inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NASCAR's Kurt Busch is busted for reckless driving and I don't mean at the track

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/14/05 at 9:58 pm

Kurt Busch is in some deep doo-doo..He was stopped for reckless driving by police in Phoenix, Arizona..and to top it all off HE REFUSED TO TAKE A BREATHALYZER TEST...What the h*ll was the fool thinking!?! Team owner Jack Roush has suspended Mr. Busch for the rest of the season..which means that Kurt has screwed himself out of repeating as Nextel Cup champion. Stupid move, Kurt...I hope you are real proud of yourself(sarcasm meant here)!

Anyway, Roger Penske is stuck with Mr. Busch next season. Good luck Ryan Newman, your new teammate is a screwball!

Subject: Re: NASCAR's Kurt Busch is busted for reckless driving and I don't mean at the track

Written By: Skippy on 11/14/05 at 10:31 pm

Did you hear Larry McReynolds reply to the account of the Maricopa County sheriff? The sheriff said his deputies reported that the 27-year-old Las Vegas native was uncooperative and insulted deputies during the traffic stop. Sheriff’s officials said Busch was driving from the track at 60 mph in a 45 mph zone, swerved to avoid a vehicle, ran a stop sign and did not immediately stop when deputies turned on their flashing lights behind him. Deputies  then said they smelled alcohol on Busch’s breath and he refused to perform a field sobriety test. Deputies administered a Breathalyzer test at a sheriff’s facility at PIR, but a machine malfunctioned and Busch was released.
McReynolds then replied "I guess that sheriff isn't a NASCAR fan, he certainly isn't a Kurt Bush fan. Someone needs to tell ol' Larry real life doesn't have a "lucky dog" rule like Nascar & there ain't no free passes. Sheeeeeeeeeesh.  ::) Not a real smart move when your sponsor is Crown Royal whiskey.
At least Penske is used to having driver;s with drinking problems on his payroll.

Subject: Re: NASCAR's Kurt Busch is busted for reckless driving and I don't mean at the track

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/16/05 at 7:14 pm

Did you hear Larry McReynolds reply to the account of the Maricopa County sheriff? The sheriff said his deputies reported that the 27-year-old Las Vegas native was uncooperative and insulted deputies during the traffic stop. Sheriff’s officials said Busch was driving from the track at 60 mph in a 45 mph zone, swerved to avoid a vehicle, ran a stop sign and did not immediately stop when deputies turned on their flashing lights behind him. Deputies

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/16/05 at 7:17 pm

And there are STILL people who think Tony Stewart is a loose screw. Mr. Kurt Busch outdid anything Tony's ever done....by putting the PUBLIC at risk by reckless driving.

I sure hope younger brother Kyle does not do that crap.

Written By: Skippy on 11/16/05 at 9:26 pm

Do you happen to mean Rusty Wallace? I don't think Ryan Newman is a drunk...
Actually I wasn't refering to a NASCAR driver at all, current or retired.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/17/05 at 10:00 am

Actually I wasn't refering to a NASCAR driver at all, current or retired.
Well was the driver in another kind of racing and who was it?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/17/05 at 10:52 am

Kurt Busch is a FOOL. No wonder that Jimmy Spencer hit him with a haymaker and tried to rearrange his face...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/17/05 at 10:55 am

I wonder if Kyle will be anything like Kurt as far as being a troublemaker...and IMO what Kurt Busch did endangered other people on the highway. I lost two friends to drunk and reckless drivers. So I really can't feel sorry for Kurt. He made his bed now he has to lie in it!

Written By: Minion on 11/17/05 at 11:27 am

I know so many people that speed, but then when somebody famous does it, it's bad all of a sudden.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/17/05 at 11:50 am

I know so many people that speed, but then when somebody famous does it, it's bad all of a sudden.
It's bad, period. I live near a major highway in my area that has the nickname 'The Road of Death'..Route 30...where there a lot of accidents involving speeding, DWI, pedestrians getting hit while crossing at the intersection, and the ever-present jaywalkers that think 'oh I can cross safely here'..and BTW Kurt Busch did have alcohol on his breath. I wonder if you really care that INNOCENT people die from being wrecked by reckless and/or drunk drivers. It's not some trivial matter.

Written By: Minion on 11/17/05 at 12:34 pm

Get off of your highhorse, that's what I'm saying it's not trivial, but people do it all the time and don't care until someone famous does it.  They should stop doing it thereself and tell their friends and family to stop doing it and not worry about celebrities.  I never broke the speed limit in my life.  It's not hard.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/17/05 at 12:41 pm

Get off of your highhorse, that's what I'm saying it's not trivial, but people do it all the time and don't care until someone famous does it.

Written By: Minion on 11/17/05 at 1:20 pm

Get off of your highhorse, that's what I'm saying it's not trivial, but people do it all the time and don't care until someone famous does it.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/17/05 at 7:52 pm

I don't drive, so I don't drive recklessly. My mother did it many times but as a child she would never listen to me...I had to stay in a police station for THREE HOURS one time while my Mom made all kinds of excuses for being DWI. She was picked up after rearending someone WHILE I WAS IN THE CAR.....She did not think for one moment that we both could have been severely injured...or even killed. Most people I know would never drive drunk. They know the penalties. I just have a problem with drunk and/or reckless drivers, it does NOT matter who it is. I was just telling FACTS when I posted about Kurt Busch. A lot of folks on NASCAR.com message boards and chats think Kurt Busch is a fool too. It's about celebs being looked up to as ROLE MODELS by some kids and when these celebs do it..it seems to say to kids it's okay to do it too. And some parents don't do their job and set a good example either...

Written By: Skippy on 11/17/05 at 10:47 pm

They should stop doing it thereself and tell their friends and family to stop doing it and not worry about celebrities.
Agree. Don't blame the average person on the street for the actions of "Shock Media". If it hadn't been reported through nationwide media it wouldn't have gotten the attention it really doesn't deserve.
But the fact that he(K. Bush) was driving recklessly, did have alcohol on his breath, challenged a police officer's authority, and refused a field sobriety test and wasn't cut any slack because of his celebrity status the media had to make a big deal of it for their own gain. Bush thought because of his status he was immune, this particular officer felt otherwise.
I read the local paper, I see the DUI arrests every day. I'm glad these individuals are removed from the streets, but the media doesn't make a headline story about it, do they? Still, we should be concerned and alert when behind the wheel because there are more than enough licensed idiots out there.
I was reading posts on another board about Bush, and you talk about people making a big deal over nothing.....sheeesh. One went as far as say the officer overreacted to the situation. Some people let emotion take over and lose all common sense.
So, do I care about K. Bush's career? Nope. Treat him like anybody else, take his license if that's what local law prescribes.
Well was the driver in another kind of racing and who was it?
Think back about 10 years. He raced in CART. His teammate was E. Fittipaldi.

Check for new replies or respond here...