inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: College Football Season 2005

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 7:48 am

Though I like both teams, I'd like to see Colorado beat Colorado State tomorrow (On TBS) and will also be rooting for Air Force. Who are your teams and what do you think will happen to them this season?

Subject: Re: College Football Season 2005

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/02/05 at 8:00 am

I am not a football fan, however, my husband is a big Pitt fan....as well as my dad, uncle, and nearly all of my family.

Erin :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 2:41 pm

I am not a football fan, however, my husband is a big Pitt fan....as well as my dad, uncle, and nearly all of my family.

I've always liked Pitt from way back when Dan Marino played there :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/02/05 at 2:46 pm

Mizzou Of Course!!

Go Tigers!

Tragedy has already struck here in Missouri.

Earlier this summer Aaron O'Neal collapsed during a routine workout and died later on that day.
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/miss/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/163190.jpeg

It was his dream to play For the Tigers and then his life was taken away from him.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 2:49 pm

Mizzou Of Course!!

Go Tigers!

Tragedy has already struck here in Missouri.

Earlier this summer Aaron O'Neal collapsed during a routine workout and died later on that day.
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/miss/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/163190.jpeg

It was his dream to play For the Tigers and then his life was taken away from him.
AH! A Mizzou fan that I actually like :) It was very sad news about Aaron though :\'(

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/02/05 at 2:52 pm

AH! A Mizzou fan that I actually like :) It was very sad news about Aaron though :\'(

His family have pissed me off.

It was revelead that he had Meninjitis. However his family are trying to sue UM for god only know how much, claiming wrongfull death.

It wasn't a mandatory session and it wasn't strenuous. Light Cardio.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 3:02 pm

His family have pissed me off.

It was revelead that he had Meninjitis. However his family are trying to sue UM for god only know how much, claiming wrongfull death.

It wasn't a mandatory session and it wasn't strenuous. Light Cardio.
Makes the whole thing that much sadder, doesn't it :-\\

Written By: refrigerationdude on 09/02/05 at 3:42 pm

Minnesota and PSU, and I'm sure PSU will do just as shi**y as usual. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/02/05 at 4:40 pm

I've always liked Pitt from way back when Dan Marino played there :)

ya, they are a pretty good team. My uncle has season tickets...so every once in a while he takes Chris and my dad to a game.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 4:57 pm

ya, they are a pretty good team. My uncle has season tickets...so every once in a while he takes Chris and my dad to a game.

They sure do...I'm kinda happy Colorado doesn't have to play them :)  That's really cool of your uncle to do that.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 5:02 pm

Minnesota and PSU, and I'm sure PSU will do just as shi**y as usual. 
Not if they have a "Nebraska Schedule" and play a bunch of girl scout and division II teams ;D

Written By: refrigerationdude on 09/02/05 at 5:14 pm

Thats about all they should play, maybe their "hard games" can be some of the better high school teams in the area, or perhaps wilkes or kings, they shoulda been thrown the hell outta the big ten yrs ago.  Only reason I still follow them is it's my dad's alumni and my current school, I been going there now 4 yrs, in my last semester. 

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/02/05 at 6:29 pm

As I'm sure most of you know, my blood runs Cornhusker red. Tomorrow, Nebraska takes on the mighty Black Bears of Maine. I'm certain it will be a contest of epic proportions.  ::) It should be interesting to see how Bill Callahan's highly-touted recruiting class does this year, and if the Huskers can be competitive in the Big 12 North.

Not if they have a "Nebraska Schedule" and play a bunch of girl scout and division II teams ;D
We're not K-State. Bite me.  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 6:50 pm

As I'm sure most of you know, my blood runs Cornhusker red. Tomorrow, Nebraska takes on the mighty Black Bears of Maine. I'm certain it will be a contest of epic proportions.  ::) It should be interesting to see how Bill Callahan's highly-touted recruiting class does this year, and if the Huskers can be competitive in the Big 12 North.
We're not K-State. Bite me.  ;D

What TOOK you so long ;D ;)

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/02/05 at 6:56 pm

What TOOK you so long ;D ;)
I just got home, I've been out on the road all week.

Have I ever mentioned that I also like the Chiefs? MMWWAHAHAHAHA!! ;D

(BTW, Mark, if I can get off topic for just a second--last week I saw Brian Wilson in concert at an outdoor amphitheater here in K.C. and it was great! :))

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 8:10 pm

I just got home, I've been out on the road all week.

