inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rangers Pitcher Kenny Rogers Gets 20 Game Suspension For Roughing Up Cameraman

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/01/05 at 5:36 pm

Ron Artest is suspended for an entire season for the same thing Rogers did, only I don't think Ron's battery was as severe. They should have suspended him for the rest of the baseball season. Bud Selig is such an elitist. >:(

Subject: Re: Rangers Pitcher Kenny Rogers Gets 20 Game Suspension For Roughing Up Cameraman

Written By: jiminy on 07/01/05 at 6:55 pm

and he has a history of doing this stuff, they should play "Coward of the County" everytime he takes the field   ;D

Subject: Re: Rangers Pitcher Kenny Rogers Gets 20 Game Suspension For Roughing Up Cameraman

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/01/05 at 6:57 pm

LOL! ;D

and he has a history of doing this stuff, they should play "Coward of the County" everytime he takes the field   ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/01/05 at 7:01 pm

Joy... another douche bag athlete....  ::)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/01/05 at 7:09 pm

Ron Artest is suspended for an entire season for the same thing Rogers did, only I don't think Ron's battery was that as severe. They should have suspended him for the rest of the baseball season. Bud Selig is such an eletist. >:(
Gawd...if Mr. Rogers was in NASCAR...he'd be called over to the NASCAR trailer...and hit with a MAJOR fine...probation...and suspension! This Rogers guy makes Kevin Harvick and Jimmy Spencer look like choirboys..even Artest did not do as much damage...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/01/05 at 7:11 pm

Gawd...if Mr. Rogers was in NASCAR...he'd be called over to the NASCAR trailer...and hit with a MAJOR fine...probation...and suspension! This Rogers guy makes Kevin Harvick and Jimmy Spencer(as well as my man Tony Stewart) look like choirboys..even Artest did not do as much damage...
Time for Rogers to get some ANGER MANAGEMENT therapy....

Subject: Re: Rangers Pitcher Kenny Rogers Gets 20 Game Suspension For Roughing Up Cameram

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/01/05 at 7:26 pm

Ron Artest is suspended for an entire season for the same thing Rogers did, only I don't think Ron's battery was that as severe. They should have suspended him for the rest of the baseball season. Bud Selig is such an eletist. >:(
I know. Artest was wrong but as I recall, he was minding his manners lying on a table when some moron threw a beer on him. Rogers is a self-absorbed @ss

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/01/05 at 7:37 pm

I know. Artest was wrong but as I recall, he was minding his manners lying on a table when some moron threw a beer on him. Rogers is a self-absorbed @ss
Agreed. Rogers has proved that he is a stuck-up snob...

BTW Tony Stewart's actions are usually PROVOKED by other drivers who deliberately run into him or don't race him cleanly.....as of this time Tony has managed to avoid trouble. I honestly think he's nowhere near as bad as Jimmy Spencer...Spencer broke Kurt Busch's nose...and has been in legal trouble as well..

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/01/05 at 8:23 pm

Gawd...if Mr. Rogers was in NASCAR...he'd be called over to the NASCAR trailer...and hit with a MAJOR fine

That's one thing Indy Gent left out, on top of his 20-game suspension he got a 50,000 dollar fine.

Subject: Re: Rangers Pitcher Kenny Rogers Gets 20 Game Suspension For Roughing Up Cameram

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/01/05 at 8:49 pm

That's why thing Indy Gent left out, on top of his 20-game suspension he got a 50,000 dollar fine.
Yeah but I think he should be suspended for the year....nobody threw anything on  him so the attack was unprovoked.

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/01/05 at 11:11 pm

I knew about the 50K, GW. And I still think that's chump change on his salary.
That's one thing Indy Gent left out, on top of his 20-game suspension he got a 50,000 dollar fine.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/02/05 at 5:38 pm

I knew about the 50K, GW. And I still think that's chump change on his salary.
Kenny Rogers got himself the proverbial bad guy image for his stupid,immature,and uncalled-for actions!!

Baseball as a sport does not need any more controversy it's bad enough with the STEROID USE issue!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/02/05 at 5:55 pm

Kenny Rogers got himself the proverbial bad guy image for his stupid,immature,and uncalled-for actions!!

Baseball as a sport does not need any more controversy it's bad enough with the STEROID USE issue!!
What steroid use?? Barry Bonds has never done them :D ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/03/05 at 8:02 pm

What steroid use?? Barry Bonds has never done them :D ;D
Bonds is clean of steroids...and the earth is flat!Christopher Columbus was wrong!! LMAOROFL!! :) :P ;)

Written By: tv on 07/03/05 at 10:51 pm

Well they call Kenny Rogers "The Gambler". I think Rogers had something wrong in his personal life that provoked him with this incident with the camera man,. ESPN Baseball Anaylast Harold Renyolds was saying he knows Kenny Rogers and that Kenny must be going thorough something. I don't think Kenny needs anger management because he doesn't have a history of anger problems. He just needs to straighten out in my opinion what ever is wrong in his life to correct it. Yes what Rogers did is bad no doubt though.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/03/05 at 10:57 pm

Maybe he could take up singing like the OTHER Kenny Rogers....Then he'd torture us with his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner....look out Roseanne,someone fouls up the national anthem worse than she did!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...