inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NFL 2005-2006 Season!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/07/05 at 7:59 pm

Just like Jim's Baseball thread....come here for football once the regular season begins ;)

Subject: Re: NFL 2005-2006 Season....waiting

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/08/05 at 12:10 pm

Just like Jim's Baseball thread....come here for football once the regular season begins ;)
Oh and GO Denver Broncos :)

Written By: joedeertae on 08/10/05 at 7:04 am

Go Texans!!! See ya when the season starts.  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/10/05 at 9:23 am

Hey Joe!! Very nice to see you back :) Actually we'll see your Texans this week...though it's just preseason ;)

Written By: joedeertae on 09/06/05 at 11:11 am

Anybody want to join my Salary Cap Fantasy Football League? It's FREE and all you need is a FREE Yahoo account to play.
Here is a link if you are interested:

You have been invited to join tboneoutlaw's Private Group in Yahoo! Sports Salary Cap Football.

In order to join the group, just go to http://tinyurl.com/8smlb and click on the "Sign Up" button to create a team. After completing registration, or if you already have a team, click the "Create or Join Group" button and follow the path to join an existing private group. Then, when prompted, enter the following information...

Group ID#: 1461
Password: texans

OVERVIEW
Welcome to Yahoo! Sports Salary Cap Football, a free game that lets you run your own team of real professional football players from the opening kickoff right through the late-season playoff races.

Each week, you'll decide which players to start, while keeping your team under a league-wide $100 million salary cap. The better your players perform in real-life games, the more points they score for your fantasy team.

And, while you sit back and watch your team progress through the season, we do all the hard work of gathering statistics, computing point totals, and updating standings.

C'mon Rock... I know you wanna.... ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/06/05 at 11:40 am

Anybody want to join my Salary Cap Fantasy Football League? It's FREE and all you need is a FREE Yahoo account to play.
Here is a link if you are interested:

You have been invited to join tboneoutlaw's Private Group in Yahoo! Sports Salary Cap Football.

In order to join the group, just go to http://tinyurl.com/8smlb and click on the "Sign Up" button to create a team. After completing registration, or if you already have a team, click the "Create or Join Group" button and follow the path to join an existing private group. Then, when prompted, enter the following information...

Group ID#: 1461
Password: texans

OVERVIEW
Welcome to Yahoo! Sports Salary Cap Football, a free game that lets you run your own team of real professional football players from the opening kickoff right through the late-season playoff races.

Each week, you'll decide which players to start, while keeping your team under a league-wide $100 million salary cap. The better your players perform in real-life games, the more points they score for your fantasy team.

And, while you sit back and watch your team progress through the season, we do all the hard work of gathering statistics, computing point totals, and updating standings.

C'mon Rock... I know you wanna.... ;D
Alright, count me in ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/08/05 at 12:18 pm

Tonight the Raiders play New England and because of Jessica, I'm rooting for Oakland :o

Subject: Re: NFL 2005-2006 Season!

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/08/05 at 12:26 pm

Since I dislike both of these teams, I'll pass on rooting on the winner. But I want to see the Colts beat the Pats when they said Patriots are at the top of their game. So reluctantly, I'll pick New England.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/08/05 at 2:03 pm

Since I dislike both of these teams, I'll pass on rooting on the winner. But I want to see the Colts beat the Pats when they said Patriots are at the top of their game. So reluctantly, I'll pick New England.
Hmm, dilema for me...cause I like both you and Jess :D

Written By: nally on 09/08/05 at 2:12 pm

I may rarely post on this thread, given that I haven't had a local team for the past ten (almost eleven) years...but I may occasionally look at it just to see what's goin' on.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/08/05 at 2:25 pm

I may rarely post on this thread, given that I haven't had a local team for the past ten (almost eleven) years...but I may occasionally look at it just to see what's goin' on.
I hope to see you a lot in here, Jeff :) I used to LOVE the Los Angeles Rams and was really sad when they  moved, then my father reminded me  that they originally were the Cleveland Rams!

Written By: nally on 09/08/05 at 2:28 pm

I hope to see you a lot in here, Jeff :) I used to LOVE the Los Angeles Rams and was really sad when they  moved, then my father reminded me  that they originally were the Cleveland Rams!

