inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Sports List of Biggest Blowouts

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/05 at 2:16 pm

Okay, this is how a show called "The Sports List" ranks the 10 biggest blowouts in sports history...how do YOU feel? Any to add to the list? Here's thier list with my feelings...and in in bold is my order :)

10. (8) Notre Dame/USC~1974 The Irish lead at the half 24-0, then USC scores 55 unanswered to win
      Awesome game by tailback Anthony Davis

9. (10) Tiger Woods and his "Matery" of The Masters.....I agree

8. (3) Secretariat winng the '73 Belmont by 31 legnths! ]

I STILL can't belive the domination when I see the replays.

7. (7)  Oakland Raiders/Buffalo Bills~1991 AFC Championship. Buffalo 51 Oakland 3.

Before I ever knew Jessica...this game gave me HUGE pleasure! Now I only like it a little :D

6. (2) UNLV/Duke~1990 NCAA Championship Game. UNLV 103 Duke 73

I absolutely loved this game. whiny little Bobby Hurley was practically in tears!

5. (6) Super Bowl 20 Chicago 46 New England 10

Where was Tom Brady? My only problem wiith this game is that Walter Peyton didn't get a touchdown :-\\

4. (5) Super Bowl 24 San Francisco 55 Denver 10

I hated this game but kinda had an idea Denver would lose big. Elway could only take those early Bronco teams so far....I'm glad he stayed around to win 2 rings later in the decade :)

3. (4) 1998 Chicago Bulls 96 Utah Jazz 54

Before I met Dagny I LOVED this game...now I still kinda like it :D

2. (1) 1940 Chicago Bears 73 Washington Redskins 0

The Bears to Washington to the woodshed :o

1. (9) 1986-Mike Tyson knocks out Marvis Frazier in 31 seconds

Tyson was dominating back then but this is NOT #1

Honorable Mention: Cleveland Indians 22 New York Yankees 0 August 31, 2004
::)

Subject: Re: The Sports List of Biggest Blowouts

Written By: jiminy on 06/13/05 at 2:28 pm

John Elway is the reason the Baltimore Colts no longer exist  :\'(

Bert Jones will always be my football hero, I couldn't believe he was traded to the Rams, to me this was a bigger disappointment then the Colts leaving Baltimore, I actually pulled for Denver against Green Bay, I knew they would beat Atlanta but pulled for Atlanta anyhow... I loved seeing Denver getting destroyed in all the other Elway superbowls I must of matured a bit since I pulled for him once and no longer hate him (as much)  ;D

Subject: Re: The Sports List of Biggest Blowouts

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/05 at 6:36 pm

John Elway is the reason the Baltimore Colts no longer exist  :\'(

Bert Jones will always be my football hero, I couldn't believe he was traded to the Rams, to me this was a bigger disappointment then the Colts leaving Baltimore, I actually pulled for Denver against Green Bay, I knew they would beat Atlanta but pulled for Atlanta anyhow... I loved seeing Denver getting destroyed in all the other Elway superbowls I must of matured a bit since I pulled for him once and no longer hate him (as much)  ;D
Naw, it's because of thier wussy owner, the late Robert Irsay >:(

You share maturation with Terry Bradshaw as Terry also hated Elway early on but was there to congratulate him at the end. I used to love the Baltimore Colts as well. I didn't like what Elway did either BUT can understand that Frank Kush was a jerk.  Johns other alternative was to play baseball for the Yankees  :P I'm glad he came to Denver. As for those early Super Bowls, Elways carried those teams whereas later they built a team around him....kinda comparable to Jordan and the Bulls.

Check for new replies or respond here...