inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NASCAR Season 2005....can't wait!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/24/05 at 2:50 am

I have been seriously missing NASCAR Nextel Cup racing....any other race fans feel like that? Next month is gonna ROCK,with the EAGLES in the Super Bowl.....and then the Daytona 500....woohoo!!!

Subject: Re: NASCAR Season 2005....can't wait!!

Written By: gord on 01/24/05 at 5:23 pm

Racing season is just around the corner, the Rolex 24hr from Daytona is less than 2 weeks away :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/26/05 at 9:40 pm

Racing season is just around the corner, the Rolex 24hr from Daytona is less than 2 weeks away :)
the Daytona 500...I'd love to see my fave driver,Tony Stewart,change his Daytona bad luck this year with a WIN...the man DOES have the skills to do it....

Written By: gord on 01/27/05 at 6:34 am

the Daytona 500...I'd love to see my fave driver,Tony Stewart,change his Daytona bad luck this year with a WIN...the man DOES have the skills to do it....

Tony is a good driver, able to drive in a variety of series. If you want to catch him before the Daytona 500 he is teamed with Andy Wallace and Jan Lammers at Rolex 24. :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/28/05 at 6:47 pm

Am I the only NASCAR fan who thinks Jeff Gordon is overrated.....I think the #24 needs to let his teammate Jimmie Johnson get some fame-as well as championships! Time to step aside for awhile,let your protege make his mark,and be proud you are a part of his growth as a racer....

Written By: gord on 01/28/05 at 8:08 pm

Am I the only NASCAR fan who thinks Jeff Gordon is overrated.....I think the #24 needs to let his teammate Jimmie Johnson get some fame-as well as championships! Time to step aside for awhile,let your protege make his mark,and be proud you are a part of his growth as a racer....

You probably follow Nascar closer than I do, but didn't the protege show the mentor up the past couple seasons ?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/28/05 at 8:28 pm

You probably follow Nascar closer than I do, but didn't the protege show the mentor up the past couple seasons ?
Yep....that's just what I was getting at.

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 01/29/05 at 9:33 am

I am hoping that Kacy Kane will be able to get some wins this year.  I feel he has a real good chance this year now that he has a year of NASCAR under his belt.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/29/05 at 11:28 am

I like all the drivers mentioned so far, but I'm rooting for Dale Earnhardt Jr.  ;)

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 01/31/05 at 11:36 am

I feel like Jr. got too many fans just because his father died in an accident.  It is like as soon as Dale Sr. died his popularity just shot up.  Ever since then I never really liked him.  I think he is a good driver but he has gotten too many fans from his father's death.

Written By: gord on 02/05/05 at 3:24 pm

Tony20fan, where are ya? Tonys team is out front, he'll be in the car soon. Are you watchin? :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/05/05 at 7:26 pm

I feel like Jr. got too many fans just because his father died in an accident. It is like as soon as Dale Sr. died his popularity just shot up. Ever since then I never really liked him. I think he is a good driver but he has gotten too many fans from his father's death.
Hey...you a Jeff Gordon fan?...just checking. Dale Jr is a YOUNG driver still,give him time...drivers who race in different types of cars seem to be doing the best in NASCAR's 'Modern' era....people like my fave,Tony Stewart....

How's this for DUMB...Robby Gordon supposedly blabs over his radio,for all to hear,how he plans to screw with the other drivers to make them mess up.....NOT TOO BRIGHT THERE!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/05/05 at 7:27 pm

Tony20fan, where are ya? Tonys team is out front, he'll be in the car soon. Are you watchin? :)
I don't really watch any other racin' except NASCAR.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/05/05 at 7:31 pm

Anyone out there who absolutely DETESTS

KURT BUSCH?

Written By: jiminy on 02/05/05 at 8:44 pm

Anyone out there who absolutely DETESTS

KURT BUSCH?

all the drivers are good and all deserve some respect the guy wasn't given the title he went out there and outdrove everyone else including my favorite driver, I really find it's funny how everyone bad mouths the other drivers and it's usually after that driver has made a name for him self like Jeff Gordon. Sure some drivers make mistakes and do bone head things out of anger but this happens in all sports and from what I've heard most of the guys get along well off the track. My favorite driver was Darrel Waltrip, I started liking him way back in 1981 when I first got into NASCAR, I remember how hated he was, why? because he won a lot and liked to talk (Jaws) ;D Then Dale Earnhardt became the guy to hate and now it seems that Jeff Gordon has this title. oh, by the way I'm also a Tony fan ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/06/05 at 9:38 am

I feel like Jr. got too many fans just because his father died in an accident.  It is like as soon as Dale Sr. died his popularity just shot up.  Ever since then I never really liked him.  I think he is a good driver but he has gotten too many fans from his father's death.
I must be the exception then....I've Always like Jr. I also used to like Kyle Petty but never liked Richard that much :-\\

Written By: gord on 02/06/05 at 9:45 am

I don't really watch any other racin' except NASCAR.

I figured but just thought you wanted to know how Tonys team is doing :) heartbreat again this year for the team, with 2hrs remaining of a 24hr race they were running 2nd and came in with mechanical probs.

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 02/06/05 at 1:00 pm

Hey...you a Jeff Gordon fan?...just checking. Dale Jr is a YOUNG driver still,give him time...drivers who race in different types of cars seem to be doing the best in NASCAR's 'Modern' era....people like my fave,Tony Stewart....

How's this for DUMB...Robby Gordon supposedly blabs over his radio,for all to hear,how he plans to screw with the other drivers to make them mess up.....NOT TOO BRIGHT THERE!

I can't stand Jeff Gordon.  I have always liked Bill Elliot but then when Kasey Kane took over for him I automatically liked him.  I will alwasy be a Bill Elliot fan though.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/08/05 at 11:26 pm

I would LOVE to see those dumba** 'politically correct' people who claim all NASCAR fans are rednecks actually show up at a track on race weekend,and see all the fans that come out and support NASCAR.....see if we ALL fit their definition of
REDNECK when we roll into the infield with expensive travel trailers and motorhomes,which no poor person could possibly afford!!!

Written By: bj26 on 02/09/05 at 7:37 am

do you have any info on the No. 99 Federated car? My brother in law is part owner, though he's never offered to meet at a race or anything.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/09/05 at 5:34 pm

dunno about the #99 car.....find info at http://www.nascar.com/

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/09/05 at 5:38 pm

Does anyone else in here think Robby Gordon is slightly....looney?Does he not know that broadcasting his nasty intentions on how he's gonna take out other drivers is gonna backfire on him coz they will know he's gunning for them? DUHH!

Check for new replies or respond here...