inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: the XFL

Written By: Chris S on 01/24/06 at 11:02 pm

Anyone remember the XFL?

Subject: Re: the XFL

Written By: Carl on 01/25/06 at 8:36 am

I try not to  ;D It was doomed from the start really, so it was no shock that it fizzled out.

Remember Vince mcmahon WBF (World Bodybuilding Federation) in '92? You think they learn from past mistakes. ::)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/02/06 at 11:43 pm

Anyone remember the XFL?
Yes...the XFL stank!

I still haven't gotten my question answered about whether Tommy Maddox and Rod Smith(He Hate Me)are the only XFL players to make it into the NFL?

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 02/03/06 at 12:12 am

The XFL is the biggest joke of the past few decades. Way too many mistakes were made. You couldn't take the league seriously. Didn't they even use wrestlers as commentators? ::) It should have been promoted as a legitimate sport, instead of it being some inauthentic freakshow promoting useless cheerleaders, losers with mediocre wrestling careers, and very average talent. People gave it a chance, but when fans immediately started to question the authenticity of the game, thats when everybody changed the channel.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/03/06 at 8:46 pm

Well, not everyone was average in that league.  For example, Tommy Maddox (Steelers' backup QB now that Big Ben is in the house) and He Hate Me (Rod Smart, the kick returner for Carolina) come to mind.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/03/06 at 11:21 pm

From 1978-1994 Vince McMahon Jr was perhaps the greatest marketing genius of our time.  Whether as the years went on he got lazy, stupid or way to greedy, I do not know.  The XFL was a joke.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/05/06 at 5:42 pm

Back around 2001 when it first came out I thought it would be bigger than the NFL!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...