is TRULY a US only event, unless there's another Canadian based team in MLB that slipped my mind. To quote Eddie Izzard: Baseball has it's world series... and America has won if every year, so well done for you!

Kryllith

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/30/04 at 1:30 pm

8)

Check for new replies or respond here...