inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NFL Preseason News What's Happening With Your Team?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/03/05 at 3:55 pm

Van Pelt: No Significance in Running With Second Team

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=4391

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- For the second straight day, Bradlee Van Pelt closed out the morning practice by running the second-team offense in the daily "move-the-ball" drills that simulate game-action possessions.

Subject: Re: NFL Preseason News What's Happening With Your Team?

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/03/05 at 6:47 pm

Same old, same old! Edgerrin not happy with preseason. Still no noticible improvement on defense. Mike Vanderjagt mocks another kicker solely drafted for kickoffs. (That's 7 who have tried to since Vandie became the FG kicker.) Hopefully, that means nothing against the Pats, but this is the 4th straight year the Colts have returned to the same old script. And it doesn't forbode well again this year in Foxboro. (I still say Pittsburgh will be a must game, because we haven't done squat against them in the past on their turf. So we have them in the Dome now.  :-\\)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/03/05 at 8:10 pm

Same old, same old! Edgerrin not happy with preseason. Still no noticible improvement on defense. Mike Vanderjagt mocks another kicker solely drafted for kickoffs. (That's 7 who have tried to since Vandie became the FG kicker.) Hopefully, that means nothing against the Pats, but this is the 4th straight year the Colts have returned to the same old script. And it doesn't forbode well again this year in Foxboro. (I still say Pittsburgh will be a must game, because we haven't done squat against them in the past on their turf. So we have them in the Dome now.  :-\\)
http://www.geocities.com/mark21566/musicGuitar.gifI wish the best for you and your Colts Jonathan...except IF we meet again in the playoffs....we owe you guys ;)

Written By: jiminy on 08/05/05 at 12:38 am

there was the playoff game the refs stole from us, a line judge can't see kordel step out of the endzone but on the hail mary pass at the end of the game they can see through a mass of players and notice the ball was dropped

Written By: tv on 08/05/05 at 12:46 pm

I looking foward to the season with the New York Jets but questions about Chad Pennington's arm concern me in training camp. Words is in training he is under throwing the deep ball. That worries me alot. The front seven defensively is among the best in the NFL with John Abarham, Shaun Ellis. Backups like DE James Reed and the improvement of Backup DE Bryan Thomas last year are good and provide the defense with depth. LB Jonathan Vilma showed alot last year in his rookie year. In the secondary there is still no shout down corner. CB David Barett is inconsistent. Rookie Justin Miller has shown promise in camp to win a starting spot in the secondary. The retirement of CB Donnie Abarham hurts. Offensively the pick-up of Laverneous Coles should only help. Pennington worked well with Coles in the 02-03 season. RB Curtis Martin is still a great running back at age 31(I think.) WR Justin McCrainens is a good compliment to Coles. Another worry fpr the Jets is the schedule: 2 games with New England. They have to play Carolina, San Diego, Oakland Raiders, Carolina, and Atlanta. With the tough schedule anywhere from 8-8 to 9-7 maybe. Maybe 9-7 can make it to the playoffs in the AFC. Still they don't play Indianapoilis or Pittsburgh this year. They have struggled against those teams in the past.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/07/05 at 5:51 pm

Well, we got Drew Bledsoe...  which I think is an upgrade from Vinny Testaverde but I would really have prefered Quincy Carter... (damn-weed!)

We still have Keyshawn Johnson and a few low profile but good offensive players that have been with us for a few years...

Defensive line-up doesn't look too familiar.. Dat Nguyen is still there, thank god!

Looks like Emmitt Smith has signed on just long enough to retire a Cowboy, which I am happy to see!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/07/05 at 8:02 pm

Hey, everyone who wishes can double thier posts by replying to this AND the duplicate thread ...thanks GW :D

Written By: shiprunner12 on 08/07/05 at 11:58 pm

http://www.geocities.com/mark21566/musicGuitar.gifI wish the best for you and your Colts Jonathan...except IF we meet again in the playoffs....we owe you guys ;)

If we were to lose in the first round of the playoffs for the third season in a row to them, I'll be quite upset. I'm thinking the Broncos will do fairly well. Hopefully this season Plummer will throw a few less interceptions and also that we can get a solid running game.

