inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NBA Playoffs~2005

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/23/05 at 10:35 am

The match-ups are:

Seattle vs Sacramento
Phoenix vs Memphis
Miami vs New Jersey
Dallas vs Houston
Boston vs Indiana
Detroit vs Philadelphia
Chicago vs Washington
San Antonio vs Denver
==============================

I'd love to see Denver beat San Antonio but think the finals will be Miami vs Phoenix.

We'll see!

Subject: Re: NBA Playoffs

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/23/05 at 4:20 pm

Well, it looks as if Detroit is going to lead 1-0 as they lead Philly late in the 4th.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/23/05 at 4:35 pm

Detroit 106 Philadelphia 85...Pistons lead 1-0. Next up, Houston @ Dallas

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/23/05 at 6:13 pm

Dee, I hope the Pacers beat Boston, but I remember when we were the 3rd seed 2 years ago, and the Celtics kicked us all over the place. Let's hope for a different result. I predict it'll be the Pistons and Spurs, as much as I'd rather have the Suns or Nuggets win it all if the Pacers are knocked off.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/23/05 at 7:15 pm

Dee, I hope the Pacers beat Boston, but I remember when we were the 3rd seed 2 years ago, and the Celtics kicked us all over the place. Let's hope for a different result. I predict it'll be the Pistons and Spurs, as much as I'd rather have the Suns or Nuggets win it all if the Pacers are knocked off.
Hey Jonathan, they're getting ready to tip it off in Boston...Go Pacers! It'd be really cool to see Reggie Miller win one in his final season ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/23/05 at 7:22 pm

Houston wrested home court advantage from Dallas with a 98-86 victory.

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/23/05 at 7:27 pm

As per usual i am wishing on a Celtics win.. but for some reason i doubt it  ::)

Written By: nally on 04/23/05 at 7:34 pm

I was watching the Detroit-Philly game earlier... Philly took an early lead, but I guess the Pistons came back. Either team is OK with me for now.

As for the San Antonio-Denver series, I'd like to see the Nuggets win that. ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/23/05 at 8:18 pm

Darn Celtics lead 51-28!! I HATE red Aurbach...the "Great Satan" to the old American Basketball Association >:(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/23/05 at 9:39 pm

I was watching the Detroit-Philly game earlier... Philly took an early lead, but I guess the Pistons came back. Either team is OK with me for now.

As for the San Antonio-Denver series, I'd like to see the Nuggets win that. ;)
Thanks, Jeff :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/23/05 at 9:40 pm

Looks like Indiana is going to lose game 1 but they can always come back and steal home court in the next one ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/24/05 at 9:15 am

Seattle 87 Sacramento 82  SuperSonics lead 1-0

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/24/05 at 7:17 pm

Miami beat New Jersey 116-98 and Chicago is beating Washington 101-94 with 1 minute left...next up....Denver @ San Antonio :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/24/05 at 8:39 pm

Denver Nuggets' Andre Miller made a half court shot to end the half to make it 52-52 with The Spurs 8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/24/05 at 9:40 pm

Tied at 83...Denver and San Antonio with 3 minutes left.....

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/24/05 at 9:55 pm

Denver 93 San Antonio 87! Nuggets steal home-court :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/25/05 at 1:22 am

Congratulations Mark! Hope the Nuggets can steal the series. And I hope the Pacers win tomorrow night. 8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/25/05 at 10:21 am

Congratulations Mark! Hope the Nuggets can steal the series. And I hope the Pacers win tomorrow night. 8)
Thanks Jonathan! I wish your Pacers all the best as well. I wouldn't mind seeing an all-ABA finals but I'd hate to have root against Indiana if they played the Nuggets ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/25/05 at 9:04 pm

Congatulations to Jonathan's Pacers for beating those wretched Celtics 82-79 to even the series at 1-1 ;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/25/05 at 9:06 pm

Congatulations to Jonathan's Pacers for beating those wretched Celtics 82-79 to even the series at 1-1 ;)

::) Celtics are just doing that for the ratings

Written By: Mark In The Dark on 04/27/05 at 6:47 pm

;D I can't stand them for the simple fact that Aurbach was so against the American Basketball Association  >:(

My nuggets are tipping off with the Spurs in a few minutes...they have home court advantage even if they lose tonight.