...and now they're in St. Louie! :(

By the way, I don't follow football a great deal, but it'll be nice to stop by in here every now and then. I'll most likely be a regular on the baseball thread next month during the postseason; that's always exciting (especially when there's NO YANKEES!).

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/08/05 at 2:55 pm

By the way, I don't follow football a great deal, but it'll be nice to stop by in here every now and then. I'll most likely be a regular on the baseball thread next month during the postseason; that's always exciting (especially when there's NO YANKEES!).
Oh and I hated when the Cardinals moved to Pheonix :-\\ Anyway, it'll be cool seeing you around here and yes, let's HOPE Cleveland overtakes New York for the wildcard ;)

Written By: nally on 09/08/05 at 3:10 pm

Oh and I hated when the Cardinals moved to Pheonix :-\\ Anyway, it'll be cool seeing you around here and yes, let's HOPE Cleveland overtakes New York for the wildcard ;)

Yes...I'm HOPING that they overtake the Oakland a's as well.

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/08/05 at 3:13 pm

Hey, if we could get our Cardinals back you could have your Rams.

They just know a winning city when they see one  ;)

Tonight the Raiders play New England and because of Jessica, I'm rooting for Oakland :o

Because i despise the Pat's I'd have to say Oakland as well  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/08/05 at 5:24 pm

Hey, if we could get our Cardinals back you could have your Rams.

They just know a winning city when they see one  ;)

Because i despise the Pat's I'd have to say Oakland as well  ;D
Well, I DO love St. Louis :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/09/05 at 6:36 pm

Raiders lost to New England last night, 30-20. Sorry, Jess :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/11/05 at 1:05 pm

My Broncos trail Miami 6-0 early in the 2nd quarter ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/11/05 at 2:48 pm

Denver is getting crushed by Miami ::)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/11/05 at 6:17 pm

The New Orleans SAINTS got the win today against the Carolina PANTHERS...by three points.
The game almost went into overtime when the Saints broke the tie by scoring a field goal!

Anyone else here despise the New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys, or Chicago Bears?

Oh yeah, I hate the Oakland Raiders with a passion! Why? They beat my Eagles in the Super Bowl in January 1981...It would be cool to have another Eagles-Raiders Super Bowl...and the Eagles winning!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/11/05 at 9:37 pm

The New Orleans SAINTS got the win today against the Carolina PANTHERS...by three points.
The game almost went into overtime when the Saints broke the tie by scoring a field goal!

Oh yeah, I hate the Oakland Raiders with a passion! Why? They beat my Eagles in the Super Bowl in January 1981...It would be cool to have another Eagles-Raiders Super Bowl...and the Eagles winning!
Being a Denver Bronco fan, yes they lost today, I ALWAYS hated the Raiders...but then I met Jessica so NOW I alway settle for a split of the season series as long as Oakland and Denver sweep those Chiefs because somebody who is VERY mean likes them.....no, not the poster formerly known as AL-B....but someone who is not here anymore ::)

Written By: nally on 09/11/05 at 11:45 pm

While I am not a huge football fan, my dad has liked the sport since he was a boy, and has liked watching the games on TV. This afternoon, he and I were briefly watching a game on FOX; it was between Tampa Bay and Minnesota (TB beat MIN 27-13).

Written By: joedeertae on 09/12/05 at 7:58 am

That was a good game.... much better than my Texans' game.  :( :-

ME!!! I can't stand the Dallas(s) Cryboys!!

Written By: nally on 09/12/05 at 2:15 pm

Being a Denver Bronco fan, yes they lost today, I ALWAYS hated the Raiders...but then I met Jessica so NOW I alway settle for a split of the season series as long as Oakland and Denver sweep those Chiefs because somebody who is VERY mean likes them.....no, not the poster formerly known as AL-B....but someone who is not here anymore ::)

I've despised the Raiders, too..sorry. :-[ But since we have someone here who likes 'em, I won't say anything bad about 'em. Just like the Braves in baseball.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/12/05 at 2:52 pm

Just Dallas...since way before they were the drugboys and on it will go :P

Written By: ADH13 on 09/13/05 at 12:22 am

:o :o

PHILLY is in LAST PLACE! :D

Emmitt is retiring Monday, I believe. :\'(

Written By: PaperGirl on 09/13/05 at 12:34 am

Wahoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have Andre Johnson on my Fantasy Football team...I sure hope he can only improve for the rest of the season...

