inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hey NASCAR fans..TONY STEWART GETS HIS FIRST DAYTONA WIN!!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/03/05 at 7:58 pm

I was just dying to say this...but my FAVE NASCAR DRIVER, Tony Stewart got his first EVER win at Daytona (the Pepsi 400)last night...Tony's first ever win at a restrictor-plate track..I am proud as anything right now and have this big s**t-eating grin...Tony has truly gotten better each year he has raced in Winston/Nextel Cup...and this is absolutely AWESOME. I don't care if other people love or absolutely hate Tony...but the man in the Home Depot #20 Chevy deserves respect for getting a win at one of the toughest(and fastest)tracks in NASCAR!

I wonder how much his pal Dale Earnhardt Jr taught him about restrictor-plate racing!?!(yes I know Bobby Labonte is Tony's OFFICIAL teammate but Junior is Tony's close friend and sometimes drafting partner)

Subject: Re: Hey NASCAR fans..TONY STEWART GETS HIS FIRST DAYTONA WIN!!!

Written By: gord on 07/03/05 at 9:14 pm

2 in a row, congrats. I didn't stay up for it with the rain delay.

Written By: Carrie on 07/03/05 at 9:21 pm

I wonder what the fans who are there to watch do when there is such a long delay. It was around 1:00 a.m. (Daytona time) or so by the time the race got over with.

Written By: gord on 07/04/05 at 6:57 pm

I wonder what the fans who are there to watch do when there is such a long delay. 

party 8) rain delays and ending races if they are far enough in is something I don't agree with. Afew years ago at the Daytona 500 when Micheal Waltrip was leading and it started to rain they had enough laps complete to call it a race if the rain kept up, the shot of Micheal sitting with his wife praying to the 'rain gods' to end the race so he could be declared the winner of an incomplete 500 race was something that didn't sit right with me. Why can't they have rain tires and windshield wipers installed on these so called 'stock cars' and race in the rain? almost every other racing series in the world does it.

Written By: Carrie on 07/04/05 at 8:21 pm

No tire traction either though. The rain would cool down the track, the tired would cool off, there would be no traction. They would be sliding around.

Written By: gord on 07/05/05 at 6:56 pm

No tire traction either though. The rain would cool down the track, the tired would cool off, there would be no traction. They would be sliding around.

Rain tires, they work amazing well, on them in the rain cars almost lap at speeds in dry conditions. And drivers drive accordingly, most other racing series bring tires to every race for rainy conditions, if it starts raining during a race they come into the pits and switch and right back out and if the track is wet at the start they start on rain tires, the fans get to see the race they paid to see. Nascar could do it they are just very stuck in their ways :)

Written By: Carrie on 07/05/05 at 8:11 pm

Rain tires, they work amazing well, on them in the rain cars almost lap at speeds in dry conditions. And drivers drive accordingly, most other racing series bring tires to every race for rainy conditions, if it starts raining during a race they come into the pits and switch and right back out and if the track is wet at the start they start on rain tires, the fans get to see the race they paid to see. Nascar could do it they are just very stuck in their ways :)
Heh, I never thought of that. You are right then, they should do that!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/13/05 at 7:35 pm

Gord...I like NASCAR as it is now. I'd think there would be problems with rain tires on the faster tracks like Daytona and Talladega...and when you say 'other types of racing use that',remember that a Nextel Cup stock car is a totally different beast...especially in the weight department. Stock cars are HEAVIER than Indy or F1 style racers...

Check for new replies or respond here...