Written By: Mark In The Dark on 04/27/05 at 6:47 pm

;D I can't stand them for the simple fact that Aurbach was so against the American Basketball Association  >:(

My Nuggets are tipping off with the Spurs in a few minutes...they have home court advantage even if they lose tonight.

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/27/05 at 6:52 pm

My Nuggets are tipping off with the Spurs in a few minutes...they have home court advantage even if they lose tonight.

I wouldn't be knowing about the ABA..

I'd 10 times rather see the Nuggets win than the Spurs. I can't stand Tim Duncan.

Written By: Mark In The Dark on 04/27/05 at 6:57 pm

I wouldn't be knowing about the ABA..

I'd 10 times rather see the Nuggets win than the Spurs. I can't stand Tim Duncan.
Duncan is alright, nice guy, talented, plays old-school :)

Go to THIS link when you have some time and read all about it....I LOVED The ABA ;)

www.remembertheaba.com

Written By: Mark In The Dark on 04/30/05 at 9:47 pm

Nuggets vs Spurs is on from Denver :)

Written By: Mark In The Dark on 04/30/05 at 10:50 pm

Denver played a horrible 1st half as the Spurs lead 50-41 at the break ::)

Written By: Mark In The Dark on 04/30/05 at 11:41 pm

Denver has come back to only trail 61-58 entering the 4th :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/01/05 at 1:04 am

Denver lost and I have no idea what the score was...too depressing :-\\

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/02/05 at 12:03 am

I wish I didn't know what the Pacers-Celtics score was Saturday, but 110-79 at Conseco is too hard to forget. It's the Pacers' worst playoff loss ever, and they have to step up for game 5 at Fleet Center Monday or Tuesday. That means shooting better than 26% (more like over 50%) and playing better defense. That crowd is going to be wild, and we need to prepare better with Antoine Walker coming back. But it's hard to do in 3 days. We'll see. :-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 05/02/05 at 5:58 am

I wish I didn't know what the Pacers-Celtics score was Saturday, but 110-79 at Conseco is too hard to forget. It's the Pacers' worst playoff loss ever, and they have to step up for game 5 at Fleet Center Monday

They changed the name....again... now it is the "BankNorth Garden"  but anyone who grew up around
here always called it "the Garden" anyway. 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/02/05 at 12:00 pm

Denver has one last chance to make it a series tonight vs San Antonio :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/03/05 at 9:58 am

Denver lost...now they need 3 wins in a row to advance :-\\

Written By: nally on 05/03/05 at 11:11 am

Denver lost...now they need 3 wins in a row to advance :-\\

Let's hope they can do that... :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/03/05 at 11:13 am

Let's hope they can do that... :-\\
Not likely, Jeff :-\\

Written By: nally on 05/03/05 at 11:15 am

Not likely, Jeff :-\\

I know... similarly, I was thinking that last October when the Red Sox were down in the ALCS 3 games to none against the Wankees...who would'a thought they'd come back? :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/03/05 at 11:29 am

I know... similarly, I was thinking that last October when the Red Sox were down in the ALCS 3 games to none against the Wankees...who would'a thought they'd come back? :-\\
That was wonderful...in fact I STILL love seeing the highlights of that series every once in a while :) As for the Nuggets, I think they can only get better with George Karl as the coach and legendary Doug Moe as his assistant. 33-10 under him isn't too shabby! I'm still hoping Denver can win 3 straight but in reality, next year is more sensible ;)

