inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Sports Records Will Never Be Broken?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/13/05 at 9:50 am

I feel that Wilt Chamberlain scoring 100 points in a single game will never fall...former Denver Nugget David Thompson is 2nd with 73.

I also don't see UCLA's 88 game winning streak falling, or thier 10 years or the Celtics 8 year run of championships....

Subject: Re: What Sports Records Will Never Be Broken?

Written By: Ansky1213 on 03/13/05 at 10:13 am

UCLA's winning streak out of those. But I also think that Joe Dimaggio's hit streak will ever be surpassed.

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 03/13/05 at 10:43 am

i said 100 points in a game and Celtics 8 titles in a row.

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/13/05 at 11:30 am

Nobody.. NOBODY is gonna take the Celtics record.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/13/05 at 11:46 am

Nobody.. NOBODY is gonna take the Celtics record.

Boston had some great teams back then but remember that the NBA had only 12 teams in the league over that time. Might be comparable to having the Yankees  up against only 7 other crappy baseball teams :D Though The Celtics did have The Philadelphia Warriors/76rs teams to compete against some of the time

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/13/05 at 11:49 am

Boston had some great teams back then but remember that the NBA had only 12 teams in the league over that time. Might be comparable to having the Yankees  up against only 7 other crappy baseball teams :D Though The Celtics did have The Philadelphia Warriors/76rs teams to compete against some of the time

True True.

Thing about it is, there are no real dynastys any more.. ok ok, so the Bulls were sort of a dynasty, but hell, that ended what 7-8 years ago.

The Lakers were the last proclaimed 'dynasty in the making' and we saw what happened there. It's the same in all sports nowadays which is excellent.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/13/05 at 11:53 am

True True.

Thing about it is, there are no real dynastys any more.. ok ok, so the Bulls were sort of a dynasty, but hell, that ended what 7-8 years ago.

The Lakers were the last proclaimed 'dynasty in the making' and we saw what happened there. It's the same in all sports nowadays which is excellent.
Yeah, I'd say the only true dynasty left has to be The Patriots. If Jordan hadn't opted out to play baseball I believe Chicago would've beaten The Celtics record....and The Bulls had way harder competition as well ;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/13/05 at 11:56 am

Yeah, I'd say the only true dynasty left has to be The Patriots. If Jordan hadn't opted out to play baseball I believe Chicago would've beaten The Celtics record....and The Bulls had way harder competition as well ;)

DON'T SAY THAT! Goddam it, the patriots are no freakin dynasty, i was about screaming at the TV when they kept saying it.
I bet you $100 right now the Pats don't win next years superbowl.

They were DAMN lucky to win this year, and they were DAMN lucky to win the other year as well.

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/13/05 at 12:02 pm

The Celtic's 8 straight titles and Chamberlain's 100 points in one game seem like the most impobable to beat to me.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/13/05 at 12:07 pm

DON'T SAY THAT! Goddam it, the patriots are no freakin dynasty, i was about screaming at the TV when they kept saying it.

They were darn lucky to win this year, and they were darn lucky to win the other year as well.
;D KNEW that would light a fire under ya!! SO? What about my thoughts on The Bulls/Jordan??

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 03/13/05 at 12:08 pm

They were darn lucky to win this year, and they were darn lucky to win the other year as well.

Patriots can only beat teams by a field goal in the super bowl.  you can't always do that.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/13/05 at 12:26 pm

Patriots can only beat teams by a field goal in the super bowl.  you can't always do that.
AND The Steelers won 4 Titles in 6 years ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/05 at 12:28 pm

I am waiting for the day when a golfer scores a 59 or less in a major tournament.

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/13/05 at 12:29 pm

;D KNEW that would light a fire under ya!! SO? What about my thoughts on The Bulls/Jordan??

They would never have taken 8 on the trot. It just wouldn't happen..

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 03/13/05 at 12:30 pm

AND The Steelers won 4 Titles in 6 years ;)

that's right man.  they were the best then.  and their not too bad now.

Written By: shiprunner12 on 03/13/05 at 1:23 pm

I voted for UCLA's 10 straight NCAA Basketball Titles. That's really hard to do and I don't think any other NCAA team will do that for a long time, if ever.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/13/05 at 2:29 pm

I voted for UCLA's 10 straight NCAA Basketball Titles. That's really hard to do and I don't think any other NCAA team will do that for a long time, if ever.
You had up to 4 votes...Wilt's 100 as well perhaps?  ;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/13/05 at 2:43 pm

You had up to 4 votes...Wilt's 100 as well perhaps?  ;)

Nah pretty much all those other records can and maybe will be broken, however the way the league is set up now, it would take a small miracle for a team to win 9 Championships.

Check for new replies or respond here...