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/08/05 at 10:23 am

Hopefuly, we won't meet in the playoffs and we finally beat those Pats. ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/08/05 at 11:33 am

Hopefuly, we won't meet in the playoffs and we finally beat those Pats. ;)
;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/08/05 at 2:05 pm

If we were to lose in the first round of the playoffs for the third season in a row to them, I'll be quite upset. I'm thinking the Broncos will do fairly well. Hopefully this season Plummer will throw a few less interceptions and also that we can get a solid running game.
I'll be upset if when we don't, the media starts talking about getting rid of Shanahan again! I do NOT understand how Miami's Don Shula was considered such a great coach and yet Shanahan is always on the hot seat. Okay, Shula won back to back Super Bowls in the 70's and lost two in the 80's...sure, Miami went undefeated in '72-'73 BUT it was revealed a few years ago that the schedule they went through was among the easiest in league history!! Denver won 18 straight games and back to back titles since Mike's been here!  Anyway....Go Broncos! ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/08/05 at 2:08 pm

hey Mark.. are you feeling ok?

You haven't bashed my cowboys?? :o ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/08/05 at 2:26 pm

hey Mark.. are you feeling ok?

You haven't bashed my cowboys?? :o ;D
You've spoken too soon ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 08/08/05 at 2:29 pm

You've spoken too soon ;D

LOL.. only 2?

Where have you been?  Try *5*! :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/08/05 at 2:35 pm

LOL.. only 2?

Where have you been?  Try *5*! :)
Hey, I'd need another set plus a half...for the now supposedly reformed Michael Irvin ::) ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/08/05 at 2:39 pm

hey just curious since you've followed football for a long time...

have the saints EVER been in a super bowl?  i can't remember ever seeing them make it past the wild card round...  they're due... so we better watch out... :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/08/05 at 2:43 pm

hey just curious since you've followed football for a long time...

have the saints EVER been in a super bowl?  i can't remember ever seeing them make it past the wild card round...  they're due... so we better watch out... :-\\
You're right, They've never been there :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/09/05 at 4:23 pm

Chicago 27
Miami 24

Ricky Williams had 8 yards on 5 carries in the Hall Of Fame game from Canton....more->http://espn.go.com/

Broncos welcome soldiers to camp

DOVE VALLEY - The Denver Broncos allowed 16 special visitors to join the sidelines at camp today. The group was made up of soldiers based at Fort Carson who have been injured in Iraq.  more-> http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=98c25ba8-0abe-421a-0136-d848cc89e926&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

Written By: joedeertae on 08/10/05 at 7:02 am

Hey Rock... Just wanted to drop by and say good luck to yer Broncos here on Saturday.
It'll be cool to see 'em get cranked (not the Cowboys kind of cranked  ;) ;D ) up for a little pre-season action.

GO TEXANS 2005/2006!!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/10/05 at 3:49 pm

Hey Rock... Just wanted to drop by and say good luck to yer Broncos here on Saturday.
It'll be cool to see 'em get cranked (not the Cowboys kind of cranked  ;) ;D ) up for a little pre-season action.

GO TEXANS 2005/2006!!!
Thanks Joe, great to see ya back here! Oh, and don't forget to go to GW's duplicate preseason thread for an extra post ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/11/05 at 9:38 am

I wish T.O> would just go away ::)

http://news.google.com/news?q=Terrell+Owens&num=20&hl=en&hs=Sqs&lr=&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=nn&oi=newsr

Written By: ADH13 on 08/11/05 at 6:01 pm

I wish T.O> would just go away ::)

me too!  and people thought Deion Sanders was bad... ::)

Written By: Jessica on 08/12/05 at 2:41 am

T.O. is a moron.

Big game this weekend between the San Francisco Forty-Whiners and the Oakland Raiders. Guess who I'm rooting for. ;D

The Whiners have been sucking as of late, so there is hope for my poor battered Raiders. :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/12/05 at 8:33 am

T.O. is a moron.