Have I ever mentioned that I also like the Chiefs? MMWWAHAHAHAHA!! ;D

(BTW, Mark, if I can get off topic for just a second--last week I saw Brian Wilson in concert at an outdoor amphitheater here in K.C. and it was great! :))
Yeah, I KNOW you like them. I also know a really mean fan of thiers so just be forwarned, my future posts about them is not directed at you in any way ;)

As for Brian, that is cool! To me, he is the Brain of the group. It still makes me sick to hear people talk about how great the song "Kokomo" was...those jerks found out about Brian's solo release in 1988 and threw the song together to get attention away from him ::) I cannot STAND Mike Love....what a jerk >:(

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/02/05 at 8:19 pm

I'm not too optimistic about Notre Dame's or Ball State's chances. I'm cautiously optimistic about Purdue, and I'm hopeful for IU with new coach Terry Hoeppner. But the Big Ten will be a tough division again, with Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa among the powerhouses. I'm surprised Purdue is ranked as high as #13 in some polls, considering they've lost a lot on both sides. Let's hope Joe Tiller is as good a coach as the media "experts" claim he is.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/02/05 at 8:44 pm

Yeah, I KNOW you like them. I also know a really mean fan of thiers so just be forwarned, my future posts about them is not directed at you in any way ;)

As for Brian, that is cool! To me, he is the Brain of the group. It still makes me sick to hear people talk about how great the song "Kokomo" was...those jerks found out about Brian's solo release in 1988 and threw the song together to get attention away from him ::) I cannot STAND Mike Love....what a jerk >:(

1.) I know how you feel about the Chefs and only brought it up to try and rile you up a little bit.  ;D

2.) I am in 100% agreement with you concerning Mike Love, with the exception of your referring to him as a "jerk." That's being a little too kind, IMO. I think the word "douchebag" is more appropriate. I could go into an entire tirade about him but this ain't the thread for it.  :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 9:09 pm

1.) I know how you feel about the Chefs and only brought it up to try and rile you up a little bit.  ;D

2.) I am in 100% agreement with you concerning Mike Love, with the exception of your referring to him as a "jerk." That's being a little too kind, IMO. I think the word "douchebag" is more appropriate. I could go into an entire tirade about him but this ain't the thread for it.  :P

1.) I AM riled! Don't you know I'm trying to watch my Broncos right now as they play Arizona :D ;)

2.) Well...we could always start a thread in the before the 70's board just to bash the little creep ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/03/05 at 2:40 pm

Colorado and Colorado are about to kick it off in Boulder....Go Buffs!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/03/05 at 6:03 pm

Air Force beat Washington and right now with 1 minute left Colorado leads Colorado State 28-21 :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/03/05 at 6:09 pm

Colorado State tied it at 28. 36 seconds left :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/03/05 at 6:16 pm

Colorado kicker Mason Crosby just kicked a game winning 47 yard field goal as Colorado beat CSU 31-29....AND it's his 21st birthday today :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/11/05 at 2:14 pm

Colorado State lost yesterday but Colorado and Air Force both won :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/11/05 at 6:24 pm

:D  Get this...I'm from New Jersey...and I'm an Oklahoma SOONERS fan!  :D
The Sooners aren't doing too well YET....Too bad the Sooners don't come out here....I want to fly out to Norman(Oklahoma)someday and see them play at home!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/24/05 at 6:07 pm

Well, my Colorado Buffaloes have a long way to go to get back in the rankings. Today Miami beat them 26-3 in Miami. As long as Colorado beats Nebraska again, the season will be saved :D

Written By: Kenlos on 09/24/05 at 6:14 pm

My Florida Gators won today.  They came out in the first half and destroyed Kentucky 49-7 by halftime.  Then the backups came in for the second half and couldnt move the ball to save their life and couldn't hardly stop Kentucky, and the score shunk to a 49-28 victory.  But, a victory non-the-less to move them to 4-0 on the year.  Play Alabama next week.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/24/05 at 6:24 pm

My Florida Gators won today.  They came out in the first half and destroyed Kentucky 49-7 by halftime.  Then the backups came in for the second half and couldnt move the ball to save their life and couldn't hardly stop Kentucky, and the score shunk to a 49-28 victory.  But, a victory non-the-less to move them to 4-0 on the year.  Play Alabama next week.
Looking good, Kenlos. And that was classy bringing in the reserves to finish it off :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/02/05 at 10:25 am