Written By: nally on 05/03/05 at 2:05 pm

That was wonderful...in fact I STILL love seeing the highlights of that series every once in a while :) As for the Nuggets, I think they can only get better with George Karl as the coach and legendary Doug Moe as his assistant. 33-10 under him isn't too shabby! I'm still hoping Denver can win 3 straight but in reality, next year is more sensible ;)

I hear ya... as for the Seattle-Sacramento series, I was hoping Sacramento would win that one (since we have a fan of that team on the board--scarletgail)...but they'd have to win three in a row to stick around, which doesn't seem likely either. :-\\

Modified to add:
The other reason why I'm rooting for the Sacramento Kings over the Seattle Supersonicas is that they're a California team. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/04/05 at 8:33 pm

I hear ya... as for the Seattle-Sacramento series, I was hoping Sacramento would win that one (since we have a fan of that team on the board--scarletgail)...but they'd have to win three in a row to stick around, which doesn't seem likely either. :-\\

Modified to add:
The other reason why I'm rooting for the Sacramento Kings over the Seattle Supersonicas is that they're a California team. :)
Well, Denver will probably bow out tonight :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/04/05 at 11:09 pm

And it's over....or might as well be. Spurs/refs win :-\\ I can hardly wait for next season when we'll have George Karl with us for the entire year :)

Written By: nally on 05/04/05 at 11:11 pm

And it's over....or might as well be. Spurs/refs win :-\\ I can hardly wait for next season when we'll have George Karl with us for the entire year :)

too bad... :-[ :-\\

Who shall we root for now? ???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/04/05 at 11:18 pm

too bad... :-I like ....in order

1. Indiana
2. Seattle
3. Miami
4. Detroit

I can't BELIEVE the calls...non-calls the past 3 games...but ultimately, Denver should've played better :-\\

Written By: Tam on 05/04/05 at 11:21 pm

IMHO Final 4 will be:

Miami
Detroit
Phoenix
Dallas, San Antonio OR Houston

8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/04/05 at 11:27 pm

IMHO Final 4 will be:

Miami
Detroit
Phoenix
Dallas, San Antonio OR Houston

8)
Oh...you live in Texas so you don't count ;D ;) BTW, I like San Antonio...especially afetr seeing the post game where everyone wasa shaking hands and hugging....and that George Karl played as a Spur and Doug Moe was the Spurs coach once :)

Written By: Tam on 05/04/05 at 11:30 pm

Oh...you live in Texas so you don't count ;D ;) BTW, I like San Antonio...especially afetr seeing the post game where everyone wasa shaking hands and hugging....and that George Karl played as a Spur and Doug Moe was the Spurs coach once :)

Well Mark - unfortunately I am not a Texas fan! I would love to see either Miami or Phoenix win! I am a tried and true Shaq and Steve Nash fan! (Although it would be hard for me if the championship came down to those two!)  :o

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/04/05 at 11:53 pm

Well Mark - unfortunately I am not a Texas fan! I would love to see either Miami or Phoenix win! I am a tried and true Shaq and Steve Nash fan! (Although it would be hard for me if the championship came down to those two!)  :o
TWO of my sons were BORN in Arizona....HOW could I forget Phoenix??!! Okay...they are my first choice, Tam ;)

Written By: Tam on 05/04/05 at 11:55 pm

TWO of my sons were BORN in Arizona....HOW could I forget Phoenix??!! Okay...they are my first choice, Tam ;)

GTK Mark... so we can cheer for them together!!  8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/05/05 at 12:01 am

GTK Mark... so we can cheer for them together!!  8)
;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/07/05 at 7:51 pm

The man the American Basketball Association referred to as "The Great Satan"...Red Aurbach is pissed tonight with a former ABA team (Indiana Pacers) whooping up on his Celtics.....currently 61-48 with under a minute left in the 3rd :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/07/05 at 8:33 pm

Pacers win 97-70 over Boston! Bring on Detroit :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/07/05 at 9:43 pm