Big game this weekend between the San Francisco Forty-Whiners and the Oakland Raiders. Guess who I'm rooting for. ;D

The Whiners have been sucking as of late, so there is hope for my poor battered Raiders. :D
Until I met you I had NO respect for the Raiders....now we can both root against the Chiefs :D ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/13/05 at 11:45 am

Denver plays at Houston tonight :)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/13/05 at 11:48 am

Dallas plays Arizona tonight but it probably won't be televised here because of the Niner-Raider game at the same time... >:(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/13/05 at 12:06 pm

Dallas plays Arizona tonight but it probably won't be televised here because of the Niner-Raider game at the same time... >:(
Sorry to hear that, Andrea :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/13/05 at 3:02 pm

Former CSU Ram Bradlee VanPelt gets to play tonight and I hope he does well.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/13/05 at 7:21 pm

Well, Denver just completed a goal-line stand against Houston :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/13/05 at 7:35 pm

The Texans just scored....7-0

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/13/05 at 10:11 pm

Denver won 20-14...sorry Joe, but it's just preseason ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/14/05 at 1:12 am

We lost 13-11.  And the funny part is we didn't even get a first down when the starters were out... once we put in the second string players, we picked up big time, even though Arizona still had their starter defense in.  We had a ridiculous amount of stupid false start penalties which in essence cost us the game.

But it was worth watching it, just to laugh at the sheer confusion among the referees and the announcers...  like the announcers said, it's pre-season for them too!! :)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/14/05 at 1:19 am

oh yeah, one thing that confused me...  didnt an offsides penalty against defense used to result in automatic first down?  they didn't seem to be doing that this time... was just a 5 yard penalty ???

Written By: Jessica on 08/14/05 at 2:56 am

The Raiders LOST 21-13.

I can see what kind of season this is going to be. ::) :P

Written By: shiprunner12 on 08/14/05 at 1:13 pm

Denver won 20-14...sorry Joe, but it's just preseason ;)

I really wanted to see that game, but since I live so close to Baltimore, the Ravens - Falcons game was on. Its good to here that they won, though.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/14/05 at 4:32 pm

I really wanted to see that game, but since I live so close to Baltimore, the Ravens - Falcons game was on. Its good to here that they won, though.
Sorry you missed it. Bradlee Van Pelt played great. He even had a 44 yard run. I think if Jake ever falters Bradlee will fill in nicely :)

Written By: limblifter on 08/14/05 at 4:35 pm

You might as well shut this thread down right now ;) Vikings are taking the superbowl this year, period. :D

They got rid of a Moss (arguably the most talented receiver in the league, but a huge distraction). And finally made some much needed improvements on defense. i'm looking forward to seeing Culpepper prove to the critics that his success wasn't only because of Moss.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/14/05 at 4:37 pm

You might as well shut this thread down right now ;) Vikings are taking the superbowl this year, period. :D

They got rid of a Moss (arguably the most talented receiver in the league, but a huge distraction). And finally made some much needed improvements on defense. i'm looking forward to seeing Culpepper prove to the critics that his success wasn't only because of Moss.
;D Hey, I agree with you about Moss...though I think he's 2nd on the list of jerks...following T.O. :P Good luck to your Vikings, the ONLY problem I have with them is them playing inside that awful Hefty-Dome ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/14/05 at 4:40 pm

The Patriots, well, you know...same old same old.....

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/14/05 at 4:44 pm

The Patriots, well, you know...same old same old.....
Hey they should step aside for a year so Denver's rival, Kansas City, could win thier 1st Super Bowl since 1970 ;D Not likely :D

Written By: danootaandme on 08/14/05 at 5:03 pm

Hey they should step aside for a year so Denver's rival, Kansas City, could win thier 1st Super Bowl since 1970 ;D Not likely :D

I'm not really a football fan, and since they've traded Lawyer Milloy and Ty Law I can't think of any butt, oops I mean reason, to watch  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/14/05 at 6:03 pm

I'm not really a football fan, and since they've traded Lawyer Milloy and Ty Law I can't think of any butt, oops I mean reason, to watch  ;D
;D

Written By: tv on 08/14/05 at 10:51 pm

What amazes me about Daunte Culpepper is you never even heard about him last year. All I hear about was Peyton Manning Manning. I saw the stat in that the Viking's playoff game with the Packers with the Packers last year that Culpepper threw 39 TD's to 11 INT's in the 04 regular season. The guy is underrated. I even hear more about Donavan McNabb than I do about Culpepper. McNabb is a good quarterback and Peyton is great but Culpepper deserves more props in the media than he gets.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/14/05 at 11:20 pm

