inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: For Golf Lovers Only

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/08/06 at 5:35 pm

Anyone who enjoys golf on here can discuss about the tournaments, players, history and their love for the game.  :)

Subject: Re: For Golf Lovers Only

Written By: Tam on 06/09/06 at 1:05 pm

Hey Girl, maybe you can help me out.

Friends of mine have been talking about a 16 year old girl who can golf her butt off but they won't invite her to the PGA?
Or to some special golf course?? Any idea what it's about?

Tam

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/09/06 at 1:16 pm

Till my back went, I used to play golf. I was never good enough to achieve a handicap and never broke a hundred strokes. In truth, my golf handicap was my swing!

Written By: whistledog on 06/10/06 at 5:41 pm

The odd time when I do watch Golf, it's cause there is nothing else on, but I can usually really get into it.  I like watching Tiger Woods and Mike Weir.  Both excellent golfers 8)

I don't play much gold, though I do love going to the aquatic driving range, and wacking a few balls out there.  When I golf, I am like Happy Gilmore.  I don't have any stance or sh!t like that.  I just like to whack the ball really far ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/15/06 at 5:51 pm

Hey Girl, maybe you can help me out.

Friends of mine have been talking about a 16 year old girl who can golf her butt off but they won't invite her to the PGA?
Or to some special golf course?? Any idea what it's about?

Tam

I think that's Michelle Wei, who's a native of Hawaii.

Written By: Tam on 06/15/06 at 6:05 pm

I think that's Michelle Wei, who's a native of Hawaii.

And you are correct Girl!

Shining the spotlight on a Wei-sy week in golf June 24, 2003
By Melanie Hauser
GolfWeb Senior Correspondent   

The Big Wei-sy wants to sleepover at Augusta National. The new Buick Classic winner doesn't want to discuss it. Tiger Woods is still trying to make a putt. And Jan Stephenson on the ... Champions Tour?

Yes, it was quite the week. Michelle Wie won her first big national event and spurred more comparisons to a young Tiger. She also announced that she wants to, not only play at Augusta National, but sleep there too. We assume in the Crow's Nest as a competitor in the Masters. But if that's not an option if and when the time comes, may we suggest lobbying a member for a spot in one of the club's cabins?

There's no question Wie was impressive in her win at the U.S. Women's Amateur Public Links. And that she and other powerful young players along with her may well be the future of women's golf. But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Yes, she plays a game that the likes of young Morgan Pressel -- remember her? -- and even some LPGA Tour players are not acquainted with. Yes, she's already been on a national magazine cover, gotten major face time on TV and been invited to play in a Nationwide Tour event. But let's not put her in the Masters quite yet.

Michelle Wei has qualified to play in this year's U.S. Women's Open.(Allsport) 
Despite her power, she still needs to develop a better short game. And as incredible as her potential may seem, remember there's more to it than what we think we see in her future. How many times have we hung a can't-miss tag on someone who has? (Ty Tryon comes to immediate mind.)

Her dream is to play on the PGA TOUR and, who knows, she might realize it. But honestly, she has a long way to go. She needs time and room to grow up. To learn the game, learn about herself and to learn how to deal with everything associated with being one of the stars in a game where onlookers are as quick to opine that a year without a major championship is a slump as they are to jump at Grand Slam talk after someone's first major.

After watching Annika S

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/15/06 at 11:59 pm

Anyone watching the US Open this weekend?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/16/06 at 2:08 pm

Anyone watching the US Open this weekend?

I was watching it this morning. Tiger has had quite a beating, Mickelson was even and Montgomery was on top at 1 below par.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/06 at 2:10 am

I was watching it this morning. Tiger has had quite a beating, Mickelson was even and Montgomery was on top at 1 below par.
Is Monty still doing well?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/17/06 at 4:53 pm

Is Monty still doing well?

Last I looked, I think Monty was still on top and Mickelson (my favorite) was +3  :\'(  But, he's still on the leaders board, so that's good...

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/18/06 at 12:02 am

The leaders are Phil Mickelson and Kenneth Ferrie are both on +3, does that mean the course is harder this year?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/18/06 at 5:09 pm

The leaders are Phil Mickelson and Kenneth Ferrie are both on +3, does that mean the course is harder this year?

A lot of people have said that the course has been difficult, as are most US Opens. I guess the US Open in general is more difficult. This one just hasn't been all that exciting to watch, maybe for that reason  ;D I am glad Mickelson was where I hoped for him to be :0)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/06 at 3:09 pm

A lot of people have said that the course has been difficult, as are most US Opens. I guess the US Open in general is more difficult. This one just hasn't been all that exciting to watch, maybe for that reason  ;D I am glad Mickelson was where I hoped for him to be :0)
...I have not seen any of it yet, but I believe Monty blew it on the last hole?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/19/06 at 3:14 pm

...I have not seen any of it yet, but I believe Monty blew it on the last hole?

Monty and Mickelson I believe both bogied at the very end.. :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/06 at 3:15 pm

Monty and Mickelson I believe both bogied at the very end.. :\'(
Will Monty ever win a Major now?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/19/06 at 3:17 pm

Will Monty ever win a Major now?

How old is he? If he's fairly young, who knows?  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/06 at 3:29 pm

How old is he? If he's fairly young, who knows?  :)
Colin Stuart Montgomerie, OBE was born on June 23, 1963 (this Friday will see his 43 birthday), probably his best years are behind him, but remember Jack Nicholas still won The Masters in 1986 at the age of 46.

Check for new replies or respond here...