inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Baseball trades and free agents

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/16/05 at 5:30 pm

This thread is to discuss trades, free agent signings and trade rumors.

Personally the person I most want to see the Atlanta Braves get is Billy Wagner.  Jeff Felton says the Braves will land Wagner.

Subject: Re: Baseball trades and free agents

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/17/05 at 12:14 am

Well, Larry Walker retired, Reggie Sanders is getting on in age and Jim Edmonds is no spring chicken. Even Mabry and Taguchi are getting up there in age, thus - The Cardinals need to sign young players.

I have a feeling a certian Mr. Dunn may be wearing a Cardinal uniform next year.

With the new ballpark opening Jockety has a lot of money to throw around and wants to put together a hell of a team from all accounts.

Evidently Brian Giles could be a Redbird. I'm not sure what i think about that one. Whilst i think he's a good player, he's 34-35 years old already and would just add to the age of the outfield.
Plus, last year he was paid around $8,000,000. For $8-9,000,000 i'd rather have Dunn.

The big advantage with Giles, is that although he dosen't have too much pop, he has a great average and great On base percentage.
Dunn strikes out a lot and is although not awful defensivley isn't the best, however, Dunn takes a lot of walks and when he hits the ball.. it - will - fly!

Written By: danootaandme on 11/17/05 at 9:40 am

There are rumblings in Boston especially since the very popular manager Theo Epstein decided to
jump ship.  Manny Ramirez is looking for an out again, he would really like to go to the Mets and
play with Pedro Martinez again.  Millar, Mueller, Damon, Timlin, Myers, and Olerud all could be lost
to other teams. 

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/17/05 at 12:42 pm

There are rumblings in Boston especially since the very popular manager Theo Epstein decided to
jump ship.  Manny Ramirez is looking for an out again, he would really like to go to the Mets and
play with Pedro Martinez again.  Millar, Mueller, Damon, Timlin, Myers, and Olerud all could be lost
to other teams. 

Manny will be somewhat of a gamble. As a DH he's great, but if he came to the NL.. oy.. he'd be awful. My dog, would be better defensivley than Manny  ;D

Even though he's starting to creep up there age, if the Cards were gonna go after any big name outfielder.. i'd kinda like to see them chase Damon. I really think the guy is a great Ball Player.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/17/05 at 12:47 pm

Manny will be somewhat of a gamble. As a DH he's great, but if he came to the NL.. oy.. he'd be awful. My dog, would be better defensivley than Manny  ;D

Even though he's starting to creep up there age, if the Cards were gonna go after any big name outfielder.. i'd kinda like to see them chase Damon. I really think the guy is a great Ball Player.

The saying we have here is "Manny is Manny" .  He was discovered as a young kid, and he has
be treated as one, and acts like one.  He needs a handler, Pedro is one, right now David Ortiz is
the designated daddy. 

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/17/05 at 1:03 pm

The saying we have here is "Manny is Manny" .  He was discovered as a young kid, and he has
be treated as one, and acts like one.  He needs a handler, Pedro is one, right now David Ortiz is
the designated daddy. 

;D

That fits him well.

I'd like to see what Tony La Russa could make of him. Although i don't think as highly of La Russa as a lot of people round here, he's a great man manager.

Check for new replies or respond here...