What amazes me about Daunte Culpepper is you never even heard about him last year. All I hear about was Peyton Manning Manning. I saw the stat in that the Viking's playoff game with the Packers with the Packers last year that Culpepper threw 39 TD's to 11 INT's in the 04 regular season. The guy is underrated. I even hear more about Donavan McNabb than I do about Culpepper. McNabb is a good quarterback and Peyton is great but Culpepper deserves more props in the media than he gets.
I totally agree :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/16/05 at 8:44 pm

Coach Shanahan was impressed with Bradlee VanPelt but Bradlee wasn't satisfied with his play the other night.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/20/05 at 6:06 pm

The Eagles got their a$$es kicked by the Pittsburgh Steelers...

and the team I hate with a passion, the New York Jets, won last night over the Minnesota Vikings!

Terrell Owens should be gotten rid of...he's dragging down the Eagles' morale...what a spoiled jerk.

Written By: tv on 08/20/05 at 6:53 pm

The Eagles got their a$$es kicked by the Pittsburgh Steelers...

and the team I hate with a passion, the New York Jets, won last night over the Minnesota Vikings!

Terrell Owens should be gotten rid of...he's dragging down the Eagles' morale...what a spoiled jerk.
Your funny I like you everything you don't like: Rusty Wallace and of course the NY Jets.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/21/05 at 9:25 am

Denver won but a Forty-Niner died :\'(

http://www.denverpost.com/sports

Written By: ADH13 on 08/22/05 at 11:14 pm

Just something odd.. today I was watching the Dallas/Seattle game and they mentioned that all the coaches of Seattle have four daughters.  They went on to list the daughters names of each coach, and strangely I realized that two of Mike Holmgren's daughters went to high school with me.  I knew one of them from my drama class but I had no idea her dad was a football coach!

Written By: jackas on 08/22/05 at 11:40 pm

I don't want to talk about my team. :(

Written By: ADH13 on 08/22/05 at 11:43 pm

I don't want to talk about my team. :(

tampa?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/22/05 at 11:45 pm

It's just bizzare to see Parcels coaching in Dallas.....I remember when he coached the Giants and he and QB Phil Simms hated the Boys ::)

Written By: jackas on 08/22/05 at 11:46 pm

tampa?

EXCUSE ME!!!! :o

Written By: ADH13 on 08/22/05 at 11:47 pm

It's just bizzare to see Parcels coaching in Dallas.....I remember when he coached the Giants and he and QB Phil Simms hated the Boys ::)

Yeah that's true.. but I suppose it is a requirement to be a Giant, Redskin or Eagle that you must hate the cowboys...

Written By: jiminy on 08/22/05 at 11:47 pm

did you burp?   ;D

Written By: jackas on 08/22/05 at 11:49 pm

did you burp?   ;D

That was my black woman with attitude voice. :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/22/05 at 11:49 pm

did you burp?   ;D
Or WORSE :o :-X ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/22/05 at 11:50 pm

Yeah that's true.. but I suppose it is a requirement to be a Giant, Redskin or Eagle that you must hate the cowboys...
I agree but it's very strange to have one of them go to the other side ???

Written By: ADH13 on 08/22/05 at 11:54 pm

I agree but it's very strange to have one of them go to the other side ???

Yeah, sorta like you guys having Jerry Rice now??  That surprised me, I thought he was gonna retire.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/22/05 at 11:59 pm

Yeah, sorta like you guys having Jerry Rice now??  That surprised me, I thought he was gonna retire.
True but the Niners...though they kicked Denvers butts in Super Bowl 24....have never really been true "Rivals" whereas Parcells/Giants....Dallas....oh yeah, THAT was /is quite the rivalry!  I have a LOT of respect for Rice and his work ethic. Very talented and can't wait for his Hall Of Fame induction :)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/23/05 at 12:01 am

True but the Niners...though they kicked Denvers butts in Super Bowl 24....have never really been true "Rivals" whereas Parcells/Giants....Dallas....oh yeah, THAT was /is quite the rivalry!  I have a LOT of respect for Rice and his work ethic. Very talented and can't wait for his Hall Of Fame induction :)

Yeah, Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith deserve alot of credit... Emmitt is supposed to retire as a cowboy this season.. im curious to see if he will play at least one last game.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/23/05 at 12:04 am

You're not a Tampa Fan?  Oh, I'm sorry... I got confused after you told me all those fantasies you have about Jon Gruden... I just assumed...

