inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Any NHRA drag racing fans here?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/01/06 at 7:54 pm

Once in a while, I watch NHRA drag racing...there are a couple of dragstrips in NJ, one is in Englishtown, and the other one is Atco Dragway, right here in South Jersey. Some of those cars really haul a$$, they can go 300 mph, some of 'em..I like the dragsters and funny cars the best.

Whatever happened to John Force though? He has 12 NHRA championships...

Subject: Re: Any NHRA drag racing fans here?

Written By: Skippy on 04/01/06 at 9:51 pm

Once in a while, I watch NHRA drag racing...there are a couple of dragstrips in NJ, one is in Englishtown, and the other one is Atco Dragway, right here in South Jersey. Some of those cars really haul a$$, they can go 300 mph, some of 'em..I like the dragsters and funny cars the best.

Whatever happened to John Force though? He has 12 NHRA championships...

Update-He has 13 Championships

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/02/06 at 5:55 pm

Update-He has 13 Championships
My bad.

I'd bet anything that some people think NHRA is boring, like they think NASCAR is boring. Both NHRA drag racing and Nextel Cup are cool.

Anyone remember Shirley Muldowney?

Written By: Skippy on 04/02/06 at 7:00 pm

I met Shirley a few years back at the US Nationals. She's 100% class. I also met Christen Powell, former driver of both T/F-Dragster and Fuel Funny Car and is the youngest female driver to win an NHRA event. Lori Johns was another good T/F- Dragster driver in the 1980's.
In other news, Angelle Sampey won today in P/S-Motorcycle. Erica Enders ( P/S) made the semi-finals and Melanie Troxel(T/F-Dragster) made it to the finals but lost. Hillary Will (T/F-Dragster) lost in round 2, Karen Stoffer (P/S-Motorcycle) lost in round 1.
I enjoy NHRA events. They do a great job keeping the fans satisfied. You can watch for a few hours and go home, or you can make a weekend of it. The fans are freindly, the pits are always open to spectators, and the drivers and crews are personable. There's always events going on off-track as well. Nothing matches the sting of Nitro in the eyes and throat.

Check for new replies or respond here...