Colorado beat Oklahoma State yesterday in Stillwater, 34-0 :)

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 10/02/05 at 12:55 pm

As long as Colorado beats Nebraska again, the season will be saved :D
Ain't gonna happen. THE BLACKSHIRTS ARE BACK!!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/02/05 at 6:43 pm

Ain't gonna happen. THE BLACKSHIRTS ARE BACK!!!
We'll see!  BTW, congrats on you guys winning in OT yesterday ;)

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 10/02/05 at 11:11 pm

We'll see!  BTW, congrats on you guys winning in OT yesterday ;)
We'll see how the Husker D holds up against Texas Tech this week. (I'm quite certain you remember what happened last year... ::))

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/03/05 at 7:21 am

We'll see how the Husker D holds up against Texas Tech this week. (I'm quite certain you remember what happened last year... ::))
I think you guys will do just fine. The ONLY time I really root against Nebraska is when they play us ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/08/05 at 4:05 pm

Well, I really thought the Huskers would so alright but not so far. It's 21-0 in the lst half :o

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/08/05 at 6:07 pm

Nebraska has come back to take a 31-27 lead with just 5:00 minutes to play..... :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/08/05 at 6:55 pm

With 2 minutes to go in the first quarter, Colorado leads Taxas A&M, 21-0 :)

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 10/08/05 at 8:05 pm

Nebraska has come back to take a 31-27 lead with just 5:00 minutes to play..... :D
Well, I'm certain that you know the outcome of that game by now. I bought a Sirius satellite radio so I wouldn't miss any Husker games while out on the road, and I listened to the whole game while driving across Kansas on the way home. Just outside KC, my co-driver woke up with like 2 minutes left in the game, and out of the blue he said, "I'm going for Texas Tech," despite the fact that he has absolute zero interest in college football. As you know, Tech scored a TD on 4th and 2 with 12 seconds left to win the game, and when they scored, my co-driver started jumping up and down and screaming and yelling and saying, "ALL RIGHT! TEXAS TECH WON!!!" I was half-tempted to reach over and strangle him right then and there. But he was just being a smartass and trying to get a rise out of me, so I didn't let it bother me too much. Damn non-sports fans, anyway.  ::)

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 10/08/05 at 8:43 pm

Not to get off-topic, Mark, but why are you down to being a "Bud Ice Penguin" like myself? I thought you had like, 50,000 posts.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/08/05 at 10:08 pm

Well, I'm certain that you know the outcome of that game by now. I bought a Sirius satellite radio so I wouldn't miss any Husker games while out on the road, and I listened to the whole game while driving across Kansas on the way home. Just outside KC, my co-driver woke up with like 2 minutes left in the game, and out of the blue he said, "I'm going for Texas Tech," despite the fact that he has absolute zero interest in college football. As you know, Tech scored a TD on 4th and 2 with 12 seconds left to win the game, and when they scored, my co-driver started jumping up and down and screaming and yelling and saying, "ALL RIGHT! TEXAS TECH WON!!!" I was half-tempted to reach over and strangle him right then and there. But he was just being a smartass and trying to get a rise out of me, so I didn't let it bother me too much. Damn non-sports fans, anyway.  ::)
;D Should've strangled him, or at least bruised his arm with a punch! I didn't think Nebraska would lose today either....sorry, man :-\\ Colorado pated Texas A&M 41-6, I think, I was flipping between the Buffs and the Houston win over Atlanta...and I was jumping up and down with BOTH outcomes :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/08/05 at 10:16 pm

Not to get off-topic, Mark, but why are you down to being a "Bud Ice Penguin" like myself? I thought you had like, 50,000 posts.
Well, let's just say that after a miserably failed relationship (Which has been denied ever happening by my "Friend" and just all the basic crap I did, including becoming someone else though never getting personally involved with anyone as that "Person"...then being praised by some and hated by others...being called many names....oh and also being called a post-whore because of my many posts....I just thought I'd say "SCREW IT ALL" and start anew and never peeve anyone off again. You might say I'm morphing into a "Robot" who aims to please everyone...though by typing this I'll probably bring back the wrath of HATE from all those who can't stand me and have blocked my PM's. Sorry you asked yet  ??? ::) ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...