Written By: joedeertae on 09/13/05 at 7:50 am

Wahoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have Andre Johnson on my Fantasy Football team...I sure hope he can only improve for the rest of the season...

8) I didn't get a chance to draft him in either of my leagues.  :(
But, yeah! I sure hope he (and the whole team) does some pretty serious improving from here on out. SURELY, they can't get any worse than they were Sunday.  :P

Written By: PaperGirl on 09/13/05 at 8:27 am

I cant complain too much...but Ill do it anyway.    :D

Written By: joedeertae on 09/13/05 at 8:30 am

I cant complain too much...but Ill do it anyway.    :D

;D I hear ya'!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/13/05 at 1:36 pm

H played a few seasons too long, IMHO. He was great once but I always thought Barry Sanders ran circles around him ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/18/05 at 2:12 pm

Carolina is leading New England 20-10 in the 3rd :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/18/05 at 6:22 pm

Carolina went on to beat New England 27-17. My Broncos just beat San Diego 20-17 in Denver...the Chargers haven't won there since 1999 :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/18/05 at 7:23 pm

:o :o

PHILLY is in LAST PLACE! :D

It's only the beginning of the season...Don't count the Eagles out...

:D    I can't wait till the Eagles play the New York Giants....let the warfare begin!!!    :D

Written By: tv on 09/18/05 at 8:30 pm

Well the Jets beat the Dolphins but QB Chad Pennington is still stuggling a little bit. Sometimes he just overthrows recievers. I think its part of getting used to Mike Heimerdinger's new offensive system. Heimerdinger is the total opposite of Jets former offensive coordinator Paul Hackett. Hackett was conservative in the play calling where is Heimerdinger is very aggressive in his play calling. The Jets defense looks good. The pick-up of cornerback Ty Law has helped the secondary alot I think. It gives the Jets that shut down corner that they have lacked the past few years. I don;t know who the Jets play next. I know they play Baltimore in 2 weeks though.

Written By: PaperGirl on 09/18/05 at 10:00 pm

I had to laugh my ass off...yet commiserate with DJ Midas at the same time....he had Manning as his QB for FF today, and his bench BQ was McNabb...

Mcnabb- 34 points
Manning- 0

My team, OTOH, won.    ;D

On another note, my Texans lost... ::)  27-7....  sheesh.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/20/05 at 6:48 pm

Looking like the Mark Brunell of old, he led Washington on 2 late scoring drives as the Redskins won at Dallas (Irving) for the first time since 1995.

Written By: chiefyamick on 09/21/05 at 3:27 am

Ok, this may make me a laughing stock here, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that my Packers might just pull something off this season....... :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/21/05 at 12:11 pm

Ok, this may make me a laughing stock here, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that my Packers might just pull something off this season....... :D
Well, when I first saw your username I cringed thinking you may be a Chiefs fan :P As for Green Bay, I see nothing wrong with what you think at all. I've always liked Brett Favre, so good luck to your Packers this season ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/22/05 at 3:23 pm

Don't get too cocky. Manning will have his days. The only thing that counts is that the Colts are 2-0. And sorry about your 0-2 Texans.  :-\\
I had to laugh my ass off...yet commiserate with DJ Midas at the same time....he had Manning as his QB for FF today, and his bench BQ was McNabb...

Mcnabb- 34 points
Manning- 0

My team, OTOH, won.    ;D

On another note, my Texans lost... ::)  27-7....  sheesh.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/25/05 at 3:00 pm

Indy's Colts won today to improve to 3-0. Philly is leading Oakland. The Bengals also won. Denver plays KC in Denver tomorrow night.

Written By: tv on 09/25/05 at 11:51 pm

Indy's Colts won today to improve to 3-0. Philly is leading Oakland. The Bengals also won. Denver plays KC in Denver tomorrow night.
I;m shocked on how the Colts aren;t scoring any points and their defense is actually one of thest defenses in the NFL.