KIDDING ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/23/05 at 12:06 am

Yeah, Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith deserve alot of credit... Emmitt is supposed to retire as a cowboy this season.. im curious to see if he will play at least one last game.
I'm on the fence as far as Emmitt goes...i mean, he could gain 500 yards a season and play for another 5 years...but I do not think he was the best RB ever....good but not the best ever :-\\ That should be how he retires though....as a Cowboy :)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/23/05 at 12:08 am

I'm on the fence as far as Emmitt goes...i mean, he could gain 500 yards a season and play for another 5 years...but I do not think he was the best RB ever....good but not the best ever :-\\ That should be how he retires though....as a Cowboy :)

I agree he wasn't the BEST runningback ever... but I have alot of respect for him because he is good enough to have a "holier than thou" attitude but he never did... he always acted with 100% class...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/23/05 at 12:12 am

I agree he wasn't the BEST runningback ever... but I have alot of respect for him because he is good enough to have a "holier than thou" attitude but he never did... he always acted with 100% class...
That's very true...he is a class act. The only problem I USED to have with him was....palying after his prime just so he could break Walter Payton's record..Barry Sanders was probably more deserving but he...well, you know. But now after some time to reflect, I know Emmitt could never be that egotistical jerk the press tried to make him, he simply wore the wrong uniform ;D ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/23/05 at 12:14 am

That's very true...he is a class act. The only problem I USED to have with him was....palying after his prime just so he could break Walter Payton's record..Barry Sanders was probably more deserving but he...well, you know. But now after some time to reflect, I know Emmitt could never be that egotistical jerk the press tried to make him, he simply wore the wrong uniform ;D ;)

:P  Yeah the 5 time superbowl champs is the wrong uniform, huh?

Hey speaking of "holier than thou" attitudes, have you seen dion sanders?  I dont know where he went, last I knew he was playing with Baltimore (i think) last season and I havent seen him this season. did he retire (again)? 

Written By: jackas on 08/23/05 at 12:15 am

You're not a Tampa Fan?  Oh, I'm sorry... I got confused after you told me all those fantasies you have about Jon Gruden... I just assumed...

KIDDING ;D

Separated at birth.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/23/05 at 12:17 am

:P  Yeah the 5 time superbowl champs is the wrong uniform, huh?

Hey speaking of "holier than thou" attitudes, have you seen dion sanders?  I dont know where he went, last I knew he was playing with Baltimore (i think) last season and I havent seen him this season. did he retire (again)? 
I think he signed on with the Ravens again....not sure though, and YES I know all about the "Rings"....remember? I "showed" you what they looked like ;D ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/23/05 at 12:22 am

I think he signed on with the Ravens again....not sure though, and YES I know all about the "Rings"....remember? I "showed" you what they looked like ;D ;)

Yeah, I know... I just thought you might have forgotten. ;D

I do keep seeing former Dallas players scattered around the league...  I'm still really disappointed about Parcells getting rid of Quincy Carter... I thought he had alot of potential... taking them to the playoffs his first year as a starter... so he went to the Jets and we got stuck with their leftovers and had a sh!tty season last year...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/23/05 at 12:33 am

Yeah, I know... I just thought you might have forgotten. ;D

I do keep seeing former Dallas players scattered around the league...  I'm still really disappointed about Parcells getting rid of Quincy Carter... I thought he had alot of potential... taking them to the playoffs his first year as a starter... so he went to the Jets and we got stuck with their leftovers and had a sh!tty season last year...
Me....forget ??? ;D ;) Yeah, I was suprised as well, Carter seemed to have the talent. Bledsoe now has another chance to prove himself though....see YOU on Thanksgiving Day! I hope I get to eat the turkey and YOU eat the crow :D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/23/05 at 7:22 pm

Not a Cowboys fan here,but I think TONY DORSETT was one h*ll of a running back during his career with Dallas!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/23/05 at 7:27 pm

:P Yeah the 5 time superbowl champs is the wrong uniform, huh?

