inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The steelers are the best team

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 01/28/05 at 11:41 am

What do you think?

Subject: Re: The steelers are the best team

Written By: tmtrktm on 01/28/05 at 12:28 pm

I'm a big Steelers fan and am really disappointed that they aren't in the SuperBowl.

But, they DID lose to New England, and though I think they had the potential to win the game, they didn't.

The best team in football can't be giving up 4 turnovers in a big game.

Still proud of them, though -- they had a good season.

Written By: shiprunner12 on 01/28/05 at 2:23 pm

I disagree with you. Although they were the best team during the regular season, the playoffs are when you see what the teams are really made of. Ben Roethlisberger choked and threw three crutial interceptions. At the second interception they should have sent out Maddox. If they were truly the best team they would have beat the Patriots and would be in the Superbowl.

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 01/28/05 at 2:53 pm

I do agree that they should have put Maddox in after the second interception.  However, they lost to the Patriots and unless you play a perfect football game you are going to loose.  Although Maddox would have been able to play under the pressure of the playoffs, I don't think even he could have come back to beat the Patriots.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/28/05 at 3:22 pm

I disagree or else they'd be headed over to the Super Bowl.

Go E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!!!!!!

Tanya

Written By: thebutcheress on 01/28/05 at 3:37 pm

Go E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!!!!!!

Tanya

YOU GO TANYA!!!

FLY EAGLES FLY
ON THE ROAD TO VICTORY
FIGHT EAGLES FIGHT
GET A TOUCHDOWN 1,2,3
HIT EM LOW
HIT EM HIGH
AND WATCH OUR EAGLES FLY
FLY EAGLES FLY
ON THE ROAD TO VICTORY
E-A-G-L-E-S
EAGLES

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/28/05 at 3:39 pm

YOU GO TANYA!!!

FLY EAGLES FLY
ON THE ROAD TO VICTORY
FIGHT EAGLES FIGHT
GET A TOUCHDOWN 1,2,3
HIT EM LOW
HIT EM HIGH
AND WATCH OUR EAGLES FLY
FLY EAGLES FLY
ON THE ROAD TO VICTORY
E-A-G-L-E-S
EAGLES

I gotta root for my hometown team! I am proud of them. Though it sucks to be here in CA, after waiting so long for this.

Tanya

Written By: thebutcheress on 01/28/05 at 3:51 pm

I gotta root for my hometown team! I am proud of them. Though it sucks to be here in CA, after waiting so long for this.

Tanya

Born and raised! That sucks that your in CA, but still it doesnt make it any less sweeter a victory!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/28/05 at 6:54 pm

Born and raised! That sucks that your in CA, but still it doesnt make it any less sweeter a victory!!
Absecon NJ-my hometown-is EAGLES country....

Why do both the Jets and Giants call themselves "New York"....when they actually play in NJ...Northern NJ I mean,not to be confused with Southern NJ,which starts in the southern half of Ocean County..this IS Eagles territory!!!

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 01/29/05 at 9:16 am

The Eagles aren't as good as everyone says they are.  The NFC this year sucked.  There weren't many if any teams who could compete with the Eagles.  Almost every time the Eagles played an AFC team they didn't win by much which shows that they don't stand a chance against the Patriots.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/29/05 at 10:55 am

Absecon NJ-my hometown-is EAGLES country....

Why do both the Jets and Giants call themselves "New York"....when they actually play in NJ...Northern NJ I mean,not to be confused with Southern NJ,which starts in the southern half of Ocean County..this IS Eagles territory!!!

How is that? When they play in Philadelphia and you have to come into Philly to see them!  Philly is Eagles country! It's okay, since Jersey (either side) doesn't have a football team.

The Eagles aren't as good as everyone says they are. The NFC this year sucked. There weren't many if any teams who could compete with the Eagles. Almost every time the Eagles played an AFC team they didn't win by much which shows that they don't stand a chance against the Patriots.

It's okay, that you're upset! I'll let that remark go!  ;D

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/29/05 at 11:26 am

Go E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!!!!!!

Tanya
Absolutely :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/30/05 at 9:11 pm

The Eagles aren't as good as everyone says they are. The NFC this year sucked. There weren't many if any teams who could compete with the Eagles. Almost every time the Eagles played an AFC team they didn't win by much which shows that they don't stand a chance against the Patriots.
I'll dismiss that statement as coming from an extermely disappointed Steelers fan. You cannot always go on past experience with AFC/NFC matchups.....the team who is REALLY HUNGRY for the win,and PLAYS WITH HEART LIKE THEY ARE HUNGRY FOR THE WIN,usually gets the job done,You play half-heartedly,you don't win. Period.