My Jets are not doing good. They lost to the Jaguars today 26-20 in OT.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/26/05 at 2:20 pm

I;m shocked on how the Colts aren;t scoring any points and their defense is actually one of thest defenses in the NFL.

My Jets are not doing good. They lost to the Jaguars today 26-20 in OT.

Sorry to hear about your Jets :-\\ You can console me after Denver probably loses to KC tonight ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/26/05 at 9:09 pm

Wow! So far, so good ad Denver leads KC 17-0 in the 2nd quarter....we shall see if it holds up :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/26/05 at 11:52 pm

Denver 30 KC 10...Final  :)

Written By: tv on 09/28/05 at 2:19 am

Sorry to hear about your Jets :-\\ You can console me after Denver probably loses to KC tonight ::)
Even worse Brooks Bollinger is the jets starting quaterback.I;m not saying he is a bad quaterback but he was their 3rd string quaterback. I mean i have never seen whare a team loses 2 quaterbacks in a game like the did Sunday for not just a few games but the whole entire season. The Jets just signed Vinny Testaverade today. I hope Vinny has something left. He is 41 years old now. If terre is one good thing the Jets are playing Baltimore this weekend. As we all know Baltimore can't score any points this year. Still the Jets have 2 games aginst New England remaining, surprising Tampa Bay team, San Diego, road games at Miami, Carolina and Atlanta. The Jets schedule does not favor them. I want to see the Jets go to a Super Bowl sometime in the near future.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/02/05 at 10:14 am

Beating the Chiefs on Monday Night Football was a great source of enjoyment :) Even if they beat us later in KC, we earned a split. Today my Broncos travel to Jacksonville to play the Jaguars...we shall see ???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/02/05 at 6:42 pm

What a nice day today! Rams were slaughtered by the Giants 44-24, KC blew a 24-6 lead and lost to Philly 37-31, Jessica's Raiders beat them 'Boys and last but not least, my Broncos beat Jacksonville 20-7 :)

Written By: tv on 10/02/05 at 10:41 pm

The Jets are bad. Herman Edwards is a good motivator but they can;t do anything on the offensive side of the ball. They only scored 3 points today and lost to Baltimore 13-3.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 10/02/05 at 10:51 pm

What a nice day today! Rams were slaughtered by the Giants 44-24, KC blew a 24-6 lead and lost to Philly 37-31
Gee, thanks for reminding me! >:( ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/03/05 at 7:25 am

Gee, thanks for reminding me! >:( ;)
Sorry, actually my hatred for the Chiefs has absolutely nothing to do with you....long story ::)

Written By: PaperGirl on 10/03/05 at 10:45 am

Stooooopid Texans. 

At least I still have my Astros.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/03/05 at 11:45 am

Stooooopid Texans. 

Hey, I love the Texans. In fact, they're the ONLY NFL team in that state that I like ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/09/05 at 3:54 pm

Walter Payton's son Jared scored his 1st NFL touchdown today as Tennessee won

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/09/05 at 5:23 pm

My Broncos lead Washington in the 3rd quarter 14-10 in the constant rain. Yesterday the high in Denver was 82 degrees whereas today at game time it was 44 :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/09/05 at 6:56 pm

Denver held on to beat the Redskins 21-19 and go to 4-1 :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/09/05 at 7:07 pm

I got back from the Rams - Seahawks game a couple hours ago.

Rams special teams sucked the big one.
Hopefully they'll get rid of Martz by the end of the year  :P

Written By: Kenlos on 10/09/05 at 7:31 pm

Patriots beat the Falcons 31-28.  Though the game itself was great the officiating was the worst I have ever seen.  I don't know if anyone else saw the game but if some one did I am sure they would probably agree.  I honestly believe that some of those refs should be but under investigation.  Especially the one who called Falcons quarterback, Matt Schaub, out of bounds on that 3rd down play late in the game.  The ref was standing right there and unless he had his eyes closed and then guessed there is no way he should have gotten that call wrong as Schaub was no where near that out of bounds line.  Makes you wonder.  It is not just this game I have seen some really bad calls this year either as I have seen some bad ones in other games but this one was riddled with them most of which went against the Falcons.  The NFL might need to do some house cleaning in the refs department.  But again, if you take away the extremely poor officiating the game was one of the better games I have seen this year.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/09/05 at 7:34 pm