Hey speaking of "holier than thou" attitudes, have you seen dion sanders? I dont know where he went, last I knew he was playing with Baltimore (i think) last season and I havent seen him this season. did he retire (again)?
Deion Sanders is nowhere near 'all that'...and honestly never was.

Ex-Eagles QB's Ron Jaworski and Randall Cunningham...class acts both on and off the field.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/23/05 at 7:29 pm

Deion Sanders is nowhere near 'all that'...and honestly never was.

Ex-Eagles QB's Ron Jaworski and Randall Cunningham...class acts both on and off the field.

Deion Sanders was good at making interceptions... but not too great of a blocker.

Written By: jackas on 08/23/05 at 7:33 pm

Deion Sanders is still with Baltimore.  So Andrea, you're a Dallas fan? ???

Written By: ADH13 on 08/23/05 at 7:36 pm

Deion Sanders is still with Baltimore.  So Andrea, you're a Dallas fan? ???

I sure am!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/24/05 at 8:12 am

Not a Cowboys fan here,but I think TONY DORSETT was one h*ll of a running back during his career with Dallas!
Here either, but I agree he was great. Seems the organization never really honored him the way he deserved though :-\\

Written By: tv on 08/27/05 at 1:59 pm

Former Giant Players Lawrence Taylor and Jim Burt have been helping certain Cowboy defensive players in training camp this year.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/28/05 at 1:33 pm

Former Giant Players Lawrence Taylor and Jim Burt have been helping certain Cowboy defensive players in training camp this year.
Hopefully thier devotion is to Parcells and not Dallas ::)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/28/05 at 1:34 pm

Who is the dumb@ss that decided to air THURSDAY OR FRIDAY'S raider/arizona game on TV yesterday while my boys were playing?? >:(

We won, anyway... but I would have liked to have seen the game.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/28/05 at 1:34 pm

Denver beat Indy Gents Colts last night but probably because it wasn't a playoff game ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/28/05 at 1:37 pm

Who is the dumb@ss that decided to air FRIDAY'S raider/arizona game on TV yesterday while my boys were playing?? >:(

We won, anyway... but I would have liked to have seen the game.
It's all about regions....I hate that as well though. Nice that you guys won. Denver will probably lose to Dallas on Thanksgiving....but at least we'll both be watching it on National TV :)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/28/05 at 1:39 pm

It's all about regions....I hate that as well though. Nice that you guys won. Denver will probably lose to Dallas on Thanksgiving....but at least we'll both be watching it on National TV :)

I have the Sunday Ticket on DirecTV... so once the season starts, i won't have this problem.. but it just baffled me that they would air previously aired games when there are live ones going on.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/28/05 at 1:41 pm

I have the Sunday Ticket on DirecTV... so once the season starts, i won't have this problem.. but it just baffled me that they would air previously aired games when there are live ones going on.
I know what you mean. I'm still thinking about getting DISH Network again so I can choose Denver, Chicago and Phoenix ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox channels :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/29/05 at 11:30 am

We are cutting Maurice Clarett loose today.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/02/05 at 8:12 am

My brother is a big Giants fan so you can imagine the exultation last night when the
Giants beat thePatriots.  Could anyone have predicted that?!!!!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 2:43 pm

My brother is a big Giants fan so you can imagine the exultation last night when the
Giants beat thePatriots.  Could anyone have predicted that?!!!!!

That's great news!  Though I don't think of New England as a dirty team by any means, I am tiring of the "Dynasty"...as for the Giants, I hope Eli has a breakout year :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 9:06 pm

My Broncos are visiting Phoenix to play the Cardinals tonight. Jake Plummer returns to the state where he starred for Arizona State and the Cardinals but he won't play. Former CSU QB Bradlee VanPelt gets the call as he tries to solidify his backup role to Jake :)

Check for new replies or respond here...