Whomever wins this series, I hope that their are no more incidents like the brawl in November or the bomb scare in April. And BTW, GO PACERS! ;D ;D ;D
Pacers win 97-70 over Boston! Bring on Detroit :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/07/05 at 9:53 pm

Whomever wins this series, I hope that their are no more incidents like the brawl in November or the bomb scare in April. And BTW, GO PACERS! ;D ;D ;D
Since my Nuggets are gone...I'm taking Phoenix in the West and Indiana from the East :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/11/05 at 10:26 pm

YES!! Indiana 92 Detroit 83...series even at 1-1 heading back to Indianapolis ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/13/05 at 12:51 pm

All right!!! They play again tonight, so I'll just wait and see if the Pacers can win two at home. They've had trouble winning here recently. I don't know why.:-\\
YES!! Indiana 92 Detroit 83...series even at 1-1 heading back to Indianapolis ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/13/05 at 1:31 pm

All right!!! They play again tonight, so I'll just wait and see if the Pacers can win two at home. They've had trouble winning here recently. I don't know why.:-\\
Hey, I'll be rooting for them as well, Jonathan ;)

Written By: nally on 05/13/05 at 2:56 pm

Since my Nuggets are gone...I'm taking Phoenix in the West and Indiana from the East :)

Sounds like good choices to me. ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/13/05 at 3:44 pm

Sounds like good choices to me. ;)
:) I'd have a tough time choosing between the two since I once lived in Arizona....and I am a loyal fan of the now gone ABA from which the Pacers were born :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/16/05 at 3:58 pm

Darn Detriot beat the Pacers yesterday but Phoenix won :)

Written By: nally on 05/18/05 at 11:07 am

Darn Detriot beat the Pacers yesterday

Detroit won again yesterday too ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/18/05 at 11:14 am

Detroit won again yesterday too ::)
The only player I like for Detriot is former Colorado player, Chauncey Billups.

Written By: nally on 05/18/05 at 11:15 am

And I think San Antonio won again last night too...Seattle has one last chance or they're history... :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/18/05 at 11:16 am

And I think San Antonio won again last night too...Seattle has one last chance or they're history... :-\\
Yeah, I'd like to see Phoenix win it all now....unless Indiana makes it :-\\

Written By: nally on 05/18/05 at 11:19 am

Yeah, I'd like to see Phoenix win it all now....unless Indiana makes it :-\\

Same here...things don't look too good for Indiana but I'd also like to see Phoenix win. ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/18/05 at 11:39 am

Same here...things don't look too good for Indiana but I'd also like to see Phoenix win. ;)
;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/19/05 at 9:51 pm

CLASSY move by Detriot coach Larry Brown...calling a time-out and gathering his team to applaud Reggie Miller. Sadly, The Pacers lost and a great career ends :\'(

REGGIE,  REGGIE,  REGGIE,  REGGIE, REGGIE,  REGGIE,  REGGIE,  REGGIE!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/25/05 at 12:27 am

Spurs have a 2-0 lead against Phoenix and heading home for the next game

Written By: jiminy on 05/25/05 at 1:23 pm

GO SPURS!!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/25/05 at 1:44 pm

If the Spurs win the series I'll definately root for them...either way, I want the Western Conference to win the Title. If the Spurs win it all again, I'll be happy knowing they are one of the four origianl ABA teams ;)

Written By: jiminy on 05/25/05 at 2:04 pm

If the Spurs win the series I'll definately root for them...either way, I want the Western Conference to win the Title. If the Spurs win it all again, I'll be happy knowing they are one of the four origianl ABA teams ;)

I like Tim Duncan, I think he's a class act

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/25/05 at 8:07 pm

I like Tim Duncan, I think he's a class act
I couldn't agree more :)

Written By: nally on 05/27/05 at 12:44 pm

Doesn't really matter to me who wins now...as far as I'm concerned, it's all good :-\\