Patriots beat the Falcons 31-28.  Though the game itself was great the officiating was the worst I have ever seen.  I don't know if anyone else saw the game but if some one did I am sure they would probably agree.  I honestly believe that some of those refs should be but under investigation.  Especially the one who called Falcons quarterback, Matt Schaub, out of bounds on that 3rd down play late in the game.  The ref was standing right there and unless he had his eyes closed and then guessed there is no way he should have gotten that call wrong as Schaub was no where near that out of bounds line.  Makes you wonder.  It is not just this game I have seen some really bad calls this year either as I have seen some bad ones in other games but this one was riddled with them most of which went against the Falcons.  The NFL might need to do some house cleaning in the refs department.  But again, if you take away the extremely poor officiating the game was one of the better games I have seen this year.
I saw most of it and couldn't agree with you more, they really screwed it up today ::)

Written By: joedeertae on 10/10/05 at 8:14 am

Stooooopid Texans. 

Grrrr.... I hear ya! We have GOT to do something SOON!

and uhhh yeah.... GO ASTROS!!!!

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/10/05 at 9:24 am

and uhhh yeah.... GO ASTROS!!!!

Ooooooh, they gonna die by the albert pujols sword soon!  ;D

Written By: nally on 10/11/05 at 6:12 pm

Steelers beat the Chargers 24-22 in last night's game.

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 10/30/05 at 10:12 am

this is the last year for Monday night football on ABC and MNF is moving to ESPN and Sunday Night Football will move to NBC next year in 2006

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/30/05 at 5:57 pm

I am not happy that the team I detest, the New York Giants, beat the Redskins bigtime....I cannot wait until the Eagles get their hands on those Giants...

At least the Eagles are now putting up a decent fight against the Broncos...21 to 28 the Broncos are still in the lead.

Written By: nally on 11/07/05 at 4:41 pm

this is the last year for Monday night football on ABC and MNF is moving to ESPN and Sunday Night Football will move to NBC next year in 2006

That's right... MNF has been on ABC for quite some time now. :o

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 11/08/05 at 3:28 pm

That's right... MNF has been on ABC for quite some time now. :o
yeah ABC first started MNF in I beleve 1970 or around the 70's but this is the last year for MNF on ABC next year ESPN will take over then NBC will take over Sunday nigh football and history show TNT and ESPN used to share Sunday night football

Written By: nally on 11/08/05 at 4:19 pm

yeah ABC first started MNF in I beleve 1970 or around the 70's but this is the last year for MNF on ABC next year ESPN will take over then NBC will take over Sunday nigh football and history show TNT and ESPN used to share Sunday night football

So I guess ABC has been carrying MNF since before I was born.

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 11/09/05 at 4:27 pm

ABC will be missed by NFL fans

Written By: nally on 12/07/05 at 1:21 pm

Ever since Mark's been gone, there hasn't been very much activity on this thread. :-\\

I don't watch football all that much, since I have no local team anymore.

Written By: nally on 12/18/05 at 9:10 pm

I may not be a big football watcher, but I did watch the last part of today's game between the San Diego Chargers and the Indianapolis Colts. The Colts were looking to go undefeated for the season, but it ain't gonna happen! That's because the Chargers won, 26-17.

Written By: ... on 12/19/05 at 10:16 am

I may not be a big football watcher, but I did watch the last part of today's game between the San Diego Chargers and the Indianapolis Colts. The Colts were looking to go undefeated for the season, but it ain't gonna happen! That's because the Chargers won, 26-17.

They had a win streak going, didn't they?

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/17/06 at 12:30 pm

The Colts aren't going to the Super Bowl either. Mike Vanderjagt missed a 46 yard field goal as the Steelers prevailed 21-18. Still, I can't complain the officiating, since two bad calls went the Colts' way. Still, I hate to see our season end so prematurely. Hope to be back in the playoffs next year and finally erase those demons Manning and Dungy seem to have. :\'(

Well at least Da Bears are also out.

Written By: nally on 01/17/06 at 5:01 pm

Hey, thanks for bumping this thread, Indy. ;)

I haven't watched the playoff games much, if at all, and I'm glad to see someone has. 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...