inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What's all this controversy about F1 driver Michael Schumacher?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/15/06 at 9:33 pm

F1 fans on another board I visit say that Michael Schumacher might be 'cheating' to gain an unfair advantage in races..what do they mean? I thought F1 was devoid of cheating!

Subject: Re: What's all this controversy about F1 driver Michael Schumacher?

Written By: karen on 06/16/06 at 11:26 am

There have been a few occasions of him being less than sportsman like.  I can't recall the details of the latest incident but it was something to do with holding up the Saturday timed events which decide the starting positions on the grid.  He 'accidently' stalled after manouvring out from a minor crash (or something) and prevented some people taking their final laps.  this was in Monaco, a track notorious for it's lack of passing places.

Written By: holicman on 06/24/06 at 12:22 am

That Incident was one of the many controversial moments in his career.

He knocked Damon Hill off the road in 1994 in an effort to win the WDC, which is debatable, but when he tried the same move on Jacques Villeneuve in 1997, that pretty much summed up his character and driver tactics.

My personal view of the monaco incident is that Schumacher knew what he was doing,and POSSIBLY did make a mistake, because he was on a hot lap, but when his chance of a good time being set was screwed up, he proceeded to concede his mistake and use it as a means of red flagging the session, therefore halting other drivers on a hot lap, supposedly there were 3 other drivers with quicker sectors that wouldve knocked schumacher back to 4th.

To summarise, he knew what he was doing, and its no surprise he would try something like that.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/04/06 at 9:20 pm

I hope this is not a stupid question, but what does Michael Schumacher look like?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/04/06 at 9:41 pm

I hope this is not a stupid question, but what does Michael Schumacher look like?

Google is your friend.

http://www.celebrity9.com/img/michael-schumacher/michael-schumacher-1.jpg

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/04/06 at 9:43 pm

Google is your friend.

http://www.celebrity9.com/img/michael-schumacher/michael-schumacher-1.jpg
Hey, he has a cute smile.

Check for new replies or respond here...