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/27/05 at 5:08 pm

I agree. Although I'd like to see Phoenix come back and beat the Spurs and win the whole thing too. But it looks like the same thing that happened to the Pacers last season (best record, loses final) will befall the Suns. (And I also pick the Pistons to beat the Heat, although it won't be as easy.
Doesn't really matter to me who wins now...as far as I'm concerned, it's all good :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/31/05 at 10:33 am

Phoenix staved off elimination last night by beating the Spurs. My friend Mike wants Miami to win it all so that loser Kobe can see that Shaq doesn't need him to help win another title :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/31/05 at 11:40 am

I don't know about that one. I guess it would be worth it for Shaq to thumb his nose at his ex-teammate. But he does have enough hardware as it is. It's time for the new blood to enjoy.
I must be one of the few people that commend Larry Brown for not totally denying he might be going to Cleveland's front office. It was inappropriate for the arrogant sports media to bring up the rumor in the first place at a time when he is still working for the Pistons who are looking to repeat as champions. Coach Brown may not have been ethical about it, but the reporters shouldn't bully any coach or athlete for a response. :-\\ 

Phoenix staved off elimination last night by beating the Spurs. My friend Mike wants Miami to win it all so that loser Kobe can see that Shaq doesn't need him to help win another title :)

Written By: Im Batman on 05/31/05 at 3:17 pm

I'm so bored with the  San Antonio  Spurs.

Yeah, they won two titles in seven years (WOW! ::) But those titles came with the demise of two dynasties, the Bulls in '99 and the Lakers in '03.  Even the Spurs first title is tainted as having been won in a lock out shortened season.

You would think that with a cast of Duncan, Robinson, Elliot, Parker, Ginobli, they would be able to have some sustained success, but since 1988, every NBA Champion has repeated the following year (in the case of the Lakers and Bulls, three peats), except, guess who? the Spurs.

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/31/05 at 5:07 pm

I'm bored with both the Pistons and the Spurs. It's getting to a point where I believe only 3 or 4 teams know how to win an NBA title, and none of them are Indiana, Phoenix, or New Jersey. I'd hoped the Suns would make a series out of it (and if lightning strikes twice after the Red Sox comback against the Yankees, they still might). That's probably why I stopped watching the NBA. :(

Written By: nally on 05/31/05 at 7:14 pm

I think I'll root for Miami as well. No special reason.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/31/05 at 11:09 pm

I think I'll root for Miami as well. No special reason.
Well, I'm NOT a big fan of Shaq since he showed NO respect to Spencer Haywood a few years ago. Spencer Haywood paved the way for underclassmen to join the pros when he joined the old Denver Rockets of the ABA after a year of college. I'm going for the Western Conference no matter who goes :)

Written By: Im Batman on 06/01/05 at 2:51 pm

I will root for anyone except the Spurs and that puck ass beyotch Bruce Bowen.

Written By: nally on 06/01/05 at 6:20 pm

Well, I'm NOT a big fan of Shaq since he showed NO respect to Spencer Haywood a few years ago. Spencer Haywood paved the way for underclassmen to join the pros when he joined the old Denver Rockets of the ABA after a year of college. I'm going for the Western Conference no matter who goes :)

Part of me wants the Suns to win...but the Spurs are ok too. Since I don't have a favorite team competing this year, I don't really care who wins it. If the Spurs win and go to the Finals, that's fine with me. I rooted for them two years ago (over the New Jersey Nets) because the New Jersey Devils had beaten the Anaheim Mighty Ducks in the Stanley Cup finals.

