inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Danica Patrick At The 500

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/27/05 at 12:40 pm

BTW, there have been 3 other women that have been in the Indy 500 (Janet Guthrie, Lyn St. James, and Sara Fisher, Desiree Wilson tried to qualify twice but never made the field of 33.) ;)

Subject: Re: Danica Patrick At The 500

Written By: gord on 05/27/05 at 7:06 pm

Cool, a racing (other than Nascar) thread ;) Danica is gonna do ok, she may never win the 500, I think it will be an Andretti car. Enjoy the race :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/27/05 at 8:25 pm

I don;t know if Danica will win or not.

But I DO know that I'd party with her.  :P

Written By: AL-B on 05/28/05 at 10:06 am

BTW, there have been 3 other women that have been in the Indy 500 (Janet Guthrie, Lyn St. James, and Sara Fisher, Desiree Wilson tried to qualify twice but never made the field of 33.) ;)
From what I read, Danica Patrick is the first female at Indy to drive for a truly competitive team (Team Rahal). So yeah, I think she has a shot.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/28/05 at 7:57 pm

Robby Gordon says Danica's small size gives her an 'unfair advantage'..this coming from one of NASCAR's biggest complainers actually makes me wanna lmaorofl! And remember that Robby causes wrecks,and announces his intentions to get someone over the radio to his crew!!

I wonder what Robby thought about Shawna Robinson when she was an active NASCAR driver!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/28/05 at 9:23 pm

I believe she WILL win someday :) I've watched every Indy 500 since 1970 :D :)  Oh, and not to be a drag but the Coca-Cola 600 will be on afterwards..proving it's STILL better than Pepsi which only has a 500 miler, I believe ;D ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/28/05 at 9:27 pm

Not better, Mark. Just bigger. ;D
Oh, and not to be a drag but the Coca-Cola 600 will be on afterwards..proving it's STILL better than Pepsi which only has a 500 miler, I believe ;D ;)

Written By: gord on 05/28/05 at 9:28 pm

Oh, and not to be a drag but the Coca-Cola 600 will be on afterwards.

if you get up early enough you can watch F1 from Germany, make the day a hat-trick :)

Written By: gord on 05/28/05 at 9:34 pm

Robby Gordon says Danica's small size gives her an 'unfair advantage'

Up against someone Robby's weight it's a huge advantage, I'm not sure what the average weight of an IRL driver is but I bet it is much less than Robby's, still giving her a slight advantage. It's all with-in the IRLs rules though. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/28/05 at 9:36 pm

Not better, Mark. Just bigger. ;D
;)

Written By: danootaandme on 05/29/05 at 6:43 am

DO IT TO IT DANICA  DO IT TO IT DANICA  DO IT TO IT DANICA

I remember when Janet Guthrie took the field and how they tried to bar her from competition.  One of the
complaints was the she wasn't a very....nice person, well the word they used was b*tch.  Can you imagine
all those nice, polite, caring guys having to put a with a b*tch in the pits.  I hope Danica goes in and does
it.

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/29/05 at 11:24 am

From what I've seen, Danica doesn't fit the b**** label. She's actually nice. However, Robby Gordon (who incidentally failed to get a ride fast enough to qualify), b****ed and moaned about her weight being an "unfair advantage". Gimme a f***ing break. ::)

DO IT TO IT DANICA   DO IT TO IT DANICA  DO IT TO IT DANICA

I remember when Janet Guthrie took the field and how they tried to bar her from competition.  One of the
complaints was the she wasn't a very....nice person, well the word they used was b*tch.  Can you imagine
all those nice, polite, caring guys having to put a with a b*tch in the pits.  I hope Danica goes in and does
it.

Written By: FaultyDog on 05/29/05 at 1:13 pm

BTW: her motor just stalled....

Written By: AL-B on 05/29/05 at 1:27 pm

Robby Gordon says Danica's small size gives her an 'unfair advantage'...
So what's she supposed to do then, go to Sizzler and gorge herself just to make it fair??? ;D

Written By: FaultyDog on 05/29/05 at 2:37 pm

LATEST UPDATE:

DANICA PATRICK HAS SPUN!!!   

:o :o :o

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/29/05 at 3:07 pm

I have her as leading after 177, so she must be at least out of the running. Did she crash? :-\\
LATEST UPDATE:

DANICA PATRICK HAS SPUN!!!   

:o :o :o

Written By: FaultyDog on 05/29/05 at 3:10 pm

I have her as leading after 177, so she must be at least out of the running. Did she crash? :-\\

No she didn't - she just spun. But that was over half an hour ago, so she might be in it again. I am not watching the race atm.

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/29/05 at 3:14 pm

Me neither (not listening on the radio neither). I'm toggling between Sportsline and USA Today for my info, in spite of the untimeliness in updating. :-\\
No she didn't - she just spun. But that was over half an hour ago, so she might be in it again. I am not watching the race atm.

Written By: FaultyDog on 05/29/05 at 3:16 pm

More precisely: I'm not watching at all, as I don't find Indy 500 very interesting. It just happened to be on as was channel hopping....

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/29/05 at 3:21 pm

And the winner is....

Dan Wheldon ::)

Danica finishes where she started, in fourth place. 8)

Written By: FaultyDog on 05/29/05 at 3:24 pm

And the winner is....

Dan Wheldon ::)

Danica finishes where she started, in fourth place. 8)

Congrats to both, I guess...

Written By: gord on 05/29/05 at 5:08 pm

She did well to end up with a 4th, with-out that late caution she was probably gonna run out of fuel. Congrats to her finish and she's the 1st women to ever lead the 500. And congrats to Dan Wheldon and Micheal Andretti , both first time winners as driver and team owner :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/29/05 at 6:16 pm

Other firsts for Danica:

First woman to run the whole 200 laps.
First woman to finish in the Top 5.
More than likely, the second woman Rookie of the Year, following Lyn St. James.

Also kudos for Vitor Meira and Bryan Herta for finishing 2nd and third. Herta was considered washed-up, being the driver with the most 500 experience this year. And Meira wasn't even on the radar screen when placing odds. So, congrats to them too.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/30/05 at 11:18 am

Awesome race! I hope she'll be on the Letterman Show in the next day or so :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/30/05 at 1:30 pm

She was on Letterman last Monday wearing a yellow top and and a black mini. Needless to say she looked hot!  :o

Awesome race! I hope she'll be on the Letterman Show in the next day or so :)

Written By: jiminy on 05/30/05 at 1:52 pm

I can't believe no one posted her photo yet  ::)
http://hotrod.com/racers/113_0504_danica_01_z.jpg

Written By: FaultyDog on 05/30/05 at 2:30 pm

I can't believe you didn't post her photo EARLIER!  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/30/05 at 10:39 pm

She definatly makes my....well, you know ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/30/05 at 10:40 pm

She was on Letterman last Monday wearing a yellow top and and a black mini. Needless to say she looked hot!  :o
Darn, I missed it...but I would expect her to be back on this week ??? ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...