inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Congrats To The Pats

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/06/05 at 9:00 pm

First an early Congratulations to the New England Patriots. Philadelphia had thier chances :-\\ There's still 2:00 left but it's looking pretty bad for The Eagles....At least the Halftime show was excellent ;)

Subject: Re: Congrats To The Pats

Written By: Tam on 02/06/05 at 9:54 pm

Philly put up a good fight in the final minutes.... but congrats to the Pats!
(Would much rather have seen the Ravens in XXXIX though)  :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/06/05 at 10:36 pm

Philly put up a good fight in the final minutes.... but congrats to the Pats!
(Would much rather have seen the Ravens in XXXIX though)  :D
I would've loved to see my Denver Broncos in it  ;)

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/06/05 at 10:54 pm

The Eagles were sitting on the ball when they had only 3 minutes left, I've never seen such a thing, where was their no huddle? Oh well, as I predicted the Patriots won and deservedly so, congrats New England.

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/07/05 at 10:26 am

Especially in the Super Bowl. The Eagles have done it both in important and unimportant games. I don't know why McNabb and company have to go to a huddle. Not saying they could have won with a two-minite drill. But it could have given them more time.
BTW, I couldn't understand why the so-called experts said that the Pats were gonna run away with it. Am also confounded on people who picked the Eagles to romp, let alone upset.  :-\\ 
The Eagles were sitting on the ball when they had only 3 minutes left, I've never seen such a thing, where was their no huddle?

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 02/07/05 at 2:53 pm

I kept saying the Eagles needed to go with a no huddle.  Even though I wasn't rooting for the Eagles I still think it was stupid of them to not run a no huddle drive.  They wasted 20 seconds each play just by standing in the huddle and walking up to the line.  They didn't even try to get the ball off quick.  I was happy to see the Pats win though.  No complaints here I felt it was a good game. 8)

Written By: danootaandme on 02/08/05 at 11:50 am

I am from Massachusetts, but would like to have seen the Eagles take it.  The Pats have had their day.
Now I have had(and will have) to put up with the neverending bull that goes along with the win.  They
pre-empted local news so that we could all watch the plane taxi on the tarmac.  We saw a live shot of the 
bus leaving the airport.  The parade started at eleven, but at nine all local programming was watching
fans line up at the parade route.  The endearing "gee this is great" has morphed into the arrogant strut
just as I was afraid it would...tenfold
                                                    ENOUGH

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/09/05 at 9:21 am

According to teammate (the center) Hank Fraley,  McNabb was too sick to perform the 2-miniute drill.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-superbowl-mcnabb&prov=ap&type=lgns

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/09/05 at 9:45 am

According to teammate (the center) Hank Fraley,  McNabb was too sick to perform the 2-miniute drill.
If I'm so sick that my team is sufferring because of my lack of performance....I'd pull myself out! Detmer may have given just enough to win :-\\

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/09/05 at 12:01 pm

I'm sorry, but I seriously doubt that, Mark. I know you want to support CU alumni, but judging by his pass performances, Detmer is not the guy you want on the field. And besides, a lot of players play sick, injured or (sometimes) crazy in an important game. I don't think McNabb was that ill. It was poor clock judgment by the players and Andy Reid anyway that eventually lost the game.
If I'm so sick that my team is sufferring because of my lack of performance....I'd pull myself out! Detmer may have given just enough to win :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/09/05 at 12:22 pm

I'm sorry, but I seriously doubt that, Mark. I know you want to support CU alumni, but judging by his pass performances, Detmer is not the guy you want on the field. And besides, a lot of players play sick, injured or (sometimes) crazy in an important game. I don't think McNabb was that ill. It was poor clock judgment by the players and Andy Reid anyway that eventually lost the game.
You're probably right about Detmer...I agree they screwed up major with the clock. I gotta congratulate New England for the win though :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/10/05 at 1:19 pm

McNabb's sickness has been denied by McNabb himself.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8179333

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/10/05 at 2:44 pm

McNabb's sickness has been denied by McNabb himself.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8179333
Wow :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...