Written By: KRQPMV21JS on 06/01/05 at 8:42 pm

ITS ALL BOUT THE HEAT BABY..THE HEAT IS DEFINETLY ON!!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/01/05 at 9:39 pm

ITS ALL BOUT THE HEAT BABY..THE HEAT IS DEFINETLY ON!!!
I actually like them but I'm for the Western Conference ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/03/05 at 1:01 pm

Miami won last night over Detroit to edge one game away from the Finals :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/06/05 at 10:04 pm

Detroit 88 Miami 82...even though Detroit has some Colorado connections....Larry Brown is a former ABA/NBA Denver Nuggets coach and Chauncy Billups is from Colorado as well....I will root for San Antonio since the Pistons won last year, and the Spurs are a former ABA franchise....and I really like Tim Duncan ;)

Written By: Im Batman on 06/06/05 at 11:10 pm

So this is what I get for following the league all season long?  The Spurs and the Pistons?  Ho-Hum.  What a wasted year.  Finals promise to be really boring.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/07/05 at 8:59 am

So this is what I get for following the league all season long?  The Spurs and the Pistons?  Ho-Hum.  What a wasted year.  Finals promise to be really boring.
Naw, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli and the classsy Tim Duncan will overcome Detroits swarming defense to win thier 3rd title....or Larry Brown will masterminda great stragedy and Chauncey Billlups will run the offense and the Pistons will repeat :D
Personally, I'm for the former ABA franchise...San Antonio ;)

Written By: nally on 06/07/05 at 7:15 pm

Personally, I'm for the former ABA franchise...San Antonio ;)

I've decided to root for them too.. ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/07/05 at 7:56 pm

I've decided to root for them too.. ;)
;)

Written By: Im Batman on 06/09/05 at 12:03 am

Spurs? Pistons? Zzzzzzzzzzz

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/09/05 at 12:09 am

Spurs? Pistons? Zzzzzzzzzzz
Like I said before...Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli and the classsy Tim Duncan will overcome Detroits swarming defense to win thier 3rd title....or Larry Brown will masterminda great stragedy and Chauncey Billlups will run the offense and the Pistons will repeat Cheesy
Personally, I'm for the former ABA franchise...San Antonio
;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/09/05 at 11:13 pm

Spurs win game 1 84-69 :)

Written By: bj26 on 06/10/05 at 9:01 am

What caused Detroit to collapse?

Written By: nally on 06/10/05 at 11:04 am

;)

Well I'm not a fan of either team; I just decided to go with them for no special reason. ;) :)

Written By: Im Batman on 06/11/05 at 12:57 am

God was that the most boring, ugly game ever played in the Finals?

Where's Shaq, Kobe, Jason Kidd, AI, good god something before this series kills off intrest in the NBA all together.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/05 at 5:37 pm

God was that the most boring, ugly game ever played in the Finals?

Where's Shaq, Kobe, Jason Kidd, AI, good god something before this series kills off intrest in the NBA all together.
Kobe?? HE is a huge reason why I don't like the NBA that much...what a selfish  little punk  :P As for the others...well, Detroit with Chauncey Billups, Ben and Rip Hamilton...and the Spurs with the very classy Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Brent Barry etc. earned the Finals trip. Duncan has more class in his pinky finger than Bryant does in  his whole body. Kidd is exciting but is stuck on a kinda boring team without much support as  is Allen Iverson. The teams in the finals play "Team" ball...something Bryant will probably never learn how to play Roll Eyes Shaq? Miami? I thought they'd make it there and was kinda suprised when they didn't  ???

Last night the Spurs clobbered the Pistons 97-76 and take a 2-0 series lead back to Detroit.

For those who hate the NBA....looks like they'll be joining the NHL by going on strike July 1st anyway
::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/14/05 at 5:43 pm

Tonight is game 3 from Detroit.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/14/05 at 9:12 pm

34-31 Pistons lead in the 2nd

Written By: Im Batman on 06/15/05 at 1:43 am

...and the Spurs with the very classy Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Brent Barry etc.

Get serious!

Outside of Duncan, Ginobli is the biggest flopper in the league, Brent Barry is a one dimensional player, who hurts the team when he is in, and Bruce Bowen is a flat out punk.  Oh yeah, the Spurs are classy.