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 01/31/05 at 10:33 am

I understand that but even though the Eagles maybe hungry for it they have a lot of people who think they are the team.  There was a play during the AFC championship game where the Patriots knew where the Steelers were going to go and stopped them from getting the first down.  The Patriots will know what the Eagles are going to do and even if Mcnabb tries to run the Patriots defense is so fast that he won't get far.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/31/05 at 11:21 am

I'll dismiss that statement as coming from an extermely disappointed Steelers fan. You cannot always go on past experience with AFC/NFC matchups.....the team who is REALLY HUNGRY for the win,and PLAYS WITH HEART LIKE THEY ARE HUNGRY FOR THE WIN,usually gets the job done,You play half-heartedly,you don't win. Period.
Just like my Broncos storming to 2 road wins...the cheifs and Steelers, to make it to the Super Bowl and "Upset" the heavily favoured Packers ;)

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 01/31/05 at 4:11 pm

That's just cause the Broncos had the better team.  Back then I believe we still had O'donnell or it might have been Kordell's first year but either way they both sucked.  I hated having them on the team.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/31/05 at 9:47 pm

That's just cause the Broncos had the better team.  Back then I believe we still had O'donnell or it might have been Kordell's first year but either way they both sucked.  I hated having them on the team.
Hey I meant NO disrespect. I like the Steelers a LOT! I especially loved when Cowher showed the class in talking to Shanahan after that game saying "Go get one for the AFC"....as for O'Donnel....he THREW that Super Bowl against the Cowpies. He threw the ball right to Dallas both times...cost Pittsburgh the game....I was and still am pissed. Steelers were definately the better team in that game :-\\

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 02/01/05 at 11:43 am

Hey I meant NO disrespect. I like the Steelers a LOT! I especially loved when Cowher showed the class in talking to Shanahan after that game saying "Go get one for the AFC"....as for O'Donnel....he THREW that Super Bowl against the Cowpies. He threw the ball right to Dallas both times...cost Pittsburgh the game....I was and still am ticked. Steelers were definately the better team in that game :-\\

I do like that Cowher shows respect for the other team.  I don't think it is right though that every year that we get the first round bye we end up losing in the Championship Game.  I don't think Cowher is any good at getting the players ready for the playoffs.  They make the same mistakes they do in the regular season and expect that because it worked then it will work in the playoffs.  I feel that until Cowher is gone we will not win a Super Bowl.  And until then I will probably be ticked. >:(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/01/05 at 12:01 pm

I do like that Cowher shows respect for the other team.  I don't think it is right though that every year that we get the first round bye we end up losing in the Championship Game.  I don't think Cowher is any good at getting the players ready for the playoffs.  They make the same mistakes they do in the regular season and expect that because it worked then it will work in the playoffs.  I feel that until Cowher is gone we will not win a Super Bowl.  And until then I will probably be ticked. >:(
The only problem I have with Cowher is the stuff he said about Denver and thier cut blocking....they showed on ESPN that most teams...including Pittsburgh do it. It's not illegal. Though I don't condone it. Shanahan is catching hell in Denver for not getting back to the big game but I think people that want him out are hypocrites! Look at the "Great" Don Shula. Miami goes 17-0 in '72...sure...with the easiest schedule in the history of the league! They won back to back in the 70's...then lost 2 in the early 80's....he coached into the 90's and had job security. I think Shanahan deserves more respect than he is getting :-\\

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 02/01/05 at 3:32 pm

I don't agree with the cut blocking either I feel it is an excuse for the players who can't block.  You are right though everyone does it so it makes no sense for people to critize people for it.  Those people are hypocrites.

Written By: shiprunner12 on 02/01/05 at 5:14 pm

The only problem I have with Cowher is the stuff he said about Denver and thier cut blocking....they showed on ESPN that most teams...including Pittsburgh do it. It's not illegal. Though I don't condone it. Shanahan is catching hell in Denver for not getting back to the big game but I think people that want him out are hypocrites! Look at the "Great" Don Shula. Miami goes 17-0 in '72...sure...with the easiest schedule in the history of the league! They won back to back in the 70's...then lost 2 in the early 80's....he coached into the 90's and had job security. I think Shanahan deserves more respect than he is getting :-\\

Shanahan is one of the best(if not the best) coach that Denver has ever had. He won two Super Bowls as the Broncos head coach. Also even though they lost John Elway, Terrell Davis, and Shannon Sharpe, who were three of the best players on the team during those two wins, Shanahan is still able to get the Broncos to the playoffs. He did a great job coaching this season with a young runningback as well as having a quarterback that doesn't have the greatest accuracy.

Written By: shiprunner12 on 02/01/05 at 9:50 pm

:o I didn't know you were into football. ... ESPECIALLY that much. Wow. That amount of information was mind-boggling.

Even though I don't play football I look at most of the teams roster charts and watch the games on tv. Also I've done a lot of research on the Denver Broncos.

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 02/02/05 at 4:03 pm

I have to agree with you shipprunner, Shanahan is a really good coach.  To get the Broncos in the playoffs alomost every year is a great accomplishment.  And to do it with out Elway, Davis, and Sharpe I have got to admit is probably a better coach than Cowher.
You really surprised me too with all the information you seem to know.  I am glad to finally see another fan who takes it seriously.

Written By: Wolveroses on 02/02/05 at 5:56 pm

No, the LIONS are the bestest team!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 02/03/05 at 2:47 pm

No, the LIONS are the bestest team!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Don't you wish! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...