I enjoy the NBA and have been a Lakers fan for 34 years, and Kobe Bryant is on my sh!t list since he forced the Shaq Diesel out.

Thank you Zen Master for returing to the Lakers, it has been hell without you.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/16/05 at 12:22 am

Get serious!

Outside of Duncan, Ginobli is the biggest flopper in the league, Brent Barry is a one dimensional player, who hurts the team when he is in, and Bruce Bowen is a flat out punk.  Oh yeah, the Spurs are classy.

I enjoy the NBA and have been a Lakers fan for 34 years, and Kobe Bryant is on my sh!t list since he forced the Shaq Diesel out.

Thank you Zen Master for returing to the Lakers, it has been hell without you.
I AM! I love Duncan...he's old school...he shoots bank shots, doesn't talk crap and he's a team player. Yeah Ginobili flops but so does nearly everyone else. The entire league has lost so much decency since the early 80's. Remember that rule called...."Carrying?" Now they praise it as a crossover....hanging on the rim used to be a "T" but now it's a way to display ones "Manhood"  ::) At least we agree about Kobe ;) BTW, I always liked the Lakers from way back with Elgin, Gail Goodrich, Jerry West and through "Showtime" in the 80's. It was when Shaq snubbed Spencer Haywood (The guy who paved the way for underclassmen to join the pro's) and of course Kobe being SO full of himself. Anyway, I actually like both finals teams as Detroit has former Colorado guy, Chauncey Billups the Spurs have Duncan and are a former ABA team ;)

Written By: bj26 on 06/16/05 at 7:08 am

Detroit needs to break up that Duncan/Mohammed duo, get a couple of fouls on one of them early.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/19/05 at 11:23 pm

San Antonio wins 96-95 over Detroit...I couldn't believe Rip Hamilton whined about the last shot he missed...thinking HE was fouled after HE threw an elbow into Parkers face ::)

Written By: nally on 06/22/05 at 11:47 pm

So there's gonna be a deciding game... :-\\

Written By: bj26 on 06/23/05 at 2:07 pm

I liked the intro to the game and players in San Antonio the other night, it was awsome, Detroit's intros had no class comparetively speaking.  Detroit's announcer was also gross and it was stupid the way he kept pronouncing, Meee - chigan, was that some inside joke?

Written By: Tam on 06/24/05 at 12:49 am

San Antonio Spurs Win!!!

Yea Texas!!!  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/25/05 at 9:41 am

San Antonio Spurs Win!!!

Yea Texas!!!  ;)
I'm happy an original ABA http://www.remembertheaba.com/ABABallGraphics/SpinningABABall.GIF but kudos to the Pistons, it was a great series :)

Subject: Re: NBA Playoffs~2005

Written By: Tam on 06/26/05 at 12:09 am

The Pistons put up a tremendous fight!
Best series I have seen in a long time!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/26/05 at 12:28 am

The Pistons put up a tremendous fight!
Best series I have seen in a long time!
Congratulations to your Spurs, Tam ;)

Written By: nally on 06/26/05 at 8:08 pm

Congratulations to your Spurs, Tam ;)

Same here. :)

Written By: tv on 06/26/05 at 9:00 pm

I think Rasheed Wallace will always think about leaving his man that he was covering(Robert Horry) for the game winning 3 pointer that Horry made in Game 5. Rasheed was mad about about that too after that game. He was like I came over to help out(on Manu) and then Rob(Horry) was open and hit a 3.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/28/05 at 10:30 pm

I think Rasheed Wallace will always think about leaving his man that he was covering(Robert Horry) for the game winning 3 pointer that Horry made in Game 5. Rasheed was mad about about that too after that game. He was like I came over to help out(on Manu) and then Rob(Horry) was open and hit a 3.
Yep.

Check for new replies or respond here...